Brexit: Uniting the Country Since 31/01/2020

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1160 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by AlargeClaret » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:13 pm

She was a Tommeh supporter half an hour ago?
Perhaps the baying left wing mob wouldn’t have been so keen on the surrounding screaming and assaulting of the lone American geezer if some loon bird was flying into them showing steel .

AndyClaret
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 543 times

Post by AndyClaret » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:15 pm

Stand down everyone. ...

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/ ... 82560?s=19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:25 pm

AndyClaret wrote:Stand down everyone. ...

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/ ... 82560?s=19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I guess someone told him, using small words, that it would be a disaster for the continuing Leave campaign for the president to continue to say the NHS will be on the table.

We'll see.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:28 pm

Thank god trump hasn't got previous for lying eh?
This user liked this post: longsidepies

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:29 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Thank god trump hasn't got previous for lying eh?

How dare you suggest that King Trump would ever be duplicitous.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:46 pm

I'm convinced that Andy just likes to argue, as no one is that dumb to believe a single word Trump says.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:50 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:I'm convinced that Andy just likes to argue, as no one is that dumb to believe a single word Trump says.
Sometimes he tells the truth, but it's usually an accident or mistake. Like when he admitted that Russia helped him get elected.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:58 pm

Another Brexiteer plan post Brexit being announced tomorrow.

Already being ripped apart as fanciful unicorn ******** by people who actually understand reality.

Sigh, I have no idea how this ends well if we continue to ignore the actual real issues.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:58 pm

The EU have been trying to put the NHS "on the table" for a while when it comes to trying to negotiate with the US.
I know, you dont really care about the NHS or you would of been angry about this. You just dont like trump, or Brexit.
https://amp.theguardian.com/business/20 ... ssion=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1654 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:59 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Think you've hit the nail on the head with the problem that most have with this.

NHS funding needs to go up anyway, and its not going to, even after Brexit and that is when the **** will really hit the fan.

QUICK EDIT - spare me the spin Conservative voters about its going up year on year alright?
Actually, the NHS will by 2023/24 have received the £350m per week that was on the bus. That is all above inflation (real terms) and while the case of need is massive anyway the bus was no doubt another reason the NHS got the cash. May needed to put that tired old argument behind them, so did. Hammond apparently insisted the bus didn’t get the credit, but who cares? Less people die. That’s what matters.

However, you are right.

Technically you are wrong about the funding level, but you are right about the spirit of the argument.

The funding may be above inflation, but it is below cost pressures - the day to day cost increases from new technology as well as wage inflation, the need for higher staff numbers due to the ageing population etc.

So, even though the government have put in over £350m per week, it isn’t enough, and we can’t afford to raise that cost pressure bill even more by capitulating on a trade deal, we have to hang tough. And don’t get me started on social care.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2013 times
Has Liked: 2913 times

Post by elwaclaret » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:02 pm

Trump is for Trump, Trumps image with his core support, his core support, monied America, middle America, America and a lot more before Britain even shows on the map... I don’t think anyone with any sense disputes that. His entire career has relied on him being a bully with his inheritance. He should still be treated with respect as US president. If we can boost his ego for our nations long term benefit, He can pop round ours for a brew if he’s got half an hour.

AndyClaret

Post by AndyClaret » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:07 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:I'm convinced that Andy just likes to argue, as no one is that dumb to believe a single word Trump says.
But you were all for believing Trump when he said it was on the table, so which is it ?

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:08 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:Actually, the NHS will by 2023/24 have received the £350m per week that was on the bus. That is all above inflation (real terms) and while the case of need is massive anyway the bus was no doubt another reason the NHS got the cash. May needed to put that tired old argument behind them, so did. Hammond apparently insisted the bus didn’t get the credit, but who cares? Less people die. That’s what matters.

However, you are right.

Technically you are wrong about the funding level, but you are right about the spirit of the argument.

The funding may be above inflation, but it is below cost pressures - the day to day cost increases from new technology as well as wage inflation, the need for higher staff numbers due to the ageing population etc.

So, even though the government have put in over £350m per week, it isn’t enough, and we can’t afford to raise that cost pressure bill even more by capitulating on a trade deal, we have to hang tough. And don’t get me started on social care.
The social care issue is something that we should all be worrying about, and I completely fail to see how the last three years have helped that in anyway or whatever follows this will help either

Damo

Post by Damo » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:11 pm

Another video of an old man being assaulted by anti trump people
https://twitter.com/PaulEmbery/status/1 ... 36517?s=09" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This user liked this post: AndyClaret

AndyClaret

Post by AndyClaret » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:20 pm

Damo wrote:Another video of an old man being assaulted by anti trump people
https://twitter.com/PaulEmbery/status/1 ... 36517?s=09" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes but, right wing fascists or something.
This user liked this post: Damo

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:23 pm

Damo wrote:Another video of an old man being assaulted by anti trump people
And yet you criticise me for not joining them. Make your mind up.

Damo

Post by Damo » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:29 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:And yet you criticise me for not joining them. Make your mind up.
You are right. I'm sorry about that.
I thought the anti trump lot were peaceful, and it was trump and the MAGA lot who were the evil people in this whole argument.
Please accept my apology on my poor judgement of this whole situation

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:31 pm

AndyClaret wrote:Yes but, right wing fascists or something.
Bantz

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:34 pm

Damo wrote:You are right. I'm sorry about that.
I thought the anti trump lot were peaceful, and it was trump and the MAGA lot who were the evil people in this whole argument.
Please accept my apology on my poor judgement of this whole situation
They are indeed almost entirely peaceful. I just found it odd that you would criticise me for not joining a group of people you think are all violent fascists based on a few videos of a few people among several thousands of people.

I'm kidding. I didn't find it odd at all. I know your game.

Damo

Post by Damo » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:38 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:They are indeed almost entirely peaceful. I just found it odd that you would criticise me for not joining a group of people you think are all violent fascists based on a few videos of a few people among several thousands of people.

I'm kidding. I didn't find it odd at all. I know your game.
You didnt have to join the violent facists. You could of gone with the peaceful rotten egg throwers, like you implied in the other thread.
Not sure why you think me suggesting you put action before expression of virtue, means you have to join the groups that beat up elderly people?

Damo

Post by Damo » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:40 pm

Anyway, back to Brexit. It looks like the party that formed to stop Brexit have already imploded. Seems strange given that so many people who voted for Brexit, have now changed their minds

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:42 pm

Damo wrote:You didnt have to join the violent facists. You could of gone with the peaceful rotten egg throwers, like you implied in the other thread.
Not sure why you think me suggesting you put action before expression of virtue, means you have to join the groups that beat up elderly people?

Because you like to imply that lefty protesters are all violent based on the actions of 2 or 3 people. The people assaulting that man are **** for what they did to him, but they're the exception, not the rule.

And for maybe the 4th or 5th time, i don't advocate throwing rotten eggs at people. But you carry on repeating something you know to be a lie. It shows everyone who you are.

Damo

Post by Damo » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:48 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Because you like to imply that lefty protesters are all violent based on the actions of 2 or 3 people. The people assaulting that man are **** for what they did to him, but they're the exception, not the rule.

And for maybe the 4th or 5th time, i don't advocate throwing rotten eggs at people. But you carry on repeating something you know to be a lie. It shows everyone who you are.
No, I didnt. I just said that anti trump protesters did it. I didnt say all of them.
Also, if you watch the video, its significantly more than 2 or three if you count the people who cheered them on.
If you add the remainers who celebrated the throwing of milkshake at elderly people, on football forums and social media, the number is probably in the hundreds of thousands

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:58 pm

Just seen the video

No excuses at all but why is he standing in the middle of the anti-racist/fascist protestors?

Be nice to see the start of the video as well
This user liked this post: Caballo

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:01 am

I've lost sympathy for the milkshake man from earlier.
Here he is assaulting a young woman.

https://youtu.be/LatpZwzzlvo?t=1253" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:04 am

That daft old bat on there is pure gammon

The UK yellow vest protestors are hilarious it has to be said.

Point and laugh, point and laugh

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:07 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:That daft old bat on there is pure gammon

The UK yellow vest protestors are hilarious it has to be said.

Point and laugh, point and laugh
You've gotta love that they call the video "LEFTY SWEDISH GIRL STALKS THE YELLOW VESTS" when they're the ones following her with a camera.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:09 am

I do like some of the placards today though

https://god.dailydot.com/anti-trump-pro ... YqOlFnRBeo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This user liked this post: longsidepies

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3965 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:09 am

Damo wrote:Anyway, back to Brexit. It looks like the party that formed to stop Brexit have already imploded. Seems strange given that so many people who voted for Brexit, have now changed their minds
If you're referring to Change UK, it should be obvious what's going on here.
They formed a new party because they can 't reconcile themselves with Tory or Labour policy and couldn't see any evidence of any building momentum for the Lib Dems.
However recent local and EU elections have demonstrated that the Lib Dems do now have a significant voice again and could hold the key to the next Gen Election.
It's now only a matter of time surely before the majority of Change MPs get behind a Lib Dem Party revitalised and energised by Jo Swinson.
If the Tories elect Johnson and Labour don't get their act together I can see the Lib Dems holding the balance power by the autumn.
Last edited by nil_desperandum on Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:11 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:I do like some of the placards today though

https://god.dailydot.com/anti-trump-pro ... YqOlFnRBeo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Some of them don't have heartbeats any more. But Trump voters don't care.

Damo

Post by Damo » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:11 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Just seen the video

No excuses at all but why is he standing in the middle of the anti-racist/fascist protestors?

Be nice to see the start of the video as well
No excuses at all?
Make your mind up pal haha

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:12 am

nil_desperandum wrote:If you're referring to Change UK, it should be obvious what's going on here.
They formed a new party because they can t reconcile themselves with Tory or Labour policy and couldn't see any evidence of any building momentum for the Lib Dems.
However recent local and EU elections have demonstrated that the Lib Dems do now have a significant voice and could hold the key to the next Gen Election.
It's now only a matter of time surely before the majority of Change MPs get behind a Lib Dem Party revitalised and energised by Jo Swinson.I
If the Tories elect Johnson and Labour don't get their act together I can see the Lib Dems holding the balance power by the autumn.
Labour have had it.

Whichever way they jump they lose support, so they might as well accept that and make a decision.

The longer they leave it, the more damage it will do and the danger is that voting for other parties becomes the norm rather than a one off protest vote.

Conservatives have the same problem, but the majority of their members and MPs are keen on the maddest Brexit possible, so that will turn off lots of voters as well.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:13 am

Damo wrote:No excuses at all?
Make your mind up pal haha
Just wondering why he's in the middle, and given the need these days for people to film absolutely everything, I do wonder (which doesn't excuse it btw) why he's there.

Compare that to the remain march where numerous Brexiteers kept wandering in and out shouting at people and got completely 100% ignored.

Damo

Post by Damo » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:18 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Just wondering why he's in the middle, and given the need these days for people to film absolutely everything, I do wonder (which doesn't excuse it btw) why he's there.

Compare that to the remain march where numerous Brexiteers kept wandering in and out shouting at people and got completely 100% ignored.
Maybe he assumed that he would be safe amongst the good guys
This user liked this post: AndyClaret

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:24 am

Damo wrote:Maybe he assumed that he would be safe amongst the good guys
Maybe among these people he was.

https://twitter.com/Terrence_STR/status ... 0930191360" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I mean. I wonder how many times his buddy had to get the camera out to film him before he got assaulted by some arseholes.
Not that his hoping to be assaulted for the benefit of idiots who would use it to smear all of the protesters and rile up his fellow fascists is any excuse for actually assaulting him. It's just odd that he would put himself in that situation and that by pure chance it happened to be being filmed by a buddy. Pure coincidence, no doubt.

And i'm not saying that this is exactly what happened either. I'm just wondering aloud. Sort of.

AndyClaret

Post by AndyClaret » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:27 am

nil_desperandum wrote:If you're referring to Change UK, it should be obvious what's going on here.
They formed a new party because they can 't reconcile themselves with Tory or Labour policy and couldn't see any evidence of any building momentum for the Lib Dems.
However recent local and EU elections have demonstrated that the Lib Dems do now have a significant voice again and could hold the key to the next Gen Election.
It's now only a matter of time surely before the majority of Change MPs get behind a Lib Dem Party revitalised and energised by Jo Swinson.
Why didn't they take there own advice and remain and reform ?

nil_desperandum

Post by nil_desperandum » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:40 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Labour have had it.

Whichever way they jump they lose support, so they might as well accept that and make a decision.

The longer they leave it, the more damage it will do and the danger is that voting for other parties becomes the norm rather than a one off protest vote.

Conservatives have the same problem, but the majority of their members and MPs are keen on the maddest Brexit possible, so that will turn off lots of voters as well.
Yep.
It was an unimaginable scenario 6 months ago, but Johnson could be the catalyst for a seismic shift in British politics..
Basically he gets elected leader and immediately the Tory /DUP majority is overturned as a dozen or so Tories resign the whip.
Emboldened by this a significant number of moderate Labour MPs also join the moderate centre alliance and suddenly this centre group not only outnumbers the ERG, it could also be the "kingmaker".
Neither of the main 2 parties would dare vote for a General Election, and meanwhile guess who still has no seats? (The party who are supposedly ahead in the polls).

nil_desperandum

Post by nil_desperandum » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:44 am

AndyClaret wrote:Why didn't they take there own advice and remain and reform ?
I've just explained why.
Lib Dem is a remain party and under its new leader they can help shape its future direction and policies.

AndyClaret

Post by AndyClaret » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:48 am

nil_desperandum wrote:I've just explained why.
Lib Dem is a remain party and under its new leader they can help shape its future direction and policies.
But only half of them, and the Lib Dems have issues on brexit.

nil_desperandum

Post by nil_desperandum » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:54 am

AndyClaret wrote:But only half of them, and the Lib Dems have issues on brexit.
Sorry I genuinely don't understand either of those claims.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:34 am

Damo wrote:Maybe he assumed that he would be safe amongst the good guys
Well, remain protestors are the good guys, as there was zero trouble at their marches, despite very obvious efforts by Brexiteers to get a rise from them.

Anti-fascist protestors tend to take a more robust view of people doing stuff like this.

(Which is self defeating to be honest, though I'd just let them and the equally annoying right wing equivalent just battle it out for a bit before the police intervene. Judging by most of the arguments I've seen on social media, once a couple of punches are thrown and people realise it actually hurts it does tend to stop quickly)

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:06 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:Just to be clear though, for the special needs users of the board, this doesn't mean i think he should be milkshaked for being a Trump supporter.

Using people with special needs to mock others well done. No wonder you come across as you do

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:18 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:Using people with special needs to mock others well done. No wonder you come across as you do
You do realise that Trump has openly made fun of people with disabilities and that they are sub human in his opinion.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1654 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:08 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:The social care issue is something that we should all be worrying about, and I completely fail to see how the last three years have helped that in anyway or whatever follows this will help either
It’s an illusion to link this wit Brexit. The problem is too vast.

The social care issue can be helped with funding but will only be solved when we have a complete cultural change and those of us who are middle aged are happy to care for our parents and to live close to them so as to support them as they get older.

We have changed into a society where we think primarily of our own lives and our freedom to relocate wherever we choose. Me too I am ashamed to write.

By 2050 there will be 1 person aged 65+ for every 2 people of working age. They will have growing numbers of long term conditions like dementia.

Migration cannot solve this problem. You would need 10 million social care staff. Unrealistic. Funding cannot solve this problem. Brexit is only a speed bump for this problem. Only families can solve the problem. We have to put ourselves in that position and think that when we are 85 years old what do we want our lives to be like. I suggest that most of us would want to spend it surrounded by our children and grandchildren, and cared for at home by people we know and trust.

The people who do it now are the heroes of our generation, I give them my upmost respect.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:16 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:It’s an illusion to link this wit Brexit. The problem is too vast.

The social care issue can be helped with funding but will only be solved when we have a complete cultural change and those of us who are middle aged are happy to care for our parents and to live close to them so as to support them as they get older.

We have changed into a society where we think primarily of our own lives and our freedom to relocate wherever we choose. Me too I am ashamed to write.

By 2050 there will be 1 person aged 65+ for every 2 people of working age. They will have growing numbers of long term conditions like dementia.

Migration cannot solve this problem. You would need 10 million social care staff. Unrealistic. Funding cannot solve this problem. Brexit is only a speed bump for this problem. Only families can solve the problem. We have to put ourselves in that position and think that when we are 85 years old what do we want our lives to be like. I suggest that most of us would want to spend it surrounded by our children and grandchildren, and cared for at home by people we know and trust.

The people who do it now are the heroes of our generation, I give them my upmost respect.
Very true

I think the rise in house prices is beginning to reflect that more people are living with their parents, even with kids (though of course it has to be a big house to start with, so that rules out 99% of people) and its probably a good thing but there is no doubt about it that there are a lot of people out there who regard everything as "someone else problem".

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:39 am

Change UK.

Anna Soubrey - we got 600,000 votes in the EU elections.
Course we have a mandate!!

And the 17.4 million Anna?

600,000 that's HALF the majority that Leave got over Remain in the 2016 Peoples Vote.

Mandate? You and the rest of the democracy denying hypocrits do not have one. You were elected on manifestos that you've turned your back on.

"We know so much more since the referendum. We need to see if they've changed their minds. We need to go back to the people and give them a Peoples Vote"

The Constituents - "We know so much more since the General Election. You need to see if We've changed our minds You need to go back to the people and give us a Peoples By election you duplicitous democracy denying clown.
This user liked this post: jrtod61

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:48 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:Change UK.

Anna Soubrey - we got 600,000 votes in the EU elections.
Course we have a mandate!!

And the 17.4 million Anna?

600,000 that's HALF the majority that Leave got over Remain in the 2016 Peoples Vote.

Mandate? You and the rest of the democracy denying hypocrits do not have one. You were elected on manifestos that you've turned your back on.

"We know so much more since the referendum. We need to see if they've changed their minds. We need to go back to the people and give them a Peoples Vote"

The Constituents - "We know so much more since the General Election. You need to see if We've changed our minds You need to go back to the people and give us a Peoples By election you duplicitous democracy denying clown.
Ringo, in your opinion, would private healthcare be a price worth paying for leaving the EU?

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2819 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:10 am

You all having a good Brexit?

If it be your will
Been Liked: 500 times
Has Liked: 509 times

Post by If it be your will » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:17 am

Last edited by If it be your will on Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This user liked this post: jrtod61

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:19 am

If it be your will wrote:If he had any sense he would say the two are completely unrelated, and that you might as well ask Would nuclear armageddon be a price worth paying to remain in the EU?
Christ, nuclear armageddon is a step beyond the Hitler comparisons!