Brexit: Uniting the Country Since 31/01/2020

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Devils_Advocate » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:48 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:So why when challenged did they not do a vote of no confidence.

Cause they are scared of the people
They'll do it when they are good and ready and not because this so called PM and and a bunch of Brexiteers are desperately begging for it.

The Tory's have p*ssed around for over 3 years so another month wont kill them
This user liked this post: longsidepies

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5553 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:49 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:They might work at the hotel that had all rooms booked out that got cancelled or the restaurants or the bars.

All the big spenders on expenses is a dream come true for the city.
Also, the big spenders on expenses will account for a very small percentage of conference attendees.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:50 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:They might work at the hotel that had all rooms booked out that got cancelled or the restaurants or the bars.

All the big spenders on expenses is a dream come true for the city.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Goalposts
Been Liked: 562 times
Has Liked: 142 times

Post by Goalposts » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:51 pm

parliamentarians of all parties are shameful and everyone of them should not be there after the next general election
This user liked this post: Quickenthetempo

aggi
Been Liked: 2117 times

Post by aggi » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:55 pm

Johnson:

"the best way to honour the memory of Jo Cox and indeed the best way to bring this country together would be, I think, to get Brexit done".

You've really got to wonder how he thought that was a good idea

martin_p
Been Liked: 3765 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:01 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:So why when challenged did they not do a vote of no confidence.

Cause they are scared of the people
It’d be useful if you’d read and digested the answer to this question the other 100 times it’s been asked on this thread.

Walton
Been Liked: 792 times
Has Liked: 242 times

Post by Walton » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:04 pm

The Brexit lot on here really do live up to the Brexiteer stereotypes don't they.
These 2 users liked this post: fidelcastro Siddo

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5185 times
Has Liked: 803 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:05 pm

martin_p wrote:It’d be useful if you’d read and digested the answer to this question the other 100 times it’s been asked on this thread.
That word again, 'uncertainty'.

It's a wonder how some get out of bed in a morning, what with the 'uncertainty' of how the day is going to go.

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1259 times
Has Liked: 1368 times

Post by Elizabeth » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:19 pm

Corbyn and the Labour Party are a disgrace and I hope they get the pasting they deserve at the next General Election.

If the PM does somehow agree another deal there isn't a cat in hells chance Corbyn and the Labour Party intend to support it.

Any new deal if it is to pass will need Kinnock's group to tell Corbyn, Watson, McDonnell and the fat woman to get lost(sorry I've forgotten her name)

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1507 times
Has Liked: 580 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:20 pm

Goalposts wrote:parliamentarians of all parties are shameful and everyone of them should not be there after the next general election
This isn’t Facebook.

If it be your will
Been Liked: 500 times
Has Liked: 509 times

Post by If it be your will » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:22 pm

Walton wrote:The Brexit lot on here really do live up to the Brexiteer stereotypes don't they.
Well, go on, what exactly is that stereotype, then?? Be really bold, searingly honest, like!

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:24 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:Different perspectives but tonight was a 3 hour party political broadcast for the Tory party and Johnson in particular. I thought Corbyn was going to start crying at one point, his response to Johnson was pathetic. Then for the next 3 hours it was a number of politicians desperate to hear their own voice and make a contribution to Hansard repeating the same question. What made it worse was the continual shouting and braying - how many times did Burscow have to intervene?
Really? You must have had Tory specs on. The government is on the ropes, and today it showed. A PM shouting essentially “come and have a go, if you think you’re hard enough” is a bit of a joke. Johnson’s character was attacked over and over again. The election will come, but before it takes place Johnson will be held up as the idiot he is for all to see.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:27 pm

Elizabeth wrote:Corbyn and the Labour Party are a disgrace and I hope they get the pasting they deserve at the next General Election.

If the PM does somehow agree another deal there isn't a cat in hells chance Corbyn and the Labour Party intend to support it.

Any new deal if it is to pass will need Kinnock's group to tell Corbyn, Watson, McDonnell and the fat woman to get lost(sorry I've forgotten her name)
And yet you don't have a problem with a PM making political capital out of a murdered MP!

At least it's obvious where your priorities lie.
These 3 users liked this post: fidelcastro longsidepies Siddo

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:29 pm

Elizabeth wrote:Corbyn and the Labour Party are a disgrace and I hope they get the pasting they deserve at the next General Election.

1/10

HieronymousBoschHobs
Been Liked: 140 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by HieronymousBoschHobs » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:34 pm

The problem now is that the right wing Brexit ultras don't want a democracy, they want a tyranny of the majority where anyone who thinks differently can go to hell.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:34 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:1/10
Generous.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:37 pm

martin_p wrote:Generous.
I didn't want to confuse him/her by using decimals.

timshorts
Been Liked: 413 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by timshorts » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:44 pm

Walton wrote:Where Crosspool says 52% of the public, don't forget that he actually means around 26% of the population.
Of which how many actually do their own shopping?

I can't see the Rees moggs wandering around waitrose with their family every week. There would be some servant or other to perform such a menial task. Then, 3 years on, given the average age of a brexiteer, how many are in care having to rely on immigrants to perform various functions, or have shuffled off to that other place, where, clearly, they have been allocated one of the lord's many rooms that only allow British passport holders entrance to.

timshorts
Been Liked: 413 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by timshorts » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:46 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:I didn't want to confuse him/her by using decimals.
Too right. We should have stuck to imperial measurements and good old pounds shillings and pence. None of that foreign rubbish for good old England.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:46 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:The EU want us out now. The penny has finally dropped. Economies are slowing - and that is before 52% of the public enact a boycott on EU goods, Irish beef, German cars etc.

Boris is PM of a hugely powerful country. Add that to the mix and a way will be found for us to gently exit.

I expect a deal in 3 weeks.

(Saying that, I put on here in 2016 that we would never leave, so I wouldn’t rule that out, but the wind seems to be blowing in the deal direction now, thanks to the rabid Remainers, incompetent buffoons that they are, they had Remain in the cusp of their hand but I sense they have blown it. Not long to see if I am right).
Once you've sobered up you might regret what you've written! :)

If it be your will

Post by If it be your will » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:56 pm

Flipping heck! Have a look down this page, remainers. Drunk, old, thick, decrepit, dead, stereotypical...

And it is us leavers that are using inflammatory language?

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:09 am

If it be your will wrote:Flipping heck! Have a look down this page, remainers. Drunk, old, thick, decrepit, dead, stereotypical...

And it is us leavers that are using inflammatory language?
That language is mostly all your own. And why do you think ‘old’ is inflammatory?

If it be your will

Post by If it be your will » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:20 am

martin_p wrote:That language is mostly all your own. And why do you think ‘old’ is inflammatory?
Must I? Ok...
The Brexit lot on here really do live up to the Brexiteer stereotypes don't they.
I didn't want to confuse him/her by using decimals.
how many are in care having to rely on immigrants to perform various functions
Of which how many actually do their own shopping?
shuffled off to that other place
Once you've sobered up
There, martin_p. None of my language there. All in the space of what, 10 posts? I think my representation was rather kind, if anything.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:30 am

Nothing from today makes suspending parliament seem undemocratic.
It appears the remainers only hope of remaining, is that the electorate get bored of brexit before they are forced to make a descision one way or another.
It's not working though is it? They will have to face the public eventually

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 930 times

Post by CombatClaret » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:11 am

Damo wrote:Nothing from today makes suspending parliament seem undemocratic.
The highest court in the land unanimously found that by suspending parliament for 5 weeks was unlawful.

"because it had the effect of frustrating or preventing the ability of parliament to carry out its constitutional functions without reasonable justification".

And that doesn't seem undemocratic to you..? Stopping the entire machinery of our democracy.
These 5 users liked this post: longsidepies Siddo Lord Beamish Greenmile fidelcastro

AndyClaret
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 543 times

Post by AndyClaret » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:05 am

Spijed wrote:Brendan Cox

@MrBrendanCox
Feel a bit sick at Jo’s name being used in this way. The best way to honour Jo is for all of us (no matter our views) to stand up for what we believe in, passionately and with determination. But never to demonise the other side and always hold onto what we have in common.
Says a self-confessed sex offender.

AndyClaret
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 543 times

Post by AndyClaret » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:16 am

aggi wrote:Johnson:

"the best way to honour the memory of Jo Cox and indeed the best way to bring this country together would be, I think, to get Brexit done".

You've really got to wonder how he thought that was a good idea
Boris fell into Labours trap, only Labour are allowed to invoke Jo Cox to score cheap, political points.

https://order-order.com/2016/06/20/will-straw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This user liked this post: Burnley Ace

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:51 am

AndyClaret wrote:Says a self-confessed sex offender.
So her husband isn't allowed to stand up for her?

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 654 times
Has Liked: 2894 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:58 am

CombatClaret wrote:The highest court in the land unanimously found that by suspending parliament for 5 weeks was unlawful.

"because it had the effect of frustrating or preventing the ability of parliament to carry out its constitutional functions without reasonable justification".

And that doesn't seem undemocratic to you..? Stopping the entire machinery of our democracy.
And the second highest Court in the land didn’t. Should those three Law Lords resign in shame?

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:14 am

If it be your will wrote:Must I? Ok...

There, martin_p. None of my language there. All in the space of what, 10 posts? I think my representation was rather kind, if anything.
So which of the words you quoted are in that list? As I said, the ‘language’ is your own, e.g. where does it say ‘decrepit’? It’s you that’s equated someone in care with decrepit!
Last edited by martin_p on Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hipper
Been Liked: 1177 times

Post by Hipper » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:03 am

When the Supreme Court found against Johnson's action they actually changed the effect of the law. It's perfectly understandable that such a law could have been 'broken' (read misinterpreted) as it may well have been in the past according to this judgement. As the Attorney General said, it will take time to understand the full implications of this decision and if Parliament - the law makers - feel something needs to change, they can change it.

Johnson breaking this law is not a clear cut decision like stealing something although his opponents would like us to think so.

In the case of Johnson using the Jo Cox incident, I believe that her name was brought up in a Labour question and he merely answered.

More interesting was the Attorney General's performance earlier where at one point he went off on a rant about this Parliament, describing it as 'a disgrace'. It's hard not to agree with him.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:07 am

Hipper wrote:When the Supreme Court found against Johnson's action they actually changed the effect of the law. It's perfectly understandable that such a law could have been 'broken' (read misinterpreted) as it may well have been in the past according to this judgement. As the Attorney General said, it will take time to understand the full implications of this decision and if Parliament - the law makers - feel something needs to change, they can change it.

Johnson breaking this law is not a clear cut decision like stealing something although his opponents would like us to think so.

In the case of Johnson using the Jo Cox incident, I believe that her name was brought up in a Labour question and he merely answered.

More interesting was the Attorney General's performance earlier where at one point he went off on a rant about this Parliament, describing it as 'a disgrace'. It's hard not to agree with him.
You come across well on here Hipper, but "merely answered" is ********.

Rhetoric has consequences, as we've already seen, and as the the PM of the whole country he should be leading from the front in calming it down, not dialling it up.

It really is that simple.

And the result in the supreme court wasn't ambiguous in any way. It wasn't 52-48, it was 11-0.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:12 am

AndyClaret wrote:Says a self-confessed sex offender.
We stand here in the presence of the greatest ever use of "whataboutery"

Please take a moment to appreciate that you were there when it happened.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:12 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:Labour and Lib Dems expected to block the Tory conference in Manchester.
At a huge cost to the city. Millions of pounds not coming to the local economy.

It won't be popular with northern voters.
So what if they delay the Nuremberg Rally by another year?
This user liked this post: fidelcastro

aggi

Post by aggi » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:27 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:We stand here in the presence of the greatest ever use of "whataboutery"

Please take a moment to appreciate that you were there when it happened.
Sidney's going to have to up his game.
These 2 users liked this post: Lancasterclaret Greenmile

aggi

Post by aggi » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:31 am

AndyClaret wrote:Boris fell into Labours trap, only Labour are allowed to invoke Jo Cox to score cheap, political points.

https://order-order.com/2016/06/20/will-straw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I guess if you're desperate enough for Brexit to excuse anything that Johnson does then you can equate a private email setting out the current sentiment with the Prime Minister saying that best way to honour an MP who was murdered by a far right extremist is to push Brexit through.

At times though, regardless of what side you're on, it's ok to just say "yeah, they shouldn't have done that".

LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1600 times
Has Liked: 679 times

Post by LoveCurryPies » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:47 am

More lies from Gove...

In the Commons, he told the house "The automotive sector, who I met this week, confirmed that they were ready, the retail sector said they were ready."

However, the BBC are reporting business leaders say "There's no way that is the message he could have gone away with."

The meeting was attended by Aston Martin, the British Ceramic Confederation, Ford, Make UK, Toyota and the SMMT.

When asked if Mr Gove had been told by the car industry that it was ready, replied: "No! We said we are planning as best we can, but cannot prepare for all eventualities and tariffs alone undermine our viability. We want a deal. No deal is not an option. Catastrophic."

Another organisation present told the BBC that the Commons' claims did not "bear reality", that bigger car companies said they had prepared as far as they can, but there was "no preparing" for developments such as tariffs.

:roll:

They are lying to us. They haven't a f****** clue. They are gambling on a no deal because non of them have the ability to negotiate a better deal than May's deal. The thing that really annoys, is they won't suffer if it all goes tits up....it will be your families.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:58 am

Hipper wrote:More interesting was the Attorney General's performance earlier where at one point he went off on a rant about this Parliament, describing it as 'a disgrace'. It's hard not to agree with him.
What happens if we still have a hung parliament after the next GE then?

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1882 times
Has Liked: 840 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:59 am

aggi wrote:I guess if you're desperate enough for Brexit to excuse anything that Johnson does then you can equate a private email setting out the current sentiment with the Prime Minister saying that best way to honour an MP who was murdered by a far right extremist is to push Brexit through.

At times though, regardless of what side you're on, it's ok to just say "yeah, they shouldn't have done that".
Common human decency is so last year.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1152 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:44 am

aggi wrote:I guess if you're desperate enough for Brexit to excuse anything that Johnson does then you can equate a private email setting out the current sentiment with the Prime Minister saying that best way to honour an MP who was murdered by a far right extremist is to push Brexit through.

Boris was actually answering a question about the language and rhetoric being used in the house , when Paula Sherriff referenced Jo Cox . Let’s not let the facts get in the way though .

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:47 am

AlargeClaret wrote:Boris was actually answering a question about the language and rhetoric being used in the house , when Paula Sherriff referenced Jo Cox . Let’s not let the facts get in the way though .
Which bit of aggi’s post is wrong?

If it be your will

Post by If it be your will » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:47 am

martin_p wrote:So which of the words you quoted are in that list? As I said, the ‘language’ is your name own, e.g. where does it say ‘decrepit’? It’s you that’s equated someone in care with decrepit!
You're being ridiculous, and what's more, you know you are. Sometimes it's easier just to concede the point (in this case that inflammatory language clearly isn't confined to either side), rather than dragging out a pointless irrelevant argument based on technicalities. You're always doing that. Ringo always does it too, which is why I largely ignore everything he writes.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1882 times
Has Liked: 840 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:55 am

If it be your will wrote:You're being ridiculous, and what's more, you know you are. Sometimes it's easier just to concede the point (in this case that inflammatory language clearly isn't confined to either side), rather than dragging out a pointless irrelevant argument based on technicalities. You're always doing that. Ringo always does it too, which is why I largely ignore everything he writes.
Ignoring everything Ringo writes! See there is common ground in all this!

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:58 am

If it be your will wrote:You're being ridiculous, and what's more, you know you are. Sometimes it's easier just to concede the point (in this case that inflammatory language clearly isn't confined to either side), rather than dragging out a pointless irrelevant argument based on technicalities. You're always doing that. Ringo always does it too, which is why I largely ignore everything he writes.
No I’m not, your whole point and the thing Johnson is being criticised for is inflammatory language. That means the words chosen to make a point. No one has a problem with the fact that Johnson hates the Benn Bill but they do have a problem with him calling it ‘the surrender Bill’. It means the same thing but the language is inflammatory. In the same way you chose to represent points being made using inflammatory terms such as ‘decrepit’ which weren’t used or intended in the original post. As I said, the inflammatory language was yours.

This is exactly the sort of thing Wrongo does, takes someone’s point and rewrites it using inflammatory language to make it look ten times worse.
This user liked this post: Greenmile

If it be your will

Post by If it be your will » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:06 am

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:Ignoring everything Ringo writes! See there is common ground in all this!
It's getting like that 9-day test match of 1939 https://www.sportskeeda.com/cricket/tim ... ch-history" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Everyone just wants to shake hands and go home, but nobody quite knows how.

aggi

Post by aggi » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:18 am

AlargeClaret wrote:Boris was actually answering a question about the language and rhetoric being used in the house , when Paula Sherriff referenced Jo Cox . Let’s not let the facts get in the way though .
I'm sure you can point out which bit of my post wasn't factually incorrect.

Jo Cox was being used as an illustration why using inflammatory, loaded language in the house of commons was a bad idea. I find it difficult to criticise that.

The exact question:
We are hearing from the Prime Minister words such as the “humiliation” Act, the “surrender” Act, and the “capitulation” Act. All of these words suggest that we, because we disagree with him, are traitors, that we are not patriots, but nothing could be further from the truth. Now this may be a strategy to set the people against the establishment, but I would like to gently suggest that he is the establishment and we are still people. As the woman who has taken over the seat that was left by our dear friend, Jo Cox, may I ask him, in all honesty, as a human being that, going forward, will he please, please moderate his language so that we will all feel secure when we are going about our jobs?

If you really think that a good answer to this was refusing to accept that the language was wrong (and doubling down on it) and then saying that the best way to honour Jo Cox would be to get Brexit done isn't misjudged then so be it. I think since he's come into power Johnson is showing that he's a terrible orator and his inability to think before he speaks is biting him, and the country, on the arse and stuff likes this doesn't win over anyone but the most rabid of brexiteers.

The surest fire way—[Interruption.] Well, no. Of course there will be an attempt to try to obfuscate the effect of this Act—the capitulation Act, the surrender Act or whatever you want to call it. It does—[Interruption.] I am sorry, but it greatly enfeebles this Government’s ability to negotiate. What I will say is that the best way to honour the memory of Jo Cox, and indeed to bring this country together, would be, I think, to get Brexit done. I absolutely do. It is the continuing inability of this Parliament to get Brexit done that is causing the anxiety and the ill-feeling that is now rampant in our country. If we get it done, we will solve the problem.

aggi

Post by aggi » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:21 am

I don't agree with all of the comments but sometimes you have to be free to say that someone who writes something really stupid is writing something really stupid. I seem to remember what prompted this was Crosspool saying that 52% of the public were going to boycott EU goods.

If you can't take the mick out of that for being a stupid comment then where are we, just blindly agreeing to stupid stuff?

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:28 am

One thing that is abundantly clear from last night is that there has to be something said today by the government that is akin to an apology for both the reaction to the supreme court defeat and the actions in parliament yesterday.

A Conservative government attacking both the judiciary and parliament is a massive own goal. There are only so many UKIP/Brexit party voters out there.

Right_winger
Been Liked: 492 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by Right_winger » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:28 am

aggi wrote:I'm sure you can point out which bit of my post wasn't factually incorrect.

Jo Cox was being used as an illustration why using inflammatory, loaded language in the house of commons was a bad idea. I find it difficult to criticise that.

The exact question:
We are hearing from the Prime Minister words such as the “humiliation” Act, the “surrender” Act, and the “capitulation” Act. All of these words suggest that we, because we disagree with him, are traitors, that we are not patriots, but nothing could be further from the truth. Now this may be a strategy to set the people against the establishment, but I would like to gently suggest that he is the establishment and we are still people. As the woman who has taken over the seat that was left by our dear friend, Jo Cox, may I ask him, in all honesty, as a human being that, going forward, will he please, please moderate his language so that we will all feel secure when we are going about our jobs?

If you really think that a good answer to this was refusing to accept that the language was wrong (and doubling down on it) and then saying that the best way to honour Jo Cox would be to get Brexit done isn't misjudged then so be it. I think since he's come into power Johnson is showing that he's a terrible orator and his inability to think before he speaks is biting him, and the country, on the arse and stuff likes this doesn't win over anyone but the most rabid of brexiteers.

The surest fire way—[Interruption.] Well, no. Of course there will be an attempt to try to obfuscate the effect of this Act—the capitulation Act, the surrender Act or whatever you want to call it. It does—[Interruption.] I am sorry, but it greatly enfeebles this Government’s ability to negotiate. What I will say is that the best way to honour the memory of Jo Cox, and indeed to bring this country together, would be, I think, to get Brexit done. I absolutely do. It is the continuing inability of this Parliament to get Brexit done that is causing the anxiety and the ill-feeling that is now rampant in our country. If we get it done, we will solve the problem.
It’s tit for tat stuff but at the end of the day what Boris is saying is Pretty much spot on.

It always annoys me when one side like to dish it out but can’t take flak coming back.
This user liked this post: KateR

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:32 am

Right_winger wrote:It’s tit for tat stuff but at the end of the day what Boris is saying is Pretty much spot on.

It always annoys me when one side like to dish it out but can’t take flak coming back.
Tit for tat?

The conversation essentially goes:

Q: can the PM please moderate his language as it’s causing MPs to get threats
A: **** off!