Brexit: Uniting the Country Since 31/01/2020

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
martin_p
Been Liked: 3767 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by martin_p » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:31 pm

SmudgetheClaret wrote:theres a bit less effort needed for a petition plus word has there are 100s of thousands of bogus foreign signatures
just like the last one at the 2016 vote corrupt leftists will always be that..
It's pretty easy to check. Out of the 3.3m signatures currently on the petition about 160,00 are from countries outside the UK. Although that doesn't make them in any way bogus, but even if they are the petition still stands at about 3,140,000.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:35 pm

In time the brexit party will be the new labour, identified more in common with the working class, the labour have gone that left it’s more likely a coalition with the Lib Dem’s will be brokered due to the surge in popularity the brexit party will have generated.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:40 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:In time the brexit party will be the new labour, identified more in common with the working class, the labour have gone that left it’s more likely a coalition with the Lib Dem’s will be brokered due to the surge in popularity the brexit party will have generated.
Yes I remember when UKIP were going to be the next big thing. And they only managed to win a single seat in parliament even at the height of their popularity.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:43 pm

DUP have just stated that their position hasn't changed re the Withdrawal Agreement. It really is dead in the water.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:43 pm

martin_p wrote:Yes I remember when UKIP were going to be the next big thing. And they only managed to win a single seat in parliament even at the height of their popularity.
This is completely different now with what’s going on, too much as happened since then especially post referendum.

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2634 times
Has Liked: 6463 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:43 pm

SmudgetheClaret wrote:theres a bit less effort needed for a petition plus word has there are 100s of thousands of bogus foreign signatures
just like the last one at the 2016 vote corrupt leftists will always be that..
Where's your evidence for that?

here's mine to say its not 100s of thousands of bogus accounts...

http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... 00#p967532" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:47 pm

This is Brexit in a nutshell

Brexit backers lie, get their arse handed to them on a plate, and just keep lying.

No wonder we've got nowhere since 2016.

keith1879
Been Liked: 262 times
Has Liked: 366 times

Post by keith1879 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:48 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Okay, show me how many members are going to vote for the Brexit Party?

I'm looking at a march with 30+ people in.

Hard to think that you might be exaggerating a bit.
I have tried to open my mind to reasoned argument from Leavers but there just isn't any. There isn't any on here, on the bus, in the street, on the radio......even those apparently intelligent and well dressed chaps in the House of Commons representing the ERG never actually back up their vague generalisations. Unfortunately we haven't yet got to the end of all this - and I was starting to think that the only way to get peace is to leave in the worst possible of all hard Brexits ....because only then will the chumps shut up and let the rest of us live our lives.

I have since realised that even that won't happen because they would never stop shouting "I told you so" so my preferred outcome now is that we revoke article 50 and that the massive protest demonstration which follows is struck by a falling meteorite.

I accept that this is optimistic on my part ....but not as optimistic as the promises of the leave campaign.
These 2 users liked this post: Rick_Muller Greenmile

SmudgetheClaret
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:58 pm

Rowls wrote:The latest embarrassment is up online:

https://twitter.com/snb19692/status/1108449360222842880" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
who the hell is that ? i recognise the mass murderer but the other is defo pedo material..
This user liked this post: Steve1956

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2634 times
Has Liked: 6463 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:59 pm

keith1879 wrote:...and that the massive protest demonstration which follows is struck by a falling meteorite...
I dont think it will be a E.L.E. required - perhaps just a small stone... ;)

summitclaret
Been Liked: 834 times
Has Liked: 1331 times

Post by summitclaret » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:02 pm

martin_p wrote:But isn’t the whole point to find an alternative to May’s deal?
No the point is not to find an alternative and then pit May's deal against no deal in a binding vote.

Rowls
Been Liked: 5102 times
Has Liked: 5174 times

Post by Rowls » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:09 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:He's back!

Thank God!

He always turns up when Brexit is going spectacularly down the pan.

My faith in this going absolutely pear shaped is restored!
I think you'll find that Brexit Man and Alistair Campbell have been omnipresent in their attempts to reverse the "People's Vote" of 2016.

As for me, Brexit is on course for a nice clean break (hopefully) and the only thing going down the pan will be the currently cabinet, current PM and current leader of HM Opposition (hopefully for all).

Brexit will be whatever we make of it.

Michael Portillo surprised us all this week by making the most astute observation - that when, for the first time in 1000 days, the EU was presented with a clear danger of a 'no deal' Brexit - they blinked.

They put the deadline back.

The government should have been planning for 'no deal' from day one and publicizing the fact from every parapet whilst negotiating for Free Trade and ignoring red herrings such as our land border with the EU which, quite frankly, is their problem if they want to tax goods in and out of the EU.
This user liked this post: summitclaret

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5560 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:11 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:In time the brexit party will be the new labour, identified more in common with the working class, the labour have gone that left it’s more likely a coalition with the Lib Dem’s will be brokered due to the surge in popularity the brexit party will have generated.
Why do you seem to think Brexit aligns with class? You do know who Boris Johnson and Jacob Rees-Mogg are don’t you?

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:15 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:Why do you seem to think Brexit aligns with class? You do know who Boris Johnson and Jacob Rees-Mogg are don’t you?
Try telling that to fishermen who havent worked for decades and live a miserable existance then again you dont give arats arse do you ?

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:22 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:Why do you seem to think Brexit aligns with class? You do know who Boris Johnson and Jacob Rees-Mogg are don’t you?
Yes people keep mentioning this, I daresay some brexiteers will be wealthy, but a penny for a pinch of s**t if it was possible to elavalute the wealth between both sides I'd wager my mortgage on the remain side being vastly more wealthier, big businesses are behind remain due to the exploitation of sourced cheap EU labour, I'd even go as far as saying the disparity would be tripled if not more.
This user liked this post: SmudgetheClaret

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1358 times
Has Liked: 440 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:23 pm

SmudgetheClaret wrote:Try telling that to fishermen who havent worked for decades and live a miserable existance then again you dont give arats arse do you ?
I can tell you who doesn't give a rat's arse about fisherman. Nigel Farage, who only ever bothered to turn up to 1 meeting out of 42 when he was on the European Parliament Fisheries Committee, despite claiming to be on their side and having their interests at heart.
These 3 users liked this post: longsidepies nil_desperandum Greenmile

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:32 pm

I'm struggling to see how a party led by Nigel Farage (under who's leadership I think UKIP were once going to privatise the BBC and NHS), will supplant Labour as the party for the working class. Whereas in most other European countries the nationalist / populist parties have a raft of policies aimed at improving the lives of working class people (along with some nasty xenophobic stuff that will not improve the lives of the working class), UKIP, under privately educated, high finance man of the people, Nigel Farage, stuck with the neo-Liberal consensus. I suspect the Brexit Party will be no different.

I'm willing to be persuaded. What is their policy on council houses? On taking back control of the foreign-owned train, power, utilities, and other essential elements of our economy? What's their policy on strengthening workers' rights? On equality? On university funding? On healthcare? Because if you want to be a party for the working people, you have to have policies that help the working people.

WIth Brexit in the bag, Farage went off and got himself a German passport. No sense in being inhibited by no freedom of movement, when getting rid of freedom of movement was never about stopping his. But what about the rest of you? Jakub - do you have a second EU passport? How about you, Smudge? No Irish grandparent somewhere? There will always be some willing to swallow Farage's snake oil, but it doesn't have to be you.
These 2 users liked this post: longsidepies Rick_Muller

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:39 pm

AndrewJB wrote:I'm struggling to see how a party led by Nigel Farage (under who's leadership I think UKIP were once going to privatise the BBC and NHS), will supplant Labour as the party for the working class. Whereas in most other European countries the nationalist / populist parties have a raft of policies aimed at improving the lives of working class people (along with some nasty xenophobic stuff that will not improve the lives of the working class), UKIP, under privately educated, high finance man of the people, Nigel Farage, stuck with the neo-Liberal consensus. I suspect the Brexit Party will be no different.

I'm willing to be persuaded. What is their policy on council houses? On taking back control of the foreign-owned train, power, utilities, and other essential elements of our economy? What's their policy on strengthening workers' rights? On equality? On university funding? On healthcare? Because if you want to be a party for the working people, you have to have policies that help the working people.

WIth Brexit in the bag, Farage went off and got himself a German passport. No sense in being inhibited by no freedom of movement, when getting rid of freedom of movement was never about stopping his. But what about the rest of you? Jakub - do you have a second EU passport? How about you, Smudge? No Irish grandparent somewhere? There will always be some willing to swallow Farage's snake oil, but it doesn't have to be you.
I don't, but funnily enough I'm not married to a German lady.

aggi
Been Liked: 2123 times

Post by aggi » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:43 pm

Yep, the millions of working class people in London and Scotland will definitely be viewing the Brexit party as the one that has most in common with them.

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:46 pm

JohnMcGreal wrote:I can tell you who doesn't give a rat's arse about fisherman. Nigel Farage, who only ever bothered to turn up to 1 meeting out of 42 when he was on the European Parliament Fisheries Committee, despite claiming to be on their side and having their interests at heart.
thats just text book leftist talk if you actually listen to what his reply is to that allegation he explains that in the EU your vote counts for nothing you constantly lose as you are simply outnumbered and out voted so whats the point makes perfect sense..

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:54 pm

SmudgetheClaret wrote:thats just text book leftist talk if you actually listen to what his reply is to that allegation he explains that in the EU your vote counts for nothing you constantly lose as you are simply outnumbered and out voted so whats the point makes perfect sense..
Simply outnumbered and out voted? As in the 52 times we've been on the losing side of a vote out of just short of 2,500 votes.
Course if Nige says it then the actual stats are obviously wrong.
Unless of course he has been voting against things that the majority of UK MEPs have voted for? But then again if he's never there, he can't.

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:58 pm

AndrewJB wrote:I'm struggling to see how a party led by Nigel Farage (under who's leadership I think UKIP were once going to privatise the BBC and NHS), will supplant Labour as the party for the working class. Whereas in most other European countries the nationalist / populist parties have a raft of policies aimed at improving the lives of working class people (along with some nasty xenophobic stuff that will not improve the lives of the working class), UKIP, under privately educated, high finance man of the people, Nigel Farage, stuck with the neo-Liberal consensus. I suspect the Brexit Party will be no different.

You dont seem to get it do you ? its not about Farage its about 17.4 million ****** of people who thought voting would stop British people becoming 2nd class citizens in their own country they won the vote (democracy) only to be ridiculed called racist bigots and worse and now they have to endure the absolute glee of people who are siding with globalists that view THEM as something they scrape off their shoe, i have no doubt at all that we are entering very dangerous times because of this traitorous episode i hope you guys are ready for it...

Falcon
Been Liked: 894 times
Has Liked: 1172 times

Post by Falcon » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:58 pm

Have you heard yourself? Really?

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:04 pm

That is a classic of the genre it has to be said.

But people will back him up, and the only reason they will is because they also want Brexit.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:06 pm

"Will of the people"

https://brexit-petitions-count.now.sh/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:08 pm

Falcon wrote:Have you heard yourself? Really?
only time will tell ...

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:10 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:"Will of the people"

https://brexit-petitions-count.now.sh/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
this means less than nothing ...

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:12 pm

Oh I dunno, it means a lot more than random threats on a football message board for starters.

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:17 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Oh I dunno, it means a lot more than random threats on a football message board for starters.
Random threats ? your Turtle 2 im simply pointing out that there is a huge underestimation of the ill feeling your action have caused..

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:20 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Oh I dunno, it means a lot more than random threats on a football message board for starters.

Lol. Are the Brextremists getting all direct actiony and threatening again? Typical of them, to be honest. They're all mouth when it comes to making threats.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:21 pm

SmudgetheClaret wrote:You dont seem to get it do you ? its not about Farage its about 17.4 million ****** of people who thought voting would stop British people becoming 2nd class citizens in their own country they won the vote (democracy) only to be ridiculed called racist bigots and worse and now they have to endure the absolute glee of people who are siding with globalists that view THEM as something they scrape off their shoe, i have no doubt at all that we are entering very dangerous times because of this traitorous episode i hope you guys are ready for it...

:lol: I'm ready for it. Bring it on. Whatever it is. I bet it'll be people like you in prison. That's what you're going to bring on, isn't it? Can't wait.

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:25 pm

SmudgetheClaret wrote:this means less than nothing ...
Only if you are unaware that the entire brexit farce has to a large extent mainly been an exercise about the Tories
a) Getting into power (i.e. Cameron calls referendum to pacify his own right wing and see off UKip [FAIL]
b) Staying in power (i.e. May desperately uses every means, both legal and dubious, to drag brexit out as long as possible to avoid her party collapsing)
[On point of catastrophic failure].
Once politicians start to see that brexit is no longer a vote winner then their policies will change. Their analysts look v carefully at data like these petitions.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1654 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:26 pm

I’m chuckling at this indicative vote thing on Radio 4 PM.

It is obvious that of the 7 options, the two that are Brexit (FTA and no deal) will be voted out early, then May’s deal, and then the 4 Remain or Near-Remain options will be chewed over. My prediction then is that the winner will be to Revoke A50 unilaterally. I suspect the ERG will vote that higher than a soft Brexit so as to maximise the public backlash.

It will be a farce. Only a numpty can have suggested it. Lidington probably, the walking encyclopaedia, proof of how winning University Challenge doesn’t guarantee common sense.
This user liked this post: summitclaret

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:35 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote::lol: I'm ready for it. Bring it on. Whatever it is. I bet it'll be people like you in prison. That's what you're going to bring on, isn't it? Can't wait.
Hey up the phantom ****** has finished watching porn..

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:38 pm

SmudgetheClaret wrote:Hey up the phantom ****** has finished watching porn..
More random slander.

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:41 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:More random slander.
Yet you have been banned ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5210 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:50 pm

Jakub and Smudge remind me of Sooty and Sweep. One offers absolute nothing at all and the other just squeaks his nonsense threats whilst they both have someones hand stuck up their backside controlling them.

This messageboard will be well sh*t and boring once all this brexit fun stops

These 5 users liked this post: martin_p Lord Beamish CombatClaret Greenmile SammyBoy

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1826 times
Has Liked: 930 times

Post by CombatClaret » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:00 pm

Secret Cabinet No Deal Planning, makes for start reading..

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... eal-brexit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The thing that makes this all so damning and pathetic is it's entirely self inflicted.

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 982 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by kentonclaret » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:00 pm

Government preparations for a No Deal are reported as being random and chaotic with the expectation that Operation Yellowhammer would need to be implemented for at least 3 months to safeguard essential services and food supplies.

Can't wait. :twisted:

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:01 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Jakub and Smudge remind me of Sooty and Sweep. One offers absolute nothing at all and the other just squeaks his nonsense threats whilst they both have someones hand stuck up their backside controlling them.

One devil of a socialist..
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (14.26 KiB) Viewed 1653 times

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:05 pm

So 16 million people walked to a polling booth yet only 3.5 million (not counting the oddballs with multiple email addresses) can be bothered to click on a link?
Support for remaining is definately on the slide
This user liked this post: SmudgetheClaret

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:17 pm

Damo wrote:So 16 million people walked to a polling booth yet only 3.5 million (not counting the oddballs with multiple email addresses) can be bothered to click on a link?
Support for remaining is definately on the slide

I'm fairly sure there wasn't a months long campaign to get people to click on a link.

But hey, pretending your dumb thinking was sound logic for a second, then clearly people aren't that interested in Leaving the EU any more given how few people can be bothered to "click on a link".

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:18 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Jakub and Smudge remind me of Sooty and Sweep. One offers absolute nothing at all and the other just squeaks his nonsense threats whilst they both have someones hand stuck up their backside controlling them.

**** you for tarnishing Sooty, Sweep and Soo.

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:20 pm

The Brexit Party 35k joined in the first 24hrs 100k in the first week that was a month ago come on guys Turtle Lancs you know you want join the biggest party in town ..

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/brexit/84 ... xit-party/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:21 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I'm fairly sure there wasn't a months long campaign to get people to click on a link.

But hey, pretending your dumb thinking was sound logic for a second, then clearly people aren't that interested in Leaving the EU any more given how few people can be bothered to "click on a link".
Triggered ..

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:24 pm

SmudgetheClaret wrote:Triggered ..
Not half as much as you'll be when you and your chums carry out your threats.

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:32 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Not half as much as you'll be when you and your chums carry out your threats.
It's the ballot box you need to be frightened off ...

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:34 pm

I can get an Irish one whenever it pleases me, thanks to my place of birth.
Also means my kids can get one, along with any grandkids.

All rosy for me and mine

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:34 pm

SmudgetheClaret wrote:It's the ballot box you need to be frightened off ...
Frightened off the Ballot Box? Is he sat on it?
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5560 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:36 pm

SmudgetheClaret wrote:It's the ballot box you need to be frightened off ...
Yeah, those 100,000 votes will make one hell of a difference