Brexit: Uniting the Country Since 31/01/2020

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Mala591
Been Liked: 685 times
Has Liked: 429 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Mala591 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:44 am

Message to JULIE COOPER

Dear Julie

I have an idea. Why don't you and all the other Labour MPs in Brexit majority constituencies ask for a private meeting with the PM. You could then offer her your support if she could guarantee a UK/EU customs union in the political declaration.

This support would probably result in the withdrawal agreement being passed and the whole country letting out a sigh of relief as a no-deal exit is avoided and the door opens to meaningful trade negotiations.

I do understand that you will be by-passing your leadership negotiations but my opinion is that they will fail due to an insistence on a second 'confirmation' referendum.

Dramatic as it might sound, you, and your fellow Labour MPs, have the power to overcome the present impasse and deliver on the Labour party policy of leaving the EU whilst remaining in the customs union.

Yours faithfully/sincerely

A Burnley voter
This user liked this post: SmudgetheClaret

martin_p
Been Liked: 3767 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:45 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:Loving the irony of jubilant Remoaners going on an open top bus tour. Celebrating on the back of elected British MPs being able to draft and implement laws. Where as, in the institution they live and breath for, the European Parliament . It's MEPs can do not such thing. Laws and legislation is all drafted and thought up, by unelected Brussels bureaucrats and Commissioners.

This will be entirely lost on your typical unthinking Remoaner.
You missed the bit where the EU parliament amends and passes the laws, just like in this country.

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:45 am

Every region of England and Wales happy to leave the EU without a deal - except London

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... mediately/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Most people in England would prefer a no-deal Brexit to remaining in the EU, according to a new poll.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/03/people-r ... to=cbshare" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/03/people-r ... l-9105738/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Democracy- stolen from The People by the dwellers of the metropolitan London Borough of ivory towers.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:47 am

martin_p wrote:You missed the bit where the EU parliament can only rubber stamp but not draft
Sorted.....

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3875 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:48 am

Message to JULIE COOPER

RESIGN you incompetent lazy arse.

Fixed it for you
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:48 am

Mala591 wrote:Message to JULIE COOPER

Dear Julie

I have an idea. Why don't you and all the other Labour MPs in Brexit majority constituencies ask for a private meeting with the PM. You could then offer her your support if she could guarantee a UK/EU customs union in the political declaration.

This support would probably result in the withdrawal agreement being passed and the whole country letting out a sigh of relief as a no-deal exit is avoided and the door opens to meaningful trade negotiations.

I do understand that you will be by-passing your leadership negotiations but my opinion is that they will fail due to an insistence on a second 'confirmation' referendum.

Dramatic as it might sound, you, and your fellow Labour MPs, have the power to overcome the present impasse and deliver on the Labour party policy of leaving the EU whilst remaining in the customs union.

Yours faithfully/sincerely

A Burnley voter
I don’t think Corbyn will insist on a referendum, which is probably why Rebecca Long Bailey (who attended the meeting with him) has been sent out to insist that Labour’s position is only to have a referendum on no deal or a damaging Brexit.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:50 am

Having to rely on the single vote of a woman entering the voting lobby proudly wearing her tag.

Stay classy Remoaners!

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3083 times
Has Liked: 5064 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:51 am

martin_p wrote:You missed the bit where the EU parliament amends and passes the laws, just like in this country.
It doesn't amend anything. They sometimes vote things down, but then the Commission reword the same proposal and they keep voting on it till it passes. You haven't been watching the last 20 years have you?

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:51 am

Colburn_Claret wrote:I embrace all those things as well, what is eye opening is that you don't need to be part of the EU to achieve them.
The idea that people who voted Brexit are little Englanders, harking on about WWII. It's people like you who are blinkered. It is perfectly feasible to be pro Europe and Globalisation, and anti EU. The very fact that you can't see it, just shows that you are missing the whole point of this referendum, pinning your beliefs on all the remainers who claim we leavers are all racists. Very sad.
If you're pro Europe and pro globalisation, on what basis overall would you be anti-EU?

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:51 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:Sorted.....
Ah, so voting on a law is ‘rubber stamping’ is it? Are they not allowed to vote against? And by the way if you think every law that goes through our parliament is thought up and drafted by an MP then you’re sadly deluded. Admittedly the government or an MP has to introduce the bill to parliament, but in most cases they will have been designed and drafted by civil servants.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:53 am

Colburn_Claret wrote:It doesn't amend anything. They sometimes vote things down, but then the Commission reword the same proposal and they keep voting on it till it passes. You haven't been watching the last 20 years have you?
Sorry I’m lost, are you talking about the EU or our own government now?

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:53 am

Someone on here is full of ****, and its not Ringo

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:56 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Someone on here is full of ****, and its not just Ringo
Think that’s what you meant ;)
This user liked this post: Lancasterclaret

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:56 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:Every region of England and Wales happy to leave the EU without a deal - except London

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... mediately/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Most people in England would prefer a no-deal Brexit to remaining in the EU, according to a new poll.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/03/people-r ... to=cbshare" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/03/people-r ... l-9105738/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Democracy- stolen from The People by the dwellers of the metropolitan London Borough of ivory towers.
I've been arguing the case that the longer it drags on, the greater the support for a No Deal Brexit would be.
People are sick to the back teeth of Politicians screwing the job up. The only problem is the bastards in the HOC, are so isolated from public opinion that it isn't going to make a blind bit of difference to the shower of ****.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:57 am

Colburn_Claret wrote:It doesn't amend anything. They sometimes vote things down, but then the Commission reword the same proposal and they keep voting on it till it passes. You haven't been watching the last 20 years have you?
This

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:58 am

martin_p wrote:Sorry I’m lost, are you talking about the EU or our own government now?
I'm talking about the EU, but as the last 2 months have shown, our Parliament has obviously been taking lessons. They, just like the EU, can't take No for an answer.

BleedingClaret
Been Liked: 988 times
Has Liked: 1660 times

Post by BleedingClaret » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:09 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Someone on here is full of ****, and its not Ringo
Very intelligent post, well done.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:09 am

Colburn_Claret wrote:I've been arguing the case that the longer it drags on, the greater the support for a No Deal Brexit would be.
People are sick to the back teeth of Politicians screwing the job up. The only problem is the bastards in the HOC, are so isolated from public opinion that it isn't going to make a blind bit of difference to the shower of ****.
Occasionally a "Rotten Borough" gets exposed. Rotherham Council was described as such.

We have a Rotten Parliament.

Roughly 66 % of voting areas (not constituencies) voted Leave. Roughly the same number of MPs voted Remain. There in lies the problem.

And these MPs have done whatever they can to thwart, frustrate, undermine and ultimately, stop what the Will of the People.

As each day as unfolded the political class and the establishment has become more and more shameless about their true intentions as they have emboldened each other as they brazenly attempt to usurp the biggest single expression of democracy the nation has ever witnessed.

I've said it before , it'll come down to those who belive in democracy and it's implementation, and those who cling onto economic forecasts with evangelical fervour.

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:11 am

I see in Parliament now that while 51.9% is a very dubious majority that should be treated with some suspicion, a 50.08% majority is certainly robust enough to mandate a significant change of course. Maths must have changed since my day.
Last edited by thatdberight on Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:11 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:Occasionally a "Rotten Borough" gets exposed. Rotherham Council was described as such.

Roughly 66 % of voting areas (not constituencies) voted Leave. Roughly the same number of MPs voted Remain. There in lies the problem.

And these MPs have done whatever they can to thwart, frustrate, undermine and ultimately, stop what the Will of the People.

As each day as unfolded the political class and the establishment has become more and more shameless about their true intentions as they have emboldened each other as they brazenly attempt to usurp the biggest single expression of democracy the nation has ever witnessed.

I've said it before , it'll come down to those who belive in democracy and it's implementation, and those who cling onto economic forecasts with evangelical fervour.
This week I are be mostly talking.....the same old sh1te.

aggi
Been Liked: 2123 times

Post by aggi » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:20 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:Every region of England and Wales happy to leave the EU without a deal - except London

That's a bit naughty from the Telegraph, they seem to have re-purposed the results to fit their narrative and entirely ignored the third option of extending Article 50 (which would technically be remaining in the EU at this point in time).

The actual results are here:

Which shifts the narrative to only one area, the Midlands/Wales, where No Deal is the majority option.

This is why people shouldn't just believe what the newspapers tell them.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:21 am

aggi wrote:That's a bit naughty from the Telegraph, they seem to have re-purposed the results to fit their narrative and entirely ignored the third option of extending Article 50 (which would technically be remaining in the EU at this point in time).

Which shifts the narrative to only one area, the Midlands/Wales, where No Deal is the majority option.

Or what Ringo brings up as evidence on here

BleedingClaret
Been Liked: 988 times
Has Liked: 1660 times

Post by BleedingClaret » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:21 am

I have heard it all now.
The Brexit Secretary Steve Barclay has said that he has heard ideas from members of the house, in regards to participation in the EU elections, that we either just roll over our current MEPs or we just appoint them in line with the current party numbers in Parliament.
Well that's Democracy Subverted.
Strange how the people that want a 2nd, no sorry Confirmatory, very clever that, Referendum don't want the EU Elections or a General Election because they know leave voters will dominate both because unlike a further Referendum as with the Real Referendum they can fiddle it with the options and if it goes Leave again then dilute it with a Parliament That will REMAIN the same.
This user liked this post: Colburn_Claret

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:23 am

No, I think its very obvious that we need to fight the European elections.

Long extension and sort this properly.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:23 am

As predicted, Remoaners cannot see the irony in the fact that an equivalent MEP to Yvette Cooper in the European Parliament, could not do what she has done given their role in legislation and law making.

Doesn't stop them wanting to argue the toss till the cows come home though.

Tragic really.
This user liked this post: Colburn_Claret

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:23 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Or what Ringo brings up as evidence on here
I'd venture that Wrongo doesn’t know the definition of the word ‘evidence’ never mind be relied on to provide it. ;)
Last edited by martin_p on Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:25 am

martin_p wrote:This week I are be mostly talking.....the same old sh1te.
Today I'm organising an open top bus tour on the back of a single vote by a shamed tag wearing woman! :lol:

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:28 am

Brexit summed up.

No deal is defeated after the criminal MP let out on tag gets to cast her vote. If it wasn't for Brexit she would of and should of been sacked.

The female Labour MPs drop allegations of sexist behaviour against Bercow because he is a staunch remainer and sides with Labour on Brexit.

Stay classy Labour.

aggi

Post by aggi » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:31 am

Colburn_Claret wrote:I embrace all those things as well, what is eye opening is that you don't need to be part of the EU to achieve them.
The idea that people who voted Brexit are little Englanders, harking on about WWII. It's people like you who are blinkered. It is perfectly feasible to be pro Europe and Globalisation, and anti EU. The very fact that you can't see it, just shows that you are missing the whole point of this referendum, pinning your beliefs on all the remainers who claim we leavers are all racists. Very sad.
It's a shame that Jakubclaret's response to the same post was wittering on about who you'd want in the trenches with you and something about manliness. He hasn't really helped dispel that suggestion.

I agree, to an extent, that you can be pro-Europe and Globalisation and anti-EU but a large part of the Brexit argument isn't about that. There was huge amounts about keeping foreigners out. There's now a push for No Deal and isolating ourselves from our closest neighbours, virulent protests about any alignment with most of the rest of Europe.

You may be pro-Europe and Globalisation but the overall Brexit narrative certainly isn't.

dsr
Been Liked: 4578 times
Has Liked: 2270 times

Post by dsr » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:33 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:No, I think its very obvious that we need to fight the European elections.

Long extension and sort this properly.
What's the point? The EU has offered a deal and won't shift; that deal is unacceptable and even Remainers don't like it. Why have two more years of stalemate and then leave anyway? The only reason for extending would be to try and delay Brexit so long that it doesn't happen.

I think I see the point.

aggi

Post by aggi » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:35 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:No deal is defeated after the criminal MP let out on tag gets to cast her vote. If it wasn't for Brexit she would of and should of been sacked.
Sacked by who? What has it got to do with Brexit?

aggi

Post by aggi » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:37 am

BleedingClaret wrote:I have heard it all now.
The Brexit Secretary Steve Barclay has said that he has heard ideas from members of the house, in regards to participation in the EU elections, that we either just roll over our current MEPs or we just appoint them in line with the current party numbers in Parliament.
Well that's Democracy Subverted.
Strange how the people that want a 2nd, no sorry Confirmatory, very clever that, Referendum don't want the EU Elections or a General Election because they know leave voters will dominate both because unlike a further Referendum as with the Real Referendum they can fiddle it with the options and if it goes Leave again then dilute it with a Parliament That will REMAIN the same.
I think most would agree that is a terrible idea. Another example of Leavers trying to subvert democracy.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:43 am

aggi wrote:Sacked by who? What has it got to do with Brexit?
Any MP who goes to prison should be sacked by their party. She kept her job to help Labour with the Brexit votes.

Do you think we should have MPs, who have spent time in Jail while serving the people still in their job?

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5560 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:44 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:Occasionally a "Rotten Borough" gets exposed. Rotherham Council was described as such.

Anybody really believe that Ringo wrote this?

aggi

Post by aggi » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:48 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:Any MP who goes to prison should be sacked by their party. She kept her job to help Labour with the Brexit votes.

Do you think we should have MPs, who have spent time in Jail while serving the people still in their job?
She has been sacked by the Labour party.
These 4 users liked this post: Lancasterclaret longsidepies Quickenthetempo martin_p

Mala591
Been Liked: 685 times
Has Liked: 429 times

Post by Mala591 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:49 am

martin_p wrote:I don’t think Corbyn will insist on a referendum, which is probably why Rebecca Long Bailey (who attended the meeting with him) has been sent out to insist that Labour’s position is only to have a referendum on no deal or a damaging Brexit.
If the government DO make a massive compromise and offer a guaranteed customs union in the political declaration then all eyes will be on Corbyn's response. He can put the coutry first by accepting the offer without a second 'confirmation' referendum or he can 'give in' to pressure from anti-democratic remain Labour MPs who are only interested in reversing the decision to leave the EU.

Is he strong enough to make such an important decision and move our country forward?

I sincerely hope so.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:51 am

"MPs must respect the referendum result – even if it leads to hard Brexit", says Yvette Cooper . January 2017

https://www.qmul.ac.uk/media/news/2017/ ... ooper.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Duplicitous liar and betrayer of her constituents.

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:52 am

aggi wrote:It's a shame that Jakubclaret's response to the same post was wittering on about who you'd want in the trenches with you and something about manliness. He hasn't really helped dispel that suggestion.

I agree, to an extent, that you can be pro-Europe and Globalisation and anti-EU but a large part of the Brexit argument isn't about that. There was huge amounts about keeping foreigners out. There's now a push for No Deal and isolating ourselves from our closest neighbours, virulent protests about any alignment with most of the rest of Europe.

You may be pro-Europe and Globalisation but the overall Brexit narrative certainly isn't.
A lot of that narrative is whipped up by remainers, claiming what Leavers intentions are. It's been spin doctored to death.

Controlling your borders, and having the authority to decide who is and who isn't welcome into your country, is a million miles away from keeping out foreigners. We have always needed continental workers, and post Brexit, we still will. I have nothing against anyone coming here to WORK. I have nothing against those workers staying, and making Britain their home, if that's what they want. Under the present open borders we are a target for foreign criminals, and dole warriors. Sad but true.
a No Deal won't isolate us from our neighbours, thats impossible. Trading will carry on as before. The only thing that will change is the paperwork required, and the tariffs involved, but trading will continue. Nobody has an issue with being aligned with Europe, just some of us object to the EU passing our laws for us.

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by Pstotto » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:54 am

When the Remainers get their wish to be a part of the 4th Reich of Eurasia and with the rest of the world developing, the PL will become a backwater league in a backwater country and we'll all be begging for 6th world remnants of the 3rd world clothing already on our streets via Primark and after the pre-fab houses disintegrate it will be sheets of recycled plastic over your heads if you're lucky.

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:00 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:Any MP who goes to prison should be sacked by their party. She kept her job to help Labour with the Brexit votes.

She's been suspended and was urged to resign (and stand as an independent if she wants to keep her seat). The Labour Party can't stop her from voting.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... ing-charge" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This user liked this post: Quickenthetempo

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1826 times
Has Liked: 930 times

Post by CombatClaret » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:02 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:"MPs must respect the referendum result – even if it leads to hard Brexit", says Yvette Cooper . January 2017
https://www.qmul.ac.uk/media/news/2017/ ... ooper.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Duplicitous liar and betrayer of her constituents.
Lets not get into the 'things that were said in the past' game. The cheerleaders of Brexit come off very badly, the list of duplicitous liars gets very long.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:04 pm

aggi wrote:That's a bit naughty from the Telegraph, they seem to have re-purposed the results to fit their narrative and entirely ignored the third option of extending Article 50 (which would technically be remaining in the EU at this point in time).

Every region of England and Wales happy to leave the EU without a deal - except London

Most people in England would prefer a no-deal Brexit to remaining in the EU, according to a people-rather-no-deal-remain-according-new-poll

Aggi, has the disconnect between millions of The People and MP's that lead to the referendum result , been made better or worse following actions of Parliamentarians?

Will the mistrust have decreased or intensified?
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 418 times

Post by Darthlaw » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:05 pm

CombatClaret wrote:Lets not get into the 'things that were said in the past' game. The cheerleaders of Brexit come off very badly, the list of duplicitous liars gets very long.
And my daily whataboutery award goes to... ;)
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:07 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
She's been suspended and was urged to resign (and stand as an independent if she wants to keep her seat). The Labour Party can't stop her from voting.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... ing-charge" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
aggi wrote:She has been sacked by the Labour party.
I'm a little surprised that someone who was elected as the candidate of Labour and sacked could carry on.

Then again nothing should surprise me with this shower we have at the moment.

CombatClaret

Post by CombatClaret » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:16 pm

Darthlaw wrote:And my daily whataboutery award goes to... ;)
Whataboutery or holding up a mirror as Wrongo gnashes his teeth at the idea of a politician saying one thing but doing another?

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:18 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:A lot of that narrative is whipped up by remainers, claiming what Leavers intentions are. It's been spin doctored to death.

Controlling your borders, and having the authority to decide who is and who isn't welcome into your country, is a million miles away from keeping out foreigners. We have always needed continental workers, and post Brexit, we still will. I have nothing against anyone coming here to WORK. I have nothing against those workers staying, and making Britain their home, if that's what they want. Under the present open borders we are a target for foreign criminals, and dole warriors. Sad but true.
a No Deal won't isolate us from our neighbours, thats impossible. Trading will carry on as before. The only thing that will change is the paperwork required, and the tariffs involved, but trading will continue. Nobody has an issue with being aligned with Europe, just some of us object to the EU passing our laws for us.
We already have the right to deport EU citizens that commit crime, or come here and claim benefits without working. And as for passing our own laws, we already do that too. Out of the laws that have come out of the EU, which do you object to?

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:21 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... rosby-firm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is hardly surprising. They are playing the leavers.
This user liked this post: CombatClaret

claret2018
Been Liked: 819 times
Has Liked: 26 times

Post by claret2018 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:21 pm

Wait I thought all those who voted leave wanted to give absolute power back to our MPs?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:21 pm

"I will not vote to block Brexit"

Yvette Cooper election campaign leaflet 2017.

CombatClaret

Post by CombatClaret » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:23 pm

AndrewJB wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... rosby-firm

This is hardly surprising. They are playing the leavers.
Got no response when I posted yesterday, just fingers in ears.