Brexit: Uniting the Country Since 31/01/2020

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:53 pm

Dike Muff wrote:Both voted Leave. My father is still adamant that we should Leave; deal or not.
Slightly luckier here, dad voted remain and is possibly more angry about it than I am (for Ringo, my dad is from Burnley and ticks all the boxes you require!)

Mum, despite being the nicest possible person in the world, won't ever vote anything but leave and her three remain voting kids have to deal with that.

dsr
Been Liked: 4576 times
Has Liked: 2264 times

Post by dsr » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:55 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:Our current set of Old People are a strange bunch. Barely any of the Great Generation who fought ad suffered great loss against the rise of Fascism still remain, due to the inevitable passage of time. What we're now left with is their children who, having being blessed with the peace, prosperity, and good fortune(NHS, Free University Education for All,Secure Jobs, Cheap Mortgages etc), now want to simultaneously deny the next generation of these whilst somehow claiming ownership for the hard work of the generation above them that actually earned all of this.
You are so unimaginiative. Which is more likely:

1. People who voted Brexit have a different opinion from you;
2. People who voted Brexit agree with you that the EU is wonderful but are voting against their children's interest.

Use your imagination. Brexiters don't have horns and a tail; they are ordinary people, just like Remainers are ordinary people, and they voted in what they believe is the best interest of future generations, just like Remainers voted in what they believe is the best interest of future generations.

Believe Brexiters to be wrong, by all means; but don't believe that they don't want the best for their family.
This user liked this post: summitclaret

Dike Muff
Been Liked: 99 times
Has Liked: 55 times

Post by Dike Muff » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:12 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Slightly luckier here, dad voted remain and is possibly more angry about it than I am (for Ringo, my dad is from Burnley and ticks all the boxes you require!)

Mum, despite being the nicest possible person in the world, won't ever vote anything but leave and her three remain voting kids have to deal with that.
It’s not quite American Civil War type Family Division, but it’s not far off.

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:12 pm

dsr wrote:You are so unimaginiative. Which is more likely:

1. People who voted Brexit have a different opinion from you;
2. People who voted Brexit agree with you that the EU is wonderful but are voting against their children's interest.

Use your imagination. Brexiters don't have horns and a tail; they are ordinary people, just like Remainers are ordinary people, and they voted in what they believe is the best interest of future generations, just like Remainers voted in what they believe is the best interest of future generations.

Believe Brexiters to be wrong, by all means; but don't believe that they don't want the best for their family.
You lack scope. This isn't just about Brexit; it’s about voting patterns for the past four decades. Voting for Governments that Privatise Public Services with the lure of a few making a quick buck because theyre in on the scheme of deliberately undervaluing the price of shares before floatation. Hey, we can turn our £3 grand of savings into £6 grand and buy ourselves a new Sierra Estate! Shame our Utilities will be flogged off to the highest bidder in order to do this. Voting for Governments who sell off Council Hosing Stock cheaply(a good thing in itself) but then make it nigh on impossible for Local Councils to ringfence said money into building new Social Housing. Voting for Governments who have continuously underfunded the NHS, Schools, Child Services, Police etc
This has all been done by the Baby Boom Generation. They had all the benefits of the Post War Bounce, and now all theyre really concerned about is the Money in their generous Pensions. Ones their kids and grandkids will not benefit from.
These 5 users liked this post: Lancasterclaret Falcon Greenmile nil_desperandum martin_p

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:15 pm

Dike Muff wrote:It’s not quite American Civil War type Family Division, but it’s not far off.
Envy the wifes family to be honest. All of them absolutely batshit mental Brexiteers (despite again, being the nicest people you could meet)

Safe to say we don't talk about it at any family gatherings!

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5553 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:29 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Envy the wifes family to be honest. All of them absolutely batshit mental Brexiteers (despite again, being the nicest people you could meet)

You have checked that your father in law isn’t Ringo haven’t you?
This user liked this post: Lancasterclaret

Falcon
Been Liked: 892 times
Has Liked: 1170 times

Post by Falcon » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:30 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:You have checked that your father in law isn’t Ringo haven’t you?

That would be the plot twist to end all plot twists
These 2 users liked this post: Lancasterclaret longsidepies

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:33 pm

"Insert end of Empire Strike Back GIF here"

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4186 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:34 pm

Lancaster the son of ringo and elizabeth ?
This user liked this post: nil_desperandum

SmudgetheClaret
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:53 pm

Establishment Kryptonite = the Brexit Party

Join here

https://thebrexitparty.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:56 pm

I've joined.

Mr D. Duck of the Brexit Party at your service.

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 418 times

Post by Darthlaw » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:59 pm

Didn't you sign the petition, five times with your different e-mail addresses, to revoke article 50 Mr Duck? ;)
Last edited by Darthlaw on Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:59 pm

Dike Muff wrote:My 69 year old Father was running my mother and his finances into the ground until I stepped in. His utter refusal to embrace technology and change meant that they were haemorrhageing literally hundreds of pounds every quarter with Utility Bills, Insurances etc. He still believed in the idea that, if you stayed loyal to a Company/Provider, you’d get a better deal. He was paying about £450 a year on White Goods insurance, FFS! He could’ve bought a new washer and dryer every year for that!
Age and ‘experience’ are not all they’re cracked up to be.
Almost identical to my experience.
I got "Power of Attorney" for my "working class" dad, (fast approaching 90), about 3 years ago.
I almost immediately cut his bills significantly, and made every aspect of his life more efficient and cost-effective. Despite this he won't consider a mobile phone and refuses to understand that using computers / technology etc. can have any positive impact on our lives.
He wasn't old enough to serve in WW2, but is still "fighting the Germans", and has a politically incorrect attitude towards people with different coloured faces. Despite this I will be taking him to vote at the local elections, where his vote will no doubt reflect his views, and should we have a "People's Vote" it will not be possible to convince him that voting "leave" may not be advantageous to his children and grandchildren, despite many representations having been made to him by them over the past couple of years.

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2819 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:00 pm

I've just signed up as Alan B'Stard

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:03 pm

SmudgetheClaret wrote:Establishment Kryptonite = the Brexit Party

Join here

https://thebrexitparty.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is that the same Nigel Farage who doesn't believe in democracy?

aggi
Been Liked: 2117 times

Post by aggi » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:08 pm

Spijed wrote:Is that the same Nigel Farage who doesn't believe in democracy?
I think it's the one who got fewer votes in a General Election than this dolphin

summitclaret
Been Liked: 833 times
Has Liked: 1324 times

Post by summitclaret » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:10 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:Almost identical to my experience.
I got "Power of Attorney" for my "working class" dad, (fast approaching 90), about 3 years ago.
I almost immediately cut his bills significantly, and made every aspect of his life more efficient and cost-effective. Despite this he won't consider a mobile phone and refuses to understand that using computers / technology etc. can have any positive impact on our lives.
He wasn't old enough to serve in WW2, but is still "fighting the Germans", and has a politically incorrect attitude towards people with different coloured faces. Despite this I will be taking him to vote at the local elections, where his vote will no doubt reflect his views, and should we have a "People's Vote" it will not be possible to convince him that voting "leave" may not be advantageous to his children and grandchildren, despite many representations having been made to him by them over the past couple of years.
Good on your dad.

Dike Muff
Been Liked: 99 times
Has Liked: 55 times

Post by Dike Muff » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:20 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:Almost identical to my experience.
They become our children in the end. It’s a good job we still love ‘em, in spite of their faults.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3862 times
Has Liked: 2071 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:35 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Under 18 can't vote.

So thats a really silly thing to say. But its Brexit, so I'm very used to it by now sadly.
Obviously they can't vote.

You get the point I was making though don't you?

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:45 pm

Darthlaw wrote:Didn't you sign the petition, five times with your different e-mail addresses, to revoke article 50 Mr Duck? ;)
Other four were Scrooge McDuck and those three annoying nephew ones!

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:46 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:Obviously they can't vote.

You get the point I was making though don't you?
No, cos its still silly

Jakubclaret
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:49 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Then that will be their choice, crucially not mine or yours.
It's not going be though is it if we are still tied in.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:51 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:I've joined.

Mr D. Duck of the Brexit Party at your service.
Have you applied to stand as an MEP as well?

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:56 pm

AndrewJB wrote:If you were to stop and consider all of you preset assumptions - “the EU is going downhill” “the EU is undemocratic” and “Britain has no sovereignty while in the EU” - the baselines from which your opposition to the EU stems, and you found them to be wrong or grossly over exaggerated, would you hold your hands up and reconsider your opposition?
My opposition stems from immigration 75% 25% sovereignty, as a estimate i reckon It's 50% 50% split with the leavers, some leavers on here don't even mention immigration it's all about sovereignty for them, everyone's different, some leavers are that passionate about sovereignty you could be looking at 100% for that reason alone & absolutely no concerns with mass immigration.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:57 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:Have you applied to stand as an MEP as well?
I can imagine the interview now

Brexit party official - "So Mr Duck, how angry do these remainy traitors make you?"

D Duck - "Oh I'm very annoyed. I've prepared details of how WTO terms are the way forward, if you could just fill in the more obvious gaps that would be great"

Brexit party official - "What? Oh, we don't worry about, we just want to leave"

D Duck "but we have an alternative plan right? "

Brexit party official - "REMAINER ****, LEAVE MEANS LEAVE etc etc"
"

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:03 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:I can imagine the interview now

Brexit party official - "So Mr Duck, how angry do these remainy traitors make you?"

D Duck - "Oh I'm very annoyed. I've prepared details of how WTO terms are the way forward, if you could just fill in the more obvious gaps that would be great"

Brexit party official - "What? Oh, we don't worry about, we just want to leave"

D Duck "but we have an alternative plan right? "

Brexit party official - "REMAINER ****, LEAVE MEANS LEAVE etc etc"
"
They actually do interviews?

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:06 pm

Be great if they don't.

I will buy a massive duck costume and stand if that is the case!

aggi

Post by aggi » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:07 pm

dsr wrote:Because trade deals are better than no deals. :roll:

No-one is suggesting that we won't have trade deals. You're thinking too short term. Just because there will be no trade deals in force on the day we leave, in accordance with the EU's negotiating position, does not mean we won't be signing them later. Most countries recognise that trade deals are a mutually good thing, and so trade deals will be signed. Possibly not with the EU, because the EU sees the principle of being nasty to the Brits as being paramount; but other countries don't share their prejudice.
In my view those who are so keen on No Deal are thinking too short term. They just want out with no plan on what is going to happen yet. Does it really matter if we spend half a dozen years in a withdrawal period actually sorting things out when we're looking at the next fifty years of the country?

Stomping out in a fit of pique and then having to rush all of the deals from a position of weakness isn't taking a long term view.

aggi

Post by aggi » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:36 pm

This seemed relevant to the youth don't have enough sense to make decisions discussion.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... -rome-roma" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:53 pm

aggi wrote:This seemed relevant to the youth don't have enough sense to make decisions discussion.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... -rome-roma" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Go back to when you was 15 throughout the pubescent years & reflect on the silly mistakes, hailed as a hero today & quickly forgotten about, age brings experience, we all had ideas not being a man at that age & now some of us would laugh at what we used to think, it's only maturing & everyday life progressing we now reach different conclusions on a individual basis.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:55 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:Go back to when you was 15 throughout the pubescent years & reflect on the silly mistakes, hailed as a hero today & quickly forgotten about, age brings experience, we all had ideas not being a man at that age & now some of us would laugh at what we used to think, it's only maturing & everyday life progressing we now reach different conclusions on a individual basis.
What are you then, the exception that proves the rule?

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:59 pm

So predictable :lol: just as funny as the duck & costume what conjured up earlier, some of us are wasted on this forum, we'd make good stand up comedians.

Mala591
Been Liked: 685 times
Has Liked: 429 times

Post by Mala591 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:03 pm

Customs union, Single market or both?

Single market or both and we can't have an independent immigration policy.

So customs union it is.

All Theresa needs to do now is negotiate a customs union with the Labour party without having a 'confirmation' referendum.

Will she succeed?

Don't hold your breath...

Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Post by Lowbankclaret » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:36 pm

aggi wrote:In my view those who are so keen on No Deal are thinking too short term. They just want out with no plan on what is going to happen yet. Does it really matter if we spend half a dozen years in a withdrawal period actually sorting things out when we're looking at the next fifty years of the country?

Stomping out in a fit of pique and then having to rush all of the deals from a position of weakness isn't taking a long term view.
That’s what I find strange, you all think those who want to leave are looking short term. I have posted the link to one of the most recognised geopolitical exponents who explains that Germany is on a one way road to collapse. It’s population is shrinking and it’s heading for earl trouble.
Italy is on the verge of financial collapse.

America has become self sufficient for everything in the last couple of years and they are not going to police the world any longer.

Our future is to link ourselves close to them not Europe.

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:42 pm

aggi wrote:But you've also shown that you're willing to believe any old tripe that is anti-remain. Age and wisdom don't necessarily come together.

Perhaps your not willing to listen to a educated reasoned argument.

Or perhaps someone who voted leave cannot have been reading and doing research to base an educated decision on.

For you it’s all about a bull **** statement on a red bus that brainwashed everyone.

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2350 times
Has Liked: 3178 times

Post by Paul Waine » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:44 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:
The old are fantastic, but the one thing that they are not good at (in the main) is dealing with rapid change, and they remember stuff (hell, we all do!) with distinctly rose tinted glasses.

I voted so my kids could enjoy the benefits I have had, namely the chance to work freely in Europe with minimal hassle.

You voted so your kids and grandkids lose that.
Hi Lancs, sorry I can't let you make those comments about "the old" I've no idea what age you think is "old" maybe when you can get senior rates for football tickets.

What makes you think over 65s can't handle "rapid change" while younger age groups can?

Surely, with respect to brexit it's claimed to be the young who don't want to change?

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:56 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:Our current set of Old People are a strange bunch. Barely any of the Great Generation who fought ad suffered great loss against the rise of Fascism still remain, due to the inevitable passage of time. What we're now left with is their children who, having being blessed with the peace, prosperity, and good fortune(NHS, Free University Education for All,Secure Jobs, Cheap Mortgages etc), now want to simultaneously deny the next generation of these whilst somehow claiming ownership for the hard work of the generation above them that actually earned all of this.
Hi LB, strange comments, not all well informed. Yes, the generation who were young adults thru the war have all but gone. I'm one of the "baby boom" generation.

"Free uni education" but less than 5% got the chance to go. School leaving age 14. I've no idea how you get this to be "Free uni education for all."

Basic rate tax 30%. Jobs weren't secure. Some were, many were'nt. Check some unemployment stats.

"Cheap mortgages" - mortgage rates were high single figures up to 15%! I guess you are thinking of house prices.... But, aren't they, in part so high because mortgage rates are lower than they have ever been?

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:03 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Envy the wifes family to be honest. All of them absolutely batshit mental Brexiteers (despite again, being the nicest people you could meet)

Hi Lancs, so your Mum voted brexit and your wife's family voted brexit and yet you didn't explain to them all "the realities?"

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:57 pm

Paul Waine wrote:Hi LB, strange comments, not all well informed. Yes, the generation who were young adults thru the war have all but gone. I'm one of the "baby boom" generation.

"Free uni education" but less than 5% got the chance to go. School leaving age 14. I've no idea how you get this to be "Free uni education for all."

Those that could qualify were able to afford to go. By the time I got to university age(and could gone without Student Loans)I’d assert that that figure was much higher than 5%.

Some weren’t; that is always the case. But compared to employment now, the ‘60s/‘70s/‘80s for the Upper Working Class and the Middle Class we’re a golden age for employment. Apprenticeships leading to near lifelong employment and generous pensions at the end. The Baby Boomers were truly blessed in this department. That why so many of them have retired on copper bottomed final salary deals that their grandchildren will hear about in legend.
I maybe should have said that the gap between wages an house prices was easily bridgable; not the gaping chasm now that is meaning so many cannot get on the property ladder and are stuck in rent traps.
As for the 15% mortgages, I don’t think that those figures were ever maintained for all that long, and even though they would have had detrimental effects on borrowers(my folks included), they would be far more easily absorbed then than if the same happened now.

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:19 pm

[quote="Lord Beamish"
I maybe should have said that the gap between wages an house prices was easily bridgable; not the gaping chasm now that is meaning so many cannot get on the property ladder and are stuck in rent traps.
As for the 15% mortgages, I don’t think that those figures were ever maintained for all that long, and even though they would have had detrimental effects on borrowers(my folks included), they would be far more easily absorbed then than if the same happened now.[quote="Lord Beamish"][/quote]

Hi LB, I "Bridged that gap" - I wouldn't claim it was easy. Gave up a lot to be able to afford the mortgage and pay my debts. All 4 houses I've bought fell in value after I'd bought them. One came back strong, and I've been where I am now for 30 years.

I was working abroad (before EU freedom of movement) and renting out my UK home. I was losing money paying mortgage rate of 15% after rent was paid. Agree, that wasn't for long but rates were 12/13% for some time. New car? No, mortgage has to be paid. Foreign holiday? What can we do "on the cheap" because mortgage has to be paid.

No complaints. I love to see the lives my children and grandchildren have - and I'm enjoying my life in my 60s.

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:43 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:Some weren’t; that is always the case. But compared to employment now, the ‘60s/‘70s/‘80s for the Upper Working Class and the Middle Class we’re a golden age for employment. Apprenticeships leading to near lifelong employment and generous pensions at the end. The Baby Boomers were truly blessed in this department. That why so many of them have retired on copper bottomed final salary deals that their grandchildren will hear about in legend
As I posted earlier, take a look at unemployment stats. There were lots of people out of work in the 60s, 70s and 80s. It was closure of a couple of major local employers (near where I was living) that led to my first house falling in value. All across Lancashire, including Burnley, jobs were regularly cut in textiles and other sectors through 60s and 70s. Petchems, including ICI, Shell and Courtaulds, were shedding 000s in 80s. I was part of all of this, closures and "re-structurings."

Yes, if you kept your job - and served 40 years with same employer you may now have a "gold-plated" pension. There were millions had nothing but state pension. I've been "defined contribution" for most of my career . Not complaining, I'm still luckier than many in my generation. Yes, I've some experience of what my children will experience - and their peers - and my grandchildren.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1644 times
Has Liked: 400 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:01 pm

I enjoyed this interview with trade expert Shanker Singham today (a Remain voter come born again Brexiteer).

I guess it depends on where you are on that free trade / protectionist spectrum and whether free trade can still be done with regulations and working standards at a high level.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/04/0 ... ssion=true

If he is right, we are all bickering about the pennies but the pounds in the world economy may need something like free trading Brexit to happen.

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 930 times

Post by CombatClaret » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:53 pm

jrm.jpg
jrm.jpg (78.73 KiB) Viewed 2192 times
Wait what?! So we've got power and control, enormous amounts of it in fact, but you said...
These 3 users liked this post: martin_p evensteadiereddie Claret-On-A-T-Rex

dsr
Been Liked: 4576 times
Has Liked: 2264 times

Post by dsr » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:56 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:Some weren’t; that is always the case. But compared to employment now, the ‘60s/‘70s/‘80s for the Upper Working Class and the Middle Class we’re a golden age for employment. Apprenticeships leading to near lifelong employment and generous pensions at the end. The Baby Boomers were truly blessed in this department. That why so many of them have retired on copper bottomed final salary deals that their grandchildren will hear about in legend.

As for the 15% mortgages, I don’t think that those figures were ever maintained for all that long, and even though they would have had detrimental effects on borrowers(my folks included), they would be far more easily absorbed then than if the same happened now.
With the current mortgage rates, a monthly repayment now takes up a lower proportion of after-tax salary than a monthly repayment did in your golden days. 15% mortgages didn't last long, but 9% mortgages did.

As for job security in the sixties - How many cotton workers were there in East Lancashire in 1960? And how many of those "secure jobs" were still extant in 1970?

aggi

Post by aggi » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:22 am

Lowbankclaret wrote:Perhaps your not willing to listen to a educated reasoned argument.

Or perhaps someone who voted leave cannot have been reading and doing research to base an educated decision on.

For you it’s all about a bull **** statement on a red bus that brainwashed everyone.
I'm referring back to about a week ago when you posted a dozen or so "facts" that were unmitigated bullshit. It wasn't an educated, reasoned argument. It was outright lies, plain and simple.

Nothing to do with a bus, no idea why you brought that up. Guess it's easier to defeat a made up argument.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:35 am

I find it absolutely astonishing that some people are looking into the future about their children's prospects, in about 10 years unless the children are academically bright to begin with or funded by wealth, the average working class person with children/childrens with a bog standard comp education will be going against 10 or so more candidates for a minimum wage job lowly skilled, it's a bleak prospect, employers are becoming reluctant on youth apprenticeships with a short term view capitalising on cheap eu labour whilst long-term its overlooked, not a domestic problem not cost effective to enforce.

BleedingClaret
Been Liked: 988 times
Has Liked: 1660 times

Post by BleedingClaret » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:46 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:If I was an old bloke who shouted at kids for doing what kids do, thats what I'd post.

But I'm not, so I don't.
How would they ever learn

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:50 pm

aggi wrote:I'm referring back to about a week ago when you posted a dozen or so "facts" that were unmitigated bullshit. It wasn't an educated, reasoned argument. It was outright lies, plain and simple.

Nothing to do with a bus, no idea why you brought that up. Guess it's easier to defeat a made up argument.
Whilst you will appreciate I did copy and paste that.

I did look into the Land Rover Deal and they got €125 million from the Slovak gov.

Now as we pay about 9 billion a year in and the Slovak gov get 1 billion, I suggest we have paid them to take away uk jobs.

Surely we could hold back 1/2 billion and give that to Landrover to keep jobs here.

But no the EU will not allow that.

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1259 times
Has Liked: 1368 times

Post by Elizabeth » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:46 pm

A good amount of positive talk lately from politicians to give hope that this coming week sees Brexit delivered.
No more talk about a second referendum
No more talk about No Deal

Leave means leave. Even if Labour and Conservatives have to bite the bullet and compromise.

So important that the 17.4 are finally respected. It may not be the Brexit that many of them wished for but it is Brexit.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:13 pm

Is Ringo banned again?
This user liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex