Brexit: Uniting the Country Since 31/01/2020

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:16 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:Ok, this is going back to page 9 and 10 but nevertheless:

In my OPINION not having similar access to information on advanced passenger details ( the EU SIS II) on incoming flights as we do now will have a negative impact.

The evidence I am relying on is that we currently access it over 500 million times a year, it’s the largest information system for public security in Europe and there is the report published by Parliament on the 7th Dec 2018 and that there is no agreement in place not enabling legislation.

My OPINION may change as new information comes to light but at the moment the available evidence is that we don’t have an agreement and that will be negative.
BINGO!

You admit you have an OPINION.

And it's a FACT that we currently access it over 500 million times a year.

But, it's a fundamental mistake to assume that WHEN WE LEAVE, there won't be an equivalent or even an improved version in the future.

The process of leaving the EU has not happened yet. The process is incomplete, not concluded.

We do not have the benefit of the passage of time to see how the negotiations around EU SIS II HAVE CONCLUDED.

Therefore it's CONJECTURE to claim that in the short tern not having access to EU SIS II is EVIDENCE that brexit will have a negative impact on the uk.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:20 pm

LeuvenClaret wrote:Corrected.
LeuvenClaret you constantly make the same mistake . Over and over again.

I DO NOT CLAIM TO HAVE ANY EVIDENCE.

THE LIKES OF MARTY AND BURNLEY ACE DO.

Please try and read the words and absorb them.

Following the referendum result, the stock market fell dramatically. 

Imploding Turtle was on here through out the following 48 hours posting graphs of the fall in the FTSE 100.

He claimed this was EVIDENCE of the promised stock market crash!

His OPINION was wrong and to claim it was EVIDENCE was also wrong. 

Why?

Because since then, the FTSE 100 has recovered and reached records levels. 

His OPINION was based on incomplete EVIDENCE. He had not allowed time to judge whether his OPINION was based on an event that was short term.

His opinion was CONJECTURE as it was based on a short term, incomplete event.

Given that brexit HAS NOT HAPPENED YET, and may not happen yet, people are basing their OPINION not on what they are mistakenly assuming and calling "EVIDENCE" but on CONJECTURE. 

CONJECTURE - An opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.

Your thoughts.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:23 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:You are contradicting yourself- they cannot have evidence for a future event then go on to say they have past irrefutable scientific EVIDENCE.

So you accept that they can use evidence from other experiments to provide evidence for a future event!!

No contradiction on my part.

You can have EVIDENCE that enables you to make a PREDICTION on a future event. Like scientists

You cannot provide EVIDENCE for a future event.

You can have CONJECTURE. Like you

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Post by Tall Paul » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:27 pm

So we can add conjecture to the list of words that Ringo doesn't understand the meaning of.

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 654 times
Has Liked: 2894 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:37 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:BINGO!

You admit you have an OPINION.

And it's a FACT that we currently access it over 500 million times a year.

But, it's a fundamental mistake to assume that WHEN WE LEAVE, there won't be an equivalent or even an improved version in the future.

The process of leaving the EU has not happened yet. The process is incomplete, not concluded.

We do not have the benefit of the passage of time to see how the negotiations around EU SIS II HAVE CONCLUDED.

Therefore it's CONJECTURE to claim that in the short tern not having access to EU SIS II is EVIDENCE that brexit will have a negative impact on the uk.

Oh god we are back to page 2 again!

What is EVIDENCE Ringo? It’s the AVAILABLE body of facts indicating whether a belief is true!

My belief - leaving EU SIS II will have a negative impact
The AVAILABLE body of facts (the evidence)- as above.

What are you relying on that makes you think there will be an equivalent or better system? What are you relying on that makes you think leaving EU SIS II isn’t going to be negative.

New evidence may emerge that will refute my belief but at the moment there is none.

LeuvenClaret
Been Liked: 18 times
Has Liked: 118 times

Post by LeuvenClaret » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:37 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:LeuvenClaret you constantly make the same mistake . Over and over again.

His OPINION was based on incomplete EVIDENCE.

Your thoughts.
But it was evidence then? your words not mine.
Just because the evidence is incomplete or wrong does not negate it from being evidence at the time.
This user liked this post: Burnley Ace

Burnley Ace

Post by Burnley Ace » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:46 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
You can have EVIDENCE that enables you to make a PREDICTION on a future event. Like scientists

What is the difference between “have” and “provide”?

Have - possess, own, or hold
Provide - make available for use

You can have evidence that enables you to make a prediction (form a belief you believe is true) on a future event but you cannot “make available for use” evidence for a future event.

You just don’t make sense.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3765 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:53 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:So we've tried analogies based on the sunrise, flying rockets to the sun. Now we're off the the fracture clinic! :lol:

Marty, we have not left yet.

People have broken their arms in the past. We can look at previous outcomes and prognosis. To PREDICT outcomes.

For the last time.

WE HAVE NOT LEFT THE EUROPEAN UNION YET.

NOBODY HAS EVER LEFT THE EU BEFORE.

Stop pointing to what may turn out to be short term replacable or reversible business decisions or events and claiming them to be EVIDENCE that brexit will have a negative impact on the uk.

Only the passage of time will afford us the opportunity to judge with any accuracy whether or not leaving the EU HAS BEEN either positive or negative for the UK.

Till then you do not have EVIDENCE. Just an opinion.

Exactly like me.
But you’ve accepted that you can predict the outcome of a spaceship flying into the sun despite the fact it’s never happened, why can’t you extend that to other things?

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:02 pm

Ringo typing out these comments with steam billowing out of his ears. Probably the only entertaining thing about these Brexit threads.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:11 pm

Well, this thread has about ten minutes left so enjoy it while we can!

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 930 times

Post by CombatClaret » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:12 pm

SGr wrote:Ringo typing out these comments with steam billowing out of his ears. Probably the only entertaining thing about these Brexit threads.
He's probably laughing because we're discussing semantics and not actual Brexit.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:55 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:Oh god we are back to page 2 again!

What is EVIDENCE Ringo? It’s the AVAILABLE body of facts indicating whether a belief is true!

My belief - leaving EU SIS II will have a negative impact
The AVAILABLE body of facts (the evidence)- as above.

What are you relying on that makes you think there will be an equivalent or better system? What are you relying on that makes you think leaving EU SIS II isn’t going to be negative.

New evidence may emerge that will refute my belief but at the moment there is none.
Your calling the FACT we we currently access the largest information system for public security in Europe "EVIDENCE". Having access to it is a FACT. Not EVIDENCE.

You're making the ASSUMPTION that WHEN brexit happens there won't be an equivalent or better system to replace it.

You're then making the quantum leap to to claiming that loosing something that we have now , to be evidence that brexit will have a negative impact on the uk. You're refusing to accept it'll be replaced or an agreement to continue to access it will not be made.

I have no EVIDENCE to rely on that says it will be replaced or improved. Nor am I saying that losing it would be negative on the U.K.

However, until we have actually left and time allows to see whether or not we did make an agreement to continue access it.

Claiming that losing it as EVIDENCE will brexit will have a negative impact on the uk is simply CONJECTURE.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:08 pm

LeuvenClaret wrote:But it was evidence then? your words not mine.
Just because the evidence is incomplete or wrong does not negate it from being evidence at the time.
Now you're making false claims!

I said "He claimed this was EVIDENCE of the promised stock market crash!"

My words describing what HE said and claimed.

His OPINION was wrong and to claim it was EVIDENCE was premature and wrong.

Claiming to Refuse to accept time, space continuum and it therefore, let's you off the hook for claiming an event is EVIDENCE and you've been proven to be spouting CONJECTURE is not a viable argument.

His OPINION was based on incomplete EVIDENCE. He had not allowed time to judge whether his OPINION was based on an event that was short term.

His opinion was CONJECTURE as it was based on a short term, incomplete event.

Given that brexit HAS NOT HAPPENED YET, and may not happen yet, people are basing their OPINION not on what they are mistakenly assuming and calling "EVIDENCE" but on CONJECTURE. 

CONJECTURE - An opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:23 pm

martin_p wrote:But you’ve accepted that you can predict the outcome of a spaceship flying into the sun despite the fact it’s never happened, why can’t you extend that to other things?
Yes because the PREDICTION is based on past EVIDENCE.

You can extend it to other things !

But not brexit. Why? Because it hasn't happened yet and no other country has left the EU before.

You cannot provide EVIDENCE from an event that has not happened yet.

You can make PREDICTIONS for a future event based on PAST EVIDENCE.

Try this for other things.

I'm going to make an ASSUMPTION.

It's an ASSUMPTION based on conclusive anthropological EVIDENCE backed up by past scientific research.

As a man you have two balls.

Now I'm going to make a PREDICTION based that past conclusive EVIDENCE .

That neither one of your two balls are crystal.

Unless my PREDICTION is proven wrong. You cannot see into the future.
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:24 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:What is the difference between “have” and “provide”?

Have - possess, own, or hold
Provide - make available for use

You can have evidence that enables you to make a prediction (form a belief you believe is true) on a future event but you cannot “make available for use” evidence for a future event.

You just don’t make sense.
I am.

Try reading it again.

You can have CONJECTURE. Like your good self.

Burnley Ace

Post by Burnley Ace » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:48 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Your calling the FACT we we currently access the largest information system for public security in Europe "EVIDENCE". Having access to it is a FACT. Not EVIDENCE.

You're making the ASSUMPTION that WHEN brexit happens there won't be an equivalent or better system to replace it.

You're then making the quantum leap to to claiming that loosing something that we have now , to be evidence that brexit will have a negative impact on the uk. You're refusing to accept it'll be replaced or an agreement to continue to access it will not be made.

I have no EVIDENCE to rely on that says it will be replaced or improved. Nor am I saying that losing it would be negative on the U.K.

However, until we have actually left and time allows to see whether or not we did make an agreement to continue access it.

Claiming that losing it as EVIDENCE will brexit will have a negative impact on the uk is simply CONJECTURE.
Having access to it is a FACT not EVIDENCE.

It’s evidence of the fact!!! That’s what evidence is / “the available body of FACTS!!!
You are making the assumption something will replace it whilst also accepting you have no evidence to support that assumption!

The EVIDENCE at the moment (the available body of facts) is that there will be no replacement and that will be a negative impact of Brexit. I’m not refusing to accept just provide some evidence that it will be replaced!

BennyD
Been Liked: 1338 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by BennyD » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:50 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:Nobody has flown a rocket into the Sun. All you have got is scientist guessing what will happen. They have no EVIDENCE because they have never done it. They just have an OPINION like the rest of us and until they fire a rocket into the Sun that’s all it will be.

See how stupid that sounds?
The problem is that whoever came up with this comparison is confusing science with economics. The physical properties of a metal object and the heat of the sun are known quantities, thetefore it is fairly easy to demonstrate what will happen when you put the two together. Economics although it is, apparently, a science (although unlike every other science that makes use of physical properties) can’t really act as one as there is no precedent of a major country leaving the EU. NOBODY knows for sure what will happen; there are only best guesses, opinions, conjecture and possibilities. It will be possible at some point to look back at where we are now and say 'I told you so' but until then we are all in the same boat of not knowing for sure what's going to happen.
Last edited by BennyD on Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These 2 users liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81 RingoMcCartney

Burnley Ace

Post by Burnley Ace » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:17 pm

BennyD wrote:Economics however, is not a science.
Google - “is economics a science”. There are 46,300,000 Results. Many, if not most, consider economics a science as it uses scientific methodology, scientific tools for crafting analyses etc.

I would accept that economic evidence may not be as conclusive as some other fields of science. It’s the quality of the evidence, the provenance of the facts being relied on, that gives authority to the opinion/belief/conjecture being proposed.

LeuvenClaret

Post by LeuvenClaret » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:00 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Now you're making false claims!
CONJECTURE - An opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete evidence.
:)

BennyD
Been Liked: 1338 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by BennyD » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:58 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:Google - “is economics a science”. There are 46,300,000 Results. Many, if not most, consider economics a science as it uses scientific methodology, scientific tools for crafting analyses etc.

I would accept that economic evidence may not be as conclusive as some other fields of science. It’s the quality of the evidence, the provenance of the facts being relied on, that gives authority to the opinion/belief/conjecture being proposed.
I did Google it, and this is the very succinct description that came up;

It is unique in the sense that economics fuses quantitative data and modeling with qualitative judgments; unlike in physics or chemistry, economics appends an implied “therefore…” statement to its conclusions. ... Economics is not a science in the way that physics or chemistry is a science.

I'm sorry, but an economist is not a scientist no matter how they wish to be perceived,

Burnley Ace

Post by Burnley Ace » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:24 pm

BennyD wrote:I did Google it, and this is the very succinct description that came up;

It is unique in the sense that economics fuses quantitative data and modeling with qualitative judgments; unlike in physics or chemistry, economics appends an implied “therefore…” statement to its conclusions. ... Economics is not a science in the way that physics or chemistry is a science.

I'm sorry, but an economist is not a scientist no matter how they wish to be perceived,
Well that Nobel laureate would disagree https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.nyti ... e.amp.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And this article disagrees https://www.reference.com/world-view/ec ... 15558ba5b9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But I would agree it’s not a science in the same way as physics. Whichever way you look at it it doesn’t detract from the use of facts and evidence

bluelabrador16
Been Liked: 79 times
Has Liked: 125 times

Post by bluelabrador16 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:23 pm

The original name for Economics was Political Economy.

With the rise of Neoliberal Economics from the early 80's and the resultant effects on the real economy of countries throughout the world, anyone
advocating/associating the subject as a science is living in La-La Land or making money from the deception.

Cui Bono!

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:17 am

Burnley Ace wrote:Having access to it is a FACT not EVIDENCE.

It’s evidence of the fact!!! That’s what evidence is / “the available body of FACTS!!!
You are making the assumption something will replace it whilst also accepting you have no evidence to support that assumption!

The EVIDENCE at the moment (the available body of facts) is that there will be no replacement and that will be a negative impact of Brexit. I’m not refusing to accept just provide some evidence that it will be replaced!
It's now crystal clear that you're not actually reading and absorbing the words I'm writing.

What part of "I have no EVIDENCE to rely on that says it will be replaced or improved." Nor am I saying that losing it would NOT be negative for the UK.

However, until we have actually left and time allows to see whether or not we DID an agreement to continue access it.

Claiming that losing it as EVIDENCE will brexit will have a negative impact on the uk is simply CONJECTURE

We haven't left yet.

CONJECTURE - An opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of INCOMPLETE evidence.

Do you understand?

We have not left the European Union yet.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:33 am

Burnley Ace wrote:
In my OPINION not having similar access to information on advanced passenger details ( the EU SIS II) on incoming flights as we do now will have a negative impact.

The evidence I am relying on is that we currently access it over 500 million times a year, it’s the largest information system for public security in Europe and there is the report published by Parliament on the 7th Dec 2018 and that there is no agreement in place not enabling legislation.

My OPINION may change as new information comes to light but at the moment the available evidence is that we don’t have an agreement and that will be negative.
Your attempting to describe having access the largest information system for public security in Europe as "EVIDENCE".

Theres no need to attempt to describe having something as "EVIDENCE", when it's a self-evident FACT already.

You're then making the quantum leap to to claiming that loosing something that we have now , to be EVIDENCE that brexit will have a negative impact on the uk.

You're refusing to accept it'll be replaced or an agreement to continue to access it will not be made.

I have no EVIDENCE to rely on that says it will be replaced or improved. Nor am I saying that losing it would not be negative on the U.K.

LeuvenClaret

Post by LeuvenClaret » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:54 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Claiming that losing it as EVIDENCE will brexit will have a negative impact on the uk is simply CONJECTURE

We haven't left yet.

CONJECTURE - An opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of INCOMPLETE evidence.

Doesn’t mean it’s right or wrong though and that it’s not evidence.
Just means he’s formed an opinion based on that evidence.
Forecasts are conjecture because no one has proof, doesn’t stop them being right or wrong.

So if Burnley Ace forms an opinion today based on that evidence, conjecture or not it’s his right, also he could also be proved to be right, who knows.

You just appear to want to shut down discussion on this in your words “as it hasn’t happened” yet, shutting down arguments in search of proof, which is coming across as churlish.

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2632 times
Has Liked: 6443 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:05 am

...and in the meantime the politicians are totally screwing it all up and trying to distract the public with stories of teenagers of ISIS etc

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4254 times

Post by Greenmile » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:06 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:It's now crystal clear that you're not actually reading and absorbing the words I'm writing.

What part of "I have no EVIDENCE to rely on that says it will be replaced or improved." Nor am I saying that losing it would NOT be negative for the UK.

However, until we have actually left and time allows to see whether or not we DID an agreement to continue access it.

We haven't left yet.

Do you understand?

We have not left the European Union yet.
So we do have evidence then? It’s just incomplete.

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2632 times
Has Liked: 6443 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:09 am

Greenmile wrote:So we do have evidence then? It’s just incomplete.
Nah mate, it’s black and white; all or nothing with this chap - incomplete, even if it was 99.99999999% complete wouldn’t be admissible because it’s not total evidence...
This user liked this post: LeuvenClaret

Tall Paul

Post by Tall Paul » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:52 am

Hoist by his own petard!
This user liked this post: Greenmile

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:54 am

Everyone else 1 Ringo 0

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:12 am

Again (sadly)

This is the moment when you realise that banning the political threads is actually a good idea.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:14 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Again (sadly)

This is the moment when you realise that banning the political threads is actually a good idea.
The political talk ended a while back. A separate forum on the semantics of the English language is what we need.
These 3 users liked this post: LeuvenClaret nil_desperandum tiger76

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:57 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Again (sadly)

This is the difficulty I have with either banning "political" threads or having a separate forum. How do you determine what is, or is going to turn out to be a "political" thread, and who will be the judge of this?
This thread is a classic of its kind. It arguably began as a political thread, (though I think it was motivated by Rowl's interest in a female academic's anatomy), but for the past few days has been dominated by Ringo and semantics.
Let's suppose it had been the other way round: i.e. a debate started about semantics that turns political because people start to bring in semantical arguments / examples from the world of politics.
At what point does a thread about semantics become political, and at what point due you "pull" it?
And what's to prevent people bringing politics obliquely into every thread?
e.g. (After a heavy defeat). "Our defence was about at effective as Jeremy Corbyn at PMQs" - followed by the usual posters debating the effectiveness of JC.
I'm genuinely interested to get answers from the mods about this.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:38 am

Yes.

We have EVIDENCE of reversible, replacable short term events and business decisions.

If you base your opinion on them , claiming to be EVIDENCE that brexit will have a negative impact on the uk. Then, given you're basing that OPINION on a process that has not drawn to a conclusion , you have CONJECTURE.

You cannot provide EVIDENCE from/ for an event that has not happened yet.

You can have an opinion based on past EVIDENCE of the outcome of an event that has not happened yet.

Nobody has ever left the EU. There is no past evidence to support an opinion OPINION either way.

If I were to claim that EU asset managers moving to London, record levels of foreign investment into the uk, real wages growth outstripping inflation and record levels of employment are EVIDENCE that brexit will have a POSITIVE impact on the uk. I'D BE WRONG.

Why?

Because each and every one of those examples are reversible, replacable short term events and business decisions.

Therefore if my opinion would not be based on EVIDENCE as Remoaners arrogantly claim, it would be based on CONJECTURE.

All the way through this thread I've not once claimed I have evidence that brexit will have a positive impact on the uk. NOT ONCE.

All I've said is that in my OPINION, brexit will be positive in the long run, for the UK.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:39 am

Tall Paul wrote:Hoist by his own petard!
No.

See above post as to why not.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:58 am

Rick_Muller wrote:Nah mate, it’s black and white; all or nothing with this chap - incomplete, even if it was 99.99999999% complete wouldn’t be admissible because it’s not total evidence...
The process of leaving the EU is not COMPLETE and the long term ramifications of doing so will not be open to objective judgement by the benefit of HINDSIGHT and PERSPECTIVE for some considerable amount of time. Perhaps decades.

The process of withdrawal has not even CONCLUDED.

Therefore. In the meantime we are all entitled to an OPINION as to whether brexit will have a negative impact on the uk. Or a positive impact on the U.K.

And I've said that all along.

However, and Lancaster claret in particular is a Remoaner who has repeatedly claimed that Brexiteers only have "belief". While in a pretty arrogant way claiming his view is backed by facts and EVIDENCE.

Time and time again Remoaners have pointed to what may prove to be short term , reversible, replacable business decisions and events and claiming in their OPINION, it's EVIDENCE that brexit will have a negative impact on the uk.

Given they are pointing to EVIDENCE that may prove to be short term , reversible, replacable business decisions and events. In a fluid , ongoing brexit environment that has NOT EVEN STARTED YET, LET ALONE COMPLETE. Then given the definition of CONJECTURE, what they're loftily calling EVIDENCE is not. It's CONJECTURE.

And they, once you've stripped away the, self confirmed, supposition that they have an opinion backed by EVIDENCE. They are shown to be left with EXACTLY the same thing as me.

Belief, an opinion

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:59 am

Burnley Ace wrote:
If it helps you - my comments are EVIDENCE yours are OPINION.
This is a perfect example.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:05 pm

martin_p wrote:There's plenty of EVIDENCE, you just don't want to see it.

Nissan cite Brexit as a problem as the withdraw new jobs from the UK.
Banks have already started moving billions of pounds of assets off shore.
Many other businesses implmeneting their 'no deal' emergency plans, some of which involve moving some operations into the EU.

This is not project fear, this is what's happening.
Of the OPINION that what may turn out to be short term or reversible business and events decisions as EVIDENCE.

CONJECTURE - An opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete evidence.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:08 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:What I am saying is based on the available body of facts (EVIDENCE) and your comments on Brexit aren’t based on FACTS or KNOWLEDGE that’s why they are an OPINION.

That’s one of the reasons you are unable to answer any Brexit questions that require you to highlight the benefits of Brexit because there is no EVIDENCE that it’s a positive
Another post claiming their OPINION is based on EVIDENCE and mine are simply an OPINION.

We haven't left yet. The process is not COMPLETE

Brexit has not CONCLUDED

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:11 pm

martin_p wrote:There really is no point in trying to argue against a faith based system!
In other words-

Remoaners have EVIDENCE

Brexiteers have "faith"

No .

Remoaners have CONJECTURE

Brexiteers have opinion.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:15 pm

Greenmile wrote:Correct. It’s their inability to understand the concept of EVIDENCE despite it having been explained in terms a 5 year old would understand (to pick just one example from many) that makes them thick.
Somebody claiming Brexiteers don't understand the concept of EVIDENCE.

While Remoaners consistently spout CONJECTURE.

Comedy gold!

Tall Paul

Post by Tall Paul » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:17 pm

Comedy gold indeed.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:26 pm

TVC15 wrote:So there is EVIDENCE then that Brexit has resulted in financial losses and job losses ?
No EVIDENCE just CONJECTURE.

Why?

Because we haven't left the EU yet. The process is incomplete. The withdrawal agreement hasn't even been drawn to a conclusion.

Therefore it's CONJECTURE. That brexit WILL have a negative impact on the uk.

You cannot provide EVIDENCE for an event that has not happened yet.

You can have have an opinion based on CONJECTURE but seeing that it's based on an incomplete process that's all you have. An OPINION
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LeuvenClaret

Post by LeuvenClaret » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:51 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:No EVIDENCE just CONJECTURE.

You cannot provide EVIDENCE for an event that has not happened yet.
You passionately belive you are right so I going to stick my neck out here and take a guess.
If you change your wording slightly:-
You cannot provide EVIDENCE OF an event that has not happened yet. - then i would agree with you as this is PROOF.

But there is such a thing as evidence based forecasting. which means - You cannot provide EVIDENCE FOR an event that has not happened yet. is an incorrect statement.

Does that help?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:40 pm

LeuvenClaret wrote:You passionately belive you are right so I going to stick my neck out here and take a guess.
If you change your wording slightly:-
You cannot provide EVIDENCE OF an event that has not happened yet. - then i would agree with you as this is PROOF.

But there is such a thing as evidence based forecasting. which means - You cannot provide EVIDENCE FOR an event that has not happened yet. is an incorrect statement.

Does that help?
No.

Because yet again you're saying that I'm claiming that I have evidence that backs an opinion that shows that brexit will have a negative impact on the uk.

I'm not.

Remoaners are.

You can make a PREDICTION, a FORECAST, or hold an OPINION about an event that has not happened yet.

You can have an OPINION make a PREDICTION or FORECASTS based on past PROOF/ EVIDENCE of previous similar events, to say whether or not you feel that the outcome of future event may be positive or negative.

But you cannot, cannot cannot , have an OPINION, make a PREDICTION, or FORECAST based on what may turn out to be short term, reversible, or replacable business decisions and events and claim it's backed by PROOF/EVIDENCE.

The process of withdrawing from the EU has not even CONCLUDED. The actually process of leaving the EU is INCOMPLETE . And enough time has not passed to allows us the privilege to judge objectively whether brexit has been a positive or a negative.

No other country has previously left the EU before. There is no previous OUTCOMES on which to base an OPINION, a PREDICTION or a FORECAST.

Until then, when Remoaners claim they have an OPINION, a PREDICTION or a FORECAST that is based on on PROOF/EVIDENCE. They do not.

They have CONJECTURE.

CONJECTURE - An opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete EVIDENCE.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:41 pm

And so the thread reaches its inevitable conclusion (several pages too late), Wrongo talking to himself. Probably best left there.
These 3 users liked this post: LeuvenClaret Burnley Ace Rick_Muller

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:53 pm

martin_p wrote:And so the thread reaches its inevitable conclusion (several pages too late), Wrongo talking to himself. Probably best left there.

Well it took some stamina, graft, grit, determination, an amount of perseverance, a bit of quality at times, and the usual, minimum requirement of maximum effort. Like any Dyche-minded team I suppose. But, after 3 weeks and 15 minutes each way, of extra time.

Final Score-

Ringo McCartney 1. Several Ceaseless Remoaners 0

Have a great weekend, my evidence - free, conjecture-riddled chums!

( Take care of your crystal balls. If you look deep deep into them, you'll see the mist clearing. It reveals you, in your delorean, at a crossroads. One path leads to being on the losing side of the argument against me for eternity. The other, to being in a perpetual state of frustration of never getting the better of me. I only hope you make the right choice Marty)

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:35 pm

41 pages of Ringo being wrong. Poor tormented soul.

Still, he’s great for a laugh.
This user liked this post: LeuvenClaret

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1259 times
Has Liked: 1368 times

Post by Elizabeth » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:43 pm

Just nipping in to say this is the most boring thread in the history of uptheclarets.
Any football related comments made by the main protagonists will have little value in the future based on their tedious contributions witnessed over the last couple of weeks.
This user liked this post: Vino blanco

LeuvenClaret

Post by LeuvenClaret » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:01 pm

Elizabeth wrote:Just nipping in to say this is the most boring thread in the history of uptheclarets.
Any football related comments made by the main protagonists will have little value in the future based on their tedious contributions witnessed over the last couple of weeks.
Think u'll find that is conjecture Elizabeth :)
Last edited by LeuvenClaret on Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.