Brexit: Uniting the Country Since 31/01/2020

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Tall Paul » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:57 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:I know what evidence means.

Prove you do.

Provide EVIDENCE that brexit will have a negative impact on the uk.

Before you do make sure it's not simply supposition, presupposition, presumption, premise, belief, expectation, conjecture, speculation, surmise, guess, theory, hypothesis, postulation, deduction, inference, thought, suspicion, assumptions, projections, scenarios given varying criteria, predictions, assumptions and forecasts .

You could start by naming the country that has previously left the EU.
What's the point?

You'll only ignore it and then cut and paste the same shite over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:01 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Ringo, is this how you "think" about climate change too? Because we've never lived through such a catastrophic climate change we can't possibly know that it'll be bad for us?
You're just the weather girl claiming she has EVIDENCE of climate change while pointing to the weather map saying, "SCORTCHIO!"

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:02 pm

Tall Paul wrote:What's the point?

You'll only ignore it and then cut and paste the same shite over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
Try me.

Fire up the delorean.

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:06 pm

Yep. He really is this ignorant.
RingoMcCartney wrote:You're just the weather girl claiming she has EVIDENCE of climate change while pointing to the weather map saying, "SCORTCHIO!"

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3338 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:47 pm

He’s hilarious. I didn’t think I could love Ringo anymore but he just keeps getting better.

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 654 times
Has Liked: 2894 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:49 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:I know what evidence means.

Prove you do.
Don’t think you do but here is another little teaser for you. what would happen if you flew a space rocket into the Sun? No one has done that before but do you have a belief based on the body of evidence available?

LeuvenClaret
Been Liked: 18 times
Has Liked: 118 times

Post by LeuvenClaret » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:18 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:Yep. He really is this ignorant.
There is a difference between evidence and proof. Ringo appears after nearly 40 pages to still not understand that.

Evidence can be provided to support opinions before an event proof can not, but alas lets go another 40 pages while Ringo bleats on you can’t.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:03 am

Burnley Ace wrote:Don’t think you do but here is another little teaser for you. what would happen if you flew a space rocket into the Sun? No one has done that before but do you have a belief based on the body of evidence available?
What is your bizarre obsession with the sun? Trying to use the attempt to fly into a ball of fire as analogy for a country leaving the EU for the first time , is so not right, it's not even wrong!

Anyway, back down to earth. You got any evidence that leaving the EU will have a negative impact on the uk yet?

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:08 am

Yes.

two EU institutions have left the UK, taking about 2000 jobs with them.

Next!

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:08 am

LeuvenClaret wrote:There is a difference between evidence and proof. Ringo appears after nearly 40 pages to still not understand that.

Evidence can be provided to support opinions before an event proof can not, but alas lets go another 40 pages while Ringo bleats on you can’t.
If you'd like to provide evidence that leaving the EU will have a negative impact on the uk, your more than welcome.

But remember, we haven't left yet. And no other country has previously left the EU before.

Supposition, presupposition, presumption, premise, belief, expectation, conjecture, speculation, surmise, guess, theory, hypothesis, postulation, deduction, inference, thought, suspicion, assumptions, projections, scenarios given varying criteria, predictions, assumptions, forecasts and what may prove to be reversible or short term business decisions are not evidence of whether or not leaving the EU will have either a negative or positive impact on the uk.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:13 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Yes.

Next!
Short term or reversible business decisions are not evidence that brexit will have a negative or positive impact on the uk.

The FT of all places is reporting that EU asset managers are actually considering moving to the UK because of Brexit. 

EU fund managers are up in arms over EU rules which would force them to trade dual-listed shares on uncompetitive EU exchanges after Brexit if the Commission refuse to give them access to London after Brexit.

Foreign investment into the uk being at record levels.

Employment rates being at decades long record levels

Unemployment rates being at long term lows.

Current real wages rising well above inflation.

Are NOT EVIDENCE that brexit will have a POSITIVE impact on the uk.

We haven't left yet.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:17 am

Yes they are.

You asked for a negative impact that us leaving the EU has done.

I have given you two.

You have ignored them because it doesn't suit your argument.

Doesn't do your argument any favours at all as it proves you are willing to ignore reality.

In short, Brexiteers v LC on here since 2016.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1644 times
Has Liked: 400 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:26 am

Next!
Fake news alert :D

EU Institutions employ 1,262 British citizens across the entire EU.

Yes, their jobs are at risk. Silly and arguably racist EU rules say you have to have EU citizenship to work in an EU institution.

I suspect Lancs is referring to the European Medicine’s Agency and the European Banking Authority? How many of their employees are British citizens?

To offset this, how many jobs have been created due to Brexit in our own government institutions? I would wager more.

Let’s stick to real news, not fake news.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:29 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Yes they are.

You asked for a negative impact that us leaving the EU has done.

I have given you two.

You have ignored them because it doesn't suit your argument.

Doesn't do your argument any favours at all as it proves you are willing to ignore reality.

In short, Brexiteers v LC on here since 2016.
And the examples of record levels of foreign investment, dual listed shares, real wages, record levels of employment ( despite being told to expect an extra 850,000 unemployed!!) ???

You're choosing to ignore that.

Why?

It doesn't suit YOUR argument.

What part of the following do you not understand?

We

Have

Not

Left

The

European

Union

Yet

?

Your the passenger on the plane that's experienced a few lumps and bumps while taxiing on the tarmac prior to take of and your screaming " that's evidence that this plane will definitely crash!"

Only once the plane ( the UK ) takes off, and arrived, will we know how the journey went.

Unfortunately for you, time travel , has not happened yet.
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1644 times
Has Liked: 400 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:31 am

3.8% of EU staff are Brits (few Brits apply because they have to pass the “concours” exam which includes foreign languages, it is one reason for our lack of relative influence).

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:36 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:3.8% of EU staff are Brits (few Brits apply because they have to pass the “concours” exam which includes foreign languages, it is one reason for our lack of relative influence).

EU staff don't decide things.

What "lack of relative influence"? We have all the influence we are entitled to by our population.

Of course, you can't answer these questions because you've protected yourself from them.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:44 am

I am sticking to real news Crosspool.

That is 2000 jobs that are no longer in the UK.

That is 2000 people who no longer pay taxes, use services, spend money in the UK.

I do worry about some of you on here sometimes. The desire to desperately prove me wrong is resulting in some pretty wild claims.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:50 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:I am sticking to real news Crosspool.

That is 2000 jobs that are no longer in the UK.

That is 2000 people who no longer pay taxes, use services, spend money in the UK.

I do worry about some of you on here sometimes. The desire to desperately prove me wrong is resulting in some pretty wild claims.
Somebody get an air stewardess to tell the hysterical passenger, Lancaster Claret, "we're still on the runway sir. We haven't taken off yet"

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:54 am

Ringo, i'm going to leave you to argue with yourself about evidence.

You asked for 100% evidence.

I provided it.

Another Brexiteer who is normally bright chimed in to look even sillier to back a fellow Brexiteer.

You keep digging the hole by SHOCK! HORROR! deflecting it!

Keep going though, as I'm off out with the kids but this thread continues to be terrific entertainment, if slightly worrying!

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:05 am

It's funny how I make perfectly valid, coherent arguments and i get accused of destroying the message board because the manner in which i present them is abrasive. Yet those same people never seem to criticise Ringo, who never seems to make any arguments.

When are we going to start talking about how he contributes to the messageboard?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:47 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Ringo, i'm going to leave you to argue with yourself about evidence.

You asked for 100% evidence.

I provided it.

Another Brexiteer who is normally bright chimed in to look even sillier to back a fellow Brexiteer.

You keep digging the hole by SHOCK! HORROR! deflecting it!

Keep going though, as I'm off out with the kids but this thread continues to be terrific entertainment, if slightly worrying!
Your "EVIDENCE" is simply business decisions that may prove to be reversible or short.

Your refusal to accept that UNTIL we actually leave the European Union. You pointing to bad economic events or me pointing to good economic events cannot be EVIDENCE that brexit will have a NEGATIVE or POSITIVE impact on the uk is premature.

We

Have

Not

Left

Yet.

Till then only those who believing time travel exists are looking "silly"
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:50 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:It's funny how I make perfectly valid, coherent arguments and i get accused of destroying the message board because the manner in which i present them is abrasive. Yet those same people never seem to criticise Ringo, who never seems to make any arguments.

When are we going to start talking about how he contributes to the messageboard?
Is that what you refer to as "whataboutery"?

LeuvenClaret

Post by LeuvenClaret » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:57 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:If you'd like to provide evidence that leaving the EU will have a negative impact on the uk, your more than welcome.

But remember, we haven't left yet. And no other country has previously left the EU before.

Supposition, presupposition, presumption, premise, belief, expectation, conjecture, speculation, surmise, guess, theory, hypothesis, postulation, deduction, inference, thought, suspicion, assumptions, projections, scenarios given varying criteria, predictions, assumptions, forecasts and what may prove to be reversible or short term business decisions are not evidence of whether or not leaving the EU will have either a negative or positive impact on the uk.
For sure but you keep wanting 100% evidence of what will happen of something in the future, thats not evidence thats proof.
Any item that you have listed could be used as evidence of something that could happen.

Once it has happened you have proof.

LeuvenClaret

Post by LeuvenClaret » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:03 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:You pointing to bad economic events or me pointing to good economic events cannot be EVIDENCE that brexit will have a NEGATIVE or POSITIVE impact on the uk.
Of course they can.
You have already admitted Evidence is not 100% conclusive.

Change evidance to proof and your quote would be correct.
Last edited by LeuvenClaret on Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:04 pm

thatdberight wrote:Is that what you refer to as "whataboutery"?
Am i deflecting anything? Is my post in response to someone who has made a criticism and i'm choosing not to respond to that criticism by pointing to someone else?

No.

Nice try though. Not really. It's was dumb. But i'm all about positivity right now and so you get a participation award.

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2633 times
Has Liked: 6448 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:08 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Somebody get an air stewardess to tell the hysterical passenger, Lancaster Claret, "we're still on the runway sir. We haven't taken off yet"
yeah, but he's looked out to see the horizon and noticed the promised £350M wings are not there, and as for the engines - there's no way 2 pigeons and a parrot will lift the Brexit plane.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:10 pm

Ringo is literally arguing against the dictionary definition of the word "evidence" in favour of his own opinion of what it means.

If that isn't a perfect illustration of how some people deny reality in favour of their own fantasy then I don't know what is.
This user liked this post: LeuvenClaret

LeuvenClaret

Post by LeuvenClaret » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:11 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:yeah, but he's looked out to see the horizon and noticed the promised £350M wings are not there, and as for the engines - there's no way 2 pigeons and a parrot will lift the Brexit plane.
And in Ringo's world as the plane has not taken off yet there is no evidence to say it can't.
Last edited by LeuvenClaret on Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 930 times

Post by CombatClaret » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:12 pm

Also Wrongo you'd gain 1% more respect If you stop with those massive spaces

Between

Words

It just eats up space and breaks up the debate. But that's probably why you do it.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:16 pm

LeuvenClaret wrote:For sure but you keep wanting 100% evidence of what will happen of something in the future, thats not evidence thats proof.
Any item that you have listed could be used as evidence of something that COULD happen.

Once it has happened you have proof.
"COULD" happen. Your words. "COULD" happen.

I DO NOT "keep wanting 100% evidence of what will happen of something in the future,"

Its not possible. As I've been saying all through this thread. But if Remoaners have it then it's only right they produce it.

And I actually agree with you. Once we've left the EU, and time has passed, we will have proof as to whether brexit has been either a negative or positive for the UK.

But time and time again , the Ceaseless Remoaners on here keep claiming they have "EVIDENCE".

All they present is short term or reversible business decisions that may or may not be evidence that brexit will have a negative impact on the uk.

They, you and I only have an opinion.

However I'll ask you again to provide any "EVIDENCE" that brexit will have a negative impact on the uk.

Remember that no other country has previously left the EU previously.

Over to you.

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:23 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:"Remember that no other country has previously left the EU previously.
This statement is incorrect, and I have evidence to prove this. It's not hard to find either using your search engine of choice.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:23 pm

LeuvenClaret wrote:And in Ringo's world as the plane has not taken off yet there is no evidence to say can't.
Planes have taken off previously. (Thats allows me to have an OPINION that it will )

Nobody has ever left the EU previously.

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:25 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Planes have taken off previously. (Thats allows me to have an OPINION that it will )
not without wings they haven't
RingoMcCartney wrote:Nobody has ever left the EU previously.
yes they have

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:25 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:This statement is incorrect, and I have evidence to prove this. It's not hard to find either using your search engine of choice.
You haven't.

Greenland left the EEC.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:26 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:not without wings they haven't

yes they have
No they haven't.

Greenland left the EEC.

Tall Paul

Post by Tall Paul » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:28 pm

That seems like pedantry to me Ringo, and we all know you hate pedantry.
These 2 users liked this post: Rick_Muller nil_desperandum

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:30 pm

CombatClaret wrote:Also Wrongo you'd gain 1% more respect If you stop with those massive spaces

Between

Words

It just eats up space and breaks up the debate. But that's probably why you do it.
CombatClaret wrote "Just like how in a trial a special witness can be called to give their expert OPINION to add to the BODY OF EVIDENCE."

You been to see the trial judge and ask him to sentence somebody for murder based on a witness statement which was added to form the BODY OF EVIDENCE. 

BEFORE THE MURDER ACTUALLY TOOK PLACE YET?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:32 pm

Tall Paul wrote:That seems like pedantry to me Ringo, and we all know you hate pedantry.

No. It's a fact.

You may not like it.

But its a fact.

LeuvenClaret

Post by LeuvenClaret » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:36 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:"COULD" happen. Your words. "COULD" happen.

But time and time again , the Ceaseless Remoaners on here keep claiming they have "EVIDENCE".
All they present is short term or reversible business decisions that may or may not be evidence that brexit will have a negative impact on the uk.
They, you and I only have an opinion.
Opinion can be used as evidence, go to any court room.
Your use of the word in these arguments is wrong, you have been asking for proof as evidence.

Tall Paul

Post by Tall Paul » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:40 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:No. It's a fact.

You may not like it.

But its a fact.
I'm not denying it's a fact but, often, when I (and others) point out facts to you, you accuse us of being pedants.

For example, the TV Licence fiasco.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:45 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:CombatClaret wrote "Just like how in a trial a special witness can be called to give their expert OPINION to add to the BODY OF EVIDENCE."

You been to see the trial judge and ask him to sentence somebody for murder based on a witness statement which was added to form the BODY OF EVIDENCE. 

BEFORE THE MURDER ACTUALLY TOOK PLACE YET?
Evidence can be used to make predictions. For example, based on your history of being wrong and not changing your mind when it is demonstrated you are wrong, i predict that nothing anyone of us can possibly say will make you change your mind about this which you are demonstrably, categorically wrong about.

Now, lets see how my evidence-based prediction pans out. Continue.
These 3 users liked this post: Rick_Muller LeuvenClaret Tall Paul

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:47 pm

Tall Paul wrote:I'm not denying it's a fact but, often, when I (and others) point out facts to you, you accuse us of being pedants.

For example, the TV Licence fiasco.
Got a link? I always enjoy reading Ringo running Ringos around himself.

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2350 times
Has Liked: 3178 times

Post by Paul Waine » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:52 pm

Next!
One was EMA in Canary Wharf. They've moved to Amsterdam. The wife of one of my friends works there. He's also moved from London to Den Haag. He is Italian - and had worked in London for over 10 years. She is Polish.

I wish them both well - and look forward to visiting them sometime. Den Haag is a very civilised European city. I lived there for a short time in the early 1990s - before freedom of movement existed.

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:53 pm

I've got to say that I wont be partaking in this any further as it constitutes bullying, as wrong as he is about a lot of things I don't want to contribute to his poor mental health.

Tall Paul

Post by Tall Paul » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:55 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Got a link? I always enjoy reading Ringo running Ringos around himself.
The search function isn't up to much, but it's probably been deleted anyway. It was the one when Ringo kept saying that you can be sent to jail for not paying the TV Licence, you must remember it.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:57 pm

Tall Paul wrote:I'm not denying it's a fact.
Fine.

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2350 times
Has Liked: 3178 times

Post by Paul Waine » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:01 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:EU staff don't decide things.

What "lack of relative influence"? We have all the influence we are entitled to by our population.

Of course, you can't answer these questions because you've protected yourself from them.
Hi I T, have you ever worked with any EU staff? Have you ever tried to work with them or debate with them on some of their draft directives?

My experience, EU staff can have a great impact on the shape/content of a lot of our laws.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:04 pm

LeuvenClaret wrote:Opinion can be used as evidence, go to any court room.
Your use of the word in these arguments is wrong, you have been asking for proof as evidence.

OK.

I'll give you yet another opportunity to provide either EVIDENCE or PROOF. That brexit will have a negative impact on the uk.

Over to you.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3436 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:07 pm

Paul Waine wrote:Hi I T, have you ever worked with any EU staff? Have you ever tried to work with them or debate with them on some of their draft directives?

My experience, EU staff can have a great impact on the shape/content of a lot of our laws.
Bit like the upper echelons of the Civil Service in the UK?

LeuvenClaret

Post by LeuvenClaret » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:08 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:OK.

I'll give you yet another opportunity to provide either EVIDENCE or PROOF. That brexit will have a negative impact on the uk.

Over to you.
I was never aurguing one way or the other I just didn't like the way you used the words incorrectly.
So the evidence I have is that you were wrong here.

As for wanting evidence if you got your head out of your arse and took a look around you would find loads of it.