Brexit: Uniting the Country Since 31/01/2020

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:16 pm

Remoaners - " As soon as the referendum result was announced , the Leave lot scarpered "

July 2019 - They're running the Government now.
This user liked this post: AndyClaret

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:22 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:No upset on my part Andrew. The upset seems to be more on the Remoaners side!

I was just pointing out that that the vast majority of MPs voted to trigger Article 50 enshrining a "No deal" brexit into law.

Brexiteer - " 2/3rds of Constituencies voted to Leave. They should do what their Constituents tell them"

Remoaner - " they aren't delegates. They are representatives who act according to what they believe is best for their Constituents, using their judgement and Intellectual superiority"

Remoaner - " There was no mention of No Deal before the referendum. Where has it come from!!!!!?"

Brexiteer " 498 out of 650 MPs used their judgement and intellectual superiority to trigger Article 50".........
It really is a shame that people like you would happily leave the EU even if it damages our economy.

It's now come to the point of pure selfishness.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:32 pm

keith1879 wrote:Three years on and people still can't understand that in a negotiation both sides have aims, ambitions and may have to make concessions. We can set out red lines and that's all right ....but if the EU states what it expects in the future then they are being unreasonable. the awful thing is that our government aren't just ignorant pinheads on a forum ....they are deciding our future.
I understand the need for concessions etc, but crying that our government won't sign away the ability to make their own decisions on workers rights is just stupid.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:34 pm

Spijed wrote:It really is a shame that people like you would happily leave the EU even if it damages our economy.

It's now come to the point of pure selfishness.
It's really is a shame that people like you would be shamelessly prepared to tear up centuries of British democracy, that generations have given their lives to protect. Simply because of you evangelical belief that there is no life outside the failed experiment that is the EU.

It's no longer about Leave or Remain.

It's not about Left or Right anymore.

It's about right and wrong.

You either believe in democracy or you don’t.

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:50 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote::lol:

We. *******. Warned. You.

We warned you that there is no way that the EU would allow us to leave and then give us better trading terms than other EU members get. It makes no ******* sense. It was painfully ******* obvious to Remainers, but you idiots just denied it with this fantasy that the EU couldn't live without us ans so they will undercut their entire organisation by giving a leaving member a better trade deal than their own current members enjoy.

You were always living in a fantasy land, and now you're beginning to see that we were right the whole time.

And no, it's not blackmail. It's a negotiating position.
It's difficult to tell what you mean when you obviously have a fault on your keyboard. But if you're trying to say that the EU don't like us, won't trade with us, and are going to be nasty to us just for the sake of it, then I agree.

Where we differ is that you think that's a good reason to kowtow to them. I don't.

dsr

Post by dsr » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:56 pm

keith1879 wrote:Three years on and people still can't understand that in a negotiation both sides have aims, ambitions and may have to make concessions. We can set out red lines and that's all right ....but if the EU states what it expects in the future then they are being unreasonable. the awful thing is that our government aren't just ignorant pinheads on a forum ....they are deciding our future.
Well, the EU's opening bargaining position and the May deal are pretty much the same. So I'm not sure where the "both sides must make concessions" comes in.

And the EU isn't necessarily being unreasonable just on the principle of setting out its terms. When we see what the terms are, that's when they appear to be unreasonable. But I suppose from their point of view, they aren't unreasonable - the EU leaders are bosses of a 27-country political union, and if they for a moment hint that it could go back to a trading organisation without the union bit, that the peoples of Europe would vote for it. Which would be a bad thing, because to the EU bosses, it is far better that the EU bosses should keep all their power and privilege than that the 300m people in the EU should have their democratic say.

If the EU is such a good thing, why are they afraid that people would want to leave? If they offer free trade to the UK, we aren't getting a better deal than the EU countries - we're getting the same deal, but without the political guff that is the reason why we voted out.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:18 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:It's really is a shame that people like you would be shamelessly prepared to tear up centuries of British democracy, that generations have given their lives to protect. Simply because of you evangelical belief that there is no life outside the failed experiment that is the EU.

It's no longer about Leave or Remain.

It's not about Left or Right anymore.

It's about right and wrong.

You either believe in democracy or you don’t.
I believe in the democracy that we actually have, not the simplistic one you seem to think we have.

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:39 am

dsr wrote:Which would be a bad thing, because to the EU bosses, it is far better that the EU bosses should keep all their power and privilege than that the 300m people in the EU should have their democratic say.
You do know that the EU bosses are ultimately the democratically elected heads of the 28 countries?

As much as people like to pretend, it isn't some entity entirely divorced from the constituent countries.

dsr

Post by dsr » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:48 am

aggi wrote:You do know that the EU bosses are ultimately the democratically elected heads of the 28 countries?

As much as people like to pretend, it isn't some entity entirely divorced from the constituent countries.
You sure? Are you saying that Donald Tusk and Jean-Claude Juncker didn't actually have any power, or are saying that they did have power but they could be sacked at a moment's notice? I didn't think either was the case.

aggi

Post by aggi » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:01 am

dsr wrote:You sure? Are you saying that Donald Tusk and Jean-Claude Juncker didn't actually have any power, or are saying that they did have power but they could be sacked at a moment's notice? I didn't think either was the case.
I'm saying they were selected by the 28 heads of state. It strikes me as unlikely that they would keep choosing people who didn't go in the direction they wanted.

dsr

Post by dsr » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:07 am

aggi wrote:I'm saying they were selected by the 28 heads of state. It strikes me as unlikely that they would keep choosing people who didn't go in the direction they wanted.
So the 28 heads of state act the part of the electorate, not the bosses, then.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:09 am

martin_p wrote:I believe in the democracy that we actually have, not the simplistic one you seem to think we have.
You don't believe in democracy at all.

You do not believe that the 2016 Peoples Vote should be implemented.

It's as simple as that.

aggi

Post by aggi » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:24 am

dsr wrote:So the 28 heads of state act the part of the electorate, not the bosses, then.
You could say that (although 28 is obviously a very small electorate, probably small enough to make the analogy meaningless).

Do you really think the heads of state keep selecting people who then go out and do the opposite of what they promised (and the European parliament happily waves that through without censure and those heads of state don't block anything)?

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:49 am

Some people are just really dense. I don't know why i even bother trying to help them understand. We told them three years ago that the EU will have a far superior negotiating position than we do, and these dense ***** denied that to be true. Now that we're being proven right by the fact that the EU is pressing their massive advantage they're trying to re-frame a far superior negotiating position as "blackmail".

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:51 am

dsr wrote:It's difficult to tell what you mean when you obviously have a fault on your keyboard. But if you're trying to say that the EU don't like us, won't trade with us, and are going to be nasty to us just for the sake of it, then I agree.

Where we differ is that you think that's a good reason to kowtow to them. I don't.
No surprise that you find the dumbest possible interpretation of what i said.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:08 am

Weird how the EU are allowed to use their massive advantage in negotiations because they're the EU, yet if we have No Deal on the table, because it could give us an advantage in negotiations people whine about it.... :roll:

Some people are just dumb clearly.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:13 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Weird how the EU are allowed to use their massive advantage in negotiations because they're the EU, yet if we have No Deal on the table, because it could give us an advantage in negotiations people whine about it.... :roll:

It gives us an advantage in exactly the same way as I have the advantage in wage negotiations with my boss if I threaten to shoot myself in the head if I don’t get what I want.
Last edited by martin_p on Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
These 2 users liked this post: nil_desperandum Imploding Turtle

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:22 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:You don't believe in democracy at all.

You do not believe that the 2016 Peoples Vote should be implemented.

It's as simple as that.
I believe the democratic process should take its course and lead us wherever it leads us. Of course I believe that the best thing for the future of our country would be for that process to conclude that we’re better off staying in the EU, but we have to reach that conclusion by democratic means whether that be another referendum or a general election.

Nothing that has happened in the process so far is by any measure undemocratic. We had an advisory referendum and based on the result of that referendum parliament voted to trigger article 50 (not commit us to no deal as you seem to think). When the self imposed deadline was approaching and there was no agreement on a deal that self same parliament the decided to instruct the PM to seek an extension which was granted. As we approach October 31st it will be again down to parliament to decide on what direction we take.

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1344 times
Has Liked: 438 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:23 am

I'm sure the Brexiters on here won't mind the US weighing in on Brexit like this. After all, they've been perfectly fine with Trump sticking his oar in. I'm sure they'll welcome the advice offered by our special partners.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... cians-warn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:30 am

JohnMcGreal wrote:I'm sure the Brexiters on here won't mind the US weighing in on Brexit like this. After all, they've been perfectly fine with Trump sticking his oar in. I'm sure they'll welcome the advice offered by our special partners.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... cians-warn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Well that rules out a quick trade deal with the US if we leave with no deal then! Those pesky international treaties!

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:31 am

It's all going very well. Thank God for er, democracy.

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1823 times
Has Liked: 3948 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:18 am

JohnMcGreal wrote:I'm sure the Brexiters on here won't mind the US weighing in on Brexit like this. After all, they've been perfectly fine with Trump sticking his oar in. I'm sure they'll welcome the advice offered by our special partners.

This is pretty old "news" to be honest, but interesting that it's back in the news again now Johnson is in charge. I seem to recall posting about this on this thread about a million pages ago!
Edit:
Nancy Pelosi was very clear about this in talks held with May and Corbyn in April, but there were lots of references to this in the Irish times, the FT and several American papers going right back to last year.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/brexit/88 ... ker-warns/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:35 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:Remoaners - " As soon as the referendum result was announced , the Leave lot scarpered "

July 2019 - They're running the Government now.

Aye, the brave new world of the masses taking back control - with yet another Old Etonian at the helm.
You're not a gullible twerp at all, are you ?

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:06 am

martin_p wrote:Well that rules out a quick trade deal with the US if we leave with no deal then! Those pesky international treaties!
Not really, it's all down to the Irish backstop, as it clearly states in the article.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:06 am

martin_p wrote:It gives us an advantage in exactly the same way as I have the advantage in wage negotiations with my boss if I threaten to shoot myself in the head if I don’t get what I want.
So you're happy for the UK to tie a hand behind their back by removing the potential for no deal?

Impressive.

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 929 times

Post by CombatClaret » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:12 am

Well that rules out a quick trade deal with the US if we leave with no deal then! Those pesky international treaties!
GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Not really, it's all down to the Irish backstop, as it clearly states in the article.
The subheadline is
Johnson-Trump plan could fall foul of Congress if Good Friday agreement is threatened

The Good Friday agreement is an international treaty :roll: :roll:

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:26 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:So you're happy for the UK to tie a hand behind their back by removing the potential for no deal?

Impressive.
If we stopped using threats (albeit a threat that actually does more harm to us than the EU) as our only negotiating tactic and started acting like grown ups I think we'd have a lot better chance of striking a deal.

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:37 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:So you're happy for the UK to tie a hand behind their back by removing the potential for no deal?

Impressive.
The threat of no deal is not a negotiational advantage for us if the EU calls our bluff, as it’ll impact us harder, and they’ll have the greater resources to be able to cope.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1942 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:42 am

martin_p wrote:If we stopped using threats (albeit a threat that actually does more harm to us than the EU) as our only negotiating tactic and started acting like grown ups I think we'd have a lot better chance of striking a deal.
Sidney is infamous for his negotiating tactic of “give me what I want or I’ll soil myself”.

Mala591
Been Liked: 681 times
Has Liked: 428 times

Post by Mala591 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:45 am

The EU will never let a no-deal Brexit happen because it would result in a very hard border in Ireland overnight.

They will eventually offer a time limit on the backstop which will scrape through parliament.

aggi

Post by aggi » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:16 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Weird how the EU are allowed to use their massive advantage in negotiations because they're the EU, yet if we have No Deal on the table, because it could give us an advantage in negotiations people whine about it.... :roll:

Can you explain, in detail, how slightly damaging other countries' economies but absolutely screwing ours over would give us the advantage in negotiations?

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:51 pm

martin_p wrote:If we stopped using threats (albeit a threat that actually does more harm to us than the EU) as our only negotiating tactic and started acting like grown ups I think we'd have a lot better chance of striking a deal.
So you're fine with the EU telling us if we don't agree to their future workers rights then we can't have a deal?

One side can threaten, the other can't..

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:52 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:Sidney is infamous for his negotiating tactic of “give me what I want or I’ll soil myself”.
That's handy to know.

More like I'd rather the UK had all available options up to and including a no deal.

dsr

Post by dsr » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:53 pm

aggi wrote:Can you explain, in detail, how slightly damaging other countries' economies but absolutely screwing ours over would give us the advantage in negotiations?
That's not what we're saying. What we're saying is that negotiating from a position of "Give us what we want or there is no deal" is a stronger position than "give us what you want because we'll sign anything".

And the damage won't be that bad. The way people go on, you would think that leaving the EU would do almost as much damage as just voting to leave did - you know the 800,000 job losses and so on. Are the forecasts now as bad as the forecasts were then? (Double meaning intended.)

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:53 pm

It's now Remainers fault that the pound has dropped :lol:

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-st ... -1-6190663" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know that politicians have a long, long history of not accepting responsibility, but what's new is that this will likely make him more popular, not less.
Last edited by Imploding Turtle on Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:54 pm

aggi wrote:Can you explain, in detail, how slightly damaging other countries' economies but absolutely screwing ours over would give us the advantage in negotiations?
Just as soon as you can explain why we should allow the EU to threaten us with no deal if we don't accept decisions they make and want us to include in our laws etc even if we are out of the EU...

That's what is going on and you're all saying I'm the chimp for not seeing why we should bend over and get bummed by the EU.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:11 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Just as soon as you can explain why we should allow the EU to threaten us with no deal if we don't accept decisions they make and want us to include in our laws etc even if we are out of the EU...

That's what is going on and you're all saying I'm the chimp for not seeing why we should bend over and get bummed by the EU.

Why would the EU give us the same trading terms as its members, a free trade deal, while allowing us to also undercut their members by having more relaxed laws that affect the competitiveness of our country versus their member states? This is what we're trying to explain to you.

There is absolutely no ******* way the EU will ever give us a free trade deal that allows us to attract businesses away from the EU and into our country because we can provide, for example, cheaper labour because our laws are more favourable to them than the laws in the EU.

If we want a free trade deal with the EU then we're going to have to have the same relevant laws as the EU. There's no blackmail here. It's just ******* obvious. And anyone who thinks that the EU *should* give us more favourable free trade terms than their own member states is a ******* idiot.

dsr

Post by dsr » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:14 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:There is absolutely no way the EU will ever give us a free trade deal that allows us to attract businesses away from the EU and into our country because we can provide, for example, cheaper labour because our laws are more favourable to them than the laws in the EU.

If we want a free trade deal with the EU then we're going to have to have the same relevant laws as the EU. There's no blackmail here. It's just obvious. And anyone who thinks that the EU *should* give us more favourable free trade terms than their own member states is a idiot.
So are you saying that because the EU doesn't have a minimum wage, we will have to abolish ours as well?

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:15 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Just as soon as you can explain why we should allow the EU to threaten us with no deal if we don't accept decisions they make and want us to include in our laws etc even if we are out of the EU...

As soon as you point out where they've threatened that.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:25 pm

martin_p wrote:I believe the democratic process should take its course and lead us wherever it leads us. Of course I believe that the best thing for the future of our country would be for that process to conclude that we’re better off staying in the EU, but we have to reach that conclusion by democratic means whether that be another referendum or a general election.

Nothing that has happened in the process so far is by any measure undemocratic. We had an advisory referendum and based on the result of that referendum parliament voted to trigger article 50 (not commit us to no deal as you seem to think). When the self imposed deadline was approaching and there was no agreement on a deal that self same parliament the decided to instruct the PM to seek an extension which was granted. As we approach October 31st it will be again down to parliament to decide on what direction we take.
You're putting words into my mouth Marty. Where have I said 498 MPs committed us to no deal. I pointed out that 498 MPs voted to trigger Article 50 , in March 2017, which meant that the UK would leave the EU on March 29th 2019. WITH OR WITHOUT A WITHDRAWAL AGREEMENT (No deal)

It was in response to half a dozen whining remoaners claiming No Deal had come from now where and implying it had been conjured up by Boris/ Mogg and the ERG, out of thin air.

The 1975 referendum was not legally binding - it was implemented

The 2016 referendum was not legally binding- it has to be implemented.

Regardless of what ceaseless Remoaner sore losers believe.
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:26 pm

dsr wrote:So are you saying that because the EU doesn't have a minimum wage, we will have to abolish ours as well?
Do you reach for stupid, or does it just fall on you all the time? That is obviously not what i'm saying, so why are you even asking that dumb question?

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:28 pm

martin_p wrote:As soon as you point out where they've threatened that.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 25596.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knock yourself out.

Specifically the part where we'd have to agree to non regression rules etc if we want a deal.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:30 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Do you reach for stupid, or does it just fall on you all the time? That is obviously not what i'm saying, so why are you even asking that dumb question?
Well if we are required to have the same relevant laws and if we get no say on new ones it could well happen.

That's the point he was making, not really a dumb question.

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1344 times
Has Liked: 438 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:31 pm

:lol:

We've come a long, long way since the days of 'they need us more than we need them' and 'they'll be bending over backwards to do a deal with us because of Audi and prosecco.

Now it's all 'oh, the EU are being big mean bullies and are trying to bum us, why can't you see what's going on?'

Absolutely tragic.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:31 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:Aye, the brave new world of the masses taking back control - with yet another Old Etonian at the helm.
You're not a gullible twerp at all, are you ?
Going route 1 with the personal stuff! :lol:

And twerp? Could well be Edward. But a twerp who was on the winning side of the 2016 Peoples Vote, and a twerp that understands how democracy works! :lol:

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:32 pm

JohnMcGreal wrote::lol:

We've come a long, long way since the days of 'they need us more than we need them' and 'they'll be bending over backwards to do a deal with us because of Audi and prosecco.

Now it's all 'oh, the EU are being big mean bullies and are trying to bum us, why can't you see what's going on?'

Absolutely tragic.
I definitely didn't say they were bullies, but I'm not part of the group who want us to accept all the EU terms including by giving away some of our rights even after we've left.

Nothing tragic from me.
Last edited by GodIsADeeJay81 on Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:32 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 25596.html

Knock yourself out.

Specifically the part where we'd have to agree to non regression rules etc if we want a deal.
The only one that appears to be threatening no deal in that article is Boris Johnson.

dsr

Post by dsr » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:33 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Do you reach for stupid, or does it just fall on you all the time? That is obviously not what i'm saying, so why are you even asking that dumb question?
No asterisks this time. Well done.

Obviously it's clear to you what you meant. But only to you. The rest of us can't begin to fathom what is happening in that mind of yours, or what you mean when you say the apparent obvious.

I thought that when you talked about laws that enable us to provide cheaper labour and how we must have the same relevant laws as the EU, that you were talking the price of labour and laws relevant to the price of labour. Can't you even see how that misunderstanding could happen?

Now, obviously by laws relevant to the price of labour you were not talking about the minimum wage, as you so aggressively pointed out. Please could you,. politely and preferably without swearing, explain to everybody who is stupider than you (that would be all of us) what on earth you were on about?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:38 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Well if we are required to have the same relevant laws and if we get no say on new ones it could well happen.

That's the point he was making, not really a dumb question.

The absence of a law is not a law. Yes, his question was dumb, because it implies that the absence of a law IS a law, which is ******* moronic. Deliberately moronic, in my opinion, because that's what dsr resorts to when he sees that the conversation isn't going his way. He tries to muddy the waters with stupidity.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:42 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:The absence of a law is not a law. Yes, his question was dumb, because it implies that the absence of a law IS a law, which is ******* moronic. Deliberately moronic, in my opinion, because that's what dsr resorts to when he sees that the conversation isn't going his way. He tries to muddy the waters with stupidity.
Whereas you get all shouty and sweaty