Brexit: Uniting the Country Since 31/01/2020

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:29 pm

AndrewJB wrote:If we're leaving the EU, I'd like us to retain free movement.

You're not Mike Ashley are you?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:37 pm

LeuvenClaret wrote:Ringo what provision did the UK take to control free movement once it was agreed on the EU and not in the Uk?

Free movement in the EU has controls, but I didn’t see any in the UK.
Given that we're supposed to be leaving your question is too late and irrelevant.

Once we leave we could have a points based system and have a new fairer immigration system that doesn't discriminate by allowing low skilled , potentially surplus to requirements , from the EU simply cos they're from the EU. While stopping highly educated, highly skilled graduates from India, that could be net contributors to the economy,simply because they live outside the EU.

Simultaneously, in my opinion, ending free movement of people will make it harder for people trafficking, exploitation and modern day slavery.

What's not to like?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:40 pm

Cryssys wrote:So, because I oppose Brexit and want to remain in the EU I'm giving my approval to modern day slavery! Bit of a leap even for you.

Look on the brightside though, in your words not mine, if you want to end free movement you're also approving slavery.

Not your best effort.
Fair enough. Should've have read-

"Anybody who wants to deny democracy, stop Brexit and retain free movement of people and remain on the EU. Are giving there approval for modern day slavery to continue on industrial scale in the UK.

Shame on you Remoaners."

I stand by it.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5210 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:45 pm

I'm blaming Sid for this sudden batch of nonsense for quoting Liz's old post which unsurprisingly disturbed Ringo
Last edited by Devils_Advocate on Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SonofPog
Been Liked: 158 times
Has Liked: 82 times

Post by SonofPog » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:47 pm

Well we wont need to build a space agency from scratch when we leave the EU, we can just get on Ringo's high horse.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:48 pm

Elizabeth wrote:I know what you were asking the poster known as Ringo.
I don't know, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt and accept that you don't know about the remoaners 'get out of jail' card on here by using the Ringo is Elizabeth /Elizabeth is Ringo response when they are cornered and have no other response. We both do it regularly, corner the remoaners I mean.
Read this: Ringo will come on to respond to your question. You will then see certain remoaners coming with posts like 'creepy' etc.
[/b]
I hope you have read my posts tonight with your mind set on Elizabeth is a different person to Ringo. Believe me, in the long run, it will all make sense.
"You will see certain remoaners coming with posts like "creepy"

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:50 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:Creepy ! ;)

Ringo, your lame charade is getting worse. Although not even attempting to be subtle now, it is, however, pretty interesting in a very odd and irresistable way. I can't wait for the next instalment.

Ringo and Elizabeth sitting in a tree,
K - I - S -S - I - N - G,
First came Brexit then came marriage,
Who was best man ? Nigel Farage !

Drink responsibly.
As if by magic......

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:51 pm

Elizabeth wrote:Yawl come back now y'hear

Some questions have remained unanswered since the beginning of time so I'm sure we can wait for Ringo to get out of the Big Window.
Somebody couldn't resist!

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:52 pm

Ringo, your lame charade is getting worse. Although not even attempting to be subtle now, it is, however, pretty interesting in a very odd and irresistable way. I can't wait for the next instalment.

Drink responsibly.
Somebody couldn't resist......

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:54 pm

Like I said previously.

It's a limited pool of potentials that could be bothered or so stalker-like to adopt another log in. Think logically.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:57 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:Of course it's Ringo, don't be so daft. God knows why he carries on with it but there you go.
Love how he occasionally makes "Elizabeth" look a complete cretin.
Somebody's really keen on the idea that "Elizabeth" is me.
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:59 pm

Drink responsibly.
By the way.

My youngest actually said a version of this rhyme a couple of weeks ago when he was having his mate on.

He's 7............

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:09 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:I'm blaming Sid for this sudden batch of nonsense for quoting Liz's old post which unsurprisingly disturbed Ringo
Is he like the Beetle juice of UTC??

I definitely didn't say his name 3 times :shock:

aggi
Been Liked: 2123 times

Post by aggi » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:14 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:By the way.

My youngest actually said a version of this rhyme a couple of weeks ago when he was having his mate on.

He's 7............
Never mind Elizabeth being Ringo, Eddie being Ringo's son is the real twist here.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:14 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:I'm blaming Sid for this sudden batch of nonsense for quoting Liz's old post which unsurprisingly disturbed Ringo
Hadn't even noticed it. Funny how you did. I'll keep saying it. Increasingly limited pool. But, given enough time, they, (you?) , will inevitably hang themselves.

Noticeable how amongst the majority of posters , to be fair , the more intelligent ones, haven't fallen for the tribute act......

I've just read the most recent ramblings and think it's highly amusing that they should want to come on here and pretend to be me. At the very same time as "Elizabeth" was posting on here, I was enjoying the summer sun with my family at Heptonstall Annual Festival , then a bite to eat at the Old Gate in Hebden.

aggi

Post by aggi » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:15 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:The link was a fact based report on criminal behaviour of people trafficking and exploitation on an industrial scale. Why would you expect it to include an opinion when it's simply reporting the crime and the sentences that were given out for those crimes? You'd be wrong to expect an opinion.

I expressed the opinion that free movement of people makes it easier form vermin like this to operate.
Ah, fair enough. You repeatedly expressed it as a fact rather than something that you'd made up, that's what was throwing me.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:21 pm

aggi wrote:Ah, fair enough. You repeatedly expressed it as a fact rather than something that you'd made up, that's what was throwing me.
If I express my opinion and you want see it as a fact, that's entirely up to you.

I forgot we were in the Supreme Court and need to say, "in my opinion" at the start of every post I make, in order to avoid you being so easily befuddled. My apologies.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:22 pm

aggi wrote:Never mind Elizabeth being Ringo, Eddie being Ringo's son is the real twist here.
Like I say, an easily confused soul........

Walton
Been Liked: 792 times
Has Liked: 242 times

Post by Walton » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:22 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Hadn't even noticed it. Funny how you did. I'll keep saying it. Increasingly limited pool. But, given enough time, they, (you?) , will inevitably hang themselves.
Haven't been paying attention, but is there context to this 'hang themselves' line?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:56 pm

Walton wrote:Haven't been paying attention, but is there context to this 'hang themselves' line?
You say you haven't been paying attention. So it couldn't be more appropriate.

Give em enough rope and they'll hang themselves.

https://www.macmillandictionary.com/dic ... themselves" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Someone will continue to post as " Elizabeth" and theyll slip up , one too many times.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:01 pm

I predicted Jeremy Corbyn was in the Establishment hit list for his stance on Brexit, some time ago.

Lords resigning the whip on Tuesday. The Establishment mouthpiece the BBC, coming along with an ideally placed documentary on Wednesday night about accusations of anti semitism.

Blatant.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3767 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:09 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:You say you haven't been paying attention. So it couldn't be more appropriate.

Give em enough rope and they'll hang themselves.

https://www.macmillandictionary.com/dic ... themselves" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Someone will continue to post as " Elizabeth" and theyll slip up , one too many times.
You already have you dolt!

Foulthrow
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 1518 times

Post by Foulthrow » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:31 pm

Boris Johnson getting all the applause in the ITV debate that’s currently on. Hunt struggling

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3342 times
Has Liked: 1964 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:38 pm

I’m glad they’ve all just stopped pretending it’s whats good for the country and are admitting it’s what’s best for the tories.
These 3 users liked this post: CombatClaret longsidepies LeuvenClaret

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:07 pm

Sorry outsiders but we are still staying in the EU no matter how much you riggle.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1654 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:12 pm

aggi wrote:I think most would be a lot less naive than you in believing Boris' Tory Northern Powerhouse talk. He's not a man famed for keeping his promises.

On top of that, seat by seat analysis of seats that are both Labour & Leave suggest that a lot of the leave voters aren't currently labour voters and that the pro-leave votes they'd lose would be offset by remain votes gained in most cases so the seat impact would be minimal. I'm not 100% convinced by the analysis but it is certainly a possibility.
I note your prediction of no Northern Powerhouse, fair enough, I agree that is a risk, I simply feel (unnaively) that Boris is the only option for one but there is a chance he is lying. Hunt isn’t interested, Farage won’t get into power and Corbyn will run out of borrowed money.

I also see that the general view of this thread is that Labour voters don’t vote Leave (in sufficient numbers) even when in Leave seats. It may be true, but I am predicting it isn’t. I see many seats following Mansfield in turning blue. Personally I think the Tories in general don’t “get” the left behind regions yet, Boris is starting to both understand them and get their importance to him winning the next GE. I was with him and the Tory members in York last week and was very impressed with him, less so with the other members (I’ve joined for a year to make my own mind up about the party).

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:23 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:Boris is starting to both understand them and get their importance to him winning the next GE. I was with him and the Tory members in York last week and was very impressed with him, less so with the other members (I’ve joined for a year to make my own mind up about the party).
How do you think he'll square the circle that is Scotland where he is clearly disliked and how can he keep the Union together where all the polls indicate that if he becomes PM then the vast majority of Scots want independence?

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1259 times
Has Liked: 1368 times

Post by Elizabeth » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:04 pm

Ringo, I love the way you are turning this into a game of Cluedo. Where do you think Never Ready Eddie did the murder?
Tall Paul will have the evidence if you need it.

And you know we were together in the Big Window
so don't deny it.

LeuvenClaret
Been Liked: 18 times
Has Liked: 118 times

Post by LeuvenClaret » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:00 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:Given that we're supposed to be leaving your question is too late and irrelevant.

Once we leave we could have a points based system and have a new fairer immigration system that doesn't discriminate by allowing low skilled , potentially surplus to requirements , from the EU simply cos they're from the EU. While stopping highly educated, highly skilled graduates from India, that could be net contributors to the economy,simply because they live outside the EU.

Simultaneously, in my opinion, ending free movement of people will make it harder for people trafficking, exploitation and modern day slavery.

What's not to like?

So you don’t know the answer to the question and call it irrelevant. Great keep your head in the sand but one of the reasons people voted leave was the lack of understanding that the UK government did nothing and still does nothing to control EU people moving into the country. Makes easy Brexit arguments to point to the EU and say look what they have done.

In or out the border controls won’t change people smuggling. The boarder controls are as good as they have ever been, but free access to jobs, housing and benefits without checks is not free movement in EU terms, that’s a UK choice.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:15 am

Foulthrow wrote:Boris Johnson getting all the applause in the ITV debate that’s currently on. Hunt struggling
Hunt seemed to be fudging the Halloween deadline,now he may have a point about getting a suitable deal through parliament,but anymore delays won't go down well with Tory members,which this current election is about.

Boris was woolly on a lot of detail,which is worrying in any potential renegotiations,i do say potential renegotiations as the EU are firmly saying the WA isn't for changing,and that message has been soundly sent to the UK government for several months now.

Neither seemed clear what the alternative is if they can't get a new deal,no deal is never going to pass through parliament,Hunt did say he wouldn't suspend parliament to ensure a no deal,Boris on the other hand said nothing's off the table in that regard,i suspect that was just to appease the more brexitty Conservative members of which there are many.

I don't think either came across that well to the general public,the constant talking over each other,and interrupting the presenter reminded me of teenagers squabbling,not 2 supposedly statesmen,who want to represent the UK on the world stage.
These 2 users liked this post: Foulthrow LeuvenClaret

aggi

Post by aggi » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:39 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:I note your prediction of no Northern Powerhouse, fair enough, I agree that is a risk, I simply feel (unnaively) that Boris is the only option for one but there is a chance he is lying. Hunt isn’t interested, Farage won’t get into power and Corbyn will run out of borrowed money.

I also see that the general view of this thread is that Labour voters don’t vote Leave (in sufficient numbers) even when in Leave seats. It may be true, but I am predicting it isn’t. I see many seats following Mansfield in turning blue. Personally I think the Tories in general don’t “get” the left behind regions yet, Boris is starting to both understand them and get their importance to him winning the next GE. I was with him and the Tory members in York last week and was very impressed with him, less so with the other members (I’ve joined for a year to make my own mind up about the party).
There isn't really much in the Tory's or Johnson's history to suggest that they'll be investing huge amounts in disaffected areas of the north. Johnson has illustrated many times that he is happy to promise whatever it takes to progress with no consideration of how he will fulfil those promises. You reference Corbyn running out of money. Do you really think a No-Deal Brexit and tax cuts for the affluent is going to free up a load of money to invest in the north?

There's been a lot of research over the past few years suggesting that Labour would do better at the polls with a pro-Remain stance. (This for instance https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck ... ked-remain" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )
Obviously these are all forecasts so nothing is guaranteed but there isn't much to suggest the swing will be the other way.
This user liked this post: nil_desperandum

aggi

Post by aggi » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:42 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:If I express my opinion and you want see it as a fact, that's entirely up to you.

I forgot we were in the Supreme Court and need to say, "in my opinion" at the start of every post I make, in order to avoid you being so easily befuddled. My apologies.
No worries. I'll just take the position that everything you post, however expressed, is just something you made up.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:32 pm

LeuvenClaret wrote:So you don’t know the answer to the question and call it irrelevant. Great keep your head in the sand but one of the reasons people voted leave was the lack of understanding that the UK government did nothing and still does nothing to control EU people moving into the country. Makes easy Brexit arguments to point to the EU and say look what they have done.

In or out the border controls won’t change people smuggling. The boarder controls are as good as they have ever been, but free access to jobs, housing and benefits without checks is not free movement in EU terms, that’s a UK choice.
You don't think ending free movement of people will not make it more difficult to stop people trafficking, exploitation and modern day slavery.

Personally, I believe a blind man on a galloping horse could see it will.

More important for me are the EUs " 4 Freedoms "

Goods

Services

Capital

Labour.

The commoditification of human beings is abhorrent.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:33 pm

aggi wrote:No worries. I'll just take the position that everything you post, however expressed, is just something you made up.
Take what ever position you like.

LeuvenClaret

Post by LeuvenClaret » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:34 pm

They are no nice things, but free movement is not the cause. It fits your agenda to say so.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:42 pm

So Labour, who have slipped further and further down the opinion polls as their metropolitan bubble dwelling top brass have become more shameless about turning against the manifesto pledge on which all its MPs were elected- respect the result of the referendum. Are to become Remain.

They're going to ignore what the unions , who finance them, want. They're going to ignore what the majority of its Constituencies want.

It's going to pander to the demands of the dwellers of the metropolitan London Borough of Ivory Towers.

It's turned it's back on its former heartlands.

Labour - once the Working Class Party

Labour- now the Islington Dinner Party

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:43 pm

LeuvenClaret wrote:They are no nice things, but free movement is not the cause. It fits your agenda to say so.
And it fits your agenda to say the opposite.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:50 pm

martin_p wrote:You already have you dolt!
Care to point it out Marty?

Hope you're quicker than providing that evidence you claimed you had that ending free movement of people does not help to stop people trafficking, exploitation and modern day slavery! Still waiting on that one !

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:59 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:And it fits your agenda to say the opposite.

This is going to confuse you but we don't actually have an agenda to push. We're just basing our views and opinions on the facts as we see them. This isn't a team sport. We don't need to be wilfully dishonest so that our team wins. The sooner you realise that the better. Then you'll stop making agenda-fitting arguments that don't fit with reality. (but we both know you will continue)

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:03 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Labour- now the Islington Dinner Party
Did you say the same when they won by a huge majority in 1997?

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5560 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:08 pm

When did Ringo’s obsession with people trafficking start?

All of a sudden it seems to be his main (only?) argument for Brexit.

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3965 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:19 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:When did Ringo’s obsession with people trafficking start?

And a particularly irrelevant one too, since trafficking and slavery are currently illegal activities and will continue to be so when we leave.
It's how we choose to address the problem, and how much time and resources we put into fighting it that will reduce or eradicate it, not ending free movement, because they're here illegally, and the majority are - probably - from outside the EU in any case.
This user liked this post: LeuvenClaret

LeuvenClaret

Post by LeuvenClaret » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:07 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:And it fits your agenda to say the opposite.
Not really. you don’t say how freedom of movement helps people smuggling and how leaving will change this you just state your agenda.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:07 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:This is going to confuse you but we don't actually have an agenda to push. We're just basing our views and opinions on the facts as we see them. This isn't a team sport. We don't need to be wilfully dishonest so that our team wins. The sooner you realise that the better. Then you'll stop making agenda-fitting arguments that don't fit with reality. (but we both know you will continue)
Remainers- accept the referendum result. Democracy means sometimes you lose.

Remoaners- Democracy means asking again till you get the result you require.

Agenda - Democracy Denial.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:09 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Remainers- accept the referendum result. Democracy means sometimes you lose.
So why did Nigel Farage say he wasn't prepared to accept the result had we voted to remain?

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:09 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Remainers- accept the referendum result. Democracy means sometimes you lose.

Remoaners- Democracy means asking again till you get the result you require.

Agenda - Democracy Denial.
It's still pretty funny that you claim others haven't accepted the result when you haven't even accepted that the Leave campaign campaigned on there being a deal,

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:13 pm

Spijed wrote:Did you say the same when they won by a huge majority in 1997?
I voted Labour in 1997 in the general election. The result of that general election was implemented.

The Labour Party of 2019 believes it can return MPs to Westminster based on a manifesto pledge to respect the EU referendum then turn about face on that pledge. It no longer believes democracy should be implemented.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:16 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:When did Ringo’s obsession with people trafficking start?

All of a sudden?

October 2017 - I said that ending free movement of people will help stop people trafficking, exploitation and modern day slavery.

Marty said that was just an "opinion" where as he had evidence that it would not.

It's still my opinion and I'm still waiting for Martys evidence.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:24 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:And a particularly irrelevant one too, since trafficking and slavery are currently illegal activities and will continue to be so when we leave.
It's how we choose to address the problem, and how much time and resources we put into fighting it that will reduce or eradicate it, not ending free movement, because they're here illegally, and the majority are - probably - from outside the EU in any case.
Probably!? from outside the EU in any case!?

1 Do you have any figures?

2 Is illegal immigration, people trafficking, exploitation and modern day slavery acceptable if it's comes from outside the EU.?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b ... m-48881327" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's my opinion that these vermin would find it more difficult to get people into this country to exploit if free movement of people is ended.

The 4 freedoms- a polite way to describe the commoditification of human beings

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 656 times
Has Liked: 2899 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:27 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:All of a sudden?

October 2017 - I said that ending free movement of people will help stop people trafficking, exploitation and modern day slavery.

Marty said that was just an "opinion" where as he had evidence that it would not.

It's still my opinion and I'm still waiting for Martys evidence.
How can you produce evidence of a future event???