Brexit: Uniting the Country Since 31/01/2020

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3078 times
Has Liked: 5042 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Colburn_Claret » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:22 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:38 am
True and really makes me wonder why then people got all worked up about leaving the EU in the first place

As for the EU and extensions, we could have also walked away too and not kept going back to the EU with our begging bowl to ask for extensions
How could we walk away when the remainers in the house had vetoed that option ?

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:36 pm

He's back,i'll give this guy his due he's persistent.

'Stop Brexit man' hasn't given up yet...
He's made a name for himself by hollering "stop Brexit" in the background of political interviews on College Green for ages now.

And "stop Brexit man" - or Steve Bray - has not yet given up.

Our political reporter Peter Saull has spotted Mr Bray in his campaigning regalia...

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:20 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:22 pm
How could we walk away when the remainers in the house had vetoed that option ?
'We' as a country means everyone (no individual or group is more important than another. 'We' could have left with No Deal, but 'We' chose not to. Its no different to the point that the EU as a singular entity could have refused the extensions, but 'they' decided to give them to us.

If you take the stance that us keeping No Deal on the table and being prepared to walk away strengthens our bargaining position with the EU then you have to equally accept that the EU sticking staunchly to their red lines and being prepared to walk away strengthens their bargaining position.

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:27 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:36 pm
He's back,i'll give this guy his due he's persistent.

'Stop Brexit man' hasn't given up yet...
He's made a name for himself by hollering "stop Brexit" in the background of political interviews on College Green for ages now.

And "stop Brexit man" - or Steve Bray - has not yet given up.

Our political reporter Peter Saull has spotted Mr Bray in his campaigning regalia...

Thank God for that! Here's there, alive and well! I've been really concerned about his well being, cos he's been worryingly, quiet for the last few days!

Welcome back Lancasterclaret!! Your intellectual superiority has been missed

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:39 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:20 pm
'We' as a country means everyone (no individual or group is more important than another. 'We' could have left with No Deal, but 'We' chose not to. Its no different to the point that the EU as a singular entity could have refused the extensions, but 'they' decided to give them to us.

If you take the stance that us keeping No Deal on the table and being prepared to walk away strengthens our bargaining position with the EU then you have to equally accept that the EU sticking staunchly to their red lines and being prepared to walk away strengthens their bargaining position.

Looks like you've missed the general election result.

Your side lost.

You've lost the arguement.

It's over.

Done.

Get over it.....

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:43 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:27 pm
Thank God for that! Here's there, alive and well! I've been really concerned about his well being, cos he's been worryingly, quiet for the last few days!

Welcome back Lancasterclaret!! Your intellectual superiority has been missed
He stood for the Lib Dems in Wales, i think he came 6th and lost his deposit, well done everyone.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:57 pm

claretandy wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:43 pm
He stood for the Lib Dems in Wales, i think he came 6th and lost his deposit, well done everyone.
For the man who famously claimed, "I do have the annoying habit, of being right, pretty much all of the time." You would have thought he'd have been only to keen to come on here and discuss this amazing ability of his!

It's funny, up and until last Thursday, you couldn't stop him eminence from telling us , how much of a political behemoth he was.

He was in transport and freight dont you know. And amongst everything else he knew, he knows about borders and paperwork, or something.

I wonder if he's seriously hurt himself , dismounting his high horse?

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:01 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:39 pm
Looks like you've missed the general election result. Your side lost. You've lost the arguement. It's over. Done.

Get over it.....
How's Jemima doing these days?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:06 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:01 pm
How's Jemima doing these days?

Not got a scooby about what you're on about , but if she's a remoaner, and she's accepted she lost and is over it. You should , with what little dignity you still have left, follow her example.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:16 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:06 pm
Not got a scooby about what you're on about , but if she's a remoaner, and she's accepted she lost and is over it. You should , with what little dignity you still have left, follow her example.
I can see why you keep your sentences to a few words and why you put about 8 lines between each one now.

Go on retype it in your usual style and see if you can make it into a coherent post I can actually read and understand

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:24 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:16 pm
I can see why you keep your sentences to a few words and why you put about 8 lines between each one now.

Go on retype it in your usual style and see if you can make it into a coherent post I can actually read and understand
Oh you understand it all right.

If you prefer to spend the next 3 and a half years letting democratic results eat away at your very soul, like you have the last. That's entirely your call sunshine!

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:31 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:20 pm

Not trying to be obtuse, but 'We' couldn't walk away. We didn't choose not to, the remainers in the house told 'Us' we couldn't.
Where have you been for the last 3 years.

I agree the EU could walk away just as easily, but at least negotiations can now take place on a level playing field, something that has been denied to the country for far too long.
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:42 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:31 pm
Not trying to be obtuse, but 'We' couldn't walk away. We didn't choose not to, the remainers in the house told 'Us' we couldn't.

I agree the EU could walk away just as easily, but at least negotiations can now take place on a level playing field, something that has been denied to the country for far too long.
'We' elected the house as our representatives to make the decision on how 'We' leave. Again 'We' could have walked away but as a collective through our parliamentary representatives 'we' chose not to (you may not be a fan of democracy but 'we' as a country still are)

The original point was Darthlaw said the EU chose to allow us extensions but we didn't choose not to walk away. If you class the whole EU as a singular entity who together made the overriding decision to allow us an extension then if you are being consistent you have to accept that the UK as a single entity could have walked away without a deal.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:42 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:

Change of tune from the EU?now Boris has a majority.

Trade deal in 2020 'possible' but difficult - European Parliament vice president

The World at One

BBC Radio 4

As we've been hearing, the government has indicated today that it plans to add a new clause to its Brexit bill to rule out any extension to the transition period beyond the end of next year.

First Vice-President of the European Parliament Mairead McGuinness says it is "possible" for the UK to strike a trade deal with the EU by this deadline but "we’re all a bit cautious about whether it can effectively be completed within an 11-month period."

She tells BBC Radio 4's World at One that the next phase of negotiations will be "more difficult" than the previous one because the UK will be diverging away from its current relationship with the EU.

Ms McGuinness adds that this is a "more complicated process" than negotiating a typical trade agreement, where the countries involved would generally be moving closer together.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:44 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:24 pm
Oh you understand it all right.

If you prefer to spend the next 3 and a half years letting democratic results eat away at your very soul, like you have the last. That's entirely your call sunshine!
Testing...testing???

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:47 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:44 pm
Testing...testing???
Yes you are.

Very!

:lol:

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2009 times
Has Liked: 2904 times

Post by elwaclaret » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:58 pm

The dead horse is still being flogged I see.

We’re leaving, parliaments only question remains the detail of exactly how.

I expect this government to look very seriously at how to boost the north.... they will be determined to keep their new voters happy.
These 2 users liked this post: RingoMcCartney tiger76

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:08 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 1:36 pm

Wednesday 29 may 2019

We've been in the EU and the common market for 40 odd years. During that time we've had tory Labour and coalition.

The north and the Midlands, Wales, the west country have been forgotten.

As I said on lbc, the referendum gave a voice , to the voiceless. Whether you believe it is utterly irrelevant. But 17.4 million people believe that EU membership has been bad for themselves, their families, town and country. The spoke and voted on the basis of a " once in a generation decision. What ever you decide, the government will implement that decision."

Now if that decision is ignored. Or its overridden before its implementation, then the suspicion , "they'll only ignore you, there's no point voting" This is what I said to Shelagh Fogerty and Ian Dale last year. And on here. Trust in the political class and democracy will be shattered, "permanently and transgenerationally" I said it would leave to low turnout and the possibility of extremists only needing a small number of votes to get elected.

And look what's happened.? The Brexit Party are not extremists. They've tapped into the anger that having being told that the referendum would be respected and implemented.

No doubt they'll be a load pile in about what I've just said. Couldn't care less. Millions and millions out there agree with those sentiments.

Labour , if they go 2nd referendum / Remain, will turn it's back on the voiceless 5 millions that voted Leave and previously Labour. Will never form a government again. They'll simply strengthen their vote in London gaining no extra seats, and lose seats like burnley, Hartlepool, merthyr, Bolsover, Pontefract, . Turn your back on your core vote and they'll turn their backs on you.

Don't believe me.?

Look at Scotland.

Mystic McCartney in May 2019

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:08 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:

Agree, if anything it's the divided & fixed remainer stance which served to strengthen the EUs bargaining hand, with & if more unity regarding the referendum outcome we'd be in a really strong negotiating position & thus placing the EUs negotiating team in a weak defensive position.

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:25 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:42 pm
'We' elected the house as our representatives to make the decision on how 'We' leave. Again 'We' could have walked away but as a collective through our parliamentary representatives 'we' chose not to (you may not be a fan of democracy but 'we' as a country still are)

The original point was Darthlaw said the EU chose to allow us extensions but we didn't choose not to walk away. If you class the whole EU as a singular entity who together made the overriding decision to allow us an extension then if you are being consistent you have to accept that the UK as a single entity could have walked away without a deal.
I understand what you mean now, but you fail to understand that the house was representing itself, not the country. If you don't believe me just look at the carnage of last Thursday. They weren't acting democratically when they chose to ignore the referendum.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:55 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:25 pm
I understand what you mean now, but you fail to understand that the house was representing itself, not the country. If you don't believe me just look at the carnage of last Thursday. They weren't acting democratically when they chose to ignore the referendum.
I was being a bit pedantic as my point was that whatever you say about us walking away and being stronger then the EU can do exactly the same and you could argue they have a lot less to lose in a game of walking away chicken but who knows we will see.

With regards your point about people in Parliament ignoring the referendum and not acting democratically you have to be careful not to over simplify it.

Leave won by a narrow margin with all sorts of varying degrees of Brexit which to me indicated we needed a cross party inclusive approach to working out how to interpret and enact the referendum result. Buying off the DUP, completely ignoring half the elected MPs and taking a Brexit stance to appease the ERG who were an extreme minority when it cam to Brexit seems far from democratic or trying to deliver what the people wanted.

I've posted this before but if you want to understand why we've p*ssed about for over 3 years without managing to leave the EU then you need to read this link carefully cos this better explains it then the shouty politics of just blaming 'remoaners'

https://twitter.com/EmporersNewC/status ... 3265979392

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:55 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:47 pm
Yes you are.

Very!

:lol:
Are you still there Jemima??

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:07 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:55 pm
Are you still there Jemima??
You still craving attention?.....

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10236 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:26 pm

Says the bloke who has posted well over 250 times over the past six days - a quick scroll through his pages will confirm that - on political threads with just one other, yes one, being football-related.
And that's just on one of your accounts, Ringo.
Your content is rarely one of debate, more a variation on the theme of you being the only person in the whole country to have predicted a Tory victory. At least you've quietly dropped that even more bizarre claim of having coined the phrase "Ivory Tower(s)", replacing it with the equally ridiculous burning martyr "I'm being bullied." schtick.
Not bonkers at all...

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:27 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:55 pm
I was being a bit pedantic as my point was that whatever you say about us walking away and being stronger then the EU can do exactly the same and you could argue they have a lot less to lose in a game of walking away chicken but who knows we will see.

With regards your point about people in Parliament ignoring the referendum and not acting democratically you have to be careful not to over simplify it.

Leave won by a narrow margin with all sorts of varying degrees of Brexit which to me indicated we needed a cross party inclusive approach to working out how to interpret and enact the referendum result. Buying off the DUP, completely ignoring half the elected MPs and taking a Brexit stance to appease the ERG who were an extreme minority when it cam to Brexit seems far from democratic or trying to deliver what the people wanted.

I've posted this before but if you want to understand why we've p*ssed about for over 3 years without managing to leave the EU then you need to read this link carefully cos this better explains it then the shouty politics of just blaming 'remoaners'

The varying degrees determining the deals available on a possible exit strategy & the slender loss remain way wasn’t a problem we experienced faced with the EU, post immediately after the referendum result day 1 after stiff resistance arrived overwhelmingly not even exploring the avenues on leaving, the desire to remain at all costs appeared & still does today & tomorrow & so on, quite a substantial amount of people who voted remain originally to this day are still fixed in the view we must stay & haven't fully accepted the slim majority decision.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:33 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:27 pm
The varying degrees determining the deals available on a possible exit strategy & the slender loss remain way wasn’t a problem we experienced faced with the EU, post immediately after the referendum result day 1 after stiff resistance arrived overwhelmingly not even exploring the avenues on leaving, the desire to remain at all costs appeared & still does today & tomorrow & so on, quite a substantial amount of people who voted remain originally to this day are still fixed in the view we must stay & haven't fully accepted the slim majority decision.
No offence but Im struggling with the post cos it just doesn't read well at all. Whatever you are trying to say Im guessing you've not read my link

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:37 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:33 pm
No offence but Im struggling with the post cos it just doesn't read well at all. Whatever you are trying to say Im guessing you've not read my link
No need to, the link will not support any differences to the real life occurrences which have taken place since the referendum result.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:39 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:33 pm
The link refuses to load even if it did.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:42 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:37 pm
No need to, the link will not support any differences to the real life occurrences which have taken place since the referendum result.
That sums you up mate so best to leave it there.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:45 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:42 pm
That sums you up mate so best to leave it there.
Regarding the Twitter link that refuses to open, only 1 way to we must agree.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:18 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:08 pm
Mystic McCartney in May 2019

The New Stateman, 8th February, 2019.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/s ... t-i-learnt

Yes, Ringo, you really were the only one thinking along those lines, you old fraud !

Mystic/Autistic McCartney does indeed strike again. :lol:

And before you start squealing about the use of the word "autistic", it is NOT meant as an insult or to cause offence. Please take the time to read a few articles on the different forms autism can take. You might be shocked, bearing in mind your recent increasingly bizarre behaviour on here.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:02 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:45 pm
Regarding the Twitter link that refuses to open, only 1 way to we must agree.
I know you have no interest in educating yourself but I think its only fair of me to correct my faulty link

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:44 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:02 pm
I know you have no interest in educating yourself but I think its only fair of me to correct my faulty link

I'm well equipped in that department thanks, you wasn't even aware that you had posted the faulty link, no awareness whatsoever, I'll thoroughly digest the link & post a reply in due course if deemed appropriate.
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:39 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:18 pm
The New Stateman, 8th February, 2019.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/s ... t-i-learnt

Yes, Ringo, you really were the only one thinking along those lines, you old fraud !

Mystic/Autistic McCartney does indeed strike again. :lol:

And before you start squealing about the use of the word "autistic", it is NOT meant as an insult or to cause offence. Please take the time to read a few articles on the different forms autism can take. You might be shocked, bearing in mind your recent increasingly bizarre behaviour on here.
:lol: :lol:

You're so riled by my posts that you unearth a journalist who also shared my opinion!!

It is is allowed you know!

From 27th May 2019

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 1:20 pm
The burnley result, along with vast areas of the North and Midlands, shows if the metropolitan London bubble dwellers in the labour party ( the Islington dinner party) take the remain and 2nd referendum path, they'll be annihilated in their former heartlands.

Take your core voters for granted and deny democracy by not respecting and enacting the referendum result and they will punish you.

Don't believe me?

Look at Scotland.........
May 27th 2019!

Quite the Oracle eh Edward!?

But now, post election result, the resentment of me being proven right, and you wrong, time after time after time. Sees you using autism as some sort of sick put down to try and desperately mock me ! Oh dear.

You found a journalist piece that shared my opinion. Congratulations Sherlock!

Looking at the above post, they'll be a few other posters reading it and sharing my opinion, that you Edward, are one sick, sick puppy.......
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Post by Bfcboyo » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:54 pm

Brilliant thread this one. I'll call in again in a week .

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:17 pm

Er, the journalist's piece came well before your ahem "prediction" - read the dates. You've just clumsily lifted most of its content, you chump. I dare say there were many similar articles around at the time that you used.. This was the first I came across and, as it turned out, the only one I needed.

Talking of reading around, have another look at what I said about autism. I stressed - maybe you're just too dim to understand or, even worse, have chosen to ignore what I said - that the use of the word was NOT to offend or insult you. There are many other obvious ways of doing that...

I recommended you visit one or two sites specialising in highlighting the behaviour that autism, however slight or severe, displays in an effort to compare your rather obsessive behaviour on here with that. I said you'll be shocked and anybody who actually cares about you might even be worried by what you/they discover.

You may call upon others to support you - "Oooh, I'm being bullied again !" - that's absolutely fine by me but if you can't read or won't read what I put initially, specifically to put your mind at rest, then, frankly, you can stick it. You also inadvertently lend even more support to my suggestion of an underlying illness or weakness by doing so.

The bully - "I'll hunt you down !" - now complains about being picked on. Fabulous !

What were you banned for again ? :lol:

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5553 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:52 pm

Carried over from the Next Labour Leader thread - that particular thread and the discussion about the future of the Labour Party doesn't need to be taken off track again.
RingoMcCartney wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:14 pm
Oh The family Cat! You missed my 2 all time classics from 24th june 2016 how remiss of you!

"DEMOCRACY- SOMETIMES YOU LOSE"

and not forgetting my number piece of advice, which you evidently failed to listen to,

"YOU LOST . GET OVER IT"

Never was the last one , on the back of a thumping electoral defeat, more appropriate !

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I see you completely ignored the point again, but no real surprise there. You have a little phrase for that too don't you? "Playing the man not the ball" isn't it? Well on this occasion I think you missed both the man and the ball and ended up lying in a heap on the cinder track.

Anyway, it's time to leave this but before I do, I will try to explain to this you one last time; maybe this time you will read and absorb it. I never gave EU membership a second thought before the referendum. Given the choice on the day, I voted to remain as I had not seen or heard one reason compelling enough to make me believe we would be better off outside of the EU and in the last 3.5 years I still haven't. After leave won, I never once have said that Brexit should be cancelled or that Article 50 should be revoked, I just hoped we would leave in a way that did the least damage to the country and if that meant parliament discussing it more, then so be it. So there you have it; I'm not a rabid remainiac, europhile zealot or any of the other silly names you've thrown at me while off on one of your flights of fancy. I'm also not a passionate supporter of any political party, so when the party I voted for wins an election, i don't consider it to be a personal victory, nor a defeat and don't really take the result to heart, although I must admit on this occasion I really didn't want a Tory government led by Boris Johnson.

You're going to get your Brexit, you and your side won. I hope that Brexit works out how you want it, I sincerely do as it will mean that it has been a success and turned out to be a wise decision. If my opinion that Brexit will be bad for the country turns out to be correct though, I won't be crowing about it and ramming "I was right" down everyone's throat because if that does turn out to be the case, UK residents will be suffering and I do not wish that on anyone. I do wonder if your position will continue to be "I won" with no thought of the consequences for others, should Brexit and this election result cause hardship to others. Your behaviour, especially since last Friday makes me suspect it will.

Yes, I've mocked you over the last three years, not for the way you voted but because you have acted like a complete tit. You dug up some of my old posts as part of your "I've been bullied" woe is me act but I'm pretty sure that if you included the posts they were in response to, they would be a fair response to you carrying on like a drunk or a lunatic. And if you are, as some have suggested, suffering from a mental illness or have a learning difficulty, I genuinely apologise for making light of it, although in my opinion you are most likely neither.

A couple quick questions though before I finish. Don't worry, I'm not expecting answers. A reply perhaps, but not answers.

1. Were the millions who were in the majority that voted Labour in 1997, 2001 and 2005 right or wrong?

2. Why did you vote for a party that supports the zero hour contracts that you are so opposed to?
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

clarethomer
Been Liked: 944 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by clarethomer » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:11 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:52 pm
Carried over from the Next Labour Leader thread - that particular thread and the discussion about the future of the Labour Party doesn't need to be taken off track again.

I see you completely ignored the point again, but no real surprise there. You have a little phrase for that too don't you? "Playing the man not the ball" isn't it? Well on this occasion I think you missed both the man and the ball and ended up lying in a heap on the cinder track.

Anyway, it's time to leave this but before I do, I will try to explain to this you one last time; maybe this time you will read and absorb it. I never gave EU membership a second thought before the referendum. Given the choice on the day, I voted to remain as I had not seen or heard one reason compelling enough to make me believe we would be better off outside of the EU and in the last 3.5 years I still haven't. After leave won, I never once have said that Brexit should be cancelled or that Article 50 should be revoked, I just hoped we would leave in a way that did the least damage to the country and if that meant parliament discussing it more, then so be it. So there you have it; I'm not a rabid remainiac, europhile zealot or any of the other silly names you've thrown at me while off on one of your flights of fancy. I'm also not a passionate supporter of any political party, so when the party I voted for wins an election, i don't consider it to be a personal victory, nor a defeat and don't really take the result to heart, although I must admit on this occasion I really didn't want a Tory government led by Boris Johnson.

You're going to get your Brexit, you and your side won. I hope that Brexit works out how you want it, I sincerely do as it will mean that it has been a success and turned out to be a wise decision. If my opinion that Brexit will be bad for the country turns out to be correct though, I won't be crowing about it and ramming "I was right" down everyone's throat because if that does turn out to be the case, UK residents will be suffering and I do not wish that on anyone. I do wonder if your position will continue to be "I won" with no thought of the consequences for others, should Brexit and this election result cause hardship to others. Your behaviour, especially since last Friday makes me suspect it will.

Yes, I've mocked you over the last three years, not for the way you voted but because you have acted like a complete tit. You dug up some of my old posts as part of your "I've been bullied" woe is me act but I'm pretty sure that if you included the posts they were in response to, they would be a fair response to you carrying on like a drunk or a lunatic. And if you are, as some have suggested, suffering from a mental illness or have a learning difficulty, I genuinely apologise for making light of it, although in my opinion you are most likely neither.

A couple quick questions though before I finish. Don't worry, I'm not expecting answers. A reply perhaps, but not answers.

1. Were the millions who were in the majority that voted Labour in 1997, 2001 and 2005 right or wrong?

2. Why did you vote for a party that supports the zero hour contracts that you are so opposed to?
A rare post which appears balanced and accepting that it's ok to have different views and there is no absolute. I too voted based on the balance of what I felt was right in the round.

Whilst I am critical of Corbyn at time and the socialist views, I do not consider myself a tory. I have probably voted labour as many times as I have tory.

I wholly agree that it's right to hope for the best regardless of what you voted. In a world of no absolutes - I suspect there will be winners and losers going forward with brexit and with a tory government - just as there would have been winners and losers if Labour had won.

Nice to see some calm thoughts on here.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:25 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:

Cut to the chase-

The Family Cat- through out the previous 12 months -
"My gaggle and I regularly lost the arguement. Rather than admit it, and accept the referendum result and concede you, and your side won. I resorted to infantile groundless tropes , based on pure fantasy "

The Family Cat- December 2019
"You're going to get your Brexit, you and your side won."

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:49 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:17 pm
Er, the journalist's piece came well before your ahem "prediction" - read the dates. You've just clumsily lifted most of its content, you chump. I dare say there were many similar articles around at the time that you used.. This was the first I came across and, as it turned out, the only one I needed.

Talking of reading around, have another look at what I said about autism. I stressed - maybe you're just too dim to understand or, even worse, have chosen to ignore what I said - that the use of the word was NOT to offend or insult you. There are many other obvious ways of doing that...

I recommended you visit one or two sites specialising in highlighting the behaviour that autism, however slight or severe, displays in an effort to compare your rather obsessive behaviour on here with that. I said you'll be shocked and anybody who actually cares about you might even be worried by what you/they discover.

You may call upon others to support you - "Oooh, I'm being bullied again !" - that's absolutely fine by me but if you can't read or won't read what I put initially, specifically to put your mind at rest, then, frankly, you can stick it. You also inadvertently lend even more support to my suggestion of an underlying illness or weakness by doing so.

The bully - "I'll hunt you down !" - now complains about being picked on. Fabulous !

What were you banned for again ? :lol:

Your side lost. You're angry. You're particularly angry against someone who's predictions have come to pass.

You've gone from your , arguement losing , fantasies about me being drunk.

To being reduced to using autism as some sort of insult.

To think you claim to have been a teacher.....

I easily easily have predicted you'd react like this.

Then again , anybody reading your back catalogue of work, on here. Wouldn't exactly had to have been Mystic McCartney to have predicted it either!

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5553 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:10 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:25 pm
Cut to the chase-

The Family Cat- through out the previous 12 months -
"My gaggle and I regularly lost the arguement. Rather than admit it, and accept the referendum result and concede you, and your side won. I resorted to infantile groundless tropes , based on pure fantasy "

The Family Cat- December 2019
"You're going to get your Brexit, you and your side won."
Did you not bother reading it or did you just not understand? Thank you, goodnight.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:16 am

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:10 am
Did you not bother reading it or did you just not understand? Thank you, goodnight.
I read.

I understood.

I responded to the only part that counts.
TheFamilyCat wrote:
You're going to get your Brexit, you and your side won.
You're more than welcome. X

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:37 am

You prove my point beautifully, Ringo.
And to think I worked as a teacher with the occasional autistic kid and know exactly what I'm talking about.
Whether it's ASD, Asperger's or PDA, you tick many of the boxes. The mencap site is an excellent place to begin.
I predict :lol: you'll be shocked.
I don't particularly care whether you live or die, behave normally or irrationally but denial is not helpful for you.

taio
Been Liked: 3240 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:41 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:37 am
You prove my point beautifully, Ringo.
And to think I worked as a teacher with the occasional autistic kid and know exactly what I'm talking about.
Whether it's ASD, Asperger's or PDA, you tick many of the boxes. The mencap site is an excellent place to begin.
I predict :lol: you'll be shocked.
I don't particularly care whether you live or die, behave normally or irrationally but denial is not helpful for you.
Why if you think he has a disability do you mock him for it?

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:58 am

Taio, please read my earlier posts where I have stated quite clearly, twice, that I am neither mocking nor insulting Ringo.

If he has perchance been offended by my pointing out that the likely basis of his increasingly erratic behaviour is in an underlying weakness or illness then that is not my problem. He needs to accept his condition, move on and attempt to manage it a little more effectively and stop pretending to be the victim all the time. It's childish and counter-productive.

He has instead deliberately chosen to skip the helpful nature of my posts in order to repeat nonsensical claims of his mystic powers.

I'm a little disappointed in you - and embarrassed for you - as you've, either deliberately or through ignorance, fallen into the same trap.

Your input is admirable but, alas, a little misguided.

taio
Been Liked: 3240 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:09 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:58 am
Taio, please read my earlier posts where I have stated quite clearly, twice, that I am neither mocking nor insulting Ringo.

If he has perchance been offended by my pointing out that the likely basis of his increasingly erratic behaviour is in an underlying weakness or illness then that is not my problem. He needs to accept his condition, move on and attempt to manage it a little more effectively and stop pretending to be the victim all the time. It's childish and counter-productive.

He has instead deliberately chosen to skip the helpful nature of my posts in order to repeat nonsensical claims of his mystic powers.

I'm a little disappointed in you - and embarrassed for you - as you've, either deliberately or through ignorance, fallen into the same trap.

Your input is admirable but, alas, a little misguided.
I admit I haven't read the earlier posts and dont have time to just now. What I do know is Ringo has been subject to much and relentless personal abuse by a small group on here including you.
Dont be embarrassed for me - that would be dramatic.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:22 am

Would it ? How's that, then ?

To be honest, if you've fallen for the Ringo, the innocent, burning martyr crap, you're as delusional as he is although I do admire your loyalty, however misguided, to some extent.

Do you not think he's asked for everything he's got and it's only now when the depth of his problems have become all too apparent, that he's beginning to whine about being picked on ?

To be fair, though, I'll repeat that I have stressed several times I have no intention of insulting or offending the poor lad regarding his likely condition. Even so, I I knew he'd come back wailing about being a victim.

Pity him ? Possibly.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:17 am

Looks like somebody's epiphany has come two or three weeks early............. ;)

Cryssys
Been Liked: 141 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Cryssys » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:22 pm

elwaclaret wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:58 pm
I expect this government to look very seriously at how to boost the north.... they will be determined to keep their new voters happy.
I hope you're right but I have my doubts. Boris is already reneging on some of the "promises" he made, e.g. minimum wage, workers rights, environmental commitments. Given his record I expect more to follow. He's got the votes he needs now.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:12 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:22 am
Would it ? How's that, then ?

To be honest, if you've fallen for the Ringo, the innocent, burning martyr crap, you're as delusional as he is although I do admire your loyalty, however misguided, to some extent.

Do you not think he's asked for everything he's got and it's only now when the depth of his problems have become all too apparent, that he's beginning to whine about being picked on ?

To be fair, though, I'll repeat that I have stressed several times I have no intention of insulting or offending the poor lad regarding his likely condition. Even so, I I knew he'd come back wailing about being a victim.

Pity him ? Possibly.

Victim! ? :lol: No victim here!

Victims are often silenced , cowed or become subdued or more reticent to speak out.

Did your mono-"joke", one trick trick pony baseless accusations of me being drunk. When you , quickly and inevitably ran out of the ability to hold a reasoned rational discussion, and you resorted to your default position of angry, groundless character assassinations, do any of that Edward!!?? :lol: :lol:

No.

In fact, if anything, it just encouraged me to step a gear!! Confident in the knowledge that you're anger would grow. Your resentment would only increase. And look where you are now! Having to resort to now using the condition of autism in a last ditch , desperate attempt to label me , yet again!!

You haven't let me down Edward! :lol:

You are unable to join in the rest of the national mood of positivity. You refuse to share in the communal relief that, finally , brexit will be done. You choose to turn your back, curmudgeon-like, on the political mood lightening for the rest of us.

You relish the opportunity to play the angry, mangled, twisted, bitter , cold hearted loner. Still lashing out, blissfully unaware how others see this grotesque, "autistic" labelling, figure you seem to want to portray.

Dont let the ghosts of election and referendum losses past , eat away at soul Eddienezer

:lol: :lol: :lol: