Brexit: Uniting the Country Since 31/01/2020

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Damo » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:01 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:That's the Remain campaign. Why are you posting what the Remain campaign said when their campaign didn't win? The campaign that won was the one saying Remain were lying. But now you're saying Remain were right all along. lol. OK. Then let's vote again and give them the credit they deserve by voting for them.
All I'm saying is be careful posting demonstrable lies.
Especially when it's so easy to prove you are lying.
Not only will you face the wrath of several remainers on here, you may end up in court
This user liked this post: AndyClaret

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:01 pm

Damo wrote:Watch the video Charlie.
Boris, gove and leadsom are on there saying the same thing in the first minute or so

Sure. They're saying leave the single market, they NOT saying Leave with No Deal and on WTO terms. those are two very different things, and in fact Farage even implies a deal when he says every single country accesses the single market.

No Deal is not what was campaigned for and should not be enacted without a public vote for it.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:03 pm

Damo wrote:All I'm saying is be careful posting demonstrable lies.
Especially when it's so easy to prove you are lying.
Not only will you face the wrath of several remainers on here, you may end up in court
I wasn't lying. I didn't even post anything that was wrong. Your video doesn't show that i'm wrong and in fact supports my argument that they weren't campaigning on leaving with No Deal.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:07 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I wasn't lying. I didn't even post anything that was wrong. Your video doesn't show that i'm wrong and in fact supports my argument that they weren't campaigning on leaving with No Deal.
You are just as bad, intact probably worse than any other poster on here for ignoring facts because they ruin your argument.
If Ringo was doing what you do, there would be about 8 poters berating him for days about it and accusing him of being drunk

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:20 pm

Damo wrote:You are just as bad, intact probably worse than any other poster on here for ignoring facts because they ruin your argument.
If Ringo was doing what you do, there would be about 8 poters berating him for days about it and accusing him of being drunk
:lol:

What facts have I ignored. I ******* addressed your video. I watched it (the ******* opposite of "ignoring"), and explained why it doesn't refute my argument that there was no campaign for a no deal brexit.

Leaving the single market is not the same as a no deal brexit.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2009 times
Has Liked: 2904 times

Post by elwaclaret » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:04 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:I wanted the compromise, but the uber Brexiteers did not.

They now tell us that we always voted for this, when all the evidence suggests we didn't.

I'd be very careful about throwing absolutism around on either side on this one, but a minority want their way and won't let anything stop it.

Only one side threatens violence on the streets if it doesn't get its way

Only one side said it would pick up a rifle and head for the hills if it doesn't get its way

Only one side has a political party in which it is literally "One man, one vote".

You know your history elwa, so tell me, what does that tell you?
Must admit of the Tory leadership candidates, the one that looks like Gollum seems to talk the most sense, though talk is cheap and he may not be popular with the hard liners. Not that I will be involved in the process before a general election.

Always thought Labour had a far more democratic leadership process... but when politics get this messed up you end up with JC as a membership protest lol.

Fact is I won’t be crying myself to sleep should brexit not happen, no more than I was desperate for it to happen... but parliament (Cameron) abused the referendum process for his own ends and got bitten. A referendum is a major once or twice a lifetime final straw when parliament Reaches deadlock... Let the nation decide. Having asked the people there should have been no further debate from either side. This first part should never have left the offices of power again (Euro and Uk)... That is what a referendum is for. The detail is why the civil servants are paid so highly. I had no problem with an “as you were” solution, personally.. as long as the UK had the final say on what legislation we adopt in future.

History says Europe will turn tribal, it is too diverse for one size fits all. Liberals will pull for a comprehensive system, the nationalists will resent their progression being retarded..
Napoleon tried it, the Vienna Convention tried it to name but two... they chug along often for years working together... but each time it all ends with polarisation and war.

I was expecting a far bigger shift to what happened tif in the elections, Spain thankfully didn’t go Nationalist as my contacts over there clearly expected it too... that would have made the EU interesting. But it’s clearly still on the rise. I’d rather not be in the middle of it when it does.

AndyClaret
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 543 times

Post by AndyClaret » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:39 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:How many of those 52% voted leave instead of remain because the Leave campaign promised something that cannot be delivered? if it's more than 2% of all votes then Remain wins. And if Leave MPs won't let us measure that fact then it wouldn't be democratic to leave with no deal.

In democracy you don't get to redefine what it was you campaigned for after you win. Leave campaigned on there being a deal. That can't be delivered. Leaving with no deal would be just as undemocratic as remaining since no campaign for a no deal brexit won the referendum.

How many of the 48% voted remain because they believed the lies of the Remain campaign. Two can play this game Charlie.

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2819 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:24 pm

AndyClaret wrote:How many of the 48% voted remain because they believed the lies of the Remain campaign. Two can play this game Charlie.
Regardless of the finger pointing and who told which lies, the simple fact remains that the option of remaining in the EU meant that nothing would change, we would continue as we are. Nothing needed campaigning about on that front.

The leave campaign suggested various scenarios and have since also discussed the possibility of a No Deal, which wasn't indicated within the ballot when people voted.

That's why there's an issue

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:41 pm

ClaretAndJew wrote:Regardless of the finger pointing and who told which lies, the simple fact remains that the option of remaining in the EU meant that nothing would change, we would continue as we are. Nothing needed campaigning about on that front.

The leave campaign suggested various scenarios and have since also discussed the possibility of a No Deal, which wasn't indicated within the ballot when people voted.

I’m sure you understand that to get ANY deal, no deal has to be the default position for Britain in any negotiation. I cannot decide if your position is I’ll thought out or disingenuous as it suits your remain position. I cannot believe anyone sane would play poker while holding their cards back to front, let alone a nation’s future

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:48 pm

elwaclaret wrote:I’m sure you understand that to get ANY deal, no deal has to be the default position for Britain in any negotiation. I cannot decide if your position is I’ll thought out or disingenuous as it suits your remain position. I cannot believe anyone sane would play poker while holding their cards back to front, let alone a nation’s future
You're like a dumped boyfriend who threatens to kill himself unless she takes you back. The trick is to really mean it and everything will come up smelling of roses

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:50 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:You're like a dumped boyfriend who threatens to kill himself unless she takes you back. The trick is to really mean it and everything will come up smelling of roses
There isn't any option that comes out well for the UK.

But the absolute worst one is "No Deal".

Arguing for and against Brexit is one thing, arguing that this is an option is bloody silly and solves nothing.
This user liked this post: claret_in_exile

taio
Been Liked: 3240 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:54 pm

elwaclaret wrote:I’m sure you understand that to get ANY deal, no deal has to be the default position for Britain in any negotiation. I cannot decide if your position is I’ll thought out or disingenuous as it suits your remain position. I cannot believe anyone sane would play poker while holding their cards back to front, let alone a nation’s future
No deal is almost last resort for me. I certainly dont want that. But you raise a really good point about taking it off the table during negotiation. It makes no sense to me for the reason you allude to.

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:59 pm

taio wrote:No deal is almost last resort for me. I certainly dont want that. But you raise a really good point about taking it off the table during negotiation. It makes no sense to me for the reason you allude to.
In reality no deal is in no one’s interest, no matter what they tell you, EU or parliament. But as I say you don’t get any kind of deal without it.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:03 pm

elwaclaret wrote:In reality no deal is in no one’s interest, no matter what they tell you, EU or parliament. But as I say you don’t get any kind of deal without it.
Right, so no one is going to use it, but its still a use in a negotiation?

I can't see any flaws in that at all.

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:08 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Right, so no one is going to use it, but its still a use in a negotiation?

I can't see any flaws in that at all.
No one wants it but it has to be the default position at the negotiation. Would you commit to buying a Burnley shirt without knowing the price? So why would you rule making our own way is worse than any possible deal? without this becoming another... that is why we should remain debate.

You have to have an all else fails position in negotiation Lancaster, you know that, stop trying to play me.

aggi
Been Liked: 2117 times

Post by aggi » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:15 pm

If Brexit has been good for one thing, it's the number of torturous analogies that people have dreamt up to try and make an incredibly complex subject seem simple.
This user liked this post: martin_p

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:21 pm

aggi wrote:If Brexit has been good for one thing, it's the number of torturous analogies that people have dreamt up to try and make an incredibly complex subject seem simple.
Not really aggi the principle remains the same. Would you tell an employer how much you are willing to work for? Or would you wait and see what the best offer is before committing to work for them... same principle.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:30 pm

elwaclaret wrote:No one wants it but it has to be the default position at the negotiation. Would you commit to buying a Burnley shirt without knowing the price? So why would you rule making our own way is worse than any possible deal? without this becoming another... that is why we should remain debate.

You have to have an all else fails position in negotiation Lancaster, you know that, stop trying to play me.
Er, you do know that Brexit is slightly more complicated than buying a Burnley shirt (I know the club shop get some pelters, but crikey!)

The last resort of "We'll **** our economy if we don't get what we want" isn't a negotiating strategy. Full stop.

aggi

Post by aggi » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:38 pm

elwaclaret wrote:Not really aggi the principle remains the same. Would you tell an employer how much you are willing to work for? Or would you wait and see what the best offer is before committing to work for them... same principle.
I'm not particularly picking on yours, there are loads of them on both sides of the debate and they're all ****.

The principle would be the same so long as it was caveated with a whole variety of extra criteria (how much do you need the shirt, how opaque are your preparations for not getting the shirt, are there even other shirts available, would the cost of the shirt be outweighed by opportunities you will miss out on if you don't have that shirt, etc)

AndyClaret

Post by AndyClaret » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:44 pm

ClaretAndJew wrote:Regardless of the finger pointing and who told which lies, the simple fact remains that the option of remaining in the EU meant that nothing would change, we would continue as we are. Nothing needed campaigning about on that front.

Yes but what type of remain were we voting for ? An EU army ? Joining the Euro ? Ever closer union ?

And don't say we have a veto.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:46 pm

AndyClaret wrote:Yes but what type of remain were we voting for ? An EU army ? Joining the Euro ? Ever closer union ?

Yeah, don't say what makes the question I've posed totally ridiculous.

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:53 pm

aggi wrote:I'm not particularly picking on yours, there are loads of them on both sides of the debate and they're all ****.

The principle would be the same so long as it was caveated with a whole variety of extra criteria (how much do you need the shirt, how opaque are your preparations for not getting the shirt, are there even other shirts available, would the cost of the shirt be outweighed by opportunities you will miss out on if you don't have that shirt, etc)
That is why there are negotiations. But I maintain you do not get a good deal no matter what it is if you approach it from a position of weakness, having a leader who is idealistically opposed to what she is doing is hardly showing strength and conviction. We are where we are. There are three options - a strong leader with a deal strong enough for parliament to admit its as good as its going to get, at least. We drop out with no deal because the EU (now with more Nationalist sympathisers) throw us out. Or we go to a second referendum... the holy grail of remainers. Even in the event of an about turn ( which I just don’t see) you end up with a massive surge in Nationalism with all that entails. I wouldn’t personally like to pick the winner at the moment... but I’m pretty sure I’d be working damned hard to get it sorted... and that means negotiation.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3765 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:06 pm

AndyClaret wrote:Yes but what type of remain were we voting for ? An EU army ? Joining the Euro ? Ever closer union ?

Don’t mention the veto! It ruins the whole ‘we don’t have any control over our future’ argument.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:09 pm

elwaclaret wrote:That is why there are negotiations. But I maintain you do not get a good deal no matter what it is if you approach it from a position of weakness, having a leader who is idealistically opposed to what she is doing is hardly showing strength and conviction. We are where we are. There are three options - a strong leader with a deal strong enough for parliament to admit its as good as its going to get, at least. We drop out with no deal because the EU (now with more Nationalist sympathisers) throw us out. Or we go to a second referendum... the holy grail of remainers. Even in the event of an about turn ( which I just don’t see) you end up with a massive surge in Nationalism with all that entails. I wouldn’t personally like to pick the winner at the moment... but I’m pretty sure I’d be working damned hard to get it sorted... and that means negotiation.
Ok, so it’s back to the tried and trusted method of thinking this will be the ‘easiest deal in history’ and that the EU ‘needs us more than we need them’ as a negotiation tactic then. That worked out well didn’t it.
This user liked this post: Greenmile

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:24 pm

martin_p wrote:Ok, so it’s back to the tried and trusted method of thinking this will be the ‘easiest deal in history’ and that the EU ‘needs us more than we need them’ as a negotiation tactic then. That worked out well didn’t it.
Who said it was easy... it’s only easy when you roll over and play dead. And when was that ever employed in negotiation, rather than talked up for television sound bites?

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:28 pm

elwaclaret wrote:Who said it was easy... it’s only easy when you roll over and play dead. And when was that ever employed in negotiation, rather than talked up for television sound bites?
Well one of the people tasked with the negotiation for a start! That sort of arrogance always plays well in negotiations.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:28 pm

elwaclaret wrote:Who said it was easy... it’s only easy when you roll over and play dead. And when was that ever employed in negotiation, rather than talked up for television sound bites?
So you think the UK negotiation team "rolled over and played dead?"

The red lines imposed by the Uk government hamstrung us in such a way that the deal would be crap.

At some stage, the UK is going to have to stop blaming the EU for everything, and start being honest with itself.

Today would be a bloody good day to start.

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:34 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:So you think the UK negotiation team "rolled over and played dead?"

The red lines imposed by the Uk government hamstrung us in such a way that the deal would be crap.

At some stage, the UK is going to have to stop blaming the EU for everything, and start being honest with itself.

Today would be a bloody good day to start.
I don’t think the EU are at all to blame. I think they’ve done exactly the right thing and played to our weaknesses to put us in our place, and achieve there ultimate objective.

No there should be no red lines, especially ones thrown out for public consumption... including no deal.

If it be your will
Been Liked: 500 times
Has Liked: 509 times

Post by If it be your will » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:05 pm

Last edited by If it be your will on Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: elwaclaret

If it be your will
Been Liked: 500 times
Has Liked: 509 times

Post by If it be your will » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:29 pm

Last edited by If it be your will on Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dsr
Been Liked: 4576 times
Has Liked: 2264 times

Post by dsr » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:39 pm

aggi wrote:I'm not particularly picking on yours, there are loads of them on both sides of the debate and they're all ****.

It doesn't matter how many caveats there are. It may be that you have double promised a dying child that you will buy it a shirt for its birthday, so leaving without a shirt will not happen. You still don't negotiate by going into the shop and tell the shopkeeper that no matter how much money he asks for, you will not leave without the shirt.

aggi

Post by aggi » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:46 pm

dsr wrote:It doesn't matter how many caveats there are. It may be that you have double promised a dying child that you will buy it a shirt for its birthday, so leaving without a shirt will not happen. You still don't negotiate by going into the shop and tell the shopkeeper that no matter how much money he asks for, you will not leave without the shirt.
But in this case the shopkeeper knows that you haven't made any plans to buy a shirt from anyone else.

It's not like buying a football shirt. We can't recruit thousands of extra personnel or tender for the necessary systems and infrastructure secretly. The EU have a very good idea of what we have and haven't done.

I get that people want to pretend it's simple but surely the last three years have at least shown that it isn't like nipping down the shops.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:16 pm

AndyClaret wrote:How many of the 48% voted remain because they believed the lies of the Remain campaign. Two can play this game Charlie.
Let's find out. Referendum: No Deal versus Remain.

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:17 pm

If it be your will wrote:Okay, the coalition government managed to bring in The Health and Social Care Act 2012 as an EU member. This is an astonishingly pro-market, pro-privatisation piece of legislation. So pro-market, indeed, that Virgin managed to successfully sue the NHS when a trust simply decided to keep its services in house. We're well on the path you describe above already, and the EU certainly isn't going to change the direction of travel.

We could repeal this act, and then we'd fall back on https://www.nhsconfed.org/regions-and-e ... rocurement" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Surely the left haven't become so defeatist that the choice on health is either the US pro-private model or the EU pro-outsourced one? We have to at least hope for better than either.
You can have a welfare state.

You can have uncontrolled mass immigration.

You cannot have both.

AndyClaret

Post by AndyClaret » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:55 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Yeah, don't say what makes the question I've posed totally ridiculous.
Yeah let's stay part of an organisation that wants to do certain things, and let's stop them from doing them. That's really going to end well in the long term.

HieronymousBoschHobs
Been Liked: 140 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by HieronymousBoschHobs » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:59 pm

HieronymousBoschHobs wrote:This is my worry: everyone backing the 2nd ref is remain, and they assume they will win. However, it will only happen IMO if no-deal is on the ballot (perhaps as a 'negotiate a deal and, if that fails, leave with no deal' option) because reluctant MPs will only back it if they can sell it to their constituents.

Soft Brexit would make everyone happy, which would mean it is the definition of a compromise. I think that ship has sailed though.

That should have read 'make everyone UNhappy' (because nobody gets exactly what they want)

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:05 am

AndyClaret wrote:Yeah let's stay part of an organisation that wants to do certain things, and let's stop them from doing them. That's really going to end well in the long term.
Chukka Ummuna, Anna Soubrey? (Remember them)

"Rather than walk away, we should remain in an body, that needs reforming , that we disagree with. We should remain and work from the inside to achieve better outcomes"

As they jump ship from the organisations they believe cannot change.

#should'vevotedLeave

aggi

Post by aggi » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:19 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:You can have a welfare state.

You cannot have both.
This may be true (I'm not sure either way) but what does it have to do with the NHS and the EU?

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:32 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:You can have a welfare state.

You cannot have both.
It’s a good job we don’t have the second then isn’t it.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:40 am

AndyClaret wrote:Yeah let's stay part of an organisation that wants to do certain things, and let's stop them from doing them. That's really going to end well in the long term.
You don't know its going to be everyone v the UK. And this is absolutely crucial, you don't know what the situation will be internationally in the future either.

The veto is there for exactly this reason, and to pretend that its not relevant because it completely invalidates your point is peak Brexit.

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:03 am

dsr wrote:It doesn't matter how many caveats there are. It may be that you have double promised a dying child that you will buy it a shirt for its birthday, so leaving without a shirt will not happen. You still don't negotiate by going into the shop and tell the shopkeeper that no matter how much money he asks for, you will not leave without the shirt.
Leaving without a deal, come what may, is exactly this. “We’re going to give you brexit, and it doesn’t matter how costly or damaging it might be...”

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:45 am

martin_p wrote:It’s a good job we don’t have the second then isn’t it.
I can see why you voted Remain now.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:45 am

aggi wrote:This may be true (I'm not sure either way) but what does it have to do with the NHS and the EU?

See above.

BleedingClaret
Been Liked: 988 times
Has Liked: 1660 times

Post by BleedingClaret » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:46 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:That last line is painfully naive.
It was a little tongue in cheek.
I thought Lancaster is gonna love that
The way it is at the moment is that the whole political scene is like being stuck in a fast food area of a service station during a national disaster and you know all the fare before you is rubbish but you gotta eat something.
This user liked this post: Lancasterclaret

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:50 am

BleedingClaret wrote:It was a little tongue in cheek.
I thought Lancaster is gonna love that
The way it is at the moment is that the whole political scene is like being stuck in a fast food area of a service station during a national disaster and you know all the fare before you is rubbish but you gotta eat something.
You got me there!

Your last line is spot on btw
This user liked this post: BleedingClaret

AndyClaret

Post by AndyClaret » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:12 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:You don't know its going to be everyone v the UK. And this is absolutely crucial, you don't know what the situation will be internationally in the future either.

The veto is there for exactly this reason, and to pretend that its not relevant because it completely invalidates your point is peak Brexit.
It's unsustainable in the long term, it would come to a head eventually, better to be out now.

Mala591
Been Liked: 685 times
Has Liked: 429 times

Post by Mala591 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:53 pm

If 'The Brexit Party' do evolve into a 'mainstream' centre-right political party (which seems highly likely at the moment) then what will their policies be?

By definition they will base their political future around being an independent country so initially their political priorities will focus on the following:

Independent international trade policy
Independent legal system
Independent immigration policy
Independent agricultural policy
Independent fisheries policy

To develop a comprehensive range of political policies will obviously take time and will need a lot of input from their new supporters.

Will they succeed or just disappear into oblivion once Brexit has been delivered (in whatever form that might be)?

aggi

Post by aggi » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:00 pm

Mala591 wrote:If 'The Brexit Party' do evolve into a 'mainstream' centre-right political party (which seems highly likely at the moment) then what will their policies be?
Why does this seem likely?

I'd say it's more likely that the conservatives would evolve into a mainstream centre-right political party and the Brexit party would be to the right of them.

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:28 pm

aggi wrote:Why does this seem likely?

I'd say it's more likely that the conservatives would evolve into a mainstream centre-right political party and the Brexit party would be to the right of them.
In my Canadian experience, if they end up keeping themselves and each other out of real power, they’ll merge

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:35 pm

Mala591 wrote:If 'The Brexit Party' do evolve into a 'mainstream' centre-right political party (which seems highly likely at the moment) then what will their policies be?

Centre-right:

Nigel 'we need to privatise the NHS' Farage centre-right.

Ann 'science might solve the gays' Widdecombe centre-right.

You're delusional.