Brexit: Uniting the Country Since 31/01/2020

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Devils_Advocate » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:34 pm

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:47 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:Lol the cut ‘n paste dullard is back! Read up on Parliamentary procedure and ask your wife to explain the concept of consent and when it applies.

Poor Ringo still cannot answer the simplest of questions x
:lol: :lol:

The message board masochist is back! Despite repeated failed attempts at proving he messed up. He keeps on on this vain attempt at proving "no" means "Yes"

The simple question was -

"Did the vast majority of Labour MPs vote to have an eu referendum? "

Read those words. There were no caveats. No small print. No mention of at what stage they voted. No terms and conditions attached to a very simple basic question.

You answered "no".

Yet previously you admitted they actually did.!!

And, having now bizarrely introduced wives and consent into what has become a daily humiliation fest for you. You want to start dishing out lessons about answering the simplest of questions!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You really do make being wrong into an art form. It really is a thing of beauty! :lol:

The weekend has got off to a flier!

Hopefully you'll return next week with a verbal , pulling the pin out of the hand grenade and throwing the pin away, attempt at not admitting you were wrong. Don't let me down now will you.

aggi
Been Liked: 2116 times

Post by aggi » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:58 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Yet another Remoaner who simply cannot do the honorable thing and eat a tiny slice of humble pie!

Selective amnesia now being the latest tactic! ;)

Aggi - the message boards cheap carpet. He lies very badly.
You are the person who wrote:

He [Bercow] can, force a 2nd referendum.

and then repeatedly denied that you'd said that Bercow could force a second referendum.

You can understand why I'm not going to rely on your powers of recollection.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:04 pm

martin_p wrote:You haven’t been proven right at all. It was a contingency plan and the event for which the contingency was planned has happened. To create an ‘establishment conspiracy’ from that is very much tin foil hat stuff. Using the same argument there must be an establishment contingency for a no deal Brexit as substantially more has been spent by n contingency planning for that.

Oh dear you went too soon marty! No deal preparations have been scaled back. But of course, that's exactly what the establishment had been planning all along, as their thwarting of democracy comes to fruition. Further adding even more weight to my assertion back in September/ October, that the establishment and political class, never accepted the referendum result and will do everything in their grasp to stop Brexit.

Talking about accepting.

I also predicted that John Bercows role would be "pivotal".

Speaking, recently, on the events in the Commons these past few months. John Craig, Sky's chief political correspondent said, " Bercows role has been absolutely pivotal by allowing and blocking certain amendments"

Is he right?

Yes

Or

No?

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 654 times
Has Liked: 2894 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:16 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote::lol: :lol:

The message board masochist is back! Despite repeated failed attempts at proving he messed up. He keeps on on this vain attempt at proving "no" means "Yes"

Read those words. There were no caveats. No small print. No mention of at what stage they voted. No terms and conditions attached to a very simple basic question.

You answered "no".

And, having now bizarrely introduced wives and consent into what has become a daily humiliation fest for you. You want to start dishing out lessons about answering the simplest of questions!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You really do make being wrong into an art form. It really is a thing of beauty! :lol:

The weekend has got off to a flier!

Hopefully you'll return next week with a verbal , pulling the pin out of the hand grenade and throwing the pin away, attempt at not admitting you were wrong. Don't let me down now will you.
The Dullard is still doing the cut and paste, still refusing to answer questions, still trying to bully his way through in his normal ill-conceived and bumptious manner :-).

Come on Ringo how many Labour MOs voted for the EU Referendum Act?

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 654 times
Has Liked: 2894 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:24 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Don’t tell lies Ringo, you have been told off before about your propensity to make things up and write half truths to try to mislead. What I accepted was that Labour MPs had voted to start the process but then withdrew their support. They didn’t vote on the third reading.

To try to make it analogues to something you may understand I used the concept of consent. It may be given at the beginning of the night but then withdraw before the act - hence my concern if you were ever to sit on a Jury.

aggi

Post by aggi » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:25 pm

Anyone want some t-shirts? Bargain price https://www.wholesaleclearance.co.uk/wh ... 0319_2.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This user liked this post: Lord Beamish

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:26 pm

aggi wrote:You are the person who wrote:

He [Bercow] can, force a 2nd referendum.

and then repeatedly denied that you'd said that Bercow could force a second referendum.

You can understand why I'm not going to rely on your powers of recollection.
If we arrive at a 2nd referendum. And whether you ( or mutton headed Marty ) agree his role has been pivotal or not. Bercow may not have "forced" a 2nd referendum as I said. However, given that he has unilaterally blocked and allowed , certain amendments, ignored advice from clerks inconsistently ignore precedent or follow it, in a way that could well bring about a situation where we arrive at a 2nd referendum. Then it's fair to say that point could never have been arrived it without him.

But isn't it odd and very revealing. That you can clearly remember me saying "force" a 2nd referendum ( and choose to forget the fact I'd predicted his role would be "pivotal"!) And I also remember and admit saying it.

But struggle to recall me saying that money being earmarked for eu parliamentary elections that will take place after we're supposed to have left , was proof the establishment and political class were going to thwart democracy. And you also, conveniently , have no recollection of your glib reply - "Just contingency plans "

Call me cynical. But the idea you only remember discussions that are unfavourable to myself are like a bucket of sh1t brought from China.

Far fetched!

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5553 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:27 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:Don’t tell lies Ringo, you have been told off before about your propensity to make things up and write half truths to try to mislead. What I accepted was that Labour MPs had voted to start the process but then withdrew their support. They didn’t vote on the third reading.

To try to make it analogues to something you may understand I used the concept of consent. It may be given at the beginning of the night but then withdraw before the act - hence my concern if you were ever to sit on a Jury.
The prospect of Ringo sitting on a jury is hilarious and terrifying in equal measure.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:29 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:Don’t tell lies Ringo, you have been told off before about your propensity to make things up and write half truths to try to mislead. What I accepted was that Labour MPs had VOTED to start the process but then withdrew their support. They didn’t vote on the third reading.

You said -

"What I accepted was that Labour MPs had VOTED"

You should've stopped right there!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:30 pm

Have a great weekend ladies! ;)

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:33 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:The simple question was -

You said -

"What I accepted was that Labour MPs had VOTED"

You should've stopped right there!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
If your mate asks you one morning if you fancy going to the pub that evening and you say “yes” but later that afternoon decide to stay in instead, did you go to the pub that evening?

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:39 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:If your mate asks you one morning if you fancy going to the pub that evening and you say “yes” but later that afternoon decide to stay in instead, did you go to the pub that evening?
This is a trick question......Ringo always goes to the pub!!!

aggi

Post by aggi » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:08 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:If we arrive at a 2nd referendum. And whether you ( or mutton headed Marty ) agree his role has been pivotal or not. Bercow may not have "forced" a 2nd referendum as I said. However, given that he has unilaterally blocked and allowed , certain amendments, ignored advice from clerks inconsistently ignore precedent or follow it, in a way that could well bring about a situation where we arrive at a 2nd referendum. Then it's fair to say that point could never have been arrived it without him.

But isn't it odd and very revealing. That you can clearly remember me saying "force" a 2nd referendum ( and choose to forget the fact I'd predicted his role would be "pivotal"!) And I also remember and admit saying it.

But struggle to recall me saying that money being earmarked for eu parliamentary elections that will take place after we're supposed to have left , was proof the establishment and political class were going to thwart democracy. And you also, conveniently , have no recollection of your glib reply - "Just contingency plans "

Call me cynical. But the idea you only remember discussions that are unfavourable to myself are like a bucket of sh1t brought from China.

Far fetched!
Well you didn't remember and admit saying it, your exact response was "I didn't say that. And you know it." which seems a slightly less honest response than me admitting I can't remember. Yet another illustration why I struggle to 100% believe your recollections.

It's easy to remember things such as the above as you won't stop banging on about how you were proven right (ignoring the fact that what you initially wrote didn't bear any resemblance to what you claimed you were right about).

As others have pointed out, it's not exactly an earth-shattering revelation. If I remembered it I'd have no issue in admitting it. We made a lot of contingency plans, EU elections, medical stockpiling, seaborne ferries, etc. Were there simultaneous establishment conspiracies to revoke the referendum and to leave with no deal?

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:09 pm

Brexit Party sending a clear message that they’ve had enough of the “establishment”.

Farage running it and first candidate is Jacob Rees-Mogg’s sister.
That will really stick it to the metropolitan bubble dwellers.
This user liked this post: longsidepies

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:19 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:Brexit Party sending a clear message that they’ve had enough of the “establishment”.

Just the kind of figureheads the poor, downtrodden, marginalised and ignored working classes are desperate for to speak up for them.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:25 pm

And will be completely ignored by the Brexit Bunch on here, cos they have been so noticeable rational since 2016

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 930 times

Post by CombatClaret » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:39 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:Brexit Party sending a clear message that they’ve had enough of the “establishment”.

I'm sure we'll here about them in The Telegraph, that Euroskeptic, anti-elite newpaper of the people (from the owners of The Ritz hotel)

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:17 pm

The idiots will still be fooled. It's genuinely ridiculous that so many people think that Farage is anti-establishment.

aggi

Post by aggi » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:24 pm

Annunziata seems ideally suited to be in a party with Farage, she's also lost in multiple general elections.

dsr
Been Liked: 4573 times
Has Liked: 2263 times

Post by dsr » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:52 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:Just the kind of figureheads the poor, downtrodden, marginalised and ignored working classes are desperate for to speak up for them.
Just because Shaftesbury and Fry were very rich, doesn't mean they didn't do great things for the poor.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:11 pm

dsr wrote:Just because Shaftesbury and Fry were very rich, doesn't mean they didn't do great things for the poor.
If you think Farage or any member of the Rees-Mogg family giving a flying **** about the poor then there really is no hope for you.

dsr
Been Liked: 4573 times
Has Liked: 2263 times

Post by dsr » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:24 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:If you think Farage or any member of the Rees-Mogg family giving a flying **** about the poor then there really is no hope for you.
If by "that kind of people" you meant, specifically, Nigel Farage and Annuunziata Rees-Mogg, and no-one else, then fair enough (though you clearly know a lot more than I do about Ms Rees-Mogg). But if it was a general sneer at the rich and privileged, then it's inaccurate because the rich and privileged can be good friends and supporters of the poor.

But in general, my post mentioning Shaftesbury and Fry was really about Shaftesbury and Fry.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1643 times
Has Liked: 400 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:45 pm

aggi wrote:I think we're in agreement that without an overwhelming victory either way the other side of the vote shouldn't have just been ignored and that has resulted in a lot of the current issues. The "You lost, get over it" attitude has certainly hindered not helped (and ironically has hindered the Leave side more).

I don't really get where you're coming from in terms of if Remain won we should leave the EU. I think that has certainly been swayed by your own preferences.
I think with respect you’re being equally swayed.

What we have all learned after this is that there are many different “layers” of the EU, some officially in, some officially out. The below sums it up nicely on Vox.com.

Actually, whether we are “officially” in or out is of less relevance than where we sit in the diagram. Arguably, whatever the narrow 4% win, for Remain or Leave, a new ring should have been created, to suit the desires of the public. Were Remain to have a narrow win, a compromise to listen to the Leavers could have been the EEA ring and the Customs Union ring too, with a new ring for us to denote close partnership in other areas, keeping the four freedoms but loosening our relationship in a few areas. If Leave had a narrow win, a FTA could sit us outside the Council Of Europe, but with a new ring to denote close partnership in many areas outside trade, with fairly flexible migration built into the FTA.

In reality, the two solutions wouldn’t feel much different to the person in the street, and would perfectly suit 2 referendum outcomes that are just 4% apart. In effect, it would be the new relationship Cameron tried to negotiate. It would probably have kept 75% of us happy, as long as it was made clear when we voted.

Now of course, there has been so much bad blood, thanks to rabid Remain MPs, that isn’t possible. I don’t mean the few dozen hard integrationists on one side, and the few dozen ERG on the other, I mean the rump in the middle, who have done little but cause trouble.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:46 pm

dsr wrote:If by "that kind of people" you meant, specifically, Nigel Farage and Annuunziata Rees-Mogg, and no-one else, then fair enough (though you clearly know a lot more than I do about Ms Rees-Mogg). But if it was a general sneer at the rich and privileged, then it's inaccurate because the rich and privileged can be good friends and supporters of the poor.

But in general, my post mentioning Shaftesbury and Fry was really about Shaftesbury and Fry.
I was talking specifically about the two people mentioned because they were two people mentioned.

Yes, I should said have “the figureheads” rather than “the kind of figureheads”.
Last edited by TheFamilyCat on Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:46 pm

Oops, duplicate post.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:14 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:I think with respect you’re being equally swayed.

What we have all learned after this is that there are many different “layers” of the EU, some officially in, some officially out. The below sums it up nicely on Vox.com.

Actually, whether we are “officially” in or out is of less relevance than where we sit in the diagram. Arguably, whatever the narrow 4% win, for Remain or Leave, a new ring should have been created, to suit the desires of the public. Were Remain to have a narrow win, a compromise to listen to the Leavers could have been the EEA ring and the Customs Union ring too, with a new ring for us to denote close partnership in other areas, keeping the four freedoms but loosening our relationship in a few areas. If Leave had a narrow win, a FTA could sit us outside the Council Of Europe, but with a new ring to denote close partnership in many areas outside trade, with fairly flexible migration built into the FTA.

In reality, the two solutions wouldn’t feel much different to the person in the street, and would perfectly suit 2 referendum outcomes that are just 4% apart. In effect, it would be the new relationship Cameron tried to negotiate. It would probably have kept 75% of us happy, as long as it was made clear when we voted.

Now of course, there has been so much bad blood, thanks to rabid Remain MPs, that isn’t possible. I don’t mean the few dozen hard integrationists on one side, and the few dozen ERG on the other, I mean the rump in the middle, who have done little but cause trouble.

Still blaming remain?

All the fault of people like you mate, so try some personal responsibility for once eh?
This user liked this post: Greenmile

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1354 times
Has Liked: 440 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:20 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:What we have all learned after this is that there are many different “layers” of the EU, some officially in, some officially out. The below sums it up nicely on Vox.com.
What that diagram shows is that we already have the best arrangement as a full EU member with all the political and market benefits, but outside of the Eurozone and Schengen.

It does sum it up nicely.
These 3 users liked this post: longsidepies Burnley Ace Greenmile

hampsteadclaret
Been Liked: 1110 times
Has Liked: 802 times

Post by hampsteadclaret » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:30 am

I suggested in post 7594, two days ago, in some detail that any further delays and lengthy extensions to this horrific process were simply ‘kicking the can further down the road’ in an attempt to ensure that Brexit would not take place at all.. it would be all about Revoke by then..

Any nonsense about.. ‘oh we need more time so we can get the details surrounding withdrawal correct’ were just so much horse****

Not one of the remainers on here took issue with that post.
No one told me I’d got it wrong... no one, not one answered back.

So all delays are about denying Brexit then ( what a surprise).

Just as I was writing that post, a further time extension was being granted, to the end of October I believe... even more than we were asking for.

Those EU bureaucrats are so obliging.
This user liked this post: Elizabeth

taio
Been Liked: 3240 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:32 am

hampsteadclaret wrote:I suggested in post 7594, two days ago, in some detail that any further delays and lengthy extensions to this horrific process were simply ‘kicking the can further down the road’ in an attempt to ensure that Brexit would not take place at all.. it would be all about Revoke by then..

Any nonsense about.. ‘oh we need more time so we can get the details surrounding withdrawal correct’ were just so much horse****

Just as I was writing that post, a further time extension was being granted, to the end of October I believe... even more than we were asking for.

Always thought there'd be a delay. But only due to the huge complexity.

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4254 times

Post by Greenmile » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:56 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:This is a trick question......Ringo always goes to the pub!!!
I’ve always thought of him as more of an alone in a dingy bedsit with 4 bottles of vodka kind of guy.

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:59 am

Greenmile wrote:I’ve always thought of him as more of an alone in a dingy bedsit with 4 bottles of vodka kind of guy.
Nah! He’s definitely the resident blowhard, sat at the end of the bar and butting into other folk’s conversations with his pearls of wisdom.
This user liked this post: Bordeauxclaret

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4254 times

Post by Greenmile » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:02 am

hampsteadclaret wrote:I suggested in post 7594, two days ago, in some detail that any further delays and lengthy extensions to this horrific process were simply ‘kicking the can further down the road’ in an attempt to ensure that Brexit would not take place at all.. it would be all about Revoke by then..

Have you considered the fact that maybe folk just ignored you because you’re tedious, rather than just assuming everyone agrees with you because no one answered back?
These 6 users liked this post: Lord Beamish Lord Beamish Lord Beamish Bordeauxclaret Claret-On-A-T-Rex Spiral

Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 832 times

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:30 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:Nah! He’s definitely the resident blowhard, sat at the end of the bar and butting into other folk’s conversations with his pearls of wisdom.
HE'S THIRTEEN!

That's why he always posts for the few hours between when he's done his homework (except English of course) and bedtime.

It was obvious how old he was from his "ner-ner-ner-ner we won" type posts and complete lack of self-awareness, that's why I blocked him and am constantly surprised anyone still engages with him.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:21 pm

I wouldn't worry about being tedious, I'm xenophobic, somebody in disagreement it's easier to just label them with a derogatory tag that way you don't have to articulate a considered & constructive response.

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 930 times

Post by CombatClaret » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:14 pm

If Mike Dean can change his mind why cant the British people!?

These 5 users liked this post: Imploding Turtle longsidepies Claret-On-A-T-Rex Spiral Bordeauxclaret

Spiral
Been Liked: 2522 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Spiral » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:19 am

Thread drops off front page for first time in forever after this post;
CombatClaret wrote:If Mike Dean can change his mind why cant the British people!?

hampstead logic applied, ipso facto, 2nd referendum confirmed!

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:53 am

CombatClaret wrote:If Mike Dean can change his mind why cant the British people!?

You're quite right.

The British people should be able to change their mind, express the fact, and then see the expression of that change of mind, materialise in a free and fair referendum. The result of which should then be implemented.

The British People voted, in a non-binding referendum, in 1975.

They decided to join what would morph into the European Union. The result was implemented.

By 2016 theyd changed their mind about membership of the European Union.

They voted to Leave, in a 2nd Peoples Vote.

The result of that 2nd Peoples Vote is yet to be implemented.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:56 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:You're quite right.

The British people should be able to change their mind, express the fact, and then see the expression of that change of mind, materialise in a free and fair referendum. The result of which should then be implemented.

The British People voted, in a non-binding referendum, in 1975.

They decided to join what would morph into the European Union. The result was implemented.

By 2016 theyd changed their mind about membership of the European Union.

They voted to Leave, in a 2nd Peoples Vote.

The result of that 2nd Peoples Vote is yet to be implemented.
David Davis "If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy. "

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:56 am

Greenmile wrote:I’ve always thought of him as more of an alone in a dingy bedsit with 4 bottles of vodka kind of guy.
Not for the first time, doubt it'll be the last, you're entirely wrong.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:58 am

5 bottles?
This user liked this post: Greenmile

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:58 am

Spijed wrote:David Davis "If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy. "
And if the expressions of democracy are not implemented then you don't have democracy.......

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:00 am

On referendum night before the results had come in, Paddy Ashdown made a solemn promise to the British public:

“I will forgive no one who does not respect the sovereign voice of the British people once it has spoken, whether it is a majority of one per cent or 20 per cent.

When the British people have spoken you do what they command. Either you believe in democracy or you don’t.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:04 am

Must dash.

My youngest is going for his second grading at kick boxing at 10. Fingers crossed and all that eh!

Have a great , not mathematically safe, but as good as, day ladies.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:13 am

At Xmas, I thought we were going down and the country was going to Brexit.

Now?

We are not going down and the European elections will decide whether Brexit happens or not.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:34 am

David Lammy.

Oh dear. :roll:

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:51 am

One of many pre-referendum Remain lies-

"A vote for Leave , would see confidence in the British economy evaporate overnight " former Chancellor of the Exchequer, Alistair Darling.

Reality today -

"UK is found to be hottest investment destination despite Brexit - knocking the United States off the top spot for the first time in FIVE years"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rexit.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:13 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:One of many pre-referendum Remain lies-

"A vote for Leave , would see confidence in the British economy evaporate overnight " former Chancellor of the Exchequer, Alistair Darling.

Reality today -

"UK is found to be hottest investment destination despite Brexit - knocking the United States off the top spot for the first time in FIVE years"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rexit.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It is not about setting up new production facilities, creating new jobs. It is about companies buying British companies. If tomorrow China would buy the UK’s industrial base and close down half of it, this statistic would show that we’re the greatest investment destination ever.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:19 am

One of the many remain lies pre referendum

"IMF says Brexit would trigger UK recession

Annual report on the British economy predicts ‘negative and substantial’ effects if Britain left the EU" June 2016

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... referendum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"There will be an immediate and protracted recession following a Leave vote." George Osborne. Chancellor of the Exchequer and Remain campaigner. June 2016

"Unemployment will rise by an extra 800,000 following a vote to Leave

HM Treasury report June 2016

Reality today

Record levels of employment.........

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:30 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:One of the many remain lies pre referendum

"IMF says Brexit would trigger UK recession

Annual report on the British economy predicts ‘negative and substantial’ effects if Britain left the EU" June 2016

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... referendum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"There will be an immediate and protracted recession following a Leave vote." George Osborne. Chancellor of the Exchequer and Remain campaigner. June 2016

"Unemployment will rise by an extra 800,000 following a vote to Leave

HM Treasury report June 2016

Reality today

Record levels of employment.........
Good job we’ve got a big immigrant workforce here then, isn’t it?

And how many of those currently employed and counted as part of the record levels of employment are on those zero-hour contracts that you despise so much?