Brexit: Uniting the Country Since 31/01/2020

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by dsr » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:00 am

aggi wrote:Reasoning here:

The point seems to be that the prorogation had no purpose other than to stop scrutiny (I assume this was concluded from the internal correspondence, etc) so it isn't lawful.

Although I believe this judgement can be overruled by the UK Supreme court so not sure if it will mean anything.
Shame they didn't bring this out a day earlier. There might have been even more fun in the House of commons last night.

I can't be the only one to find it a bit distasteful that the Labour Party sat there singing the Red Flag shortly after voting to prevent a general election. They may well claim that they are just using political tricks and chicanery because they disapprove in principle of the government using political tricks and chicanery, but it doesn't sit well.
This user liked this post: claret_in_exile

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:05 am

dsr wrote:Shame they didn't bring this out a day earlier. There might have been even more fun in the House of commons last night.

I can't be the only one to find it a bit distasteful that the Labour Party sat there singing the Red Flag shortly after voting to prevent a general election. They may well claim that they are just using political tricks and chicanery because they disapprove in principle of the government using political tricks and chicanery, but it doesn't sit well.
None of this sits well.

But people won't forget that parliament was shut down to stop parliament from doing its actual job.

There is a reason twenty odd Conservative MPs suddenly decided to jump ship, quickly followed by the PMs brother and one of his best friends, and its because these sort of tactics are not and should never be used by a PM of one of the oldest and greatest democracies in the world.
These 2 users liked this post: claret_in_exile tiger76

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:11 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Supreme court sitting next Tuesday
I’m not sure what difference any of this make now anyway. Obviously if it’s found unlawful it will set a precedent to stop government’s prorogueing to stop debate in the future. It’s also that will be used in the next election campaign to point out what sort of government Johnson runs. But it’s not something he’s going to resign over (unless he wants to use it to force an election of course) and parliament is now shut.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:14 am

martin_p wrote:I’m not sure what difference any of this make now anyway. Obviously if it’s found unlawful it will set a precedent to stop government’s prorogueing to stop debate in the future. It’s also that will be used in the next election campaign to point out what sort of government Johnson runs. But it’s not something he’s going to resign over (unless he wants to use it to force an election of course) and parliament is now shut.
If it is upheld next Tuesday, its means that senior law lords have decided in law that Boris Johnson lied to the country and to the Queen.

Thats not an election slogan I'd want!
Last edited by Lancasterclaret on Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: claret_in_exile

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:14 am

dsr wrote:Shame they didn't bring this out a day earlier. There might have been even more fun in the House of commons last night.

I think Labour mainly abstained rather than voting against. And the reasons for this have been done to death so I’m not sure why it keeps being brought up. The general election will have been delayed from the time Johnson wanted it by one to two months that’s all.

android
Been Liked: 119 times
Has Liked: 43 times

Post by android » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:15 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:"unless you take a particularly jaundiced view of course!"

That cuts both ways, as you've just proved! (don't take it too seriously btw)

End of the day, its just a bit of fun with a serious message and that message is that what was promised in 2016 is certainly a million miles away from anything we are looking at in 2019.
I agree - we voted to Leave and it still seems a million miles away - despite it being the largest mandate for something in UK history ;)
These 3 users liked this post: martin_p Lancasterclaret RingoMcCartney

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:17 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:If it is upheld next Tuesday, its means that senior law lords have decided in law that Boris Johnson lied to the country and to the Queen.

Thats not an election slogan I'd want!
I’m not sure the kind of people minded to vote for Johnson will care. He’s already been proved a liar being sacked from jobs for his dishonesty. In the list of things that Brexiteers are prepared to give up to get Brexit (the Union, the economy, etc) where will being honest with the Queen come?

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:17 am

android wrote:I agree - we voted to Leave and it still seems a million miles away - despite it being the largest mandate for something in UK history ;)
Oh, I'm still in favour of leaving with a deal ahead of anything else (because of the 2016 vote) but the tactics being used to try to get us there are chipping away at that.

There is no way that a Johnson government is interested in running the country with any checks to its power, and I find that massively concerning.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:18 am

martin_p wrote:I’m not sure the kind of people minded to vote for Johnson will care. He’s already been proved a liar being sacked from jobs for his dishonesty. In the list of things that Brexiteers are prepared to give up to get Brexit (the Union, the economy, etc) where will being honest with the Queen come?
Good point.

Only going to be a couple of days till one of the usual suspects declares that the Queen was a remoaner because of her German ancestry.

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:19 am

martin_p wrote:Well yes, I generally find marrying up the right questions with the right answers quite useful.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You've come out with some belters on here Marty but today's offerings have raised the standards of mutton headedness to stratospheric new heights!!!

You'll come close to admitting im right if you pretend that, because I'm using the wrong words, you dont understand what I'm saying. Then you show that you clearly know that I must be using something close to the right words , because you confirm what I'm already saying, by phrasing it, using slightly different wording!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You whine on about me using these - :lol:

Well, stop giving me an, open goal-like, reason to!!!

dsr

Post by dsr » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:27 am

martin_p wrote:I think Labour mainly abstained rather than voting against. And the reasons for this have been done to death so I’m not sure why it keeps being brought up. The general election will have been delayed from the time Johnson wanted it by one to two months that’s all.
Have Labour officially said they won't delay it again after 31st January? If the reason for delaying it now is to avoid leaving on 31st October, why not do the same re. January?

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:27 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Good point.

Only going to be a couple of days till one of the usual suspects declares that the Queen was a remoaner because of her German ancestry.
And I suspect another bit of fallout from this is that the Johnson/Brexit little englanders will cry ‘if Scotland wants to try and tell us what to do I’m quite happy to let them go!’ (To be read in loud angry voice with red face and bulging neck muscles. Sprinkle liberally with swear words for maximum effect).

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5520 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:28 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:Any body listen to the BBC radio 5 live phone-in , between 9 and 10 this morning?

I was given a solid 5 minutes of air time with Nicky Campbell listening intently!

RingoMcCartney- doing what he does best. Addressing millions of listeners, with his considered opinion on the important issues. Then coming on here for some light entertainment wiping the floor with an ever decreasing number of democracy denying North Korean Clarets!

:lol: :lol:
Go on then, I’ll humour you. What were you banging on about for a full five minutes?

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:29 am

dsr wrote:Have Labour officially said they won't delay it again after 31st January? If the reason for delaying it now is to avoid leaving on 31st October, why not do the same re. January?
If you’ve been paying even the slightest attention to the news over the past week you’ll know the answer to that.

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2887 times
Has Liked: 1760 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:31 am

Can anyone on here honestly say that prior to the 2016 referendum, the issue of either being IN or OUT of Europe was a burning topic?

I can't recall heated debates anywhere about this, it wasn't a topic in work places or pubs.

since the vote the place has gone to ****
These 3 users liked this post: Foshiznik Lancasterclaret Rileybobs

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2619 times
Has Liked: 6417 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:33 am

Does anyone have any advice on emigration...? like to where and how...?

dsr

Post by dsr » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:37 am

martin_p wrote:If you’ve been paying even the slightest attention to the news over the past week you’ll know the answer to that.
Have Labour officially said they won't delay it again after 31st January? If the reason for delaying it now is to avoid leaving on 31st October, why not do the same re. January?

Foshiznik
Been Liked: 714 times
Has Liked: 1998 times
Location: Computer matrix, IP not found- current code: 00101110100101001100100 1011101010100010101101010100100

Post by Foshiznik » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:40 am

dsr wrote:Have Labour officially said they won't delay it again after 31st January? If the reason for delaying it now is to avoid leaving on 31st October, why not do the same re. January?
Why would they need to? It's being delayed now to give everyone the opportunity to make a deal before a, in my opinion (and many others more informed than me) disastrous no deal brexit is forced through.

Right_winger
Been Liked: 492 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by Right_winger » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:42 am

Wile E Coyote wrote:Can anyone on here honestly say that prior to the 2016 referendum, the issue of either being IN or OUT of Europe was a burning topic?

I can't recall heated debates anywhere about this, it wasn't a topic in work places or pubs.

since the vote the place has gone to ****
There’s been people against the EU for a long time however since the vote and because it went against the establishments way this has turned out the way it is.

The establishment are not going to allow us to leave it’s as simple as that. The only way to leave is to rebalance the make up of MPs in parliament, I cannot see that happening.
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:47 am

Well I’m sure you know all about how the calendar works, but I’ll remind you. Supporting an election now would allow Johnson to set the date such that parliament wasn’t sitting on 19th or 31st October and us leaving with no deal by default. The end of January is over three months off, so supporting an election (probably via a no confidence vote) in November or December still gives parliament the chance to stop no deal at the end of January if it needs to.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:47 am

TheFamilyCat wrote:Go on then, I’ll humour you. What were you banging on about for a full five minutes?
You'll have to listen to the iplayer for the full spiel. I'm already behind here as it is. But in a nutshell , as a former labour voter, the potential effect of going for a 2nd People's Vote on the labour party in its heartlands.

If I as a Leave voter, have to win 2 referenda to have my view finally implemented. Where as a Remain voter in the South would only have to win one to have theirs implemented. My Leave vote is effectively worth half that of a Remain vote.

That's what upto 5 million labour leave voters will feel. Voting labour is a trans generational habit, a tradition. If voters feel ," theres no point voting it doesn't change a thing," trust in democracy will be permanently shattered So grand parents and parents will pass on that attitude and the next generation will simply stop voting. Labour's vote could dry up in places like Burnley and leave then being a metropolitan voter party.

In places like Burnley, labour was always the working class party . It's already become the Islington Dinner Party.

For more of this garbage, listen to Talk radio, LBC and the BBC.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:49 am

Right_winger wrote:There’s been people against the EU for a long time however since the vote and because it went against the establishments way this has turned out the way it is.

The establishment are not going to allow us to leave it’s as simple as that. The only way to leave is to rebalance the make up of MPs in parliament, I cannot see that happening.
Thats why it makes more sense to have a 2nd ref, rather than a GE.

It certainly does for Johnson dreams of staying PM.

LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1599 times
Has Liked: 679 times

Post by LoveCurryPies » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:49 am

Anyone concerned, that on leaving the EU, this same group of politicians are the people who are going to be negotiating international deals? :shock:
This user liked this post: Lancasterclaret

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:52 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Thats why it makes more sense to have a 2nd ref, rather than a GE.

It certainly does for Johnson dreams of staying PM.

How does a 2nd Peoples vote settle owt?

If Leave win for a 2nd Time, remoaners have proven, and admitted live on the BBC , that they wouldn't accept the result. They haven't accepted the result of the 1st!

If Remain won , then as one of 17.4 million brexiteers I'd demand the best of 3...5....7....

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:54 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:How does a 2nd Peoples vote settle owt?

If Leave win for a 2nd Time, remoaners have proven, and admitted live on the BBC , that they wouldn't accept the result. They haven't accepted the result of the 1st!

If Remain won , then as one of 17.4 million brexiteers I'd demand the best of 3...5....7....
You do that. Its your democratic right to.

But we need a way out of this.

What do you think the best way out is?*

(*based on reality and the numbers in parliament and the weakness of the PM)

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:57 am

RingoMcCartney wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You've come out with some belters on here Marty but today's offerings have raised the standards of mutton headedness to stratospheric new heights!!!

You'll come close to admitting im right if you pretend that, because I'm using the wrong words, you dont understand what I'm saying. Then you show that you clearly know that I must be using something close to the right words , because you confirm what I'm already saying, by phrasing it, using slightly different wording!!!!!!!

You whine on about me using these - :lol:

Well, stop giving me an, open goal-like, reason to!!!

Ha! That was you ‘Paul from Burnley’. You were asked two questioned you failed to answer, why would leaving make us better off and how had the EU caused problems in Burnley. All in all it was a bog standard Brexiteer performance, unable to explain why Brexit was a good thing. Bit embarrassing really.

Funnily enough as I listened you made an argument I’ve only ever heard on here and that’s that ‘why should leave have to win two referendums and remain only one’ (presumably ignoring the 70s referendum) and I thought, blimey it’s not just Wrongo that doesn’t get that referendum don’t have aggregate scores. Seems I was wrong!

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:00 pm

"This government cannot even abuse the constitution competently."
@davidallengreen on @lbc

He's still on now, and he's telling why the Scots courts rejected prolongation.

Well worth a listen.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:05 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:You do that. Its your democratic right to.

But we need a way out of this.

What do you think the best way out is?*

(*based on reality and the numbers in parliament and the weakness of the PM)
Way out?

A general election to flush out the underminers, the fruatrator remoaners, the finally something that the current crop promised, but failed to do.

Which is that old fashioned idea of actually implementing the results of democratic referenda.

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:06 pm

android wrote:2nd request Andrew, as you might have missed my first at the bottom of previous page. Any chance you could tell us how much this donor (Odey I think) has also bet on UK firms succeeding with a no deal Brexit or on European firms failing? An answer would be appreciated - thanks.
My initial answer would be "I don't know". Following a google search with "Crispin Odey Brexit" most of the links merely described his short positions which bet against the British economy. In one link however he responds to a Channel 4 documentary in which he featured, called Brexit Millionaires - which he calls "crap" See the link below for yourself.

https://www.fnlondon.com/articles/crisp ... n-20190320" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:06 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Way out?

A general election to flush out the underminers, the fruatrator remoaners, the finally something that the current crop promised, but failed to do.

Which is that old fashioned idea of actually implementing the results of democratic referenda.
Right, that is fine, but what if it doesn't (and the polls suggest exactly that)?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:12 pm

martin_p wrote:Ha! That was you ‘Paul from Burnley’. You were asked two questioned you failed to answer, why would leaving make us better off and how had the EU caused problems in Burnley. All in all it was a bog standard Brexiteer performance, unable to explain why Brexit was a good thing. Bit embarrassing really.

Funnily enough as I listened you made an argument I’ve only ever heard on here and that’s that ‘why should leave have to win two referendums and remain only one’ (presumably ignoring the 70s referendum) and I thought, blimey it’s not just Wrongo that doesn’t get that referendum don’t have aggregate scores. Seems I was wrong!
Wrong again Marty!!!! :lol: :lol:

The 70s referendum was not "ignored"

The 70s referendum was implemented.

I know you're too brilliant at understanding words. But can you spot the difference between to 2 sentences?

:lol: :lol:

My opinion on the phone-in reached probably around 1.5 million at a guess.

Yours. On here. Right now 150ish if youre lucky!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:13 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Right, that is fine, but what if it doesn't (and the polls suggest exactly that)?
What do the polls suggest?

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2619 times
Has Liked: 6417 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:14 pm

What people forget is that with more information it's OK to change you mind...

If you buy a car, you do your research - test drive various models; read the brochures; read the reviews; come to an informed decision and make you purchase. Its an expensive purchase, so you need to be sure you've made the right choice. Even then, after all the research you can dislike your choice within hours, days or weeks of making that choice - it's unlikely but it happens. When that happens you can trade in your car for another model, it will cost you, but the process of choice starts again.

When you move house or buy one for the first time, its a similar process - you research whats on offer and make an informed decision. You then move house and find out you have noisy neighbours; or you don't actually have the rooms you need; your circumstances change - all good reasons for changing your mind about the house, so you change your mind and look to move again, it will cost you, but the process starts again.

Throughout life people can and do change their minds, especially when they are better informed. It is the same with Brexit, the population are more informed, and as such there should be a second referendum. It's not likely that we'll need a third though, as after 3 years or so of this we are as informed as we are going to be, the mistake was stating that the 1st referendum would be enacted - it should never have been promised without the understanding that once the exit strategy was defined we could have a second say on the matter to be sure that the Brexit we thought we would have and were promised would be delivered.

But then I'm pragmatic about the whole thing, and I also have a modicum of common sense - I'm not so sure about others though.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:17 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:What do the polls suggest?
Another hung parliament.

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by Pstotto » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:20 pm

What more information, Rick?

State the information about the future of the UK for the next 100 years that you now are aware of.

The 2030 UEFA Champions League Final to be held in Beijing?

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:22 pm

martin_p wrote:We all know what you’re trying to say Wrongo, the trouble is you don’t know the words to use to say it. The Leave vote was (in number of votes cast) the largest mandate for something in U.K. history, although in percentage terms the 1970s referendum remain vote beats it by a distance. But you insist on talking about ‘expression of democracy’ which can only reasonably refer to the total number of votes cast or turnout for the whole exercise unless you think a referendum/election is multiple expressions of democracy (which could only really be argued if there were multiple questions). The referendum wasn’t the biggest single expression of democracy, it was about the second or third biggest.
In terms of voter turnout percentage since 1922, it's actually the eighteenth largest expression of democracy the UK has ever seen. Not to say that's bad, but just not the best. :)

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:27 pm

This is getting a bit serious now

Lord Chancellor backs the judges

https://twitter.com/RobertBuckland/stat ... 9148454913" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

after the PMs office had questioned their impartiality.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:28 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:What people forget is that with more information it's OK to change you mind...

If you buy a car, you do your research - test drive various models; read the brochures; read the reviews; come to an informed decision and make you purchase. Its an expensive purchase, so you need to be sure you've made the right choice. Even then, after all the research you can dislike your choice within hours, days or weeks of making that choice - it's unlikely but it happens. When that happens you can trade in your car for another model, it will cost you, but the process of choice starts again.

When you move house or buy one for the first time, its a similar process - you research whats on offer and make an informed decision. You then move house and find out you have noisy neighbours; or you don't actually have the rooms you need; your circumstances change - all good reasons for changing your mind about the house, so you change your mind and look to move again, it will cost you, but the process starts again.

Throughout life people can and do change their minds, especially when they are better informed. It is the same with Brexit, the population are more informed, and as such there should be a second referendum. It's not likely that we'll need a third though, as after 3 years or so of this we are as informed as we are going to be, the mistake was stating that the 1st referendum would be enacted - it should never have been promised without the understanding that once the exit strategy was defined we could have a second say on the matter to be sure that the Brexit we thought we would have and were promised would be delivered.

But then I'm pragmatic about the whole thing, and I also have a modicum of common sense - I'm not so sure about others though.
1975 - referendum result. Remain in the Common Market.

40 odd years to assess.

2016 - referendum result . Leave. We've changed our minds.

Now implement it please.

Thank you.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6895 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:29 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:1975 - referendum result. Remain in the Common Market.

40 odd years to assess.

2016 - referendum result . Leave. We've changed our minds.

Now implement it please.

Thank you.
You’re losing, Ringo. Get over it.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:32 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Another hung parliament.
Ah but, let's take a leaf out of the Peoples Vote Campaign shall we?

Before the result of a general election is implemented. The losing candidates claim that the policies of the winning candidates will do untold damage to the constituencies and refuse to accept the result.

3 and a half years later, this parliament and its MPS still sit defying the general election result

Fair? Democratic?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:34 pm

Rileybobs wrote:You’re losing, Ringo. Get over it.

If the 2016 referendum result , which is the largest single expression of democracy this nation has ever witnessed is not implemented.

Theres only going to be one loser my friend.

Democracy itself......

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:37 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Ah but, let's take a leaf out of the Peoples Vote Campaign shall we?

Before the result of a general election is implemented. The losing candidates claim that the policies of the winning candidates will do untold damage to the constituencies and refuse to accept the result.

3 and a half years later, this parliament and its MPS still sit defying the general election result

Fair? Democratic?
Right.

Now you've got that one of your chest, how does another hung parliament help solve the current problem?

duncandisorderly
Been Liked: 970 times
Has Liked: 232 times

Post by duncandisorderly » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:41 pm

I think a hanged parliament might solve the current problem.
This user liked this post: dsr

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6895 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:43 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:If the 2016 referendum result , which is the largest single expression of democracy this nation has ever witnessed is not implemented.

Theres only going to be one loser my friend.

Democracy itself......
Yes democracy will have lost, as will you. Just get over it.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:43 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Ah but, let's take a leaf out of the Peoples Vote Campaign shall we?

Fair? Democratic?
Unlawful. Of course the referendum was advisory so in law had to go through parliament and not happen before Parliament even opens like the result of a general election.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:44 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Right.

Now you've got that one of your chest, how does another hung parliament help solve the current problem?

No, no ,no no.

Now that you've started swerving.

Fair? Democratic?

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1985 times
Has Liked: 2875 times

Post by elwaclaret » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:47 pm

Politics live on BBC.... four remainders, all with different opinions of how parliament should go forward.

Johnson expected to appeal court decisions to Supreme Court.

dsr

Post by dsr » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:48 pm

martin_p wrote:Unlawful. Of course the referendum was advisory so in law had to go through parliament and not happen before Parliament even opens like the result of a general election.
I can't believe that anyone who objects to Boris Johnson's legal manoueverings could say with a straight face that the referendum was not binding.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Post by IanMcL » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:49 pm

Johnson voting results

Won 0
Drawn 0
Lost 6

Lucky he is not a prem manager!

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:50 pm

dsr wrote:I can't believe that anyone who objects to Boris Johnson's legal manoueverings could say with a straight face that the referendum was not binding.
It is a fact (I know you’re not keen on them).
This user liked this post: Greenmile