Brexit: Uniting the Country Since 31/01/2020

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by dsr » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:59 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Doesn't matter to Dsr.

He's never lied on here either according to his interesting interpretation of what it is, even though he has repeatedly.
I'm so glad I'm not you. I mean, being the man who knows everything would be good. Being the man who thinks he knows everything, less good. Being the man who despises those who he thinks are below him, the man who sneers, the man who is unpleasant, the man who holds contempt in his heart and is proud of it, the man who belittles those who he thinks are stupid - I wouldn't want to be that man.

I know you took a sabbatical from the site recently. Was it because you took a look at the person you have become, and didn't like it? If not, have you actually taken a look at yourself?
This user liked this post: AndyClaret

dsr

Post by dsr » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:04 am

Spiral wrote:You've got a laughably astigmatic understanding of your average low-information brexit voter if you believe such a distinction will withold them from voting for the Brexit party in a November election. Johnson has invested so much energy into the October 31st message that any delay will constitute a betrayal of that promise without regard for asterisk or annotation. Gammon doesn't think rationally. Gammon is a base, impulsive, reflexive creature.
I think you have missed the point. My point was that the question "what will your opinion on Brexit be if Boris Johnson decides not to take us out" would be a very different question from "what will your opinion on Brexit be if Boris Johnson is prevented by Parliament from taking us out", and wondering how the simplistic opinion poll solved that quandary. This could be validly answered by explaining how the dilemma was solved, or explaining why it didn't matter, or accepting that it wasn't solved.

It isn't validly answered by saying that some Brexit voters are stupid and won't care about the difference, because even if that is true, the poll wasn't restricted to stupid Brexit voters - it was supposed to be asking the question of the electorate as a whole.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:07 am

dsr wrote:I think you have missed the point. My point was that the question "what will your opinion on Brexit be if Boris Johnson decides not to take us out" would be a very different question from "what will your opinion on Brexit be if Boris Johnson is prevented by Parliament from taking us out", and wondering how the simplistic opinion poll solved that quandary. This could be validly answered by explaining how the dilemma was solved, or explaining why it didn't matter, or accepting that it wasn't solved.

It isn't validly answered by saying that some Brexit voters are stupid and won't care about the difference, because even if that is true, the poll wasn't restricted to stupid Brexit voters - it was supposed to be asking the question of the electorate as a whole.
But the question they asked is on the graphic.

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:16 am

dsr wrote:I'm so glad I'm not you. I mean, being the man who knows everything would be good. Being the man who thinks he knows everything, less good. Being the man who despises those who he thinks are below him, the man who sneers, the man who is unpleasant, the man who holds contempt in his heart and is proud of it, the man who belittles those who he thinks are stupid - I wouldn't want to be that man.

I know you took a sabbatical from the site recently. Was it because you took a look at the person you have become, and didn't like it? If not, have you actually taken a look at yourself?

Lancasterclaret wrote:I must admit, I do have the unfortunate habit of being right, most of the time
This is what you are up against.

Be aware.

dsr

Post by dsr » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:21 am

martin_p wrote:But the question they asked is on the graphic.
OK, I was too subtle. Let me rephrase it.

That poll is worthless because it doesn't distinguish between people voting intentions if Brexit is delayed because Johnson chose to delay it, or because Brexit is delayed because Johnson was thrown out but another PM chose to delay it. If you don't know which of those scenarios the people believed they were answering, then the poll is worthless.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:25 am

CombatClaret wrote:Hey! If you delete your WINDOWS file, your PC will turn into a Ferrari!
delete.png
Sometimes it's best to double check, especially when you've been told complete b0ll0cks.

Sometimes it's actually best not to post.

Genuinely.
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:28 am

dsr wrote:OK, I was too subtle. Let me rephrase it.

That poll is worthless because it doesn't distinguish between people voting intentions if Brexit is delayed because Johnson chose to delay it, or because Brexit is delayed because Johnson was thrown out but another PM chose to delay it. If you don't know which of those scenarios the people believed they were answering, then the poll is worthless.
So you can’t determine what people’s views are on a more detailed issue when the poll question has been over simplified. I have to say that comes as a major revelation from you given your views on what mandate you think the referendum vote gives the government.
These 4 users liked this post: Swizzlestick Greenmile AndrewJB tiger76

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:34 am

Europhile zealots.

Democracy deniers.

Spiral
Been Liked: 2518 times
Has Liked: 333 times

Post by Spiral » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:38 am

dsr wrote:I think you have missed the point. My point was that the question "what will your opinion on Brexit be if Boris Johnson decides not to take us out" would be a very different question from "what will your opinion on Brexit be if Boris Johnson is prevented by Parliament from taking us out", and wondering how the simplistic opinion poll solved that quandary. This could be validly answered by explaining how the dilemma was solved, or explaining why it didn't matter, or accepting that it wasn't solved.

Fine. Sure. Then the poll illustrates that when taking the electorate as a whole, a delay beyond Oct 31st is terminal for the Tories.

Here's a more detailed breakdown on the polling.

http://britainelects.com/2019/09/07/pol ... t-delayed/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dsr

Post by dsr » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:43 am

Spiral wrote:Fine. Sure. Then the poll illustrates that when taking the electorate as a whole, a delay beyond Oct 31st is terminal for the Tories.

Here's a more detailed breakdown on the polling.

http://britainelects.com/2019/09/07/pol ... t-delayed/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Only if you accept that it makes no difference why Brexit was hypothetically delayed. If you believe that the question is flawed, then the poll illustrates nothing.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:43 am

The liberal "Democrats"

Have more MPs that were elected as representing parties , other than the Liberal "Democrats"

You could not make it up.

dsr

Post by dsr » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:44 am

martin_p wrote:So you can’t determine what people’s views are on a more detailed issue when the poll question has been over simplified. I have to say that comes as a major revelation from you given your views on what mandate you think the referendum vote gives the government.
I believe that the referendum mandate was for Britain to leave the EU, the strong implication being that it would be under the terms of Article 50 even though that wasn't specified on the ballot paper. Neither leavers nor remainers were able to give any more detailed instructions such as the terms of the trade deals or whether or not future new memberships of the EU should be allowed.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:46 am

And yet, and yet.

For all the huffing n puffing by the rabble alliance. The tantrums from the anti democracy alliance.

Boris is well ahead in the polls.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:48 am

Arch-Remainer Amber Rudd resigning (in an act of cunning timing ahead of the Sunday papers, in which she has a double spread) is more of a clue Boris is on the right track.

She’s the daughter of the stockbroker whose brother chairs the People’s Vote campaign. Like his brother, the one who pushed for a second referendum and resigned from May’s Cabinet, she has resigned at a critical moment for his fortunes. Hmmmm........

Have any of the near 30 resignations or sackings been Brexiteers?

I am getting closer and closer to the view that they know Boris is going to refuse to extend A50 and just leave (citing the legal opinion that due to prerogative powers the latest Hilary Benn Act can be vetoed by the government), dealing with the fallout later. I tend to feel that is legally OK, though I am not an expert, the Benn bill seemed a desperate last bid that was doomed to failure.

It’s a risk for Boris but it looks like he has been pushed into a corner and has little choice.

It is a shame it has come to this, a compromise is far better, but it seems like the inevitably brutal retribution to those blocking Brexit has begun. It will spread, sadly, and if Brexit gets abandoned it will spread further and deeper. I have long since doubted the sanity of those adding FBPE to their Twitter handle, for all to see.

Why oh why did the Remain MPs not vote for May’s deal? History will judge that as the miscalculation of the century.

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2887 times
Has Liked: 1760 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:48 am

both remainers and leavers were, and still are numb headed no nothings, who desperately bite onto anything the political media tell them too,
Nothing I have seen on here tells me anything different. All wise after the event. Not in the slightest bit impressive.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:54 am

dsr wrote:I'm so glad I'm not you. I mean, being the man who knows everything would be good. Being the man who thinks he knows everything, less good. Being the man who despises those who he thinks are below him, the man who sneers, the man who is unpleasant, the man who holds contempt in his heart and is proud of it, the man who belittles those who he thinks are stupid - I wouldn't want to be that man.

Nope, just needed a break from all the lies on here.

I don't like liars.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1985 times
Has Liked: 2875 times

Post by elwaclaret » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:57 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:What does your last line even mean?

You know as well as I do that parliament has acted to stop a "No Deal".

You are so Brexity yet you think you aren't. Its well weird.
No what is well weird is your way of reading everything to fit your attitude.

If Boris has no deal to put before parliament then I do not support him... to exit with No deal.
If he offers a deal and parliament reject it again in order to trigger their referendum filled agendas, then they ask for him to behave in the same manner towards them.

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:59 am

dsr wrote:I believe that the referendum mandate was for Britain to leave the EU, the strong implication being that it would be under the terms of Article 50 even though that wasn't specified on the ballot paper. Neither leavers nor remainers were able to give any more detailed instructions such as the terms of the trade deals or whether or not future new memberships of the EU should be allowed.
Here's Google analytical data on the search term 'article 50".

https://trends.google.com/trends/explor ... ticle%2050" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The term doesn't even register until the week of the vote, ending June 25th: two days after the vote, and about the time 'article 50' entered the media lexicon while the gravity of the situation was settling in. There was no 'implication' of how anything could or would be achieved, and there's an endless supply of data and information ready and available to dispute whatever revisionist history takes your fancy, so good luck passing that off as a matter of fact. For your own benefit, don't stoop to post-hoc revisionism.
Last edited by Spiral on Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1503 times
Has Liked: 578 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:01 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:Sometimes it's actually best not to post.

Genuinely.
Take your own advice.

dsr

Post by dsr » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:07 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Nope, just needed a break from all the lies on here.

I don't like liars.
Bearing in mind that you consider statements such as "Labour voted down May's Brexit deal" to be a lie, then it's no wonder you feel you're surrounded by liars. To have such a blinkered attitude coupled with your level of intolerance is not a recipe for happiness. Take another break, it'll cheer you up.

atlantalad
Been Liked: 131 times
Has Liked: 114 times

Post by atlantalad » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:10 am

AndrewJB wrote:I think you’re being very selective here. Law or democracy? Well so far the law has supported Johnson in his undemocratic shutting down of parliament. So far Johnson has indicated that he won’t accept parliament’s express order to request an extension to A50, and parliament is closer to being the centre of democracy than the PM.

If you feel disenchanted that we have not yet left the EU, then the blame lies with the government, not parliament (which the government has tried to exclude from the process at every turn).
That's not quite true. The 'government' presented a WA 3 times and on each occasion it was voted down by Parliament. So I blame Parliament. My guess is that the presented WA was voted down because it was not to the oppositions "liking" and each opposition party had their own view of what a Brexit should be - except remainers who just won't accept any deal.

It's now apparent to every man and his dog that the Libs/Lab/Greens/SNP /PlCy never really wanted a deal because they want to remain and have just played lip service to the whole process for the past 3 years. Even T Mays' half baked WA was simply a folly to stall Brexit - she knew even her own party would reject that pathetic arrangement, never mind the opposition MP's. More worryingly, I believe the MP's think the longer this stalemate goes on then Joe/ Jill public will just give up -"Brexit is not possible - give up/ rethink / have another referendum and change your mind. Ain't that the kind of tactic that the EU usually employ - put it to another vote until you get the "right" result?
It's my feeling that the longer this process goes on the more entrenched, and polar, Joe/Jills' views become.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:21 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:And yet, and yet.

For all the huffing n puffing by the rabble alliance. The tantrums from the anti democracy alliance.

Boris is well ahead in the polls.
Teresa May was 17 points clear.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:46 am

This thing is getting worse, and it will only start to get better when people start to recognise reality.

You can plan and deal with reality, you can nothing if you pretend it isn't

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:56 am

Wile E Coyote wrote:both remainers and leavers were, and still are numb headed no nothings, who desperately bite onto anything the political media tell them too,
Nothing I have seen on here tells me anything different. All wise after the event. Not in the slightest bit impressive.
Why do you compose all of your posts in the style of the world's most insufferably precocious angst-ridden teenager role-playing at the world's most insufferable food critic? Putting the $hit grammar aside, if you're going to have a pop at folk for being dumb as f.uck, it's in your interest not to misspell a sodding two letter word.
This user liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4241 times

Post by Greenmile » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:00 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4241 times

Post by Greenmile » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:04 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:...It is a shame it has come to this, a compromise is far better, but it seems like the inevitably brutal retribution to those blocking Brexit has begun. It will spread, sadly, and if Brexit gets abandoned it will spread further and deeper. I have long since doubted the sanity of those adding FBPE to their Twitter handle, for all to see...
Classy as ever.

We’ve gone from implied threats of civil disobedience to implied threats of some kind of Pol Pot style purge of remainers.

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:18 am

I think you need to allow CrosspoolClarets his fan-fiction - his flights of fancy - much in the same way one would indulge a kooked-up old crank in a nursing home who's forgotten he's a widower. He's beyond reconciliation, obviously.
These 3 users liked this post: Bordeauxclaret Greenmile Lord Beamish

claret_in_exile
Been Liked: 77 times
Has Liked: 326 times

Post by claret_in_exile » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:25 am

Looks like we have three wildly diverging usages of FBPE:

"Follow Back, Pro EU"
"Full Brexit, Prompt Exit"
"Florida Board of Professional Engineers"

I presume we're not talking about rounding up geeks in Tampa?

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:37 am

claret_in_exile wrote:Looks like we have three wildly diverging usages of FBPE:

"Follow Back, Pro EU"
"Full Brexit, Prompt Exit"
"Florida Board of Professional Engineers"

I presume we're not talking about rounding up geeks in Tampa?
It's a dreadful thing to distil an ideology to a twitter handle, and before you posted that I can honestly say, on my own grave, that I had no idea what 'FBPE' specifically stood for (beyond vaguely pro-EU sentiment I'd passively noticed on twitter), but still...to insinuate a reckoning, a reckoning? That is...well...actually...I stand by my prior words: political fan-fiction from an utter kook, actually.
This user liked this post: claret_in_exile

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 929 times

Post by CombatClaret » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:10 am

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 95161.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Another hostile leave event. Seen more violent videos out there fighting with police along with happy chants like "We've got a lamppost just for you"

AndyClaret
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 543 times

Post by AndyClaret » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:26 am

Spijed wrote:Teresa May was 17 points clear.
Boris isn't Theresa May, he won Labour London twice.

AndyClaret
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 543 times

Post by AndyClaret » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:38 am

The EU blink......

https://twitter.com/pmdfoster/status/11 ... 6130616321" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:03 am

dsr wrote:I believe that the referendum mandate was for Britain to leave the EU, the strong implication being that it would be under the terms of Article 50 even though that wasn't specified on the ballot paper. Neither leavers nor remainers were able to give any more detailed instructions such as the terms of the trade deals or whether or not future new memberships of the EU should be allowed.
I love how Brexit logic works in a different way from normal everyday logic.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:04 am

dsr wrote:Bearing in mind that you consider statements such as "Labour voted down May's Brexit deal" to be a lie, then it's no wonder you feel you're surrounded by liars. To have such a blinkered attitude coupled with your level of intolerance is not a recipe for happiness. Take another break, it'll cheer you up.
You’re even lying about your own statement.
These 4 users liked this post: Bordeauxclaret Claret-On-A-T-Rex Greenmile Lord Beamish

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:11 am

CombatClaret wrote:https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 95161.html

Another hostile leave event. Seen more violent videos out there fighting with police along with happy chants like "We've got a lamppost just for you"
Lovely Saturday afternoon protesting singing about hanging people from lampposts. They will be the same ones who still chant about winning world war 2 and defeating fascism. The irony will be lost on them I imagine.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:44 am

AndyClaret wrote:Boris isn't Theresa May, he won Labour London twice.
He got more of the wealthy people in places like Surrey to vote for him.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:44 am

dsr wrote:Bearing in mind that you consider statements such as "Labour voted down May's Brexit deal" to be a lie, then it's no wonder you feel you're surrounded by liars. To have such a blinkered attitude coupled with your level of intolerance is not a recipe for happiness. Take another break, it'll cheer you up.
Funny isn't it. Previously, Remoaners, when it suited them, claimed, "a tiny tiny group of far right extremist brexiteers, the ERG, are driving their agenda on the entire conservative party, the government and the whole brexit debate. There's only a handful of them yet they are not allowing Teresa may to come up with anything else other than their narrow version of brexit"

Then all of a sudden, when trying to claim it wasn't votes of the remoaners and Labour that voted against May's new EU treaty, AKA Her Deal. The ERG manages to some how gain hundreds of new members that made the difference!!!

;)

Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 826 times

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:46 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:This thing is getting worse, and it will only start to get better when people start to recognise reality.

You can plan and deal with reality, you can nothing if you pretend it isn't
But you can see the leavers on here aren't interested in reality, Parliament isn't supposed to go along with things willingly, to be complicit in allowing itself to be sidelined, especially when the reason is a lie and the business at hand is of international importance. The government isn't working behind the scenes to get a deal, that's a lie.

To be a member of the public and be still buying into the ridiculousness when this tory government is so transparent is another matter, laughable.

Why would you allow yourselves to be fooled so easily and for such a long period of time?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:47 am

martin_p wrote:I love how Brexit logic works in a different way from normal everyday logic.

I love the take that remoaners have on how democracy works too!

We have the largest expression of democracy this nation has ever witnessed, and try to stop it being implemented!

Hilarious!

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:48 am

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:But you can see the leavers on here aren't interested in reality, Parliament isn't supposed to go along with things willingly, to be complicit in allowing itself to be sidelined, especially when the reason is a lie and the business at hand is of international importance. The government isn't working behind the scenes to get a deal, that's a lie.

To be a member of the public and be still buying into the ridiculousness when this tory government is so transparent is another matter, laughable.

Why would you allow yourselves to be fooled so easily and for such a long period of time?

Where as remoaners dont have a lot of time for democracy.
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:49 am

atlantalad wrote:That's not quite true. The 'government' presented a WA 3 times and on each occasion it was voted down by Parliament. So I blame Parliament. My guess is that the presented WA was voted down because it was not to the oppositions "liking" and each opposition party had their own view of what a Brexit should be - except remainers who just won't accept any deal.

It's now apparent to every man and his dog that the Libs/Lab/Greens/SNP /PlCy never really wanted a deal because they want to remain and have just played lip service to the whole process for the past 3 years. Even T Mays' half baked WA was simply a folly to stall Brexit - she knew even her own party would reject that pathetic arrangement, never mind the opposition MP's. More worryingly, I believe the MP's think the longer this stalemate goes on then Joe/ Jill public will just give up -"Brexit is not possible - give up/ rethink / have another referendum and change your mind. Ain't that the kind of tactic that the EU usually employ - put it to another vote until you get the "right" result?
It's my feeling that the longer this process goes on the more entrenched, and polar, Joe/Jills' views become.
If you’re saying May’s deal was a half baked folly, how can you blame parliament for not voting for it? Labour would say May’s deal didn’t meet the standards they wanted. They desired a softer Brexit to protect jobs around the country and peace in Northern Ireland. That’s just as valid as those Tories who rejected it because it wasn’t hard enough.

And another thing to bear in mind is the promises made by leavers during the referendum we’re all ********. We now know that everything said about how easy it would be, what a great deal we’d get, how the EU would give us all the benefits without any responsibilities has not happened. Even though many of the people making those claims have been in government these last three years. Now the whole cabinet is made up of people who made these claims, and we also know they have t put much (if any) effort into getting even May’s poor deal over the line. They don’t want a deal, so I’m pleased that we have the checks and balances in place to stop this hijacking of the referendum result, by a group acting against the spirit if not the rules of democracy. The opposition are the heroes in this.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:52 am

May's Deal ( new EU Treaty)

Brexiteers MPs voted against it cos it wasn't Leave

Remoaner MPs voted against it cos it still wasn't Remain enough!.....

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:55 am

atlantalad wrote:I blame Parliament.
Boom! You got 'em, Detective. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:57 am

AndrewJB wrote:If you’re saying May’s deal was a half baked folly, how can you blame parliament for not voting for it?
He's saying it was a remainer plot :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is this another Ringlizabeth account?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:03 am

atlantalad wrote:That's not quite true. The 'government' presented a WA 3 times and on each occasion it was voted down by Parliament. So I blame Parliament. My guess is that the presented WA was voted down because it was not to the oppositions "liking" and each opposition party had their own view of what a Brexit should be - except remainers who just won't accept any deal.

MPs have now hijacked parliament and prevented boris from having a clean break brexit.

And they're also blocking we , The People, from having a say!

I'm listening to LBC right now. There's a labour Leave voter on and she's saying it's disgusting what's happening. "They just cant accept the referendum result and are stopping Boris from carrying out what 17.4 million people voted for. And I say that as some one who voted Remain" (democracy respecting remainers do exist)

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:09 am

Delta poll published today -

"Eight out of ten voters believe Parliament has become a “laughing stock” which is undermining British democracy."

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:09 am

You know what really boils your **** Brexiteers?

That I said I'm right about a lot of things and you completely can't prove that it's not true.

Arrogance? Possibly

Telling people stuff they don't want to know it acknowledge or accept ? Definitely

All I do is read stuff from both sides and draw the conclusions made by people far better at this stuff and put it on here.

You Brexiteers come to conclusions based 100% on your own preconceived opinions and that it why you get so annoyed when slaughtered on here.

I hope we get a deal, but the way we are going suggests that we will end up with either no deal or no Brexit and a massive constitutional crisis.

Go well all

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5520 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:14 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:MPs have now hijacked parliament and prevented boris from having a clean break brexit.

And they're also blocking we , The People, from having a say!

I'm listening to LBC right now. There's a labour Leave voter on and she's saying it's disgusting what's happening. "They just cant accept the referendum result and are stopping Boris from carrying out what 17.4 million people voted for. And I say that as some one who voted Remain" (democracy respecting remainers do exist)
Clearly not listening that carefully then.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:14 am

Meanwhile Raheem Sterling and other black footballers are saying racism is only getting worse.

And Boris has the audacity to say he will heal the racial divide.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:16 am

This might cheer Ringo up this morning,the Tories are planning to stand against the Speaker at the next election.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49624334

I still suspect he'll win,but in the current febrile climate who knows.