Brexit: Uniting the Country Since 31/01/2020

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10237 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:46 am

Lost what, you gormless ****?
Read my posts, moron, or ask for help if you need clarification.
I laughed at Ringo and the other obsessives about the nature of their posts - over three years' worth, ffs!
What they were actually promoting/denouncing didn't bother me one bit apart from the obvious lies and multiple- accounting.
So, all's well that ends well. I predicted the overall majority within five seats and have also cleaned up on the Cornish results in so far. Scotland let me down but hey ho, that would just have been greedy.
Don't be a dick, boyo, and pile in because you think you've something bright to say. You don't know the half of it.
Keyboard toughies, don't cha just love 'em!

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:50 am

Bfcboyo wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:33 am
You are a loud section of a small minority of classless sheep who are so quick to contradict themselves going on the attack with insults and name calling when they have lost. Which being a bunch of total losers is quite often. Could you and your little minority group just disappear somewhere in the shadows?
If you didn't know any better. If you were reading what these obnoxious blow hards said on a daily, sometimes hourly, basis. Youd be forgiven for thinking they hold normal mainstream, commonly held views and attitudes!

They dont, but they're blissfully unaware of that fact!

In the main they're a gaggle of disconnected,
metropolitan bubble dwelling weirdos . Who feed off each other and reinforce their own warped , insular and extremely parochial , myopic world view. In their view anybody, like me, , who has the audacity, to express a different opinion gets treat pack-like and shown total intolerance.

EUROPHILE LEFTIES - CLAIM TO LOVE DIVERSITY

HATE DIVERSITY OF OPINION
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: Blackrod

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:55 am

Look and sound familiar Edward!!

https://youtu.be/U8Kum8OUTuk

It should do!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:08 am

James Obrian right now 5 past 10 13th December 2019

"I'm livid" "I'm furious"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If carlsberg did schadenfreude

This user liked this post: claretandy

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:25 am

Ringo, I'm sorry if you and your "family" aren't doing as well as you'd like at the moment but that's hardly my fault is it?
I can understand how your bitterness and jealousy drive you on to attack me but, seriously, you need to settle down and take responsibility for your own failure.
As you know, I refer to my comfortable status to refute your and others' claims of having "lost".
Far from it, unlike you - tossing off over a keyboard year after year, repeating the same old stuff - I've gone out and backed my judgement and did bloody well.
I'm sorry you can't have opportunities like that but
I'm charitable, get on Coral's for the Geordies to beat us tomorrow, it was 5/2 on Connect.
Don't feel challenged or belittled by other people's good luck or circumstances, get stuck in and do your "lad" proud. He'll learn to respect you one day, I'm sure.
Cheers!

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4185 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:42 am

Why would someone so successful and intelligent be advising of a 5/2 bet when 3s is widely available

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:45 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:25 am
Ringo, I'm sorry if you and your "family" aren't doing as well as you'd like at the moment but that's hardly my fault is it?
I can understand how your bitterness and jealousy drive you on to attack me but, seriously, you need to settle down and take responsibility for your own failure.
As you know, I refer to my comfortable status to refute your and others' claims of having "lost".
Far from it, unlike you - tossing off over a keyboard year after year, repeating the same old stuff - I've gone out and backed my judgement. I predicted and backed an overall majority to within five seats. Cornwall romped home for me, too.
Scotland let me down - no change there - but that would have just been greedy.
I'm charitable, get on Coral's for the Geordies to beat us tomorrow, it was 5/2 on Connect.
Don't feel challenged or belittled by other people's good luck or circumstances, get stuck in and do your "lad" proud. He'll learn to respect you one day, I'm sure.
Cheers!

You know virtually sweet Jack about about my family and I. Around 0.0005% I reckon.

However , even on a day like today you still showing your complete lack of self awareness and inability
to resist the reflex and primitive base instinct to try a lord it over other posters!!

Still puffing your chest out and bragging about what you've won at the bookies!

As it ever occurred to you that I and other posters really really really couldn't care less about your bank balance!
Your obsession with mentioning your financial wellbeing is almost as mind numbingly boring as when you're informing us of yet another holiday you've just been!

And dont , for one nanosecond, think our lack of interest in your personal circumstances is jealousy. It's not!! Its just the fact that we couldn't give a monkeys!!

It never occurs to you, does it, that most of us , are themselves comfortable. But unlike you, arent so vulgar they dont feel the uncontrollable urge to broadcast it on a daily basis Edward!

In other words Edward stop flattering yourself! We couldn't careless!

:lol: :lol:

And by the way, After 3 and a half years.

BREXIT- IVE BEEN PROVEN RIGHT

YOU? - UTTERLY UTTERLY WRONG

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:40 pm

:lol: Yup, so wrong, incredibly wrong, so many pounds' worth of being wrong.
How much did you win? **** all, your same old story.
What might have been.
As I've said many times, the content of your posts, apart from the lies, mutiple-accounting and drunken hysterics haven't been of much interest either way, it's the barmy **** you come across as that's so intriguing. Didn't you once threaten to hunt me down? As if! What was the excuse? Couldn't be bothered....aye, we'll leave it that, eh?
Predicted the Tories would win - how did you manage that - and that's it. Did you not see the bookies' odds over the last few weeks? Hardly a shock. But still, if you want to take credit for masterminding the win, there's nothing loopy about that at all, is there?
If you are so reasonably well off, where does all your bitterness and jealousy come from?
I guess being stuck in Burnley, desperately trying to provide for a family you resent and looking to anyone but yourself for help must take its toll.
I think it's you that might need a holiday, take your lad with you, do a bit of er, bonding..
You never know, start saving now and you might make it.
Cheers!

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:22 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:40 pm
:lol: Yup, so wrong, incredibly wrong, so many pounds' worth of being wrong.
How much did you win? **** all, your same old story.
What might have been.
As I've said many times, the content of your posts, apart from the lies, mutiple-accounting and drunken hysterics haven't been of much interest either way, it's the barmy **** you come across as that's so intriguing. Didn't you once threaten to hunt me down? As if! What was the excuse? Couldn't be bothered....aye, we'll leave it that, eh?
Predicted the Tories would win - how did you manage that - and that's it. Did you not see the bookies' odds over the last few weeks? Hardly a shock. But still, if you want to take credit for masterminding the win, there's nothing loopy about that at all, is there?
If you are so reasonably well off, where does all your bitterness and jealousy come from?
I guess being stuck in Burnley, desperately trying to provide for a family you resent and looking to anyone but yourself for help must take its toll.
I think it's you that might need a holiday, take your lad with you, do a bit of er, bonding..
You never know, start saving now and you might make it.
Cheers!
More assumptions and fantasies.

There are reoccurring little glimpses in many of your posts Edward into your true personality. The one above is no exception.

Others will no exactly what I mean.

And there's a worryingly sinister undercurrent that rears it's dark head regularly.

You dont appear to be able to help yourself.

There's more than a little of the night about you.

I'll leave it at that.

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:42 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:08 am
James Obrian right now 5 past 10 13th December 2019

"I'm livid" "I'm furious"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If carlsberg did schadenfreude

It really was a fantastic listen today, the irony of him Calling Corbynistas patronising and nasty for telling people to eff off and join the Tories was a thing of beauty.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:50 pm

"Others will no"......

**** me, Ringo, if you're not pi$$ed, you must be having a stroke.

"more than a little of the night about you"..............is it cos I is black, bro ? :lol: Fine drama queenery, it has to be said.

I'm bloody glad you're not driving to Clit tonight, mind you, with your new-found mystic abilities, you'd probably see the lamp-post twenty minutes before you wrapped your car round it. :o

Drink responsibly, kidder - if it's not too late. ;)

bobinho
Been Liked: 4094 times
Has Liked: 6570 times

Post by bobinho » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:03 pm

Any chance the remainers STFU now?

We’re going. Try for a deal by all means, but if the EU want us to bend over, tell em to poke it. No deal it is.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:12 pm

We've been going for a while now.
There's not a chance of Johnson gambling on a no deal.

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:15 pm

bobinho wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:03 pm

We’re going. Try for a deal by all means, but if the EU want us to bend over, tell em to poke it. No deal it is.
Not looking for an argument here, just expressing a viewpoint. IMO, having secured a large Tory majority and power for at least 5 years, there's no chance that Johnson would now gamble on a risky "no deal". It'll be a soft brexit, to try and ensure that the economy remains stable, and thus guarantee another term in office beyond 2023.
Edit: Eddie beat me to it, whilst I was giving the reasons why.
These 2 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie KateR

KateR
Been Liked: 1019 times
Has Liked: 6172 times

Post by KateR » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:46 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:35 am
I am.
Come on, Ringo, you have to admit your posts over the last few weeks have become even more shrill and laughable.
You're still ranting even though, apparently, you've brought about this famous victory single-handed ! Well done, that man. Nobody else in the country expected this result. Your giddiness is a thing to behold. It's Friday and you actually have an excuse to get pi$$ed this morning. Go for it, fella.
I couldn't care less about Brexit and the GE, they'll make no difference to me other tham Messrs Johnson, PM to the masses, and Coral, bookmaker to the gentry, have paid for my Christmas several times over. Perhaps you weren't the only one who read the signs.....did you put any bets on, there were some interesting markets.
While you and your lads have been tugging away over your keyboards over the last few days, years in your case, others have been investing or speculating - rather shrewdly, as it turns out.
As I explained to KateR - ;) - or some other moron, my family and I have no worries whatsoever regarding anything our beloved politicians may or may not do. I hope that applies to folk who are not so lucky in places such as Burnley, Castleford and so on. I really hope that now these otherwise insignificant, backward towns are not left to rot now they - you - have served your purpose.

So, yes, trebles all round.

As for resident keyboard warrior/poodle BennyD - "Potty mouth" - grow up, you useless ****. :lol:

Only joking, I'm sure you serve some purpose. ;)
You certainly never explained anything to me sweetie, I did read your posts with interest wondering how one person could dig a hole so deep for themselves and be so clueless and so many things. I guess you're still in the hole, digging away and not had a chance to see what the country had to say, not just a few people on here that you have attempted to bully and failed miserably

Come out of your hole, smell the roses, it's a beautiful weekend, have a rest, be reflective on your thoughts because you're in a vast minority, thank goodness.
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Post by Bfcboyo » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:10 pm

Who are all the lefty extremists moving onto when labour returns to the normal people?

martin_p
Been Liked: 3765 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:13 pm

bobinho wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:03 pm

As nil said and I’ve said on other threads, Johnson is no longer beholden to the ERG who have largely controlled the narrative around Brexit since May’s ill advised election in 2017. He doesn’t need their votes anymore and, as Andrew Marr said last night, we may see ‘the real Boris Johnson’. I sincerely hope is more agreeable than the one we’ve seen over the last three and a half years.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:46 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:42 am
Why would someone so successful and intelligent be advising of a 5/2 bet when 3s is widely available

Best I got was 14/5, not sure where the 5/2 came from. Sorry for that.
Mind you, if the ****'s taking 5/2 it serves him right. ;)

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:01 pm

And on that note, betting had been suspended on the 6 Cornish seats' results because there'd been a long delay in the St. Ives count. The Tories have got it, a damn tight do, though, but they all count. That was one hell of a punt.
Happy days indeedy.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:33 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:50 pm
"Others will no"......

**** me, Ringo, if you're not pi$$ed, you must be having a stroke.

"more than a little of the night about you"..............is it cos I is black, bro ? :lol: Fine drama queenery, it has to be said.

I'm bloody glad you're not driving to Clit tonight, mind you, with your new-found mystic abilities, you'd probably see the lamp-post twenty minutes before you wrapped your car round it. :o

Drink responsibly, kidder - if it's not too late. ;)
Change the record you sinister freakoid!

I'll say this, after probably nigh on 2 years of you making groundless accusations of me being drunk. I reckon for once later tonight, you may actually have got something correct!

Which for you, will be a totally new experience!

For a brief moment I may even think about you as I celebrate the election result!!

The fine selection of beers I'll be sampling in Holmes mill will taste just that bit better, thanks to the thought of you sobbing in yours!

Like I said earlier on today, you've tried to belittle and condescend at many another poster. Bloviating like only you know how to.

Today's bluster ain't fooling nobody Edward!

You've had many laugh at my expense. However, claim otherwise, but you and I both know,

YOURE NOT LAUGHING NOW!
This user liked this post: Venkys4eva

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:08 pm

It's "You're".

Oh, but I am, my little soldier, I am.

"Today's bluster" - you really are desperately thick, Ringo, with your odd theories, scratching around to save face and with multiple accounts that serve no purpose but to show several times over what a ******-up loner you are.

I'm glad you're thinking about me tonight of all nights albeit for the wrong reasons. Rent-free, not bad.

I tell you I'm not fussed about Brexit and the GE because I'm comfortably off so I don't need to be and I get slated for showing off. Go figure !
You're as jealous as hell and, given you and your family's likely circumstances, who wouldn't be ?

You come over all martyr-like and nervous when your weaknesses are pointed out a little too personally and a little too starkly for your comfort. You can dish it out but whine when you get it back. That's weak. You need to grow up or shut up, ya big jessie. Just carry on bullcrapping and then chickening out, that's your style, stick to it.

You then talk of me sobbing in my beer - just as KateR did. Now THAT is freakoid, wouldn't you say ? Why the hell would I do that - the St. Ives result has just completed my win concerning all six, yes six, Tory seats. Boom ! More money than you'll see this month, that's for sure. :lol:

True enough, I've had many a laugh, as have others, at your weirdness today and in the past and, no doubt, will continue to do so in the future. After all, you're such a basket-case what's not to take the pi$$ out of. As I say, it's not so much your content, more the fact that you come across as a prick. An amusing one, admittedly, but a prick nevertheless. Inventing "Ivory Towers" ffs. Mad.

Christ, your wife, poor cow - I'm assuming she's real - is in for a great night, isn't she, you've not been out ten minutes and you're already fantasising about me. Odd or what ?

Keep those tissues handy, bud, just knock one out and get it over with. Have a safe night, you hear ? :lol:
xxx

Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 832 times

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:18 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:21 pm
Achievements ?
What the f-uck have you achieved other than making yourself look like the biggest pr-ick on a football messageboard ?
Well done Wrongo....congratulations
Brilliant :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't wait to see that idiot Johnson mess up Brexit, especially now he has a majority.

Yet again I will be quaffing my Remain Champagne tonight, celebrating, while the rancid celebratory bottle of Leave White Lightning rots in the pantry, never to be drunk :D :D :D :D

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:59 am

Love how you're liking your own posts now, Ringo - desperate or what ?

I trust last night went well and your missus, once you'd repaired her puncture and blown her up again, helped relieve your er, issues concerning me.
How odd to go out on a date night with the "wife" and immediately start posting on TBHE, replying to a bloke who is "sinister" and with something "of the night" (your words not mine) about him. Someone's got a bit of a crush, I think. :lol:

Anyway, I need to get on, the M6 will be busy and I have to be in Bali - oh, sorry, that's in a couple of months' time - Barley by twelve. Then on the Turf, Row H, CFS, towards the corner where the teams come out. I hope the Clarets win, natch, but the odds for a Geordie win might just help my haul from the last day or two reach a big, fat round figure.

Pop over and have a word if you like - try not to **** yourself this time and, please, no touching.

Then back down to the NEC for a mega works bash so a cracking day lies ahead. Good times indeed.

Hope you and your ferals enjoy scratting around in Burnley.

Until then, my sweet....

:oops:

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:01 am

Belgian MEP says PM needs to decide priorities

Today Programme

BBC Radio 4

The central element in the Conservatives' election pitch was "get Brexit done" and the prime minister will need to to negotiate a trade agreement with the EU before the end of next year.

Belgian MEP Philippe Lamberts says the Tories want the "deepest possible access" to the European single market, yet they want to "undercut significantly" EU legislation, adding that "you can't have both".

"So either you want total regulatory freedom and you do whatever you like - and if you want to undercut EU legislation then you do it, but then you lose access.

"Or you want access and you have basically to remain aligned with EU legislation - that will be the decision that Boris Johnson will need to make."

Raoul Ruparel, a special adviser on Europe to former PM Theresa May, says an agreement with the EU can be done next year, but may be limited in ambition because it would have to be agreed before the end of the post-Brexit transition period on 31 December 2020.

He says: "The short time frame does limit the level of ambition potentially, because you would be looking at a narrower and shallower deal that you might have otherwise envisaged given the speed needed."

Big choice for Johnson to make,if he wants a quick trade deal he might have to accept some EU rules,the ERG won't like it,but i can see Boris opting for a softer brexit,just to get the deal over the line.

Mala591
Been Liked: 684 times
Has Liked: 429 times

Post by Mala591 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:08 pm

We are already 100% aligned with EU trade standards/regulations and I can see no reason for immediate and significant deviation. A UK/EU trade deal should be the priority which will probably delay other international trade deals but I can see no problem with that (although the US might get a little bit frustrated by the 'slow progress' of negotiations).

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:28 am

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:45 am
The further away it gets the closer they think it is.

As I’ve also said repeatedly, the intelligent will fix the mistakes of the stupid. As they have done throughout history.

The tactic of appointing someone stupid to fight the intelligent then, when they lose, replacing them with someone even stupider is STUPID but please, keep it up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The intelligent - Boris Johnson

The stupid - Ed Miliband

Someone "even stupider" - Jeremy Corbyn

The intelligent- Those who voted and broke "The Red Wall"

THE MOST STUPID - Claret On A Trex

Loser

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:35 am

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 11:47 am
May was undone by the factions in her party, the next leader will also suffer the same fate, especially one who tries to tout the impossible no-deal scenario.

It'll end up being a general election on which Labour will campaign for a Brexit deal with a customs union and a people's vote with an option to remain.

They'll win, remain will win the people's vote and Brexit will be scrapped, as it was always going to be.

The intelligent, fixing the mistakes of the stupid. Now and forever.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Leave the predictions to me!

I , intelligently, voted conservative and fixed the brexit blocking mistakes of the stupid , like you!!!

Hoist by your own petard!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:47 am

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:30 am
The idea of Theresa May's that she could keep bringing the same, unchanged deal back to Parliament until it was wearily waved through as she ran down the clock was pretty stupid and John Bercow was right to block her from doing it.

I don't know, it's almost as if the intelligent are fixing the mistake of the stupid somehow.

Funny that.
Not half as funny as you now sound!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

aggi
Been Liked: 2116 times

Post by aggi » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:27 pm

Mala591 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:08 pm
We are already 100% aligned with EU trade standards/regulations and I can see no reason for immediate and significant deviation. A UK/EU trade deal should be the priority which will probably delay other international trade deals but I can see no problem with that (although the US might get a little bit frustrated by the 'slow progress' of negotiations).

If you're taking that view then why bother leaving?

Mala591
Been Liked: 684 times
Has Liked: 429 times

Post by Mala591 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:56 pm

aggi wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:27 pm
We start off with '2020 UK trade standards' which are initially identical to EU standards. These are the basis for any new trade deals with the EU or any other country.

The difference is we will also have:

Independent immigration policy
Independent agricultural policy
Independent fisheries policy
Control over our own laws
Control over our own finances

The challenge will be how far and how quickly we diverge from EU trade standards but we WILL be an independent country and the decisions will be ours.
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:11 pm

aggi wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:27 pm
Jesus Christ aggi!

You've............lost.......... the .........arguement!

It cant be doing you any good!

As a fellow claret, I want you still be able to leave your metropolitan London bubble and grace us with your presence.

Attending home games, will mean you're amongst people who are on the winning side of the brexit arguement will make a really refreshing change for !!

So it's time to let it go aggi. Let your blood pressure go back to healthy, pre referendum, levels. Accept that , for all your heartfelt devotion to the cult of the church of the brussels Brotherhood. For all your misguided evangelical EU nationalist zealot ramblings over the last 3 and a half years.

We are leaving the European Union.!!!!!!!!

I've won the arguement.

You've lost the arguement.

Hopefully, you can accept that, move on, healthy in mind and body and regularly join us at The Turf. A Turf in a referendum winning, general election winning, conservative voting Burnley!! A Burnley no longer in the European union ! Sounds great doesn't it aggi! :D

So, I look forward to knowing you'll be amongst us, renewed and refreshed. Your voice amongst your claret and blue brothers , without the spectre of still clinging on to the idea that we can still stay in the EU, clouding your thoughts!!

Throw off the shackles of your previous EU faith. We, the claret and blue brexit loving brotherhood welcome you with big, wide open arms! We're a broad church. Welcoming winners and losers, like you, and treating you as equals!

THE CLARET AND BLUE BREXITEERS

"Liberté, égalité, fraternité and Burnalé"

Spiral
Been Liked: 2522 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Spiral » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:19 pm

-Criticises Europhilia

-Uses French slogan
This user liked this post: Bordeauxclaret

aggi

Post by aggi » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:35 pm

Mala591 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:56 pm
We start off with '2020 UK trade standards' which are initially identical to EU standards. These are the basis for any new trade deals with the EU or any other country.

The difference is we will also have:

Independent immigration policy
Independent agricultural policy
Independent fisheries policy
Control over our own laws
Control over our own finances

The challenge will be how far and how quickly we diverge from EU trade standards but we WILL be an independent country and the decisions will be ours.
The issue is that we're not going to be able to sign this quick deal and still maintain those things you're talking about above. We're not going to be able to diverge significantly from EU standards and it won't be our choice, it will be in the trade deal. Modern trade deals contain loads of extra regulations on things like labour and environmental standards, etc That's why they take so long to agree.

I suspect our independent fisheries policy will be sacrificed early doors. It's only a tiny fraction of our economy, it'll be quickly ditched in return for something more important to us.

If we're going to leave them there's no point in closely tying ourselves to the EU, that'll be like remaining but without our current influence.

aggi

Post by aggi » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:36 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:11 pm
Jesus Christ aggi!
Well you spectacularly missed the point there. Not really surprising though.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:13 pm

Spiral wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:19 pm
-Criticises Europhilia

-Uses French slogan

Beautifully typifies the inability to accept that its entirely possible to love and embrace Europe, its traditions, its heritage and its culture . While simultaneously not wanting to be part of "The Final Remedy" that Little Europeaner nationalist zealots dream of.....

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:15 pm

aggi wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:36 pm
Well you spectacularly missed the point there. Not really surprising though.

You're hurting brother.

I'll try and feel your pain.

Cant promise. :lol: :lol:

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:53 pm

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:18 pm
Brilliant :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't wait to see that idiot Johnson mess up Brexit, especially now he has a majority.

Yet again I will be quaffing my Remain Champagne tonight, celebrating, while the rancid celebratory bottle of Leave White Lightning rots in the pantry, never to be drunk :D :D :D :D
Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:45 am
The further away it gets the closer they think it is.

As I’ve also said repeatedly, the intelligent will fix the mistakes of the stupid. As they have done throughout history.

The tactic of appointing someone stupid to fight the intelligent then, when they lose, replacing them with someone even stupider is STUPID but please, keep it up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The intelligent - Boris Johnson

The stupid - Ed Miliband

Someone "even stupider" - Jeremy Corbyn

The intelligent- Those who voted and broke "The Red Wall"

THE MOST STUPID - Claret On A Trex

Loser

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:33 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:21 pm
You are either an outstanding parody account, a paranoid lunatic or drunk.
Who's mocking and who's laughing now , The family Cat?

(clue - it's not you!)

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:37 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:55 am
Maybe tomorrow. This afternoon's group is Point and Laugh at Silly Ringo.

This was when you were enjoying one of your best pack mentality moments wasnt it!

WHO'S "POINTING AND LAUGHING" NOW ?

aggi

Post by aggi » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:50 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:15 pm
You're hurting brother.

I'll try and feel your pain.

Cant promise. :lol: :lol:
I think you could be the only person on here to see a post advocating that we don't want to be tied too closely to the EU after Brexit and think they're an EU zealot.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:58 pm

aggi wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:50 pm
I think you could be the only person on here to see a post advocating that we don't want to be tied too closely to the EU after Brexit and think they're an EU zealot.
Hate to be the harbinger of bad news aggi, but perhaps it's only fair that somebody let's you know. That you are the only one on here, that, given we're leaving the EU , is yet to realise that , your opinion on the subject, is now redundant and utterly irrelevant!

I know, I know. Cruel but true.

Sorry. X

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:39 am

So with Johnson planning to make it illegal for us to ask for an extension to the transition period it looks like either WTO or serious compromises in a trade deal.

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1182 times
Has Liked: 418 times

Post by Darthlaw » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:17 am

I agree. WTO or serious compromises from both sides. As in any negotiation, you have to be prepared to walk away.

The EU no longer have their 'inside man' in parliament to stifle or stagnate the process in the hope the UK public would change their mind.

Time to get on board, Martin.
This user liked this post: summitclaret

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3079 times
Has Liked: 5043 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:20 am

WTO is nothing to fear, it never was.

I still want a deal, but as was said many times, many years ago, the best way to get the EU to do a deal, is having no deal on the table. Time will tell.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:23 am

Darthlaw wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:17 am
I agree. WTO or serious compromises from both sides. As in any negotiation, you have to be prepared to walk away.
Yep and if the EU are prepared to walk away and let us go down the WTO route Brexit might not turn out to be the big victory that is currently being celebrated across the country

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:25 am

Darthlaw wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:17 am

The EU no longer have their 'inside man' in parliament to stifle or stagnate the process in the hope the UK public would change their mind.

Time to get on board, Martin.
I’m not doing the negotiating, doesn’t matter whether I’m ‘on board’ or not.

I hope we get the beat deal possible, but let’s not forget that Johnson threw Northern Ireland and his allies the DUP under a bus in order to meet a self-imposed deadline. Don’t be surprised if he abandons some of the things he’s promised to meet another self-imposed deadline ( and having done it once the EU will expect it might happen again).

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:34 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:23 am
Yep and if the EU are prepared to walk away and let us go down the WTO route Brexit might not turn out to be the big victory that is currently being celebrated across the country
Aside the fact the EU could have already walked away, or denied our numerous extension requests already, you could also get hit by a bus tomorrow at which point you won't have to worry about it anymore.

PMO and all that.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:38 am

Darthlaw wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:34 am
You could also get hit by a bus tomorrow, at which point you won't have to worry about it anymore.

PMO and all that.
True and really makes me wonder why then people got all worked up about leaving the EU in the first place

As for the EU and extensions, we could have also walked away too and not kept going back to the EU with our begging bowl to ask for extensions

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:16 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:38 am
As for the EU and extensions, we could have also walked away too and not kept going back to the EU with our begging bowl to ask for extensions
In theory, we could. In practice quite the opposite, as history has shown and as Labour, Gina Miller, Bercow et al have particularly found out.

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6485 times
Has Liked: 2910 times

Post by Steve1956 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:14 pm

:D
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (149.67 KiB) Viewed 2018 times