Brexit: Uniting the Country Since 31/01/2020

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:56 am

TheFamilyCat wrote:Ah, ringo. I wondered if you'd be back when the pubs shut.

Seems once more you've failed to provide any evidence that anyone said that the plant would close.

I haven't contested that there were warnings that jobs could be at risk. It seems that translating "jobs could be at risk" to "the plant will close" is purely in your mind (and probably common amongst brexiteers).

Ironic isn't it really when you are the one accusing others of "project fear"?

Ps, I don't need you to tell me about the Nissan Juke again as I'm well aware of it and it isn't relevant to this particular exchange (which is about you providing some evidence to support something you have claimed in case you'd forgottten).
I provided bona fide links (money week and financial times) that proved that, prior to the referendum, the viability of the Sunderland Nissan plant was brought into question.

Your point blank refusal to accept the clear as day reality typifies your what lengths EU nationalist zealots are prepared to go to.

Please seek professional help and support .

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:56 am

martin_p wrote:Erm.... it means jobs are at risk. You seem to be confusing that with the plant shutting down.

You must really **** yourself at the e end of every season when we release players if that’s the connection you make. Oh no! They’re shutting the club down!!

I provided bona fide links (money week and financial times) that proved that, prior to the referendum, the viability of the Sunderland Nissan plant was brought into question.

Your point blank refusal to accept the clear as day reality typifies your what lengths EU nationalist zealots are prepared to go to.

Please seek professional help and support

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:57 am

aggi wrote:Maybe Ringo is a closet remainer. In his rush to turn it off it seems he entirely missed the Head of Nissan Europe saying:

"The only message I can [give] is that if a no-deal will be associated with the application of 10% duties under the WTO rules, that will create an enormous problem for the overall European activities of Nissan Europe.

"If we will have to sustain 10% export duties on the vehicles that we export from UK to EU, knowing that those vehicles represent 70% of total production, the overall business model won't be sustainable.

"It's not a question of Sunderland, it's a question of the overall economic sustainability of our business [in Europe]."

Ringo also seems to have missed the news that it was originally going to be two models that were going to be built in Sunderland but the decision was made not to build the X-Trail there, in part due to Brexit uncertainty. If we shout Juke loud enough though it may gloss over the other issues.

Please seek professional help and support

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5553 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:00 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:Wrong.

I've long given up taking seriously the views and opinions of people so psychologically wedded to their evangelical europhile beliefs, even mocking them has become boring.
I don't think you've ever taken any view, opinion or FACT that is negative about Brexit seriously.

And as I said, you've given up trying to spin anything positive about it.

AndyClaret
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 543 times

Post by AndyClaret » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:03 am

New brexit mega poll puts leave in front when you exclude don't knows.

https://twitter.com/Andrew_ComRes/statu ... 85280?s=19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:07 am

How was the question worded Andy?

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:08 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:I provided bona fide links (money week and financial times) that proved that, prior to the referendum, the viability of the Sunderland Nissan plant was brought into question.

Please seek professional help and support .
If you think that anything in those links said "the plant will close" as you claimed then please seek literacy help and support.

I do see now though that you have changed your claim to "the viability was brought into question". Is that an admittance that you made it up? #ringosprojectfear

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:10 am

Mala591 wrote:I think that most of the English population (especially the ever increasing number of English atheists) look upon NI as a problem child which must now become more independent and should be encouraged to leave home. A massive financial goodbye 'gift' will obviously smooth the transition.
How have you arrived at that (most of the English population)? It was claimed in the Telegraph and Mail (I think), but no evidence was provided to back it up. Those papers are little more than propaganda sheets for the Conservative Party in any case.

AndyClaret

Post by AndyClaret » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:13 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:How was the question worded Andy?
"Thinking about leaving the EU, what is your preferred outcome"

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2819 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:13 am

AndyClaret wrote:New brexit mega poll puts leave in front when you exclude don't knows.

https://twitter.com/Andrew_ComRes/statu ... 85280?s=19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Of 26,000 adults who watch Jeremy Vine :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

willsclarets
Been Liked: 688 times
Has Liked: 133 times

Post by willsclarets » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:14 am

AndrewJB wrote:How have you arrived at that (most of the English population)? It was claimed in the Telegraph and Mail (I think), but no evidence was provided to back it up. Those papers are little more than propaganda sheets for the Conservative Party in any case.
Not to mention what a disrespectful and meaningless notion it is, that they need to "fly the nest" as though dependency on the UK was ever the issue.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Post by Tall Paul » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:14 am

AndyClaret wrote:New brexit mega poll puts leave in front when you exclude don't knows.

You're very selective in the polls you post links to.

Funny that.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:15 am

AndyClaret wrote:"Thinking about leaving the EU, what is your preferred outcome"
Could you provide the link to it?

(not that I don't trust you or anything, but you've got previous on polls! ;-) )

ClaretAndJew

Post by ClaretAndJew » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:16 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Could you provide the link to it?

(not that I don't trust you or anything, but you've got previous on polls! ;-) )
It's a poll of adults who are Jeremy Vine viewers.
This user liked this post: martin_p

martin_p
Been Liked: 3765 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:16 am

AndyClaret wrote:"Thinking about leaving the EU, what is your preferred outcome"
No, the 54% referenced in that tweet is in answer to the question about the uk abiding by the referendum result irrespective of how you voted, the 54% being yes it should.

The question you refer to gave a number of preferred outcomes and 50% in total went for either leave with deal or leave with no deal, 42% going for remain. What the poll doesn’t ask is how people would vote if there was to be another referendum.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:18 am

The Catalans had a referendum.

They want independence and self determination.

The violent suppression dished out by the Spanish police, which saw elderly old ladies being pulled out by their hair. Saw the tacit approval from the EU. At the time the EU said, the Spanish government's reaction was , "proportionate" !

This week the people who organised the Catalans independence referendum jailed for upto 13 years.

This dangerous, democracy denying attitude attitude is summed up at the entrance to the Visitors Centre of the European Parliament, there is a plaque with these words:

“National sovereignty is the root cause of the most crying evils of our times….The only final remedy for this evil is the federal union of the peoples.”

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:22 am

TheFamilyCat wrote:If you think that anything in those links said "the plant will close" as you claimed then please seek literacy help and support.

I do see now though that you have changed your claim to "the viability was brought into question". Is that an admittance that you made it up? #ringosprojectfear
Sunderland is still there and producing. Despite what the workers were told if they voted Leave.

Dry your eyes mate.

Seek professional advice and support from a grieving counselor or something! :lol:

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:24 am

Its commonly accepted the length and breadth of the country what was said about the Nissan factory in Sunderland prior to the referendum.

Their genuinely does seem to be a bizarre parallel universe on this message board. And the real extreme evangelical europhile remoaners are willing to make themselves sound really silly, by denying what every man and his dog knows what was said about Sunderland.

If I actually cared about their contorted view of what was said pre referendum, I'd be concerned for them.

As I couldn't care less. I dont!

Reasons to be cheerful :D
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

ClaretAndJew

Post by ClaretAndJew » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:26 am

What good would a grieving counsellor do?

Tall Paul

Post by Tall Paul » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:29 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:The Catalans had a referendum.

The violent suppression dished out by the Spanish police, which saw elderly old ladies being pulled out by their hair. Saw the tacit approval from the EU. At the time the EU said, the Spanish government's reaction was , "proportionate" !

This week the people who organised the Catalans independence referendum jailed for upto 13 years.
Would you have preferred the EU to intervene in something that was clearly a matter for the Spanish government to deal with?

AndyClaret

Post by AndyClaret » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:30 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Could you provide the link to it?

https://twitter.com/Andrew_ComRes/statu ... 85280?s=19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; click through, the tables are there.

willsclarets

Post by willsclarets » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:31 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:The Catalans had a referendum.

This dangerous, democracy denying attitude attitude is summed up at the entrance to the Visitors Centre of the European Parliament, there is a plaque with these words:

“National sovereignty is the root cause of the most crying evils of our times….The only final remedy for this evil is the federal union of the peoples.”
Now, you've shot yourself in the foot there haven't you.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:32 am

ClaretAndJew wrote:What good would a grieving counsellor do?
Help them though the grieving process that they seem to have found themselves in , ever since June 24th 2016.

Brexiteers-

"Democracy , it means sometimes you lose."

Heartbroken Remoaners-

"I'm not having it."

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:32 am

willsclarets wrote:Now, you've shot yourself in the foot there haven't you.

No.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:37 am

Tall Paul wrote:Would you have preferred the EU to intervene in something that was clearly a matter for the Spanish government to deal with?
I'd have preferred the EU to condemn the violence dished out to peaceful people, many elderly , simply carrying out their democratic expression of independence and self determination.

The bullying and vicious abuse of power that was broadcast across the world by the Spanish police was , in my opinion, absolutely not "proportionate" as the EU described it.

I'm old fashioned like that.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:38 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:Its commonly accepted the length and breadth of the country what was said about the Nissan factory in Sunderland prior to the referendum.

Their genuinely does seem to be a bizarre parallel universe on this message board. And the real extreme evangelical europhile remoaners are willing to make themselves sound really silly, by denying what every man and his dog knows what was said about Sunderland.

If I actually cared about their contorted view of what was said pre referendum, I'd be concerned for them.

If it was commonly accepted just provide one example of someone saying the plant would close if people voted to leave. And just to help you out reducing the workforce isn’t the same as closing.

aggi
Been Liked: 2116 times

Post by aggi » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:38 am

TheFamilyCat wrote:If you think that anything in those links said "the plant will close" as you claimed then please seek literacy help and support.

Ringo moving the goalposts when he's realised that people have actually called him out on his hyperbole and he can't back it up. I've never seen that before. Honest.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:41 am

And evangelical europhile EU nationalist zealots think this is "proportionate"

Watch "Catalonia referendum: Violence as police block voting- BBC News" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/-kESpxWLk-8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AndyClaret

Post by AndyClaret » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:41 am

Tories with a 15 point lead in latest yougov poll

https://twitter.com/MattChorley/status/ ... 05089?s=19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tall Paul

Post by Tall Paul » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:42 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:I'd have preferred the EU to condemn the violence dished out to peaceful people, many elderly , simply carrying out their democratic expression of independence and self determination.

The bullying and vicious abuse of power that was broadcast across the world by the Spanish police was , in my opinion, absolutely not "proportionate" as the EU described it.

I'm old fashioned like that.
Not what I asked you.

Would you have preferred the EU to intervene in something that was clearly a matter for the Spanish government to deal with?

Yes or no?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:42 am

aggi wrote:Ringo moving the goalposts when he's realised that people have actually called him out on his hyperbole and he can't back it up. I've never seen that before. Honest.

Its commonly accepted the length and breadth of the country what was said about the Nissan factory in Sunderland prior to the referendum.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:43 am

martin_p wrote:If it was commonly accepted just provide one example of someone saying the plant would close if people voted to leave. And just to help you out reducing the workforce isn’t the same as closing.

willsclarets

Post by willsclarets » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:44 am

Tall Paul wrote:Would you have preferred the EU to intervene in something that was clearly a matter for the Spanish government to deal with?

Ringo, isn't this an instance where the determination of Spain to protect their national sovereignty is resulting in police violence and brutality of the Catalan people? If the UK government and police were to treat the Scottish people in a similar way in their quest for independence - who would you blame? The EU? This example is not a criticism of a federal Europe, which Catalonia could still join as an independent state. This example actually supports the words on that plaque.

Quote from 2017 when the Catalan government approved a referendum vote:
Mariano Rajoy, the Spanish prime minister, vowed earlier on Thursday to “stop at nothing” to prevent Catalonia’s independence referendum, as his attorney general prepared to prosecute Catalan leaders.

In a blistering address, Mr Rajoy accused Catalonia's parliament of an “intolerable act of disobedience” in passing its referendum law, insisting it had violated the Spanish constitution.

“The consultation is not going to happen in any case,” he said. “We are defending national sovereignty.."

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:45 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:Its commonly accepted the length and breadth of the country what was said about the Nissan factory in Sunderland prior to the referendum.

So you can’t then. That’s fine. Of course it does mean you were wrong.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:46 am

*head in hands gif*

Why on earth does he do this to himself?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:47 am

Tall Paul wrote:Not what I asked you.

Yes or no?
I'd have preferred them to condemn this-

Watch "Catalonia referendum: Violence as police block voting- BBC News" on YouTube

Given they have the dangerous, democracy denying attitude attitude is summed up at the entrance to the Visitors Centre of the European Parliament, there is a plaque with these words:

I'm not at all surprised they described it as "proportionate"

Was it "proportionate"

Yes or No?

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:48 am

Most important thing out of today is the climbdown by the UK, which means the threats to pivoting to a "No Deal" are not serious.

https://twitter.com/pmdfoster/status/11 ... 2935723009" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If we can't get a deal done, we are going to be in an even worse position.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:49 am

The only contorted view seems to be yours. Every man and their dog might have read that there was a risk of job losses, only you are peddling that as "the plant will close" (unless you are able to provide evidence of anybody else claiming it).

You also seem to enjoy throwing this "extreme evangelical europhile remoaners" label about but again you're exaggerating. Before the referendum I didn't really think about the EU, I just got on with my life like millions of others. I wanted to remain as I couldn't see any compelling reasons presented for leaving. After we voted to leave, I just hoped we'd get a decent deal out of it. I still do.

So not really an "extreme evangelical europhile remoaner" at all. But if you want to throw that at everyone who points out that you make stuff up to make you feel better, you carry on.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:49 am

willsclarets wrote:Ringo, isn't this an instance where the determination of Spain to protect their national sovereignty is resulting in police violence and brutality of the Catalan people? If the UK government and police were to treat the Scottish people in a similar way in their quest for independence - who would you blame? The EU? This example is not a criticism of a federal Europe, which Catalonia could still join as an independent state. This example actually supports the words on that plaque.

Quote from 2017 when the Catalan government approved a referendum vote:
Mariano Rajoy, the Spanish prime minister, vowed earlier on Thursday to “stop at nothing” to prevent Catalonia’s independence referendum, as his attorney general prepared to prosecute Catalan leaders.

In a blistering address, Mr Rajoy accused Catalonia's parliament of an “intolerable act of disobedience” in passing its referendum law, insisting it had violated the Spanish constitution.

“The consultation is not going to happen in any case,” he said. “We are defending national sovereignty.."

If Scotland has another independence referendum would you expect the police to suppress it with this level of brutality?

With the British PM describing it as "proportionate "

Yes or no?

willsclarets

Post by willsclarets » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:50 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:No.
Yes, you have.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:51 am

TheFamilyCat wrote:The only contorted view seems to be yours. Every man and their dog might have read that there was a risk of job losses, only you are peddling that as "the plant will close" (unless you are able to provide evidence of anybody else claiming it).

You also seem to enjoy throwing this "extreme evangelical europhile remoaners" label about but again you're exaggerating. Before the referendum I didn't really think about the EU, I just got on with my life like millions of others. I wanted to remain as I couldn't see any compelling reasons presented for leaving. After we voted to leave, I just hoped we'd get a decent deal out of it. I still do.

So not really an "extreme evangelical europhile remoaner" at all. But if you want to throw that at everyone who points out that you make stuff up to make you feel better, you carry on.

Hook up with aggi and Marty and pat each other on the back at your regular "Rewriting history" self help group

:lol:

Tall Paul

Post by Tall Paul » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:51 am

lol Ringo

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:52 am

willsclarets wrote:Yes, you have.

No I haven't.

If Scotland has another independence referendum would you expect the police to suppress it with this level of brutality?

Yes or no?

aggi
Been Liked: 2116 times

Post by aggi » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:55 am

dsr wrote:Really? So in a clean break divorce, for example, not only do the parties unequivocally separate their financial arrangements, they agree never to meet, never to talk, never to have any business with each other at all? Must be tricky if they have relatives in common, eg. grown-up children.

I think a "clean break" means that the current financial mutual dependency is severed. Not that all communication ceases.

If Mrs. Guinness has a clean break divorce from Mr Guinness, is she banned from drinking any of his product? ;)

Anyway, regardless of all that, are you saying that you genuinely thought that Quickenthetempo was proposing ending all trade with EU countries?
Excellent, more analogies. From what I remember from my matrimonial work a clean break divorce is a very specific term and you can't get one if you have ongoing financial arrangements (I'd say trading is more akin to a financial arrangement than a chat).

I genuinely thought that Quickenthetempo was glibly suggesting a "clean break" without any idea of what it really meant. When they then started saying that international trade was simple I became more convinced of that.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:55 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:Hook up with aggi and Marty and pat each other on the back at your regular "Rewriting history" self help group

Maybe tomorrow. This afternoon's group is Point and Laugh at Silly Ringo.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:55 am

:lol: Wow this thread has really lit up!

There really is a lot of miffed sounding brothers of the Church of the Latter Day Europhile!

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:56 am

TheFamilyCat wrote:Maybe tomorrow. This afternoon's group is Point and Laugh at Silly Ringo.
It's still the morning, silly.

willsclarets

Post by willsclarets » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:56 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:No I haven't.

Yes or no?
Tell me why it makes sense putting the British PM in the position to call it proportionate in your scenario? If we make this about Britain, then the British PM is the one instigating the violence you muppet

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:01 pm

Oh ****

Jacob Rees Mogg might vote for the deal

But he also made sure such a deal was illegal in 2018

https://twitter.com/StewartWood/status/ ... 8351222785" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:02 pm

In years to come there will be an illness named after Wrongo....Wrongoitis.....Wrongosteria......Wrongophirea

Infamy....infamy....they`ve all got it infamy