Brexit: Uniting the Country Since 31/01/2020

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Locked
Rowls
Posts: 7805
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:00 pm
Been Liked: 2834 times
Has Liked: 2841 times
Location: Montpellier, France

Brexit: Uniting the Country Since 31/01/2020

Post by Rowls » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:28 am

Just when you thought the Remainer cause couldn't get cringier than Eurogirl, or Lord Adonis and Alistair Campbell droning on ...

Up pops Dr Victoria Bateman to out do them all.

https://twitter.com/vnbateman/status/10 ... 7697819649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's even more cringey than that man who puts his signs on a very long pole to get them on the BBC gantry.
Last edited by Rowls on Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
These 5 users liked this post: DomBFC1882 Murger burnleymik hampsteadclaret KateR

Lancasterclaret
Posts: 16145
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:09 pm
Been Liked: 5139 times
Has Liked: 2936 times
Location: Riding the galactic winds in my X-wing

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Lancasterclaret » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:29 am

Going well isn't it!

Rowls
Posts: 7805
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:00 pm
Been Liked: 2834 times
Has Liked: 2841 times
Location: Montpellier, France

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Rowls » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:31 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Going well isn't it!
The Remainer cause has been doing marvellously well ever since the day after the referendum.

It's been nothing short of a cringe-fest of little old europeaners banging on immigration and showing themselves up as a bunch of nerds, political obsessives and losers.

Bring on Brexit.
These 9 users liked this post: cockneyclaret burnleymik ClaretRock Bosscat Mansfield-Claret KateR DomBFC1882 turfytopper RingoMcCartney

Lancasterclaret
Posts: 16145
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:09 pm
Been Liked: 5139 times
Has Liked: 2936 times
Location: Riding the galactic winds in my X-wing

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Lancasterclaret » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:33 am

I know its not going well when you turn into Ringo.

Wonder what could possibly have bought a Brexit post on from Rowls. Its normally to try to deflect from some really bad Brexit news............
These 6 users liked this post: Lord Beamish evensteadiereddie Burnley Ace AndrewJB Greenmile Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Bertiebeehead
Posts: 1634
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:28 am
Been Liked: 499 times
Has Liked: 621 times
Location: Franks shed

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Bertiebeehead » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:34 am

Could have had a wax before filming.

Rowls
Posts: 7805
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:00 pm
Been Liked: 2834 times
Has Liked: 2841 times
Location: Montpellier, France

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Rowls » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:36 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:I know its not going well when you turn into Ringo.

Wonder what could possibly have bought a Brexit post on from Rowls. Its normally to try to deflect from some really bad Brexit news............
I really don't need to say anything. I just highlight what Remainers are doing and the case for Brexit improves.

Rowls
Posts: 7805
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:00 pm
Been Liked: 2834 times
Has Liked: 2841 times
Location: Montpellier, France

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Rowls » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:39 am

Here for example is ex-Prime Minister Tony Blair insisting that the votes of millions of people be overturned...

Image

DomBFC1882
Posts: 415
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:21 pm
Been Liked: 119 times
Has Liked: 1016 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by DomBFC1882 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:40 am

Signed in just to like the op

Rowls
Posts: 7805
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:00 pm
Been Liked: 2834 times
Has Liked: 2841 times
Location: Montpellier, France

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Rowls » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:41 am

...here's the man with the very long stick...

Image

Murger
Posts: 1742
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:55 pm
Been Liked: 469 times
Has Liked: 512 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Murger » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:41 am

She could've had a trim.

Rowls
Posts: 7805
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:00 pm
Been Liked: 2834 times
Has Liked: 2841 times
Location: Montpellier, France

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Rowls » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:42 am

.... and here's Brexit Girl herself in another embarrassing photoshoot.

Image

randomclaret2
Posts: 3790
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:04 pm
Been Liked: 1721 times
Has Liked: 2503 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by randomclaret2 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:43 am

That class of people certainly seem to love stripping off and parading around naked . Its usually something to do with cycling or some form of bizarre living art installation that requires hundreds of them to lie in a heap on the ground. All points to very odd individuals ultimately.

Rowls
Posts: 7805
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:00 pm
Been Liked: 2834 times
Has Liked: 2841 times
Location: Montpellier, France

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Rowls » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:45 am

...and here's the New European explaining why you're a racist...

Image

Rowls
Posts: 7805
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:00 pm
Been Liked: 2834 times
Has Liked: 2841 times
Location: Montpellier, France

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Rowls » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:46 am

... another edition...

Image

Lancasterclaret
Posts: 16145
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:09 pm
Been Liked: 5139 times
Has Liked: 2936 times
Location: Riding the galactic winds in my X-wing

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Lancasterclaret » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:48 am

Yup, its definitely going south

Rowls is rattled.

I feel for France, they might get to keep him after all.
These 3 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie Lord Beamish simonclaret

Clarethalffull
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:40 pm
Been Liked: 59 times
Has Liked: 96 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Clarethalffull » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:50 am

OK. Let's just accept that on the extreme side of remain there are some idiots and on the the extreme side of leave there are some idiots.

Does that mean they represent you personally?

I voted to remain and I am very concerned about the way all of our MP's are managing the situation.

Not because I 'lost' or need to 'get over it' but because it looks like all of the adults have left the building and I am worried about the impact it will have on my finances and the finances/future of all of my friends/family etc.

If you are crowing about how fantastic Brexit is I would love you to give me reasons to embrace it.
These 5 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie nil_desperandum Lancasterclaret Falcon Siddo

Jakubclaret
Posts: 3167
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:47 pm
Been Liked: 375 times
Has Liked: 280 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:06 am

Clarethalffull wrote:OK. Let's just accept that on the extreme side of remain there are some idiots and on the the extreme side of leave there are some idiots.

Does that mean they represent you personally?

I voted to remain and I am very concerned about the way all of our MP's are managing the situation.

Not because I 'lost' or need to 'get over it' but because it looks like all of the adults have left the building and I am worried about the impact it will have on my finances and the finances/future of all of my friends/family etc.

If you are crowing about how fantastic Brexit is I would love you to give me reasons to embrace it.
Well how about this for an idea, just a mere suggestion, why don't we wait first we haven't left yet & then embrace it, not a bad idea eh?

Jel
Posts: 566
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:54 pm
Been Liked: 176 times
Has Liked: 985 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Jel » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:15 am

Murger wrote:She could've had a trim.
Mary Hinge!

nil_desperandum
Posts: 5964
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:06 pm
Been Liked: 1450 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by nil_desperandum » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:18 am

Jakubclaret wrote:Well how about this for an idea, just a mere suggestion, why don't we wait first we haven't left yet & then embrace it, not a bad idea eh?
But embrace what? You never tell us, and no one in government can make up their mind what it is, and even when the ideologically driven ERG got together to try to define what it was and how to achieve it they failed abysmally.
These 3 users liked this post: Clarethalffull AndrewJB Siddo

JohnMcGreal
Posts: 1559
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:37 am
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 357 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by JohnMcGreal » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:18 am

#prayforrowls

martin_p
Posts: 6797
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:40 pm
Been Liked: 2269 times
Has Liked: 497 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by martin_p » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:23 am

These people should be arrested and locked up, democracy demands it!

Colburn_Claret
Posts: 4475
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:30 pm
Been Liked: 1694 times
Has Liked: 2515 times
Location: Catterick N.Yorks

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Colburn_Claret » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:30 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Going well isn't it!
It's not going well.
It's not going bad.
Its just not going, and that's the only real problem.
This user liked this post: karenhuttonsocial

martin_p
Posts: 6797
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:40 pm
Been Liked: 2269 times
Has Liked: 497 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by martin_p » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:36 am

Colburn_Claret wrote:It's not going well.
It's not going bad.
Its just not going, and that's the only real problem.
So being less than eight weeks from Brexit day without any idea of how we might get a deal, the only plan being to go back and ask if we can get out of that bit we don't like, despite being repeatedly told that's not an option, isn't going badly? My son is four years old and even he has moved on from the 'constantly asking the same question hoping for a different answer' negotiating tactic.
This user liked this post: AndrewJB

aggi
Posts: 5733
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:31 am
Been Liked: 1346 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by aggi » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:51 am

Rowls wrote:I really don't need to say anything. I just highlight what Remainers are doing and the case for Brexit improves.
This is a weird stance. You don't seem to be highlighting the other side, for instance James Goddard calling people Nazis and offering to have a war with the police (only on Saturdays mind), and how that is strengthening the case for Brexit?

https://twitter.com/mikestuchbery_/stat ... 86?lang=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I guess a placard on a long pole is pretty bad compared to that though.

Burnley Ace
Posts: 1770
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:03 pm
Been Liked: 327 times
Has Liked: 1444 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Burnley Ace » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:53 am

Rowls wrote:.... and here's Brexit Girl herself in another embarrassing photoshoot.

Image
Shouldn’t she be “Remainer Girl” ? Rather look at her than the “Gilet trou blanc” brigade representing leave.

martin_p
Posts: 6797
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:40 pm
Been Liked: 2269 times
Has Liked: 497 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by martin_p » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:55 am

aggi wrote:This is a weird stance. You don't seem to be highlighting the other side, for instance James Goddard calling people Nazis and offering to have a war with the police (only on Saturdays mind), and how that is strengthening the case for Brexit?

https://twitter.com/mikestuchbery_/stat ... 86?lang=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
To be fair that all happened before he started to get worried he may be arrested and shut up. Hope he kept the receipt for his 'yellow vest'.

TVC15
Posts: 7615
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:09 pm
Been Liked: 3014 times
Has Liked: 549 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by TVC15 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:59 am

Rowls wrote:I really don't need to say anything. I just highlight what Remainers are doing and the case for Brexit improves.
For someone who doesn’t need to say anything you’re saying quite a lot Rowls !!

You not big on irony then ? Is it going swimmingly for you Brexit lot ?.....you getting excited yet about getting the Empire going again ? Have you got the big map out yet on the coffee table ?
This user liked this post: Siddo

Rowls
Posts: 7805
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:00 pm
Been Liked: 2834 times
Has Liked: 2841 times
Location: Montpellier, France

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Rowls » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:02 am

TVC15 wrote:For someone who doesn’t need to say anything you’re saying quite a lot Rowls !!

You not big on irony then ? Is it going swimmingly for you Brexit lot ?.....you getting excited yet about getting the Empire going again ? Have you got the big map out yet on the coffee table ?
Rowls wrote:.... just highlight what Remainers are doing and the case for Brexit improves.

Clarethalffull
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:40 pm
Been Liked: 59 times
Has Liked: 96 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Clarethalffull » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:07 am

Jakubclaret wrote:Well how about this for an idea, just a mere suggestion, why don't we wait first we haven't left yet & then embrace it, not a bad idea eh?
That is a rather strange stance to take. I don't remember 'why don't we wait first we haven't left yet & then embrace it, not a bad idea eh?' being written on the side of a bus.

We were told that we would all gain financially from Brexit. That the NHS would receive millions and everything would be rosy.

What is actually going to better when we leave?
This user liked this post: Burnley Ace

martin_p
Posts: 6797
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:40 pm
Been Liked: 2269 times
Has Liked: 497 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by martin_p » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:07 am

Rowls wrote:I really don't need to say anything. I just highlight what Remainers are doing and the case for Brexit improves.
Come on Rowls, you're better than that. While I disagree with you on Brexit you usually do at least present an argument. How is a man with a sign on a long stick and a professor getting her kit off improving the case for Brexit?

Rowls
Posts: 7805
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:00 pm
Been Liked: 2834 times
Has Liked: 2841 times
Location: Montpellier, France

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Rowls » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:17 am

martin_p wrote:Come on Rowls, you're better than that. While I disagree with you on Brexit you usually do at least present an argument. How is a man with a sign on a long stick and a professor getting her kit off improving the case for Brexit?
I'm surprised you can't see this martin but these actions are just daft gimmicks.

Nobody has mentioned a single word the naked lady said.

Not a single word.

What does that tell you about how well this message is getting across?

All the public see is that it's now the pro-EU side who are the "fruitcakes" to borrow David Cameron's phrase.

claptrappers_union
Posts: 2407
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:40 pm
Been Liked: 685 times
Has Liked: 115 times
Location: The Banana Stand

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by claptrappers_union » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:27 am

I'm not one to really debate politics on football forums, but when I see the arguments for remain, I see expression though art, culture, performance, film and music - a naked broad on on a stage... take or leave. But if you listen to what she is saying its obviously subversive - but lets be honest, its attention seeking nonsense. You're not going to change the view point of half the nation prancing about on stage with yer knockers out.

However, since the referendum, I've tired to warm to the idea, listened to leave voters and tried to 'get it'. I still don't see one benefit of leaving the EU. I'm not Pro-EU or anything. Just the arguments against just seem a bit silly. Sillier than a naked lady.
Last edited by claptrappers_union on Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
These 2 users liked this post: AndrewJB Siddo

martin_p
Posts: 6797
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:40 pm
Been Liked: 2269 times
Has Liked: 497 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by martin_p » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:28 am

Rowls wrote:I'm surprised you can't see this martin but these actions are just daft gimmicks.

Nobody has mentioned a single word the naked lady said.

Not a single word.

What does that tell you about how well this message is getting across?

All the public see is that it's now the pro-EU side who are the "fruitcakes" to borrow David Cameron's phrase.
Well of course they're gimmicks, that's how you get your message across in this jaded conversation. I haven't watched the naked lady talk, but I can imagine far more people have watched it than would have had she kept her kit on. The whole referenedum campaign was full of gimmicks, slogans on buses, Farage on the Thames, etc, it's how the world works these days.

Besides, I thought the public voted for fruitcakes!

nil_desperandum
Posts: 5964
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:06 pm
Been Liked: 1450 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by nil_desperandum » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:31 am

Rowls wrote: All the public see is that it's now the pro-EU side who are the "fruitcakes" to borrow David Cameron's phrase.
One thing for certain, whether you agree with her evidence backed argument or not, she is absolutely no "fruitcake". In fact she is better qualified to give a lecture on this than 99.9% of the population.
Fair enough if you don't agree with her, but she can't be dismissed as some kind of bonkers freak-show, she's a top lecturer in economics with degrees at Oxford and Cambridge.
Why did she take he clothes off?, ..... in order to get her lecture on social media of course. Would anyone outside that lecture hall have listened to her otherwise?

TVC15
Posts: 7615
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:09 pm
Been Liked: 3014 times
Has Liked: 549 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by TVC15 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:32 am

What’s less offensive Rowls ?

1) Someone getting her baps out

2) An organised campaign of lies costing millions of pounds and pretending to the British public the country will have billions of pounds extra to spend on the NHS
Last edited by TVC15 on Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: Burnley Ace

Rowls
Posts: 7805
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:00 pm
Been Liked: 2834 times
Has Liked: 2841 times
Location: Montpellier, France

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Rowls » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:33 am

martin_p wrote:Well of course they're gimmicks, that's how you get your message across in this jaded conversation. I haven't watched the naked lady talk, but I can imagine far more people have watched it than would have had she kept her kit on.
The message the public will 'hear' is not necessarily what she intended to get across.

Seriously, has anybody listened to her?

TVC15
Posts: 7615
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:09 pm
Been Liked: 3014 times
Has Liked: 549 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by TVC15 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:35 am

Rowls wrote:The message the public will 'hear' is not necessarily what she intended to get across.

Seriously, has anybody listened to her?
Well you have managed to inadvertently increased her audience - let’s hope there are a few more like you eh

tiger76
Posts: 8802
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:43 pm
Been Liked: 1382 times
Has Liked: 3009 times
Location: Glasgow

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by tiger76 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:39 am

I disagree with this ladies views,but purely the fact her antics are being discussed,means she is having an impact.

Whether she will change anyone's opinions on brexit IDK.

Sproggy
Posts: 693
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:41 pm
Been Liked: 262 times
Has Liked: 70 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Sproggy » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:41 am

TVC15 wrote:What’s less offensive Rowls ?

1) Someone getting her baps out

2) An organised campaign of lies costing millions of pounds and pretending to the British public the country will have billions of pounds extra to spend on the NHS
3) Osborne and Darling threatening a 15 billion pound punishment budget they day after a Brexit leave vote

4) Donald Tusk suggesting a leave vote could be the end of Western civilisation as we know it

5) David Cameron suggesting that Europe could descend into war if Britain leaves the EU

6) George Osborne telling us that households would be £4,300 a year worse off, millions of jobs would be at risk and house prices would fall by 20% all within 2 years of a leave vote

martin_p
Posts: 6797
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:40 pm
Been Liked: 2269 times
Has Liked: 497 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by martin_p » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:41 am

Rowls wrote:The message the public will 'hear' is not necessarily what she intended to get across.

Seriously, has anybody listened to her?
Perhaps she should put on a yellow vest and scream in the faces of the police and politicians, threatening violence. Would that make her less of a 'fruitcake'?

Rowls
Posts: 7805
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:00 pm
Been Liked: 2834 times
Has Liked: 2841 times
Location: Montpellier, France

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Rowls » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:41 am

TVC15 wrote:Well you have managed to inadvertently increased her audience - let’s hope there are a few more like you eh
Rowls wrote:... just highlight what Remainers are doing and the case for Brexit improves.
"inadvertently" :D

JohnMcGreal
Posts: 1559
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:37 am
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 357 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by JohnMcGreal » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:42 am

Rowls, like most Brexiters, is conveniently ignoring the ever-growing mountain of evidence stacking up against Brexit from rational and intelligent people, and is instead mocking the light-hearted gimmicks from people like 'Brexit Girl'.

It's absolutely desperate.
This user liked this post: nyclaret

Rowls
Posts: 7805
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:00 pm
Been Liked: 2834 times
Has Liked: 2841 times
Location: Montpellier, France

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Rowls » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:44 am

nil_desperandum wrote:One thing for certain, whether you agree with her evidence backed argument or not, she is absolutely no "fruitcake". In fact she is better qualified to give a lecture on this than 99.9% of the population.
Fair enough if you don't agree with her, but she can't be dismissed as some kind of bonkers freak-show, she's a top lecturer in economics with degrees at Oxford and Cambridge.
Why did she take he clothes off?, ..... in order to get her lecture on social media of course. Would anyone outside that lecture hall have listened to her otherwise?
You've missed the point nil_desperandum.

Nobody has listened to her anyway.

Rowls
Posts: 7805
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:00 pm
Been Liked: 2834 times
Has Liked: 2841 times
Location: Montpellier, France

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Rowls » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:45 am

martin_p wrote:Perhaps she should put on a yellow vest and scream in the faces of the police and politicians, threatening violence. Would that make her less of a 'fruitcake'?
You make an excellent point martin.

With debate this strong the Remain cause will surely overturn the referendum result.

Rowls
Posts: 7805
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:00 pm
Been Liked: 2834 times
Has Liked: 2841 times
Location: Montpellier, France

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Rowls » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:47 am

JohnMcGreal wrote:Rowls, like most Brexiters, is conveniently ignoring the ever-growing mountain of evidence stacking up against Brexit from rational and intelligent people, and is instead mocking the light-hearted gimmicks from people like 'Brexit Girl'.

It's absolutely desperate.
Conveniently ignoring the "evidence" which you haven't even mentioned?

These brexit threads have been empty spaces for getting on 2 years now.

This is just filling in time.

The debate was won and lost just before the referendum.

martin_p
Posts: 6797
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:40 pm
Been Liked: 2269 times
Has Liked: 497 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by martin_p » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:48 am

Sproggy wrote:3) Osborne and Darling threatening a 15 billion pound punishment budget they day after a Brexit leave vote

4) Donald Tusk suggesting a leave vote could be the end of Western civilisation as we know it

5) David Cameron suggesting that Europe could descend into war if Britain leaves the EU

6) George Osborne telling us that households would be £4,300 a year worse off, millions of jobs would be at risk and house prices would fall by 20% all within 2 years of a leave vote
Well Cameron and Osbourne have had the good grace to resign, the liars of Leave are still very much on the political scene.

And Donald Tusk said 'the end of Western political civilisation' which is a different thing. It's a bit rich to be calling it out when Leavers claim that a second referendum would cause the same thing in the UK.
This user liked this post: fusco

Lancasterclaret
Posts: 16145
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:09 pm
Been Liked: 5139 times
Has Liked: 2936 times
Location: Riding the galactic winds in my X-wing

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Lancasterclaret » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:49 am

You've fallen into his trap lads

He wants you to talk about a lass with her knockers out who supports remain, rather than concentrating on another bad week for "Team Brexit".

Ask him to list the benefits of "No Deal", just like I did with Ringo last week.
This user liked this post: fusco

Rowls
Posts: 7805
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:00 pm
Been Liked: 2834 times
Has Liked: 2841 times
Location: Montpellier, France

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Rowls » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:50 am

I suspect, JohnMcGreal, that when you talk about "the ever-growing mountain of evidence" what you really mean is the ever-growing mountain of opinion.

There's an equally large mountain on either side of the debate.

Rowls
Posts: 7805
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:00 pm
Been Liked: 2834 times
Has Liked: 2841 times
Location: Montpellier, France

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Rowls » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:51 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:You've fallen into his trap lads

He wants you to talk about a lass with her knockers out who supports remain, rather than concentrating on another bad week for "Team Brexit".

Ask him to list the benefits of "No Deal", just like I did with Ringo last week.
Arrrgghhh! It's a trap!

It's not me who wants you to talk about the lass with her knockers out - it's the lass with her knockers out who wants you to listen to the lass with her knockers out.

Go ahead, go listen to the lass with her knockers out and listen to what she has to say about Brexit.
These 2 users liked this post: JenniferTown Gy gy

martin_p
Posts: 6797
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:40 pm
Been Liked: 2269 times
Has Liked: 497 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by martin_p » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:52 am

Rowls wrote:Conveniently ignoring the "evidence" which you haven't even mentioned?

These brexit threads have been empty spaces for getting on 2 years now.

This is just filling in time.

The debate was won and lost just before the referendum.
There's plenty of evidence, you just don't want to see it.

Nissan cite Brexit as a problem as the withdraw new jobs from the UK.
Banks have already started moving billions of pounds of assets off shore.
Many other businesses implmeneting their 'no deal' emergency plans, some of which involve moving some operations into the EU.

This is not project fear, this is what's happening.
This user liked this post: Gy gy

Locked