“ club are stronger after transfer window “

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
lifelongclaret
Been Liked: 85 times
Has Liked: 29 times

“ club are stronger after transfer window “

Post by lifelongclaret » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:33 am

The headlines in the Lancashire Telegraph, Dyche says the club are in a stronger position, what a load of rubbish, we might have a few more million in the dry powder room, but we have signed a old player and moved on a crowd favourite, I’m still fuming that the club who are cash rich showed a complete lack of ambition, maybe the chairman should be looking to step aside and new investments be sought, the club will soon be asking for next years seasons tickets my (40th year) , but again have failed to back the manager in a proper manner, if we are relegated where we will loose numerous decent players and the club will go into freefall,
Maybe the chairman should come out and explain the business
Plan and be a bit more upfront as to what’s happening
This user liked this post: Downhamclaret

BigChaCha
Been Liked: 253 times

Re: “ club are stronger after transfer window “

Post by BigChaCha » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:41 am

From said Telegraph article .... Burnley have emerged in a healthier financial position and are well set to invest in the summer.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Enclosure
Been Liked: 990 times
Has Liked: 3266 times

Post by The Enclosure » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:50 am

I would imagine Garlick would be delighted to cash in if the right offer came along

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3116 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:58 am

The Enclosure wrote:I would imagine Garlick would be delighted to cash in if the right offer came along
with all the nonsense that comes his way on this forum alone who could blame him - the club - it's infrastructure, playing staff, backroom team and support staff are miles ahead of what they were when he became "custodian" - you might not like it now but it is much, much more than what we could have imagined when he took over
This user liked this post: DAVETHEVICAR

summitclaret
Been Liked: 827 times
Has Liked: 1307 times

Post by summitclaret » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:05 pm

Totally ridiculous comment from Sean if true. Still if I got 70k a week I'd probably do as I was told.

We have completely ignored the risk of injuries to wood and Barnes for money we don't need and tried to fob fans off with crap about it being good for sam.
This user liked this post: Rumpelstiltskin

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:06 pm

“Healthier financial position and are well set to invest in the summer”

Well you know I’m really glad that the Premier League club that consistently turns over large profits at this level are set to invest now that we’ve got that £5m for Sam Vokes.

On another note, we hear this one every year. I mean, we do invest, just tends to be a) Very late in the window, and b) Not the targets we wanted originally anyway.

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:09 pm

" Well set to invest in the summer " Yes, of course we are...

jtv
Been Liked: 297 times
Has Liked: 386 times

Post by jtv » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:14 pm

lifelongclaret wrote:..... maybe the chairman should be looking to step aside and new investments be sought,.....
How much are you prepared to put in?

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5521 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:25 pm

I’m pretty sure he didn’t say “the club are” anything.

What’s the point of these threads? The window closed two days ago, the majority (including myself) think it was a poor window. We can’t do anything about it now; couldn’t you all just have had your rants on Thursday night and left it there?

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3842 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:28 pm

It is time to move on but it doesn't help talking bobbins in the press.

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:36 pm

lifelongclaret wrote:The headlines in the Lancashire Telegraph, Dyche says the club are in a stronger position, what a load of rubbish, we might have a few more million in the dry powder room, but we have signed a old player and moved on a crowd favourite, I’m still fuming that the club who are cash rich showed a complete lack of ambition, maybe the chairman should be looking to step aside and new investments be sought, the club will soon be asking for next years seasons tickets my (40th year) , but again have failed to back the manager in a proper manner, if we are relegated where we will loose numerous decent players and the club will go into freefall,
Maybe the chairman should come out and explain the business
Plan and be a bit more upfront as to what’s happening
"Club are stronger after transfer window"

He suggested the club has more money, that's all. Don't 'loose' any sleep over it.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5003 times
Has Liked: 6721 times

Post by bfcjg » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:36 pm

More money for a serious promotion challenge.

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:59 pm

In all seriousness though I’m glad they’ve clarified there was no pressure to sell him.
Something disastrous would’ve had to happen behind the scenes for us to need raise that sort of money before we can buy.

gtclaret
Been Liked: 338 times
Has Liked: 118 times

Post by gtclaret » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:04 pm

I can't understand Mr Garlick takes the credit for the current financial situation. We are in this healthy position because we have had the TV money from the premier league. I would like to know what part he played in that In 2014 we won promotion with no investment, SD and his coaching staff are to take the credit. When we were relegated, the team investment was paid for by player sales, so Mr Garlick made no contributions, on promotion we sold Keane and Gray within a year subsidising the investment. Since then despite the accumulation of funds the financial constraints continue, so SD is left having to chase players between £10m-£15m even though the market and our available funds have moved on. I don't understand why Garlick takes the credit for pulling out of intended targets for the sake of half a million. The TV money is there with or without our Chairman so what did he do to put the club in the position it is in