Brexit: Uniting the Country Since 31/01/2020

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by AndrewJB » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:53 pm

BleedingClaret wrote:Just Game playing, but real life.

Honour the first Referendum and then when we have left begin your campaign for a further Referendum.

Througout history we as a country and democracy have shown outrage against countries that just keep voting until they wear down their opponents to obtain the result they want.
Leave in what way? Honour the first referendum by leaving the EU and staying in everything else, until a consensus is achieved (probably via a general election) as to what direction to move next?

What kind of consequences do you think Johnson should face for acting illegally against our democracy?

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:55 pm

Barry_Chuckle wrote:Interesting comment Lancaster, I'm of the same mind and that having voted remain in 2016.

May I ask a question........ If the options are either Remain or Leave, hope you don't mind me asking but where would your cross go?
With a deal?

Deal I think (assuming its mays deal, which is ****, but the only one out there)

If its "No Deal", remain all the way.

Even with a deal option I'm starting to think about remain as an option now, because its the best economic case

But at the moment, its deal.

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:03 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Now you are just being even sillier.

I want to leave with a deal.

You acting like a little kid who can't have his own way all the time doesn't change that.

Full credit to you never having changed your username, despite everything btw.
Haha , you know when some one has lost the arguement. They resort to garbage like hinting that the person who's got the better of them could be arsed logging in and out and having a parody account!

Especially when we have in our midst, a poster who openly admitted they went on another football clubs message board as 2 seperate accounts . To indulge in "verbal Guerilla warfare!"

Anyway you keep playing the man not the ball when you've lost the arguement, yet again.

BleedingClaret
Been Liked: 988 times
Has Liked: 1660 times

Post by BleedingClaret » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:07 pm

AndrewJB wrote:Leave in what way? Honour the first referendum by leaving the EU and staying in everything else, until a consensus is achieved (probably via a general election) as to what direction to move next?

What kind of consequences do you think Johnson should face for acting illegally against our democracy?
I'm talking idealistically and going back in time as to what could & imo should have happened.
But the Impasse now is immense.
No way through for leave, even as the majority democratic wish & no deal apparently the legal position on 31st October.
But we all know democracy is undermined and peoples belief in it hanging by a thread, and I can't stand this phrase, but 'THE SYSTEM' will likely get there way.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:09 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Haha , you know when some one has lost the arguement. They resort to garbage like hinting that the person who's got the better of them could be arsed logging in and out and having a parody account!

Especially when we have in our midst, a poster who openly admitted they went on another football clubs message board as 2 seperate accounts . To indulge in "verbal Guerilla warfare!"

Anyway you keep playing the man not the ball when you've lost the arguement, yet again.
Amazing

Absolutely amazing, even by your standards.

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:13 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Haha , you know when some one has lost the arguement. They resort to garbage like hinting that the person who's got the better of them could be arsed logging in and out and having a parody account!
For those who don't remember, Ringo is who started the whole "multiple accounts" suggestion on this board whenever people would inform him of how ******* moronic his opinions were. He literally started it all.
This user liked this post: Greenmile

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:17 pm

aggi wrote:It's not that complicated. Mayoral elections are already done on this basis in the UK.
Not sure which is more surprising, we still have mayor's or people vote for them

Mala591
Been Liked: 685 times
Has Liked: 429 times

Post by Mala591 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:19 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:With a deal?

Deal I think (assuming its mays deal, which is ****, but the only one out there)

If its "No Deal", remain all the way.

Even with a deal option I'm starting to think about remain as an option now, because its the best economic case

But at the moment, its deal.
Would you prefer May's WA or a Northern Ireland only backstop (UK/EU trade border down the Irish Sea)?

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2176 times
Has Liked: 3110 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:20 pm

If any of the 17.4 are going to don khaki and pick up a rifle, let us know where your trenches are going to be eh?

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:21 pm

Mala591 wrote:Would you prefer May's WA or a Northern Ireland only backstop (UK/EU trade border down the Irish Sea)?
Call me a traditionalist, but as the last 3 years haven't shown a better option, i'd quite like to keep the current arrangement cheers
This user liked this post: longsidepies

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1826 times
Has Liked: 930 times

Post by CombatClaret » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:26 pm

https://twitter.com/robertpopper/status ... 54304?s=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Clearly he knows exactly what he voted for and still fully backs JORIS BOHNSON

:lol: :lol:

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3083 times
Has Liked: 5064 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:30 pm

quoonbeatz wrote:The people didn't elect this government, they elected the last one. 0.13% put this current mob in charge. Parliament being sovereign is what brexiteers were fighting for all this time, isn't it?
But Parliament isnt the government. It doesn't matter if its 0.00001%, the majority party create a government, which sets the agenda and their goals. If Parliament isnt happy with the government, fine no problem, there are long established means and ways of showing that. Have a vote of no confidence, have a call for a GE. But what is taking place here has nothing to do with that. The same people complaining about prorogation, are the same people unwilling to fight a GE.
You're not stupid, I dont have to tell you why, because you and everybody else knows the answer. Whichever way you look at it, whichever side of Brexit you sit, it is the biggest slap in the face for democracy the people of this country have ever faced.
I hope, pray, and believe, that when we do get the chance to enter a polling booth, these bastards get the kicking from the electorate they deserve.
This issue is or should, be completely separate from the argument about the referendum, it's about who runs the country. Nobody has the right to take over Parliamentary proceedings from the incumbent government, without the approval of the people.

We are being painted into a corner where Jeremy Corbyn, hated not disliked, by the majority of this country, with the lowest poll rating of any opposition leader, ever, could be made PM. Without the support of even a quarter of the people.
How the **** is that democratic.
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:31 pm

Mala591 wrote:Would you prefer May's WA or a Northern Ireland only backstop (UK/EU trade border down the Irish Sea)?
Crikey, Mays I think.

NI only is even sillier

aggi
Been Liked: 2123 times

Post by aggi » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:40 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:But Parliament isnt the government. It doesn't matter if its 0.00001%, the majority party create a government, which sets the agenda and their goals. If Parliament isnt happy with the government, fine no problem, there are long established means and ways of showing that. Have a vote of no confidence, have a call for a GE. But what is taking place here has nothing to do with that. The same people complaining about prorogation, are the same people unwilling to fight a GE.
You're not stupid, I dont have to tell you why, because you and everybody else knows the answer. Whichever way you look at it, whichever side of Brexit you sit, it is the biggest slap in the face for democracy the people of this country have ever faced.
I hope, pray, and believe, that when we do get the chance to enter a polling booth, these bastards get the kicking from the electorate they deserve.
This issue is or should, be completely separate from the argument about the referendum, it's about who runs the country. Nobody has the right to take over Parliamentary proceedings from the incumbent government, without the approval of the people.

We are being painted into a corner where Jeremy Corbyn, hated not disliked, by the majority of this country, with the lowest poll rating of any opposition leader, ever, could be made PM. Without the support of even a quarter of the people.
How the **** is that democratic.
This may have gone differently if we didn't have a PM with a track record of lying.

As it is there's nothing to stop the MPs voting for another election and Johnson going "Oh, you know that election we talked about having on 14th October, now that you've voted it's going to be 14th November instead. By the way, whilst Parliament is dissolved for an election we'll be leaving the EU with no deal".

I can only assume that you weren't aware of this.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:41 pm

ZizkovClaret wrote:If any of the 17.4 are going to don khaki and pick up a rifle, let us know where your trenches are going to be eh?
Nah, its not what brexiteers do.

An "X" on a ballot paper is more our thing.

The Establishment and Remoaners don't, but we still have faith in democracy.

Call us old fashioned.. ......

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2603 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:42 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:But Parliament isnt the government. It doesn't matter if its 0.00001%, the majority party create a government, which sets the agenda and their goals.
There isn't a majority party.
Can't be arsed to pull the rest of your post to shreds as it fell at the first hurdle.
This user liked this post: longsidepies

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:45 pm

https://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2019/0 ... once-again" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pretty fair on what happened today, and why its a good thing.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:45 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:For those who don't remember, Ringo is who started the whole "multiple accounts" suggestion on this board whenever people would inform him of how ******* moronic his opinions were. He literally started it all.
And isn't it ironic, that the above post was made by someone who admited having several accounts in different names! And true to form, its "liked" by , me and my shadow, Greenmile!!

You could not make it up! :lol: :lol:

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:47 pm

You've got form Edward the Confessor

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
evensteadiereddie wrote:

I did it a few years ago on a Bolton Wanderers boardOne account being the hostile, gleeful Burnley fan, the other a long-suffering Trotters fan with patience sadly running out.
evensteadiereddie wrote:

what I was doing on the Trotters board. Both my accounts, successful in different ways, were brilliant wind-up jobs although the inevitable bans did make life a tad difficult at times
[/b][/size][/quote]
evensteadiereddie wrote:It was, to be fair, pretty interesting to see how you could manipulate others' thinking. Nothing "split personality" about that, chap, far from it - two uses of different persona. That's why I did it
[/b][/size][/quote]

evensteadiereddie wrote:i Was happy to spend time on the Bolton board engaged in guerilla verbal warfare
evensteadiereddie wrote:I ran one account as a legit BFC fan enjoying the er, banter with some of their lads. Occasionally it went too far and one lad, Mallorca Trotter, bless him, had my BFC fan account shut. No problem - new user name, tone it all down a bit and off we went. The other account, never questioned, was a ****-take from start to finish, posting stuff just to see how gullible some of those fools were.

Mala591
Been Liked: 685 times
Has Liked: 429 times

Post by Mala591 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:48 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Crikey, Mays I think.

NI only is even sillier
The EU offered a Irish Sea trade border but (under pressure from the DUP) May rejected it. The DUP are understandably concerned that a trade border down the Irish Sea will increase trade friction between NI and GB - BUT - this solution would completely remove the problem of an Irish land border.

lmo our parliament should debate the pros and cons of this possible solution and indicate whether there would be cross party support for it or not.
Last edited by Mala591 on Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:51 pm

Mala591 wrote:The EU offered a North Sea trade border but (under pressure from the DUP) May rejected it. The DUP are understandably concerned that a trade border down the Irish Sea will increase trade friction between NI and GB - BUT - this solution would completely remove the problem of an Irish land border.

lmo our parliament should debate the pros and cons of this possible solution and indicate whether there would be cross party support for it or not.
To be honest, we really ,really need to look at EFTA again.

But I suspect the time for that is past, we are at either "remain" or "No Deal"

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:51 pm

I’ve said it before, but I bears repetition, I seriously think that RingoMcCartney is mentally ill.
This user liked this post: SalouClaret

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:52 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Nah, its not what brexiteers do.

An "X" on a ballot paper is more our thing.

The Establishment and Remoaners don't, but we still have faith in democracy.

Call us old fashioned.. ......
Funny that, i was quoting your Spiritual Leader and Poster Boy Farage ;)

Cryssys
Been Liked: 141 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Cryssys » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:53 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:And yet those that want to ignore the largest expression of democracy this nation has ever witnessed, refuse to flush out the "illiberal elite currently in government," by a having a general election!

Because watching you squirm, froth and gnash your teeth is such good entertainment that nobody wants it to stop.

SalouClaret
Been Liked: 340 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by SalouClaret » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:03 pm

I catch up with this thread every few days. What a contradicting plant pot Ringo is.
This user liked this post: Devils_Advocate

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3342 times
Has Liked: 1964 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:12 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:I’ve said it before, but I bears repetition, I seriously think that RingoMcCartney is mentally ill.
He’s this messageboards greatest ever find.

Whenever I get fed up of hearing about Brexit I stop and smile and think “at least it gave us Ringo”

Hours of fun.
These 3 users liked this post: Greenmile LeuvenClaret nil_desperandum

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:14 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:I’ve said it before, but I bears repetition, I seriously think that RingoMcCartney is mentally ill.
No need for concern for me. I'm just like 17.4 million voters who simply believe that the result of the largest single expression of democracy this nation has ever witnessed, should actually be implemented.

And when another poster reckons I'd actually get off on , and going through the myther of logging in and logging out in another name. When they, themselves boasted of

evensteadiereddie wrote:

I did it a few years ago on a Bolton Wanderers boardOne account being the hostile, gleeful Burnley fan, the other a long-suffering Trotters fan with patience sadly running out.
evensteadiereddie wrote:

what I was doing on the Trotters board. Both my accounts, successful in different ways, were brilliant wind-up jobs although the inevitable bans did make life a tad difficult at times
[/b][/size][/quote]
evensteadiereddie wrote:It was, to be fair, pretty interesting to see how you could manipulate others' thinking. Nothing "split personality" about that, chap, far from it - two uses of different persona. That's why I did it
[/b][/size][/quote]

evensteadiereddie wrote:i Was happy to spend time on the Bolton board engaged in guerilla verbal warfare
:lol: :lol: :lol:
evensteadiereddie wrote:I ran one account as a legit BFC fan enjoying the er, banter with some of their lads. Occasionally it went too far and one lad, Mallorca Trotter, bless him, had my BFC fan account shut. No problem - new user name, tone it all down a bit and off we went. The other account, never questioned, was a ****-take from start to finish, posting stuff just to see how gullible some of those fools were.

And you reckon you're concerned about my mental well being!

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:18 pm

SalouClaret wrote:I catch up with this thread every few days. What a contradicting plant pot Ringo is.
Yeah a contradicting plant pot that gets the better of every remoaner on here , on a regular basis.

What does that make them in your, garden shed related ,rankings!!

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:21 pm

Cryssys wrote:Because watching you squirm, froth and gnash your teeth is such good entertainment that nobody wants it to stop.
The only people squirming frothing and gnashing their teeth are those whove been doing it since the 2016 Peoples Vote.

That they lost.

Grrrrrrrr!...

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:23 pm

ZizkovClaret wrote:Funny that, i was quoting your Spiritual Leader and Poster Boy Farage ;)
I dont need a leader.

The ballot box is just fine, ta.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5560 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:23 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Yeah a contradicting plant pot that gets the better of every remoaner on here , on a regular basis.

What does that make them in your, garden shed related ,rankings!!

By "get the better of" I think you mean "shout longer and louder". The two are, of course, very different things.

SalouClaret
Been Liked: 340 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by SalouClaret » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:24 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Yeah a contradicting plant pot that gets the better of every remoaner on here

Aww I was hoping you'd use your favoured term of schooled. I voted leave by the way, but I stand by plant pot assertion.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3767 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:25 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:No need for concern for me. I'm just like 17.4 million voters who simply believe that the result of the largest single expression of democracy this nation has ever witnessed, should actually be implemented.

And when another poster reckons I'd actually get off on , and going through the myther of logging in and logging out in another name. When they, themselves boasted of

[/b][/size]
[/b][/size][/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And you reckon you're concerned about my mental well being![/quote]

You’re like one of those blokes that walks up and down the road shouting the same thing over and over again unaware no one is listening.

However, you have successfully managed to change the subject again because you were being asked hard questions, that’s why you do it.
Last edited by martin_p on Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2819 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:28 pm

British laws for British people.
These 2 users liked this post: ZizkovClaret Anonymous

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:33 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:By "get the better of" I think you mean "shout longer and louder". The two are, of course, very different things.
You're correct.

I practise the former.

But thanks for the clarification.

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:38 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:

And you reckon you're concerned about my mental well being!
Oh please, don’t for one minute think I’m concerned about your wellbeing.
This user liked this post: Bordeauxclaret

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5560 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:43 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:You're correct.

I practise the former.

But thanks for the clarification.
Keep practising; you might get the hang of it one day.

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:43 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:I dont need a leader.
Going by what you spout on here, you need a bloody carer

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:48 pm

martin_p wrote:

You’re like one of those blokes that walks up and down the road shouting the same thing over and over again unaware no one is listening.

However, you have successfully managed to change the subject again because you were being asked hard questions, that’s why you do it.
You ask me the question you reckon I've avoided. I'll answer it.

Ill ask you a question that you've been avoiding answering for months. You answer it .

Back in September last year I said the John Bercows role would be pivotal.

Your response-

[quote="martin_p"]You do know it's not Bercow that will define what the vote is don't you? He's just the facilitator Wrongo.[/quote]

Was i right and were you wrong.

Yes

Or

No?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:50 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:Keep practising; you might get the hang of it one day.

I do the more I practice the easier it gets!

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:55 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:You ask me the question you reckon I've avoided. I'll answer it.

Ill ask you a question that you've been avoiding answering for months. You answer it .

Back in September last year I said the John Bercows role would be pivotal.

Your response-

Was i right and were you wrong.

Yes

Or

No?
I’ve answered the question more than once, I’m not doing it again. I thought you were against continually asking the same question until you got the answer you wanted.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3083 times
Has Liked: 5064 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:23 pm

aggi wrote:This may have gone differently if we didn't have a PM with a track record of lying.

As it is there's nothing to stop the MPs voting for another election and Johnson going "Oh, you know that election we talked about having on 14th October, now that you've voted it's going to be 14th November instead. By the way, whilst Parliament is dissolved for an election we'll be leaving the EU with no deal".

I can only assume that you weren't aware of this.
He had his mandate from the referendum to leave.
Putting that aside, you are missing the point.
We have never gone through a session in Parliament like the last year. The Speaker breaking with tradition and siding with the opponents of Leave. The opposition forcing the PM to rule out a no deal, knowing that just by doing that his chances of getting a deal squashed. Taking the government to court over the prorogation of Parliament, something that has happened lots of times in the past. Winning that legal battle against all the grain and history of the past with a panel of judges ingrained in the very EU mantle most of the country are trying to leave. Refusing the opportunity to go to the country to give some authority to what they are doing.
In fact they have acted exactly as the EU does. Hardly surprising when it's the EU that is wagging the dog.
The EU has a history of not accepting referendums that go against them. They have a history of imposing second votes on anything that goes against the grand plan. They wont want another referendum until they are sure they can win it. They wont want another GE, unless they can be sure that a Remain leaning Government can be installed. It's their modem modem operandi.
Everything the remainers in the house have done, is exactly why I voted Leave in the first place, an undemocratic power unto itself, that doesn't care what the people think, or what the people want, we are irrelevant to their plans, and the last thing they want is our opinion. All the while the country, and especially businesses stagnate, because they haven't a clue what is around the corner.

It could all be easily resolved. Go to the people, let them have a say AGAIN, call a GE. Only that isnt how democracy works within the EU. They'll wait until they think they can win a second referendum, or have a Remain government, and if they think they cant win either, they wont even give us the chance. They'll get muppet Corbyn or one his co conspirators to flag up a coalition in order to force us to Remain.
Everything that's taken place over the last 6 months proves everything I ever argued against the EU for.
These 2 users liked this post: summitclaret KateR

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:24 pm

After Brexit, Chris Eubank will legally become Chris Bank.

(from Fretters)
This user liked this post: martin_p

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:34 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:It could all be easily resolved. Go to the people, let them have a say AGAIN, call a GE.
But what happens if we are still left with a hung parliament after another GE?

Where would we go from there?

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:35 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:He had his mandate from the referendum to leave.
Putting that aside, you are missing the point.
We have never gone through a session in Parliament like the last year. The Speaker breaking with tradition and siding with the opponents of Leave. The opposition forcing the PM to rule out a no deal, knowing that just by doing that his chances of getting a deal squashed. Taking the government to court over the prorogation of Parliament, something that has happened lots of times in the past. Winning that legal battle against all the grain and history of the past with a panel of judges ingrained in the very EU mantle most of the country are trying to leave. Refusing the opportunity to go to the country to give some authority to what they are doing.
In fact they have acted exactly as the EU does. Hardly surprising when it's the EU that is wagging the dog.
The EU has a history of not accepting referendums that go against them. They have a history of imposing second votes on anything that goes against the grand plan. They wont want another referendum until they are sure they can win it. They wont want another GE, unless they can be sure that a Remain leaning Government can be installed. It's their modem modem operandi.
Everything the remainers in the house have done, is exactly why I voted Leave in the first place, an undemocratic power unto itself, that doesn't care what the people think, or what the people want, we are irrelevant to their plans, and the last thing they want is our opinion. All the while the country, and especially businesses stagnate, because they haven't a clue what is around the corner.

It could all be easily resolved. Go to the people, let them have a say AGAIN, call a GE. Only that isnt how democracy works within the EU. They'll wait until they think they can win a second referendum, or have a Remain government, and if they think they cant win either, they wont even give us the chance. They'll get muppet Corbyn or one his co conspirators to flag up a coalition in order to force us to Remain.
Everything that's taken place over the last 6 months proves everything I ever argued against the EU for.
It was clear when you were claiming the EU were undemocratic that you didn’t know how it worked, so it’s no surprise that you’re now claiming our own democratically elected parliament is undemocratic. It seems that the only democratic thing that has happened in the last four years is the EU referendum.
This user liked this post: Greenmile

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:38 pm

martin_p wrote:I’ve answered the question more than once, I’m not doing it again. I thought you were against continually asking the same question until you got the answer you wanted.

If only it were true Marty!

And everytime you say it, I simply say, well it wont do any harm answering it again will it!

But you and I both know what happens next.

You consider yourself schooled , and I agree!

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:40 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:Oh please, don’t for one minute think I’m concerned about your wellbeing.
I dont.

That's why I said "reckon" to be concerned.

Remoaners, what yer like!

:lol:

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:42 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote::lol: :lol:

If only it were true Marty!

And everytime you say it, I simply say, well it wont do any harm answering it again will it!

But you and I both know what happens next.

You consider yourself schooled , and I agree!

I think I’m close to agreeing with Beamishes ‘mental Issues’ conclusion. You’re certainly at the very least extremely odd. I’ve heard you on the radio so I know you’re a grown man, but it’s certainly not apparent from how you deal with challenge on here.

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4263 times

Post by Greenmile » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:43 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:And isn't it ironic, that the above post was made by someone who admited having several accounts in different names! And true to form, its "liked" by , me and my shadow, Greenmile!!
RingoMcCartney wrote:You could not make it up! :lol: :lol:

aggi
Been Liked: 2123 times

Post by aggi » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:50 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:It could all be easily resolved. Go to the people, let them have a say AGAIN, call a GE.
I'm not sure whether you're entirely missing the point or don't understand it.

To repeat what I posted earlier As it is there's nothing to stop the MPs voting for another election and Johnson going "Oh, you know that election we talked about having on 14th October, now that you've voted it's going to be 14th November instead. By the way, whilst Parliament is dissolved for an election we'll be leaving the EU with no deal".

Why would any of the parties opt to have an election now when there is the risk of the above happening? It's not like Johnson has proved himself to be honest and trustworthy so far.
These 2 users liked this post: LeuvenClaret longsidepies