Brexit: Uniting the Country Since 31/01/2020

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:16 pm

aggi wrote:Which bit of It is understood that the government will help in the form of loan guarantees and other financial support. is confusing you?

I'm not sure why you keep banging on about state ownership. Unless you meant to type:

The EU says, "No can do , UK" if the sole method of rescue that you're considering is state ownership with a subsidy for a non-profitable company.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought an early night would have cleared your head

This is what I said.

"2008- Labour bail out the banks and saves London based bankers jobs. Costing the nation billions. 

The EU says , " that's fine."

2019- The tories want to save thousands of steel workers jobs in the industrial north. Costing the nation millions. 

The EU says, "No can do , UK"

Like the old Real Labour MPs always said, "the EU is a bankers club."

I'm now quoting directly from the actual letter sent to the government from its legal advisors.

"We cannot demonstrate the necessary commerciality required by State Aid Law to provide such support"

In other words , perhaps "simplistic", The EU says, "No can do , UK"

"There is no evidence that any earlier funding options involving government would have been lawful either"

In other words , The EU says, "No can do , UK"

"It would be unlawful to provide a guarantee or loan"

"We do not believe there is currently any level of investment government could make ( above the State Aid de minis of €200000 that could be deemed commercial and so legal"

It was not possible to fund a traditional loan financing that would be deemed to be successfully commercial to meet the State Aid commerciality threshold"

https://mobile.twitter.com/SimonClarkeM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 1516826626

It proves my "simplistic" point to be accurate and correct and concurs with what Dr Ruth Bender, Associate Professor of Corporate Financial Strategy, said when she was interviewed on Radio 5 Live Breakfast show on 31st March.

"Do EU rules prevent state aid to save British Steel?

Would it be against EU regulations to provide funding to British Steel in a time of need?

"Unfortunately, yes. The fact that all the economic factors go against the UK steel industry is not relevant, nor is the potentially devastating impact on the wider local economy were it to close. The EU has already ruled on this: in January 2016 the competition commissioner ruled that the Belgian government had illegally provided €211m to steel companies in one of its depressed regions, and ordered that the money be repaid. She also announced an investigation into €2bn of similar aid given by the Italian government to support its steel industry."

Taken from the labour supporting website labour heartlands!

Your side aggi!!

The Tories/ government, as I said, and you called "outright lies " were prevented from saving thousands of jobs due to eu rules.

They haven't the chinese company has

If you , as a little Europeaner, want to make out that the tories have saved the steel workers jobs and defied EU state aid law , then fill your , psychologically wedded to the " le grande project " boots!

:lol:

Every news bulletin yesterday, on tv , radio station , national newspaper has reported , it's a Chinese company that has stepped in a bought the steel business. Not the Tory Government. Just like they reported the EU was fine when labour bailed out the banks.

But you keep coming back and looking ridiculous!

Its brightening up, what would otherwise be a pretty mundane Tuesday!

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:17 pm

AndrewJB wrote:Nationalisation is allowed by the EU. He was arguing about state aid, so is wrong, for a change.

From a post I made in May

I'm now quoting directly from the actual letter sent to the government from its legal advisors.

"We cannot demonstrate the necessary commerciality required by State Aid Law to provide such support"

In other words , perhaps "simplistic", The EU says, "No can do , UK"

"There is no evidence that any earlier funding options involving government would have been lawful either"

"It would be unlawful to provide a guarantee or loan"

"We do not believe there is currently any level of investment government could make ( above the State Aid de minis of €200000 that could be deemed commercial and so legal"

It was not possible to fund a traditional loan financing that would be deemed to be successfully commercial to meet the State Aid commerciality threshold"

As usual I was spot on!

You heard it hear first folks!

Andrew JB knows more about state aid rules than both,
Dr Ruth Bender, Associate Professor of Corporate Financial Strategy, and the government's own team of legal advisors!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:21 pm

AndrewJB wrote:Nationalisation is allowed by the EU. He was arguing about state aid, so is wrong, for a change.

From my post in May-

Dr Ruth Bender, Associate Professor of Corporate Financial Strategy, said when she was interviewed on Radio 5 Live Breakfast show on 31st March.

"Do EU rules prevent state aid to save British Steel?

Would it be against EU regulations to provide funding to British Steel in a time of need?

"Unfortunately, yes"

Do your research Andrew JB, should you want to avoid shooting yourself in the foot!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:49 pm

This user liked this post: Bordeauxclaret

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:51 pm

I think Ringo's broken, someone turn him on and off again.

I was right, Ringo doesn't know the difference between nationalisation and state subsidies. Entertainingly he's put some quotes up to illustrate that for everyone.
These 3 users liked this post: Bordeauxclaret Greenmile Quicknick

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:22 pm

aggi wrote:I think Ringo's broken, someone turn him on and off again.

I was right, Ringo doesn't know the difference between nationalisation and state subsidies. Entertainingly he's put some quotes up to illustrate that for everyone.

I'm so so glad you "finally put it to bed " aggi!!

Is that all you've got left!?

As I said back in May, (and ever since I proved you utterly wrong then, it's clearly been eating at your very soul, otherwise why attempt to save some sort of credibility, and bring it up months later!!!? And fail spectacularly!) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've reposted the advice from Dr Ruth Bender, Associate Professor of Corporate Financial Strategy, and the government's own legal team that I posted in May.

Which, in a nutshell , said the government would not be able to step in and save the steel works as it would have broke eu law.

Yesterday it was announced that the chinese company, Jingye, would be doing so .

This, does not breach EU law.

Do you have access to a tv, radio or the internet? I have to assume your presence , no matter how ridiculous you're sounding, on this message board, means you do!

So I'll ask you 2 very basic and simple questions

1 Should the deal go through, who will own the scunthorpe steel plant?

The tory government, or the Chinese company Jingye?

2 Will the deal have breached eu laws? The same laws that the government's own legal team and Dr Ruth Bender, Associate Professor of Corporate Financial Strategy, said prevented the tory government from doing the same.

Yes or No?

If listen carefully, we might be able to hear the faint sound of a penny dropping in london!

Shhhhhhhh

:lol: :lol:

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:28 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Image
Very unfair to portray him like that.

Aggi is not a straight jacketed swivel eyed lunatic.

His hands are clearly free.

How else would he have tied himself in knots!

aggi

Post by aggi » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:52 am

RingoMcCartney wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm so so glad you "finally put it to bed " aggi!!

Is that all you've got left!?

As I said back in May, (and ever since I proved you utterly wrong then, it's clearly been eating at your very soul, otherwise why attempt to save some sort of credibility, and bring it up months later!!!? And fail spectacularly!) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've reposted the advice from Dr Ruth Bender, Associate Professor of Corporate Financial Strategy, and the government's own legal team that I posted in May.

Which, in a nutshell , said the government would not be able to step in and save the steel works as it would have broke eu law.

Yesterday it was announced that the chinese company, Jingye, would be doing so .

This, does not breach EU law.

Do you have access to a tv, radio or the internet? I have to assume your presence , no matter how ridiculous you're sounding, on this message board, means you do!

So I'll ask you 2 very basic and simple questions

2 Will the deal have breached eu laws? The same laws that the government's own legal team and Dr Ruth Bender, Associate Professor of Corporate Financial Strategy, said prevented the tory government from doing the same.

Yes or No?

If listen carefully, we might be able to hear the faint sound of a penny dropping in london!

Shhhhhhhh

It's impressive how tenacious you are on this given how little you understand it (unless you have a good explanation of why you're talking about nationalisation and then posting comments about state subsidies). I'll try and make this simple for you:

1. British Steel were in financial trouble.

2. You said The tories want to save thousands of steel workers jobs in the industrial north. Costing the nation millions.

3. British Steel will be saved with the government helping in the form of loan guarantees and other financial support.

The jobs will be saved, the government formed a part of that package, the EU didn't say No can do, UK.

Maybe in your mind you meant something else but that clearly isn't what you wrote.

I don't really expect the penny to drop because it's clear you don't understand what you're talking about but I thought I'd give it a go.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:27 am

https://www.politics.co.uk/comment-anal ... ct-checked" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting article on state aid and nationalisation.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:15 am

David Gauke endorsing the Lib Dems to prevent a hard brexit.https://www.bbc.com/news/election-2019-50398115

That might work if they didn't have a revoke policy.

There seems to be 3 options at this election.

Vote Conservative and risk a hard brexit in 2020.

Vote Labour and have the uncertainty of another renegotation,and a 2nd referendum.

Vote Lib Dems and not get any brexit whatsoever.

Talk about Hobson's Choice. :?

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:21 am

tiger76 wrote:David Gauke endorsing the Lib Dems to prevent a hard brexit.https://www.bbc.com/news/election-2019-50398115

That might work if they didn't have a revoke policy.

There seems to be 3 options at this election.

Vote Conservative and risk a hard brexit in 2020.

Vote Labour and have the uncertainty of another renegotation,and a 2nd referendum.

Vote Lib Dems and not get any brexit whatsoever.

Talk about Hobson's Choice. :?
It is all a bit odd.

When you keep hearing that people who voted for brexit didn't know what they were voting for or were too thick to understand but most have now change their minds and would vote to stop brexit, the lib dems should be a certain winner. Even more so when you also see that a lot of those who won't have changed their minds will now be dead and a raft of younger voters who were all denied a vote 3 year ago due to their would also vote to stop brexit so they have a future,it makes little sense they are trailing so far behind.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:24 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:It is all a bit odd.

When you keep hearing that people who voted for brexit didn't know what they were voting for or were too thick to understand but most have now change their minds and would vote to stop brexit, the lib dems should be a certain winner. Even more so when you also see that a lot of those who won't have changed their minds will now be dead and a raft of younger voters who were all denied a vote 3 year ago due to their would also vote to stop brexit so they have a future,it makes little sense they are trailing so far behind.
Well it would do if Brexit was the single reason for prople voting the way they do in a general election.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:25 am

martin_p wrote:Well it would do if Brexit was the single reason for prople voting the way they do in a general election.

Well some have let it over take their lives for the last 3 years so it is fair to think it is the most important thing going.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:28 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:Well some have let it over take their lives for the last 3 years so it is fair to think it is the most important thing going.
‘Some’ being the key word there.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:31 am

martin_p wrote:‘Some’ being the key word there.

Then for those who vote another way due to finding something else more important to them or being unable to tear themselves away from how they normally vote, if/when the result doesn't go their way and they end up with either a bad deal or no deal brexit they will have to stomach the result and not whine about it for the next 3 years

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:35 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:Then for those who vote another way due to finding something else more important to them or being unable to tear themselves away from how they normally vote, if/when the result doesn't go their way and they end up with either a bad deal or no deal brexit they will have to stomach the result and not whine about it for the next 3 years
People are entitled to ‘whine’ as much as they want about things they don’t agree with.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:36 am

martin_p wrote:People are entitled to ‘whine’ as much as they want about things they don’t agree with.

Well you have certainly proved that on here

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:40 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:Well you have certainly proved that on here
The fact that you see anyone disagreeing with your view as ‘whining’ is your problem not mine. I’ll continue to voice my opinion and am happy to hear others do that as well.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:43 am

martin_p wrote:The fact that you see anyone disagreeing with your view as ‘whining’ is your problem not mine. I’ll continue to voice my opinion and am happy to hear others do that as well.

Nope when I see someone constantly whine I call it whining. Bit like when I see a group of people all target the same poster with personal comments while knowing they wouldn't when alone or in public I call it bullying.

It has nothing to do with your view disagreeing with mine more the approach. Luckily we are all different.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:46 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:Nope when I see someone constantly whine I call it whining. Bit like when I see a group of people all target the same poster with personal comments while knowing they wouldn't when alone or in public I call it bullying.

It has nothing to do with your view disagreeing with mine more the approach. Luckily we are all different.
Ok, I’ll play along. Point out my ‘whining’.

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2620 times
Has Liked: 6419 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:15 am

Another business casualty of Brexit

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50400068" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mr Musk also cited risks surrounding the UK's exit from the EU for his decision

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:28 am

Rick_Muller wrote:Another business casualty of Brexit

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50400068" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not really, or not the main reason.

If you're going to create a new factory specifically for EV vehicles do you place it in a country which has the HQ for the 2nd largest car manufacturer in the world and already has the technical know how to build EV's en masse, thus making it easier to recruit local expertise or do you build your factory in the UK?

If you choose the UK then you're not looking past Brexit.
Even without Brexit we'd lose to Germany.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:45 am

martin_p wrote:Ok, I’ll play along. Point out my ‘whining’.
you must be joking? The task in hand exposing & highlighting every single moan would be very time consuming, going back on all the pages & picking them all out & it would prove futile, you'd simply spin it & deny it was a moan at all. It's far easier to ignore or some people agree & either way just let you carry on with it.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:56 am

Jakubclaret wrote:you must be joking? The task in hand exposing & highlighting every single moan would be very time consuming, going back on all the pages & picking them all out & it would prove futile, you'd simply spin it & deny it was a moan at all. It's far easier to ignore or some people agree & either way just let you carry on with it.
I’m only asking for one.

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1503 times
Has Liked: 578 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:01 pm

claretonthecoast1882 making snide remarks on a thread then clearing off when he's unable to back them up?

I for one am shocked.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:04 pm

Swizzlestick wrote:claretonthecoast1882 making snide remarks on a thread then clearing off when he's unable to back them up?

I for one am shocked.

You ok being here without turtle holding your hand ? No shock to see my little stalker popping his head up and joining in

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:05 pm

martin_p wrote:I’m only asking for one.
Ok then yesterday, I noticed a post where you was moaning about farage (just for a change :lol:) & I replied that you wasn't being fair looking at the broader picture & the brexit process being too advanced for nigel to try to scupper.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:56 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:Ok then yesterday, I noticed a post where you was moaning about farage (just for a change :lol:) & I replied that you wasn't being fair looking at the broader picture & the brexit process being too advanced for nigel to try to scupper.
Think you possibly need to look up the definition of ‘moan’ in this context. Me expressing the opinion that Farage’s withdrawal of candidates in Tory seats was a humiliation is no more of a moan than your reply expressing the opinion I was wrong.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:02 pm

martin_p wrote:Think you possibly need to look up the definition of ‘moan’ in this context. Me expressing the opinion that Farage’s withdrawal of candidates in Tory seats was a humiliation is no more of a moan than your reply expressing the opinion I was wrong.
I don’t have a problem with you moaning I never said I did, I don’t care, we all moan to a certain degree it’s human nature, but let’s be honest about it instead of pretending we don’t. Regarding Nigel Farages withdrawal it was purely down to finances contesting a stronghold area when you’ve got no chance of winning.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:06 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:I don’t have a problem with you moaning I never said I did, I don’t care, we all moan to a certain degree it’s human nature, but let’s be honest about it instead of pretending we don’t. Regarding Nigel Farages withdrawal it was purely down to finances contesting a stronghold area when you’ve got no chance of winning.
As I said, you need to look up the definition of ‘moan’.

On the Farage front, what was it changed between him declaring the BP would run in every seat and Monday? The cost of running or the BP’s polling figures?

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:09 pm

martin_p wrote:As I said, you need to look up the definition of ‘moan’.

On the Farage front, what was it changed between him declaring the BP would run in every seat and Monday? The cost of running or the BP’s polling figures?
A combination of both & a sensible assessment it wasn’t financially viable with risk/reward.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:13 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:A combination of both & a sensible assessment it wasn’t financially viable with risk/reward.
So not ‘purely down to finances’ then.

Swizzlestick

Post by Swizzlestick » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:14 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:You ok being here without turtle holding your hand ? No shock to see my little stalker popping his head up and joining in
Call me what you like - you're one of the few thoroughly unpleasant people on here and I'll continue to call you out on it.

Swizzlestick

Post by Swizzlestick » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:15 pm

Tesla locates first European production plant in Berlin - Britain not in the running due to "uncertainties surrounding Brexit"

https://www.ft.com/content/c7b6898a-058 ... bacad9e7dd

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:16 pm

Swizzlestick wrote:Call me what you like - you're one of the few thoroughly unpleasant people on here and I'll continue to call you out on it.

You can imagine the impact on my life "being called out" by an odious coward like yourself will cause. I just hope I am strong enough to survive this.

You have a horrible stench of upthebeehole he was a coward as well.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:32 pm

martin_p wrote:So not ‘purely down to finances’ then.
Well yes really, had the polling figures been more encouraging, I'm sure Aaron banks would have found a few notes in his back pocket. I don't care what anybody says or what's been denied, some sort of understanding & arrangement had been agreed prior as some sort of reassurance. I know it sounds contradictory but money was the main reason forget the south concentrate on the Midlands and North.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1148 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:46 pm

Swizzlestick wrote:Tesla locates first European production plant in Berlin - Britain not in the running due to "uncertainties surrounding Brexit"

The whiff of remainer desperation , Musk was never gonna build this set up over here was always gonna be China or Germany . His quote from the magazine article is a akin to “ Ronaldo joins Juve -Burnley not in the running due to cash issues” ie we wouldn’t have said no but neither parties ever really entertained it

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:47 pm

aggi wrote:It's impressive how tenacious you are on this given how little you understand it (unless you have a good explanation of why you're talking about nationalisation and then posting comments about state subsidies). I'll try and make this simple for you:

1. British Steel were in financial trouble.

2. You said The tories want to save thousands of steel workers jobs in the industrial north. Costing the nation millions.

3. British Steel will be saved with the government helping in the form of loan guarantees and other financial support.

The jobs will be saved, the government formed a part of that package, the EU didn't say No can do, UK.

Maybe in your mind you meant something else but that clearly isn't what you wrote.

I don't really expect the penny to drop because it's clear you don't understand what you're talking about but I thought I'd give it a go.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know about "putting this to bed" but this is turning into a nightmare for you aggi!!

I know exactly what I was talking about back in May when I was correct and you were utterly wrong, and nothing has changed . Only your apparent determination to sound even more stupid than you previously did, and avoid answering 2 simple questions simultaneously!!

What I also understand is that you, a devout, self confessed Labour supporter, appear to want to give the Tories credit for saving 1000s of steel workers jobs in the North!!

Taken from the left wing "labour heartlands" website-

No state aid.

Dr Ruth Bender, Associate Professor of Corporate Financial Strategy, was interviewed on Radio 5 Live Breakfast show on 31st March, discussing why the Government could not give State aid to save British Steel, and how this might be affected if the UK were to leave the EU. The following text expands on some of the comments she made.

The EU does not allow state support of a business if it would distort competition in the single market.

Would it be against EU regulations to provide funding to British Steel in a time of need?[/size]

"Unfortunately, yes. The fact that all the economic factors go against the UK steel industry is not relevant, nor is the potentially devastating impact on the wider local economy were it to close. The EU has already ruled on this: in January 2016 the competition commissioner ruled that the Belgian government had illegally provided €211m to steel companies in one of its depressed regions, and ordered that the money be repaid. She also announced an investigation into €2bn of similar aid given by the Italian government to support its steel industry."

"The EU takes the view that State aid cannot be used if it distorts competition, and that EU regional funding is available to help with the social consequences of closing down industries that are uncompetitive."

So how come the banks were bailed out?

"There is a fundamental difference between banks and steel. If the UK, or Belgian, or Italian steel industry has to shut down, then other steel companies will pick up their contracts. Such commercial competition is the thrust behind most of the legislation: saving any of the ailing companies would adversely affect the other steel providers, who would not be able to take those contracts. In the case of the banks, their mutual interdependence made that impossible. Because they had all lent to each other, the collapse of any of the banks would have led to the collapse of the whole financial system. So, saving the banks was not anti-competitive, it was in fact supporting the market economy."

https://labourheartlands.com/british-st ... o-save-it/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RingoMcCartney wrote:2008 - Labour bail out the banks and saves London based bankers jobs. Costing the nation billions. 

The EU says , " that's fine."

2019 - The tories want to save thousands of steel workers jobs in the industrial north. Costing the nation millions. 

Like the old Real Labour MPs always said, "the EU is a bankers club.

So I'll ask you 5 simple questions

Yes or No?

3, Are you giving credit to the tories for saving thousands of jobs in the north?

Yes or No?

4, Are you more knowledgeable on the subject that Professor Ruth Bender Associate Professor of Corporate Financial Strategy,

Yes or No?

5, Are you contradicting, directly what the Labour Party supporting website is saying, when it confirmed the Labour government was not prevented by eu rules from bailing out the banks , but the tory government was prevented from doing the same for the steel works by eu rules?

Yes or no?

This is fun!!!

Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Swizzlestick

Post by Swizzlestick » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:52 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:The whiff of remainer desperation , Musk was never gonna build this set up over here was always gonna be China or Germany . His quote from the magazine article is a akin to “ Ronaldo joins Juve -Burnley not in the running due to cash issues” ie we wouldn’t have said no but neither parties ever really entertained it
Where’s the desperation? Just stating a direct quote from a significant businessman. You’re the one make a spurious Ronaldo to Burnley comparison.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:14 pm

Swizzlestick wrote:Tesla locates first European production plant in Berlin - Britain not in the running due to "uncertainties surrounding Brexit"

I've already responded to this earlier up the page....

If you're going to create a new factory specifically for EV vehicles do you place it in a country which has the HQ for the 2nd largest car manufacturer in the world and already has the technical know how to build EV's en masse, thus making it easier to recruit local expertise or do you build your factory in the UK?

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:15 pm

Swizzlestick wrote:Where’s the desperation? Just stating a direct quote from a significant businessman. You’re the one make a spurious Ronaldo to Burnley comparison.
It's a poor excuse from the bloke and we all know it's ********, see my answer.

As a country we make less than 2 million cars a year.

VAG make 5 million just in Germany alone.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:19 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:I've already responded to this earlier up the page....

Yeh but brexit, the idiot told you so :D

Swizzlestick

Post by Swizzlestick » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:33 pm

Good to see people telling Elon Musk what he really meant to say. Doesn't strike me as the type of person to speak bullshit to be honest.

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:Yeh but brexit, the idiot told you so :D
Utterly moronic.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:35 pm

Swizzlestick wrote:Good to see people telling Elon Musk what he really meant to say. Doesn't strike me as the type of person to speak bullshit to be honest.

Utterly moronic.

Cheers love, does your bottom lip quiver all the time or just on here ?

Swizzlestick

Post by Swizzlestick » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:37 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:Cheers love, does your bottom lip quiver all the time or just on here ?
No quivering. Just have a problem with people who only like to lay in to others while contributing nothing of note to threads.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:38 pm

Swizzlestick wrote:No quivering. Just have a problem with people who only like to lay in to others while contributing nothing of note to threads.

Must be awful having a problem and being unable to do anything about it, if you need any help just ask I am always here for people like you

aggi

Post by aggi » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:56 pm

Swizzlestick wrote:Good to see people telling Elon Musk what he really meant to say. Doesn't strike me as the type of person to speak bullshit to be honest.

Utterly moronic.
This is the Elon Musk we're talking about?

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:01 pm

I have no problem accepting Musk building in Germany.

If we want entrepreneurs to invest here, we have to create the conditions for them to do so.

Even pre-Brexit we were miles off the pace, something had to change. Germany has outstripped us in manufacturing for too long. The status quo wasn't working.
These 2 users liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81 tiger76

Swizzlestick

Post by Swizzlestick » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:05 pm

aggi wrote:This is the Elon Musk we're talking about?

Haha, fair enough, but I would think he'd be pretty honest about the reasons in this instance.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:41 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:I have no problem accepting Musk building in Germany.

If we want entrepreneurs to invest here, we have to create the conditions for them to do so.

Even pre-Brexit we were miles off the pace, something had to change. Germany has outstripped us in manufacturing for too long. The status quo wasn't working.
Keeping Corbyn out of Downing Street will go some way to attract inward investments,and clearly making progress on brexit so that the business community know the conditions they're operating under,business can adapt as long as they know the lay of the land,it's not brexit per se that's deterring investment it's the uncertainty,which Corbyn and McDonnellwould just exacerbate.