Brexit: Uniting the Country Since 31/01/2020

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
BennyD
Been Liked: 1338 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by BennyD » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:43 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:32 pm
Don't be an idiot, I voted remain and I voted Tory. It was an election not a single issue referendum, what you are effectively arguing is that all those former Labour voters who voted Tory are so stupid that they cannot consider more than one issue or perhaps you were just thinking about yourself?
WTF are you on about? Unless you are more stupid than you first appear, the election was a second referendum; it was the the chance all sides were waiting for becsuse a second referendum was never going to happen. Had it, the leavers would still have won.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:56 pm

BennyD wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:38 pm
Because I voted Tory in order to get Brexit done. Also, I voted Tory in a traditional Labour constituency and the seat fell to the Tory onslaught, of which I was a part. How about you; did you vote for Labour in Burnley? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I didn’t ask who you voted ?
I asked how you think you are now relevant.
You described someone as irrelevant- which I’m assuming makes you think that you are relevant.
Is it too tough a question for you ?
Can you not find an emoji for it ?

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:57 pm

martin_p wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:56 pm
Which makes the claims that the general election was effectively a second referendum meaningless. Thanks for helping proving my point.
There's only desperate remoaners like you claiming it was.
This user liked this post: Dannyh1882

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1823 times
Has Liked: 3948 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:03 pm

bfcjg wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:15 pm
In your naive world there are no East European criminals they are all here picking fruit and working in factories and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Has anyone tried to claim that there are no East European criminals here?
The point is that it's such a minor issue for the vast majority of people and the country as a whole, that it's not worth prioritising from any perspective.
If you surveyed the electorate to ask why they voted how they did, the percentage of people who would prioritise this over the NHS, National Security, Jobs, sovereignty, defence, police numbers, schools etc., would most likely be below 1%. (In fact probably much below that).
Incidentally a Daily Telegraph study found that the crime rate of Eastern European immigrants was the virtually identical to that of the indigenous population, so you're focusing on something that statistically doesn't flag up as a problem.

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2814 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:16 pm

Anyone know Why Tory donors are buying EU citizenships?

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:24 pm

ClaretAndJew wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:16 pm
Anyone know Why Tory donors are buying EU citizenships?
Because they want to have EU citizenship and may be some of them are pro EU.

"Isaacs made personal and corporate donations of at least £626,500 to the party, £50,000 of it earmarked for The In Campaign, a group lobbying to remain in the EU."

Source: Reuters

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:32 pm

claretandy wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:57 pm
There's only desperate remoaners like you claiming it was.
You clearly didn’t read BennyD’s post which was the one I responded to as he explicitly makes that claim. Didn’t have him down as a desperate remoaner.

BennyD

Post by BennyD » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:13 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:56 pm
I didn’t ask who you voted ?
I asked how you think you are now relevant.
You described someone as irrelevant- which I’m assuming makes you think that you are relevant.
Is it too tough a question for you ?
Can you not find an emoji for it ?
'Who you voted'? Really? Fwiw, I feel relevant because I voted for the winning side and consequently, I feel relevant because my point of view is being represented. Whilst I no longer have an input as to how BJ goes about it, I'm happy because I helped to put him where he is. Perhaps I didn't dumb it down enough for you to understand if so, I apologise for not being able to get down to your level. 🙂😀🤣👍🙄🍺👍🖕

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:01 pm

BennyD wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:13 pm
'Who you voted'? Really? Fwiw, I feel relevant because I voted for the winning side and consequently, I feel relevant because my point of view is being represented. Whilst I no longer have an input as to how BJ goes about it, I'm happy because I helped to put him where he is. Perhaps I didn't dumb it down enough for you to understand if so, I apologise for not being able to get down to your level. 🙂😀🤣👍🙄🍺👍🖕
Aye ok - “you feel relevant”....but your life will change by f-uck all squared and you will remain a nobody posting sh-ite on a forum about being on the winning side.
If that is the best example you can think of you being relevant it didn’t last long did it ?
You are now back to being irrelevant - hope you enjoyed that few seconds in the voting booth.

I voted for Labour - I will benefit significantly financially from “losing”. I’d rather not have benefited but not much I can do about it now....but I know it has zero impact on the relevance of what I do which is every bit as relevant as before the election.

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 651 times
Has Liked: 2879 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:37 pm

BennyD wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:43 pm
WTF are you on about? Unless you are more stupid than you first appear, the election was a second referendum; it was the the chance all sides were waiting for becsuse a second referendum was never going to happen. Had it, the leavers would still have won.
It was a general election you simpleton, and I’m calling you a simpleton because that is the apt word for someone who has decided how to vote in this election based on just Brexit.

BennyD

Post by BennyD » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:59 pm

Wrong again. I voted Conservative because the Labour and Liberals didn’t appeal to me, to find they never have. Whilst it was a General election, it was called because of Brexit and voters voted accordingly. Cry all you want, but Brexit was the main reason the Tories went from a narrow majority, which was thrown away by May, to a hung Parliament, which allowed the remainers to thwart the will of the people and then the next election gave the Tories a landslide because the people voted to Get Brexit Done. I’m sorry I can’t break it down any more for you but perhaps it’s you that is ESN and not me. I guess we’ll never know for sure if the leavers would have won a second referendum but that’s because they made damn sure there would never be one.

Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Post by Bfcboyo » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:57 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50919327

Typical epitome of the contradictive argumentative noncey remainer.

Pepperclaret
Been Liked: 7 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Pepperclaret » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:21 am

We are where we are.
I honestly think we should let this 'post' rest. No faction has won. If people still feel so strongly about it then let it be reviewed around about mid year and honestly report the progress they think has been made on Brexit negotiations and 'other promises'.
This user liked this post: KateR

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:40 pm

Bfcboyo wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:57 am

Meanwhile in other Twitter news Tory Brexiteer comes up with a revolutionary idea around how to tackle the might of China, Russia and Iran

https://twitter.com/TomTugendhat/status ... 0695579650

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:46 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:40 pm
Meanwhile in other Twitter news Tory Brexiteer comes up with a revolutionary idea around how to tackle the might of China, Russia and Iran

https://twitter.com/TomTugendhat/status ... 0695579650
There seems to be a vast number of people on that thread, both the OP and all the responders, who have never heard of NATO but think that the EU does the same job as NATO.

dsr

Post by dsr » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:48 pm

Bfcboyo wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:57 am

Whether you're a remainer or not, I don't see anything inhumane about bashing a fox to death. You have to either kill the fox or else lock up the chickens in a fox-proof cage of some sort; neither is ideal.

A baseball bat, if wielded efficiently, would at least be quick. I don't suppose the man had any humane lethal injection to hand.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:00 pm

dsr wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:48 pm
Whether you're a remainer or not, I don't see anything inhumane about bashing a fox to death. You have to either kill the fox or else lock up the chickens in a fox-proof cage of some sort; neither is ideal.

A baseball bat, if wielded efficiently, would at least be quick. I don't suppose the man had any humane lethal injection to hand.
You don’t half post some weird **** sometimes dsr !

dsr

Post by dsr » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:03 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:00 pm
You don’t half post some weird **** sometimes dsr !
It was trapped in a mesh fence trying to get at the man's chickens. What should he have done?

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:08 pm

dsr wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:03 pm
It was trapped in a mesh fence trying to get at the man's chickens. What should he have done?
Nah you are spot on dsr
Some scumbag of a Tory city lawyer (there’s your first clue) nursing a hangover wearing his wife’s dressing gown beating an animal (which as you described was already trapped) to death with a baseball bat was his only option and perfectly normal
My bad.

dsr

Post by dsr » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:16 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:08 pm
Nah you are spot on dsr
Some scumbag of a Tory city lawyer (there’s your first clue) nursing a hangover wearing his wife’s dressing gown beating an animal (which as you described was already trapped) to death with a baseball bat was his only option and perfectly normal
My bad.
You're right that a lot of this is about what people wear. Much of the anti-fox hunting activity is because the people who do it wear red coats and look posh; not about foxes. Same with this bloke - because he picked up his wife's dressing gown, the action of beating the fox is somehow worse.

The chickens were frightened - have they no rights? Which life is worth more - a fox or a chicken? I suspect if the man had waited for the RSPCA to come out and "rescue" the fox, they wouldn't have been half as quick as when they scent a prosecution.

Two questions. 1 - what would you have done? It's a serious question. I don't know what I would do because I wouldn't have the stomach to bash it on the head, and trying to free it certainly isn't an option.

2 - is this a matter of principle? If you discovered a rat in your house, would you be equally horrified by the idea of someone battering it to death with a stick? (Rats have similar protections in law as foxes.)

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:29 pm

dsr wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:16 pm
You're right that a lot of this is about what people wear. Much of the anti-fox hunting activity is because the people who do it wear red coats and look posh; not about foxes. Same with this bloke - because he picked up his wife's dressing gown, the action of beating the fox is somehow worse.

The chickens were frightened - have they no rights? Which life is worth more - a fox or a chicken? I suspect if the man had waited for the RSPCA to come out and "rescue" the fox, they wouldn't have been half as quick as when they scent a prosecution.

Two questions. 1 - what would you have done? It's a serious question. I don't know what I would do because I wouldn't have the stomach to bash it on the head, and trying to free it certainly isn't an option.

2 - is this a matter of principle? If you discovered a rat in your house, would you be equally horrified by the idea of someone battering it to death with a stick? (Rats have similar protections in law as foxes.)
If the fox was trapped as you say why did he not just move the chickens and call the RSPCA ?

The fact that he had the arrogance and stupidity to tweet his victory and seemed proud of what he had done shows you that he had no intention of doing either.

Why do you think there are protection laws against it ?
You think the laws should be changed and it’s ok to do what he did ?

dsr

Post by dsr » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:40 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:29 pm
If the fox was trapped as you say why did he not just move the chickens and call the RSPCA ?

The fact that he had the arrogance and stupidity to tweet his victory and seemed proud of what he had done shows you that he had no intention of doing either.

Why do you think there are protection laws against it ?
You think the laws should be changed and it’s ok to do what he did ?
Where would he move them to? Most people who keep chickens in town don't have a second chicken run.

The point about protection laws is that there aren't any. You can't hunt foxes or rats with more than one dog, but apart from that it's pretty much open season. The RSPCA's own recommended way of killing a squirrel is to hit it on the head; so I doubt they will say much about doing the same to a fox.

Do you know what the council's own official method of killing rats and mice is? Slow acting poison. They want it slow acting so that the animals concerned have time to take it home to feed to their babies. Don't get overly sentimental about rats, mice or foxes. They aren't nice creatures; they aren't fluffy, they aren't cuddly, they aren't clean. Most people don't want them about the house.

KateR
Been Liked: 1018 times
Has Liked: 6156 times

Post by KateR » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:32 pm

it's not really about the fox is it!!

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:41 pm

Imagine if Boris had done it you tunnel vision lambs.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:52 pm

Bfcboyo wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:41 pm
Imagine if Boris had done it you tunnel vision lambs.
Good point lets imagine the two situations.

On Twitter Maugham has pretty much been crucified by his own remainer supporters because they dont agree with his actions and are not going to support it just because of tribal allegiance. On this board the only person to defend it is DSR who is as far from a remainer/Maughan supporter has can be. Also on Twitter the right wing Brexiteers have jumped on and also crucified Maughan for his actions so pretty much across the board condemnation

Now had Boris boasted on Twitter about battering a fox im guessing the left wing remainers would have been consistant in crucifying him just like they have done Maugham. The difference would have been the right wing Brexiteers would have at best been nowhere to be seen and at worst they'd have been doing all they could to defend and make excuses for him

You highlight a really good point about tunnel vision and hypocrisy but your stupidity and own tunnel vision prevents you from realising it is your own lot you're showing up

KateR

Post by KateR » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:53 pm

meanwhile in the real world where the years of strife on here have divided so many, it's now mostly sniping and lately a poor fox being used to drive home some point, which I am missing to be honest.

It's evidence of change, for the better or worse, as we move forward that should be points of discussion for anyone who wants this thread to continue, just my opinion of course.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50925321

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-50903266

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:07 pm

KateR wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:53 pm
meanwhile in the real world where the years of strife on here have divided so many, it's now mostly sniping and lately a poor fox being used to drive home some point, which I am missing to be honest.

It's evidence of change, for the better or worse, as we move forward that should be points of discussion for anyone who wants this thread to continue, just my opinion of course.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50925321

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-50903266
The first is potentially good news depending on how it is used, the second an announcing something which many hospitals do already. But I’m failing to see how either has been enabled by Brexit.

KateR

Post by KateR » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:16 pm

well to be honest I fully expected the usual backlash and soundbites of to little to late as tend to be the way people react these days.

I am glad to see you didn't come from that angle, however to answer your question, might not be actually enabled directly by Brexit, however since I believe that Brexit played a huge part in the present Gov. being in power and allowing them to implement this, I will claim it is :)

I have ended up with a mother and a mother-in-law plus father-in-law having long stays in a NHS hospital over the last 10 years, all three in different hospitals, none of which did, so I will only comment on what I know for facts. Plus I do believe there have been many campaigning for this to happen, therefore again I will state it is a step in the right direction by this Gov. so a couple of ticks on the plus side for me. Yes I definitely expect in the future there will be ticks in the negative column also to even things out, yet many on here were stating nothing but disaster would come from this election result, so let's put that one to bed now.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:27 pm

KateR wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:16 pm
well to be honest I fully expected the usual backlash and soundbites of to little to late as tend to be the way people react these days.

I am glad to see you didn't come from that angle, however to answer your question, might not be actually enabled directly by Brexit, however since I believe that Brexit played a huge part in the present Gov. being in power and allowing them to implement this, I will claim it is :)

I have ended up with a mother and a mother-in-law plus father-in-law having long stays in a NHS hospital over the last 10 years, all three in different hospitals, none of which did, so I will only comment on what I know for facts. Plus I do believe there have been many campaigning for this to happen, therefore again I will state it is a step in the right direction by this Gov. so a couple of ticks on the plus side for me. Yes I definitely expect in the future there will be ticks in the negative column also to even things out, yet many on here were stating nothing but disaster would come from this election result, so let's put that one to bed now.
It’s all just words at the moment, promising words but words none the less. Let’s see if investment does increase in the north compared to the south before we judge those words. Same with the hospital parking, although if this decreases the funds available for treatment I’m not sure it’s a big win anyway. One of the reasons hospital parking charges were introduced is because hospitals needed to find ways of reducing their debts.

KateR

Post by KateR » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:32 pm

you just couldn't bring yourself to say it looks promising or something could you lol

Charging people who are visiting people waiting for a loved one to die has no excuse, please do not try to justify this in any way shape or form, you're better than this

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:38 pm

KateR wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:32 pm
you just couldn't bring yourself to say it looks promising or something could you lol

Charging people who are visiting people waiting for a loved one to die has no excuse, please do not try to justify this in any way shape or form, you're better than this
I literally used the word ‘promising’ in my post!

KateR

Post by KateR » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:45 pm

yes you did, but had to add "words" and denigrate the whole thrust of it, no problem, it is always a forward looking view.

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:47 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:52 pm

On Twitter Maugham has pretty much been crucified by his own remainer supporters because they dont agree with his actions and are not going to support it just because of tribal allegiance. On this board the only person to defend it is DSR who is as far from a remainer/Maughan supporter has can be. Also on Twitter the right wing Brexiteers have jumped on and also crucified Maughan for his actions so pretty much across the board condemnation

Now had Boris boasted on Twitter about battering a fox im guessing the left wing remainers would have been consistant in crucifying him just like they have done Maugham. The difference would have been the right wing Brexiteers would have at best been nowhere to be seen and at worst they'd have been doing all they could to defend and make excuses for him

You highlight a really good point about tunnel vision and hypocrisy but your stupidity and own tunnel vision prevents you from realising it is your own lot you're showing up

I dont do Twitter it's mainly for herdy twots like yourself so I couldn't comment.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:50 pm

KateR wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:45 pm
yes you did, but had to add "words" and denigrate the whole thrust of it, no problem, it is always a forward looking view.
I didn’t denigrate the thrust of it at all. Surely you’d agree that the proof of the pudding is in the eating? As I said, promising words but let’s see what happens.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:53 pm

Somebody describes it as promising and then gets criticised for not bringing himself to admit its promising.

Pretty much sums up this thread - selective blindness !

KateR

Post by KateR » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:55 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:52 pm

so just guessing at something, then jumping on supposition of what a large group of people would do, then of course we have the usual insults from you, normally I like to say good to see nothing has changed but in your case!!

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:56 pm

Bfcboyo wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:47 pm
I dont do Twitter it's mainly for herdy twots like yourself so I couldn't comment.
Haha firstly your imagined view of Twitter is nothing like the reality. You'd probably like it to be fair as its full of knuckledraggers either abusing people or getting easily offended (Its precisely how and where the BBC story you've linked has come from)

Secondly you reluctance to comment on something you know nothing about surprises me cos it doesn't normally stop you but keep it up as its a good approach to take

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:00 pm

KateR wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:55 pm
so just guessing at something, then jumping on supposition of what a large group of people would do, then of course we have the usual insults from you, normally I like to say good to see nothing has changed but in your case!!
Its what they have done and continue to do over and over again so im comfortable in my supposition thanks. You stick to the free hospital parking as judging by your posts so far you could do with a bit more reading of the subject to understand its nowhere near the bright news you imagine it to be

KateR

Post by KateR » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:08 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:00 pm
Its what they have done and continue to do over and over again so im comfortable in my supposition thanks. You stick to the free hospital parking as judging by your posts so far you could do with a bit more reading of the subject to understand its nowhere near the bright news you imagine it to be
I'm positive you will enlighten me on this and so many other subjects as you have continued to do over so many years of politely postings on a multitude of subjects, all of which you are the fountain of all knowledge IT. Bringing a ray of sunshine to the idiots who dare to actual pose an alternative view, but I can empathize with you as it is such a lonely place being a supreme being casting down your pearls of wisdom on the rest of us mere mortals of little understand of how anything in the world happens.

Have a great and comfortable New Year basking in your glory

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:12 pm

KateR wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:08 pm
I'm positive you will enlighten me on this and so many other subjects as you have continued to do over so many years of politely postings on a multitude of subjects, all of which you are the fountain of all knowledge IT. Bringing a ray of sunshine to the idiots who dare to actual pose an alternative view, but I can empathize with you as it is such a lonely place being a supreme being casting down your pearls of wisdom on the rest of us mere mortals of little understand of how anything in the world happens.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This user liked this post: KateR

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:17 pm

KateR wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:08 pm

Is he IT ?

Oh God I could sense something might not be quite right with him.

Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Post by Lowbankclaret » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:11 pm

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:32 pm

Is Brexit Party think EU is doomed really news?

KateR

Post by KateR » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:42 pm

Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Post by Lowbankclaret » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:01 pm

martin_p wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:32 pm
Is Brexit Party think EU is doomed really news?

Not really, been saying it will happen for a couple of years.

Heathclaret
Been Liked: 190 times
Has Liked: 179 times

Post by Heathclaret » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:05 pm

aggi wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:59 pm
They were introduced way before Johnson. They came in during Livingstone's terms. We somehow flogged a large number of them to Malta where they regularly get stuck.

Personally I'd opt for the pint with Corbyn. He seems a nice enough bloke, just way out of his depth. I reckon Johnson would be one of those who starts a fight and then legs it.
If it was Livigstone, I apologise, thought I read it was Johnson.

I see your point about having a drink with Corbyn, not sure I could stay awake though. As for Johnson, I could start the fight and leg it, leave him to face the consequences. 😂

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 929 times

Post by CombatClaret » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:33 am

$170 Billion and Counting: The Cost of Brexit for the U.K.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... or-the-u-k

Now exceeding the 47-year total of our net EU contributions

"There will be no downside to Brexit" - Former Brexit Minister

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:45 pm

Looks like the Irish border issues are still potentially rumbling on https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... rn-ireland

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:48 pm

I have not been on this thread for...well ages (can't rememeber when - a year or more maybe?). 430 pages of people arguing pointlessly on an issue no one will now ever change their mind on and which, to all intents and purposes, is essentially over. It's a bit like arguing over the colour of sh!te.

And what the f*ck has fox hunting got to do with anything?

Maybe I'll come on here in another year to read about what people think Brexit has done to us, assuming we haven't all died in the war that Cameron said might happen if we left. FFS. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by houseboy on Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

BennyD

Post by BennyD » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:59 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:48 am
Retainers would win a referendum, this was a general election.
Still think the remoaners would win a second referendum? it’s been a month since your electoral drubbing and I haven’t heard a single mention of a second referendum.Why’s that then do you think? is it because everyone but you realises that the GE was the second referendum? :lol:
This user liked this post: Burnley Ace