Brexit: Uniting the Country Since 31/01/2020

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1507 times
Has Liked: 580 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Swizzlestick » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:31 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote::lol: :lol:

You're like a dog with a bone aggi!! Let it go! For your own well being!

You're the one saying the Leave vote isn't the largest single expression of democracy this nation has ever witnessed.

If it isn't, what is?
Six edits.
This user liked this post: Greenmile

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10238 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:35 pm

A complete meltdown.
****** as a rat or just incandescent with rage, the Dingo is on top form.

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:38 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Let's see how johnson gets on eh!? And let's see if millions of voters give a toss about his donors business decisions when they come to vote. (They may well consider it to be a vote loser!)

33,500,000 you reckon!?

And which single party, in a general election, or single option in a referendum, received this 33,500,000 exactly!?

(And you just know that in the North Korean Clarets homes, theres been some desperate Googling of past results! To absolutely no avail!!! ) :lol:
33,500,000 people. Context is everything, though is it not? If that were out of 500,000,000, would you still reckon it to be the "largest single expression of democracy? So it has to be set against the number of voters who didn't turn up. That number is 12,000,000. As a percentage, 72% of voters turned up to vote. This makes it the eighteenth single largest expression of democracy the country has ever seen - which is still not bad.

Regarding Johnson, I don't rate his chances on getting a deal. If you consider his party - which has been in power throughout the whole Brexit saga - was so inept at doing brexit, they chose and hung on to a leader who (purposefully?) sabotaged it all. Lot's of leavers were in the cabinet at the time, yet somehow they didn't catch on to the fact this was happening over three years. They even had the chance to get rid of her as leader, and failed to do that until she resigned. If I were a leaver, I'd be incensed at that level of incompetence. But if you still have faith in that party, and in Johnson, knock yourself out.

aggi
Been Liked: 2117 times

Post by aggi » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:53 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote::lol: :lol:

You're like a dog with a bone aggi!! Let it go! For your own well being!

You're the one saying the Leave vote isn't the largest single expression of democracy this nation has ever witnessed.

If it isn't, what is?
That took a lot of editing for something so illegible.

I wasn't saying whether or not the vote was the largest expression, there are (in a sensible person's mind) multiple definitions of that.

I was just explaining to people that in your definition you were only counting the votes for the winning option, therefore if you voted for a side that didn't win it wasn't an expression of democracy.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:21 pm

Looking at the calendar, the earliest date we could have an election is the 18th of November.

Wonder how the dark evenings would affect turnout and canvassing?

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:32 pm

RTE reporting that Johnson has rejected the idea of an NI only backstop in the past hour.

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by Pstotto » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:31 pm

The leave vote had nothing to do with any deal with Europe.

That is a smokescreen.

There was no deal mentioned at the time of the election.

Democracy chose LEAVE.

Anyone against that is against democracy.

To make it illegal to leave the EU on October 31st is a travesty of democracy and a political coup to ceed power to the EU a la 1933 Germany.

I'm amazed at the amount of traitors to England.

Anyone in the remain campaign is a traitor and should be shot.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:32 pm

Spijed wrote:RTE reporting that Johnson has rejected the idea of an NI only backstop in the past hour.
Of course he has the DUP were never going to entertain the idea.

I hope he's got other options to bring to the table,but on current evidence that's a long shot.

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:24 pm

Swizzlestick wrote:Six edits.
That's right! I had a problem messing around with the formatting on aggis quote not my own post.

Anyway, I'll let you have six attempts at producing an example of a party at a uk general election, or a uk referendum choice , that has ever received votes in excess of that of the vote to Leave in the 2016 eu referendum!

Good luck.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:33 pm

AndrewJB wrote:33,500,000 people. Context is everything, though is it not? If that were out of 500,000,000, would you still reckon it to be the "largest single expression of democracy? So it has to be set against the number of voters who didn't turn up. That number is 12,000,000. As a percentage, 72% of voters turned up to vote. This makes it the eighteenth single largest expression of democracy the country has ever seen - which is still not bad.

Regarding Johnson, I don't rate his chances on getting a deal. If you consider his party - which has been in power throughout the whole Brexit saga - was so inept at doing brexit, they chose and hung on to a leader who (purposefully?) sabotaged it all. Lot's of leavers were in the cabinet at the time, yet somehow they didn't catch on to the fact this was happening over three years. They even had the chance to get rid of her as leader, and failed to do that until she resigned. If I were a leaver, I'd be incensed at that level of incompetence. But if you still have faith in that party, and in Johnson, knock yourself out.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nope!

Failed again!

It's very very straight forward.

The vote to leave was the largest single expression of democracy this nation has ever witnessed.

You can claim that combined 33,5000,000 is greater than the single 17,410,742. But aren't you missing the glaringly obvious!

If I'd wanted the largest combined expression of democracy, I'd have asked for it Andrew!

Try again. A party in a general election or a choice at a referendum....

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:44 pm

aggi wrote:That took a lot of editing for something so illegible.

I wasn't saying whether or not the vote was the largest expression, there are (in a sensible person's mind) multiple definitions of that.

I was just explaining to people that in your definition you were only counting the votes for the winning option, therefore if you voted for a side that didn't win it wasn't an expression of democracy.
You've stamped your trotters about this for over 3 years now aggi and it won't get better for you, honestly.

Think about it aggi, please.

Theres a clue in the words "largest single!"

The basic simple fact that the Leave vote is the largest single expression of democracy this nation has ever witnessed. Means that it had to be the winning option as, otherwise , if the other option had received more votes , Leave wouldn't have won! :lol: :lol:

You're not casting yourself in the best possible light here you know. :lol:

martin_p
Been Liked: 3765 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:46 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Nope!

Failed again!

It's very very straight forward.

The vote to leave was the largest single expression of democracy this nation has ever witnessed.

You can claim that combined 33,5000,000 is greater than the single 17,410,742. But aren't you missing the glaringly obvious!

If I'd wanted the largest combined expression of democracy, I'd have asked for it Andrew!

Try again. A party in a general election or a choice at a referendum....
It’s ironic that someone who constantly bangs on about democracy being usurped doesn’t really understand a term like ‘expression of democracy’. Ah well, no big surprise I guess. Ask Elizabeth what it means, she seems a bit more intelligent.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:10 am

martin_p wrote:It’s ironic that someone who constantly bangs on about democracy being usurped doesn’t really understand a term like ‘expression of democracy’. Ah well, no big surprise I guess. Ask Elizabeth what it means, she seems a bit more intelligent.
It's no big surprise that somebody who reckons not to understand (we both know you do really! :lol: ) what the term "largest single expression" means, voted Remain!

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:31 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:It's no big surprise that somebody who reckons not to understand (we both know you do really! :lol: ) what the term "largest single expression" means, voted Remain!
So the referendum was two expressions of democracy and a general election is the number of parties involved plus the number of independents expressions of democracy then?

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1259 times
Has Liked: 1368 times

Post by Elizabeth » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:23 am

At the moment I'm of the thought that democracy just makes us hate each other more

aggi

Post by aggi » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:39 am

martin_p wrote:So the referendum was two expressions of democracy and a general election is the number of parties involved plus the number of independents expressions of democracy then?
Now you're getting it. The last election was 81 single expressions of democracy. (Or possibly 3,304, I'm not sure whether each candidate was a single expression of democracy or we're aggregating them by parties. Ringo, can you confirm this please.)

aggi

Post by aggi » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:13 am

Back to actual news: Tom Watson is calling for a second referendum before a GE.

I'd prefer not to have a second referendum, I think it will be a more divisive option than leaving with a deal, but if we do then I think this would be my preferred option.

A GE would be messy, party politics getting conflated with Brexit positions and other policies being ignored for a single issue. If we want clarity on Brexit it should be done as a binding referendum (with a cross-party deal negotiated beforehand so we know what we're getting) with the focus only on that issue.

atlantalad
Been Liked: 131 times
Has Liked: 114 times

Post by atlantalad » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:27 am

aggi wrote:Back to actual news: Tom Watson is calling for a second referendum before a GE.

I'd prefer not to have a second referendum, I think it will be a more divisive option than leaving with a deal, but if we do then I think this would be my preferred option.

A GE would be messy, party politics getting conflated with Brexit positions and other policies being ignored for a single issue. If we want clarity on Brexit it should be done as a binding referendum (with a cross-party deal negotiated beforehand so we know what we're getting) with the focus only on that issue.
If it is to be a second referendum the question on the ballot paper should be simple and clear: "Do you want the government to implement the result of the first referendum - YES / NO.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:43 am

fairly damning
Attachments
flip flop.jpg
flip flop.jpg (885.22 KiB) Viewed 3682 times
This user liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Mala591
Been Liked: 685 times
Has Liked: 429 times

Post by Mala591 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:05 am

£5 billion over 5 years should be enough to 'encourage' the DUP to accept a NI only customs union (after all NI voted to stay in the EU). Money well spent in my humble opinion.

CleggHall
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 1050 times

Post by CleggHall » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:08 am

Lancaster - we can all change our minds! :D
This user liked this post: Lancasterclaret

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:09 am

martin_p wrote:So the referendum was two expressions of democracy and a general election is the number of parties involved plus the number of independents expressions of democracy then?

Any joy of finding an example of a party at a uk general election, or a uk referendum choice , that has ever received votes in excess of that of the vote to Leave in the 2016 eu referendum!

Which was, as its widely accepted on main stream media, but not from a gaggle of hard core democracy denying, UTC message board Remoaners, the largest single expression of democracy this nation has ever witnessed!

Over to you Marty, in your own time.

android
Been Liked: 121 times
Has Liked: 43 times

Post by android » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:09 am

The trouble with charts / lists like that Lancaster is they always seem to overreach themselves. A bit like the Trump's lies lists that IT used to produce and the first one you look at is just a disagreeable opinion rather than a lie. There are some good ones on your chart but others that are not contradictory at all - unless you take a particularly jaundiced view of course!

aggi

Post by aggi » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:10 am

Boris Johnson’s suspension of UK Parliament is unlawful, judges at Scotland’s highest civil court rule

No idea what that will mean.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:10 am

aggi wrote:Now you're getting it. The last election was 81 single expressions of democracy. (Or possibly 3,304, I'm not sure whether each candidate was a single expression of democracy or we're aggregating them by parties. Ringo, can you confirm this please.)

3 and half years later and you still haven't been able to provide an example of a party at a uk general election, or a uk referendum choice , that has ever received votes in excess of that of the vote to Leave in the 2016 eu referendum!

Keep digging aggi :lol:

android
Been Liked: 121 times
Has Liked: 43 times

Post by android » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:12 am

AndrewJB wrote:I would have thought total number of voters would have been counted in a "single expression of democracy" - thirty-three and a half million, but whatever you say.

Any news on Johnson's negotiations with the EU? How do you think he balances his desire to get a deal, with his top donor's £300 Million bet on UK firms failing with a no deal brexit?
2nd request Andrew, as you might have missed my first at the bottom of previous page. Any chance you could tell us how much this donor (Odey I think) has also bet on UK firms succeeding with a no deal Brexit or on European firms failing? An answer would be appreciated - thanks.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:13 am

I really hope when the election campaign (or a 2nd referendum campaign) comes the focus from the remain side is exposing the lies and falsehoods of the leave side (in an intelligent and adult way) rather than trying to counter them with the over complicated messages around the good the EU does.

When you are lying it is far easier to be simplistic, to the point and more appealing than when you are trying to truthfully articulate a complicated issue. For this reason we need to show the hard brexit people as the charlatans they are and really push the message around the reason these rich elites (who fund the Brexit campaigns) really want Brexit i.e. to grow their bulging bank balance

Forget about your DSR's and Colburn Clarets as they are too far gone but really target the middle ground of people willing to listen who are still undecided or open to persuasion
This user liked this post: tiger76

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:15 am

android wrote:The trouble with charts / lists like that Lancaster is they always seem to overreach themselves. A bit like the Trump's lies lists that IT used to produce and the first one you look at is just a disagreeable opinion rather than a lie. There are some good ones on your chart but others that are not contradictory at all - unless you take a particularly jaundiced view of course!
"unless you take a particularly jaundiced view of course!"

That cuts both ways, as you've just proved! (don't take it too seriously btw)

End of the day, its just a bit of fun with a serious message and that message is that what was promised in 2016 is certainly a million miles away from anything we are looking at in 2019.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:16 am

Any body listen to the BBC radio 5 live phone-in , between 9 and 10 this morning?

I was given a solid 5 minutes of air time with Nicky Campbell listening intently!

RingoMcCartney- doing what he does best. Addressing millions of listeners, with his considered opinion on the important issues. Then coming on here for some light entertainment wiping the floor with an ever decreasing number of democracy denying North Korean Clarets!

:lol: :lol:

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:17 am

Scottish highest civil court rules "suspension of parliament" unlawful.

Interesting.

(it was talked about a few pages ago on here)

(Argh, wish the various news channels would stop changing their story! Its overturned the decision made last week which ruled it lawful)

Summary of judgement here

https://twitter.com/bbclornag/status/11 ... 01/photo/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Lancasterclaret on Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 833 times

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:21 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Scottish highest civil court rules "suspension of parliament" unlawful.

Interesting.

(it was talked about a few pages ago on here)

(Argh, wish the various news channels would stop changing their story! Its overturned the decision made last week which ruled it lawful)
The intelligent, fixing the mistakes of the stupid.

Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 833 times

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:25 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:When you are lying it is far easier to be simplistic
Hence "The Brexit Party."
Simple name with one message for the idiots to understand.
Why anybody would vote for a party with a single aim and no other policies says it all, they literally could be called "The Idiot Party."

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3862 times
Has Liked: 2072 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:25 am

Fair point about the EU.
https://twitter.com/DarrenPlymouth/stat ... 5263090688" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:28 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:Any joy of finding an example of a party at a uk general election, or a uk referendum choice , that has ever received votes in excess of that of the vote to Leave in the 2016 eu referendum!

Which was, as its widely accepted on main stream media, but not from a gaggle of hard core democracy denying, UTC message board Remoaners, the largest single expression of democracy this nation has ever witnessed!

Over to you Marty, in your own time.
We all know what you’re trying to say Wrongo, the trouble is you don’t know the words to use to say it. The Leave vote was (in number of votes cast) the largest mandate for something in U.K. history, although in percentage terms the 1970s referendum remain vote beats it by a distance. But you insist on talking about ‘expression of democracy’ which can only reasonably refer to the total number of votes cast or turnout for the whole exercise unless you think a referendum/election is multiple expressions of democracy (which could only really be argued if there were multiple questions). The referendum wasn’t the biggest single expression of democracy, it was about the second or third biggest.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:29 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:Fair point about the EU.
https://twitter.com/DarrenPlymouth/stat ... 5263090688" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You'll have to list the unblemished success record of the current UK government Quick or it doesn't look like anywhere near as good a point as you and Daz in Plymouth thinks it is.

dsr
Been Liked: 4576 times
Has Liked: 2264 times

Post by dsr » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:29 am

aggi wrote:Boris Johnson’s suspension of UK Parliament is unlawful, judges at Scotland’s highest civil court rule

No idea what that will mean.
They don't release full details till Friday. Do we even know on what grounds this prorogation was being challenged?

1. Prorogation is unconstitutional per se? The whole principle of suspension of parliament and re-opening with a Queen's Speech, as practised constitutionally for at least 400 years, was unconstitutional all along? Surely not.

2. This particular prorogation is unconstitutional because the opposition doesn't like it? I can't see any precedent for that. To declare something illegal n those grounds, they would surely need a precedent.

3. There was something technically wrong with the advice. In which case, the advice can be re-written and prorogation can happen again.

Anyway, nothing can happen until the Supreme Court has ruled - presumably on both the English court that says it's legal and the Scottish one that says it's not - and gives the final decision.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:36 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:You'll have to list the unblemished success record of the current UK government Quick or it doesn't look like anywhere near as good a point as you and Daz in Plymouth thinks it is.
It was the video I wanted you to see, not Daz from Plymouth's opinion. Just easier to link it.

Our politicians all **** in the same pot but while we're in the EU they all have a get out clause in both sides blaming each other, until we get bored blaming them.
When we're out they will have to take responsibility for their actions.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:36 am

If you want to know why this has happened and why it affects the whole of the UK, very short thread explains it really simply

https://twitter.com/davidallengreen/sta ... 3657186304" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:37 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:It was the video I wanted you to see, not Daz from Plymouth's opinion. Just easier to link it.

Our politicians all **** in the same pot but while we're in the EU they all have a get out clause in both sides blaming each other, until we get bored blaming them.
Do you know who Nick Timothy is? (amongst hundreds of others)

Google him, and then come back to me and try to make the same point.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:41 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:It was the video I wanted you to see, not Daz from Plymouth's opinion. Just easier to link it.

No they won’t, they’ll just find someone else to blame that’s all. Let’s remember not everything is the fault of the EU. Foreigners are to blame for people not being able to get jobs and the NHS being in a poor state (nothing to do with underfunding), the party opposite are to blame for austerity being needed (not the global financial crisis), remainers are the reason we haven’t left the eu (not the undeliverable red lines set by the ERG). When you’re in government everything is someone else’s fault, always has been always will be.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:43 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Do you know who Nick Timothy is? (amongst hundreds of others)

Google him, and then come back to me and try to make the same point.
What am I looking for? Might make it easier?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:47 am

martin_p wrote:We all know what you’re trying to say Wrongo, the trouble is you don’t know the words to use to say it. The Leave vote was (in number of votes cast) the largest mandate for something in U.K. history, although in percentage terms the 1970s referendum remain vote beats it by a distance. But you insist on talking about ‘expression of democracy’ which can only reasonably refer to the total number of votes cast or turnout for the whole exercise unless you think a referendum/election is multiple expressions of democracy (which could only really be argued if there were multiple questions). The referendum wasn’t the biggest single expression of democracy, it was about the second or third biggest.
No Marty, you're pretending to not understand what I'm saying . And to avoid admitting I'm right and you're wrong, you're now claiming I'm using the wrong words

Listen to yourself Marty! :lol: :lol:

You say, I'm using the wrong words!? Then, in the very next sentence you confirm what I'm saying, by using slightly different words!! "the largest mandate for something in U.K. history" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So you'll only come close to admitting I'm right, IF, we use your words!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And people reckon I'm a wind up merchant!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

SalouClaret
Been Liked: 340 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by SalouClaret » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:47 am

I just read the last 10 pages of this thread and I think my brain died.

Some insufferable comments and posters from both sides.

Sums Brexit up perfectly :twisted:

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:48 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:What am I looking for? Might make it easier?
Right

Point I'm making is that he's the strategist who advised May to have that disastrous 2017 election (the main reason we are in this mess)

He was sacked, but walked straight into a lucrative job at the Daily Brexit, sorry, Telegraph (owned by Johnsons biggest backers and continues to write very pro-Brexit and pro-Johnson pieces) and has now received an honour in Mays list (for balance, and just as unfathomably, so has Olly Robbins)

Basically, the moving of failures around and rewarding them is rife in the UK as well as the EU, and leaving the EU won't change that.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:49 am

SalouClaret wrote:I just read the last 10 pages of this thread and I think my brain died.

Some insufferable comments and posters from both sides.

Sums Brexit up perfectly :twisted:

It would only have been 1 page long if the remoaners had accepted they lost.

aggi

Post by aggi » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:50 am

dsr wrote:They don't release full details till Friday. Do we even know on what grounds this prorogation was being challenged?

1. Prorogation is unconstitutional per se? The whole principle of suspension of parliament and re-opening with a Queen's Speech, as practised constitutionally for at least 400 years, was unconstitutional all along? Surely not.

2. This particular prorogation is unconstitutional because the opposition doesn't like it? I can't see any precedent for that. To declare something illegal n those grounds, they would surely need a precedent.

3. There was something technically wrong with the advice. In which case, the advice can be re-written and prorogation can happen again.

Anyway, nothing can happen until the Supreme Court has ruled - presumably on both the English court that says it's legal and the Scottish one that says it's not - and gives the final decision.
Reasoning here:

The point seems to be that the prorogation had no purpose other than to stop scrutiny (I assume this was concluded from the internal correspondence, etc) so it isn't lawful.

Although I believe this judgement can be overruled by the UK Supreme court so not sure if it will mean anything.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:54 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Right

Point I'm making is that he's the strategist who advised May to have that disastrous 2017 election (the main reason we are in this mess)

He was sacked, but walked straight into a lucrative job at the Daily Brexit, sorry, Telegraph (owned by Johnsons biggest backers and continues to write very pro-Brexit and pro-Johnson pieces) and has now received an honour in Mays list (for balance, and just as unfathomably, so has Olly Robbins)

Basically, the moving of failures around and rewarding them is rife in the UK as well as the EU, and leaving the EU won't change that.
Drain the swamp.
This user liked this post: Lancasterclaret

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:56 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:No Marty, you're pretending to not understand what I'm saying . And to avoid admitting I'm right and you're wrong, you're now claiming I'm using the wrong words

Listen to yourself Marty! :lol: :lol:

You say, I'm using the wrong words!? Then, in the very next sentence you confirm what I'm saying, by using slightly different words!! "the largest mandate for something in U.K. history" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So you'll only come close to admitting I'm right, IF, we use your words!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And people reckon I'm a wind up merchant!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well yes, I generally find marrying up the right questions with the right answers quite useful.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:56 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:Drain the swamp.
By all means, but lets be honest, this is a problem that isn't unique to the EU, which completely destroys the point Daz in Plymouth was making.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:57 am

aggi wrote:Reasoning here:

The point seems to be that the prorogation had no purpose other than to stop scrutiny (I assume this was concluded from the internal correspondence, etc) so it isn't lawful.

Although I believe this judgement can be overruled by the UK Supreme court so not sure if it will mean anything.
Supreme court sitting next Tuesday