Brexit: Uniting the Country Since 31/01/2020

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Rowls
Been Liked: 5096 times
Has Liked: 5162 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Rowls » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:14 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:EU-Japan have just signed a free trade deal.
False.
This user liked this post: Elizabeth

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:15 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
If it helps you - my comments are EVIDENCE yours are OPINION.
Full length mirror required!

The old Self confirmation technique!

"What I'm saying is right. And I know it's right. Because I'm the one saying it"

One man's evidence , is another man's conjecture.

In my opinion....
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:22 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Full length mirror required!

"What I'm saying is right. And I know it's right. Because I'm the one saying it"

In my opinion....
What if someone is certain they are right about something and tell everyone they are right. Is that condescending and arrogant in your opinion as ive seen that leveled at many remainers a fair bit or as long as they dont qualify stuff as fact or evidence then you are ok with it?

biggles
Been Liked: 182 times
Has Liked: 156 times

Post by biggles » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:29 pm

SGr wrote:Posts like these really do highlight another reason why I want to remain: because the meltdown over Brexit being cancelled would be absolutely hilarious.
good point. you mean like the meltdown from remainers for the last two years? now that has been fun!

biggles

Post by biggles » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:31 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Is your last sentence truth or just assumption?
evidence-based fact.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:31 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:At the moment Ringo, we are heading for a "No Deal"

Again, please tell me the optimism for the UK in that.
I don't think anybody would want a no deal, or be particularly optimistic about it. However.

I remember Yanis Varufakis saying he knew the EU would not want to be seen as agreeing to a mutually beneficial trade deal. In order to keep The EU Project together.

In 2016 Barnier said ," if the deal I negotiate is so bad , the UK wants to stay in the EU. I have done my job"

If the EU is going to be as intransigent about the back stop as it has been so far. Then we should leave on 29th of March on WTO terms.

Just out of interest. Are you in regular contact with your MEP or the EU itself, badgering them to make sure they negotiate a deal, and not just criticising our side?
This user liked this post: biggles

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:35 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:EU-Japan have just signed a free trade deal.

Why would you commit to making these models in an non-EU country in a highly competitive market?

You can dress this up as much as you like, but if a Japanese firm has two European plants, and one of them is in the UK and the other is in the EU, then the investment will only to be going to one place.

Unless, of course, your "natural conclusion" is based on certain assumptions. One being that you judge things as they are right now rather than how things could be.

A post brexit government could create an attractive business environment using favourable business rates, grants for setting up new plants and a competitive corporate tax regime. 

Optimistic about Britain's future outside the EU?

Why do things have to remain static. Why can't they change going forward?
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:40 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:What if someone is certain they are right about something and tell everyone they are right.
If time proves them to be wrong it shows they weren't right and they only had an opinion after all.

If time proves them to be correct they still only had an opinion.

bfcmatt
Been Liked: 130 times
Has Liked: 193 times

Post by bfcmatt » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:46 pm

Rowls wrote:Just when you thought the Remainer cause couldn't get cringier than Eurogirl, or Lord Adonis and Alistair Campbell droning on ...

Up pops Dr Victoria Bateman to out do them all.

https://twitter.com/vnbateman/status/10 ... 7697819649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's even more cringey than that man who puts his signs on a very long pole to get them on the BBC gantry.
Just had a little bit of sick in my mouth watching that.

fatboy47
Been Liked: 2320 times
Has Liked: 2696 times

Post by fatboy47 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:53 pm

Only my opinion, but I'd have thought some of the rabid bumsuckers in thrall to all things Tory might have had the humility to keep their gobs shut where Cameron's utter train wreck over Europe is concerned.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3765 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:01 pm

dsr wrote:It makes me wonder why you forever bang on about the Brexit campaign being based on lies, when you clearly have no objection in principle to false reporting.
Well you started it!!

nissan haven't caimed for one second that the cancellation of the X-Trail was !00% Brexit related, they've mentioned a number of factors and said uncertainty over Brexit is a problem. What 'truths' do you think that they are holding back? No one has questioned any of the other factors they've mentioned, the only thing that can't possibly be true according to some is that Brexit is causing problems for businesses. And why? Because you don't want to hear it!

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:09 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... exit-fears

Here's Barclays moving assets abroad - not opinion

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... r-uk-firms

Here's companies triggering their 'no deal' emergency plans - not opinion

There's more stories like these, they're not hard to find, it's happening.

Open your eyes, Brexit is damaging the UK now!!

dsr
Been Liked: 4576 times
Has Liked: 2264 times

Post by dsr » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:22 pm

martin_p wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... exit-fears

Here's Barclays moving assets abroad - not opinion

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... r-uk-firms

Here's companies triggering their 'no deal' emergency plans - not opinion

There's more stories like these, they're not hard to find, it's happening.

Open your eyes, Brexit is damaging the UK now!!
Brexit may damaging everybody - the EU as well as us. Free trade is a good thing and would benefit both the EU and the UK, but if the EU doesn't want it, there isn't much we can do. And I realise the EU is nasty and unpleasant and will do anything they can to harm the UK, but that in my book is not a valid reason to rejoin.

To Remainers, the great god Free Trade is everything. They would want access to the EU market, worth a combined €560 billion in both directions, and will pay literally any price. They think a fair deal is that they give us tariff-free access to the €560 million market in both directions, and we give then tariff-free access to the €560 billion market in both directions; but to "even up" the deal, we also have to pay €39 billion cash down, €10 billion+ per year, and allow them to set all the rules including our own domestic ones, and to decide when we can stop paying - only when they have found something they like better. Which is a nonsense deal, and how anyone can think that is better than just leaving is a bit beyond me. I thought capitalism was the aim of the Tory party with the right wing being more strongly in favour, but it's the Remainers who are the out-and-out capitalists here- because apart from a bit of mistrust of thew UK governemt's fairness in sharing out the funds the way the EU does it, the only arguments for the EU are that Big Business likes it better.

Don't be so slavish about Big Business. They aren't gods.

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1354 times
Has Liked: 440 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:33 pm

dsr wrote:but it's the Remainers who are the out-and-out capitalists here
I can't speak for other remainers on here, but I'm more of an out-and-out lets not set fire to the country, kind of guy.
This user liked this post: nil_desperandum

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:38 pm

dsr wrote:Brexit may damaging everybody - the EU as well as us. Free trade is a good thing and would benefit both the EU and the UK, but if the EU doesn't want it, there isn't much we can do. And I realise the EU is nasty and unpleasant and will do anything they can to harm the UK, but that in my book is not a valid reason to rejoin.

To Remainers, the great god Free Trade is everything. They would want access to the EU market, worth a combined €560 billion in both directions, and will pay literally any price. They think a fair deal is that they give us tariff-free access to the €560 million market in both directions, and we give then tariff-free access to the €560 billion market in both directions; but to "even up" the deal, we also have to pay €39 billion cash down, €10 billion+ per year, and allow them to set all the rules including our own domestic ones, and to decide when we can stop paying - only when they have found something they like better. Which is a nonsense deal, and how anyone can think that is better than just leaving is a bit beyond me. I thought capitalism was the aim of the Tory party with the right wing being more strongly in favour, but it's the Remainers who are the out-and-out capitalists here- because apart from a bit of mistrust of thew UK governemt's fairness in sharing out the funds the way the EU does it, the only arguments for the EU are that Big Business likes it better.

You really do need to read up on the Withdrawal Agreement if you're going to try and argue about it. The £10 billion a year is part of the £39 billion, not in addition to. You're also confusing the transistion arrangements with the backstop, the £10 billion a year are part of transition and only last until December 2020.

And if you think the EU don't want a free trade agreement you really haven't been concentrating.
This user liked this post: Burnley Ace

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2819 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:38 pm

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/why- ... 6?mode=amp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 654 times
Has Liked: 2894 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:42 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Full length mirror required!

In my opinion....
What I am saying is based on the available body of facts (evidence) and your comments on Brexit aren’t based on facts or knowledge that’s why they are an opinion.

That’s one of the reasons you are unable to answer any Brexit questions that require you to highlight the benefits of Brexit because there is no evidence that it’s a positive

biggles

Post by biggles » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:43 pm

the bloody Guardian, though. lol. so a few companies might leave the uk after brexit. what does that prove? anyone? to counter that argument i'd say this; they might have been planning to leave anyway. maybe they are trying to 'scare' the uk [that's a novelty]. maybe they are simply remainers. maybe they have a personal interest in saying it. one thing i've evidenced and that is this; brexiteers believe it will benefit the uk, remainers voted for their own interests, not the uk's. i'm almost feeling sorry for you lot, now.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:43 pm

Lord Trimble to take government to court over Irish backstop, saying it breaches Good Friday Agreement

https://amp.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news ... 81408.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Burnley Ace

Post by Burnley Ace » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:43 pm

One mans opinion is another mans conjecture, not one mans evidence!

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:45 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:If time proves them to be wrong it shows they weren't right and they only had an opinion after all.

If time proves them to be correct they still only had an opinion.
You avoided my question. Remainers are criticised (in the moment) for being certain about their opinions and telling everybody they are right. In fact it is this supposed condescending attitude that some brexiteers think persuaded swing voters to vote leave. You are very clear about how you view facts and opinions so just wanted your take on this.

You don't have to answer me but I don't see the point in wasting your time swerving the question if you dont

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:45 pm

biggles wrote:the bloody Guardian, though. lol. so a few companies might leave the uk after brexit. what does that prove? anyone? to counter that argument i'd say this; they might have been planning to leave anyway. maybe they are trying to 'scare' the uk [that's a novelty]. maybe they are simply remainers. maybe they have a personal interest in saying it. one thing i've evidenced and that is this; brexiteers believe it will benefit the uk, remainers voted for their own interests, not the uk's. i'm almost feeling sorry for you lot, now.
There really is no point in trying to argue against a faith based system!
Last edited by martin_p on Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:47 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:What I am saying is based on the available body of facts (evidence) and your comments on Brexit aren’t based on facts or knowledge that’s why they are an opinion. :lol:

That’s one of the reasons you are unable to answer any Brexit questions that require you to highlight the benefits of Brexit because there is no evidence that it’s a positive
Full length mirror still required!

What you're "saying" is simply your opinion. Nothing more. Nothing less......

biggles

Post by biggles » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:49 pm

and there's no point arguing against the panick stricken! this kind of arguing can go on and on if you want. so, i have faith in brexit but you have, what, no faith in remaining? don't blame you, tbh.
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:50 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:You avoided my question. Remainers are criticised (in the moment) for being certain about their opinions and telling everybody they are right. In fact it is this supposed condescending attitude that some brexiteers think persuaded swing voters to vote leave. You are very clear about how you view facts and opinions so just wanted your take on this.

You don't have to answer me but I don't see the point in wasting your time swerving the question if you dont
No. I did answer. You just don't like what I said.

Whether people are right or wrong. When it comes down to it all they ever had was an opinion.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:52 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:What I am saying is based on the available body of facts (evidence) and your comments on Brexit aren’t based on facts or knowledge that’s why they are an opinion.

Wrongo really doesn't understand evidence based reasoning, so I wouldn't waste your time. Many people have tried to explain in to him but he just doesn't get it.
These 3 users liked this post: Burnley Ace Bordeauxclaret Greenmile

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:54 pm

biggles wrote:and there's no point arguing against the panick stricken! this kind of arguing can go on and on if you want. so, i have faith in brexit but you have, what, no faith in remaining? don't blame you, tbh.
Faith doesn't come into it either way. Why would you base such potentially life changing decisions on nothing more than a feeling?
This user liked this post: Burnley Ace

biggles

Post by biggles » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:55 pm

ringo - you should have learned by now that the remainers are the only ones who know the truth and can actually predict the future.
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

Burnley Ace

Post by Burnley Ace » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:57 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Full length mirror still required!

What you're "saying" is simply your opinion. Nothing more. Nothing less......
It’s lke a remedial English lesson!!!

Evidence is the available body of facts or information indicating whether a proposition is true or valid

Opinion is a view formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Conjecture is an opinion formed on the basis of incomplete information.

As you are often asked - what evidence do you have that Brexit is a positive move for the U.K.?

Burnley Ace

Post by Burnley Ace » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:59 pm

biggles wrote:ringo - you should have learned by now that the remainers are the only ones who use evidence to predict the future and not opinion, faith, hope or conjecture

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:00 pm

biggles wrote:ringo - you should have learned by now that the remainers are the only ones who know the truth and can actually predict the future.
Thing is that, in weather forecast terms, the remainers are looking at the meteorlogical charts and all the latest weather data coming in and making the best forecast of the weather they can. The leavers are looking at a piece of seaweed and saying 'it'll be sunny!'.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:00 pm

I can predict the future without a deal really easily. Its going to hit us hard.

I'm not sure how we sort this out.

You are telling me to believe in Britain, which is absolutely brexit ******** of the highest order. Did you not believe in Britain when we were in the EU or something?

We ask you for any reasons that makes you lot so confident. And. we. get. zilch.

I'm quite concerned because of reality and a good knowledge of how trade works, and how stuff gets from A to B.

I'm intrigued at what level of "well, this isn't going great" will it take to you lot go "Crikey, might have made a mistake here"

Burnley Ace

Post by Burnley Ace » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:02 pm

martin_p wrote:Wrongo really doesn't understand evidence based reasoning, so I wouldn't waste your time. Many people have tried to explain in to him but he just doesn't get it.
I know but like you do with a dog that keeps shitting in the corner you hope that patience and perseverance might teach them that it’s wrong!!

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:03 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:No. I did answer. You just don't like what I said.

Whether people are right or wrong. When it comes down to it all they ever had was an opinion.
You didn't and as a result I had no opinion either way for your answer as it was just a grey bland comment.

Anyhow to try and clarify what you are saying is you have no problem with Remainers proclaiming their opinion is right and telling other people their opinions are wrong but essentially noones opinion is worth more than anyone else's as only time will tell either way.

Is that a fair summary of your stance on this?

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:05 pm

biggles wrote:evidence-based fact.
Are you gonna tell him or am I Ringo that there is no such thing as evidence based fact - just opinion?

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:05 pm

https://twitter.com/steve_hawkes/status ... 9482261504" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Taking back control

Every single dodgy ****** in the world will be reading this and thinking "Wow, how can I take advantage of this"

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:07 pm

biggles wrote:good point. you mean like the meltdown from remainers for the last two years? now that has been fun!
Oh I’ve enjoyed laughing at the nonsense from that side as well tbh. Bit like when Trump was elected. I’m not ideologically attached to the EU or anything

What truly sways me to remain though is the revisionist nonsense I’ve had to endure. “Dunkirk spirit”, “We’ve survived worse” and “Yes and we should also bring back national service” from certain brexiteers is probably the worst form of argument I’ve ever heard. Both sides can be bad, but that takes top spot.
Last edited by SGr on Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3338 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:09 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:I know but like you do with a dog that keeps shitting in the corner you hope that patience and perseverance might teach them that it’s wrong!!
He was taken to the forest to run free a long time ago.
Poor fella is beyond help.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:11 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:https://twitter.com/steve_hawkes/status ... 9482261504

Taking back control

Every single dodgy ****** in the world will be reading this and thinking "Wow, how can I take advantage of this"
All those terrorists in France waiting to get to the U.K. will be loving that.

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:11 pm

dsr wrote:Brexit may damaging everybody - the EU as well as us. Free trade is a good thing and would benefit both the EU and the UK, but if the EU doesn't want it, there isn't much we can do. And I realise the EU is nasty and unpleasant and will do anything they can to harm the UK, but that in my book is not a valid reason to rejoin.

You know you're getting to the end of a debate when someone on the other side argues against their own original principles, and instead attempts to attribute them to you.

Brexit is a zombie, and the country (or is it just me?) is waiting until the corpse is pushed into the coffin, and the lid nailed shut. Your argument above - while I appreciate it's supposed to be about how a 'no deal' brexit is better than May's deal - works very well for remaining in the EU. We will never get a better deal than the one we already have, and although we can debate until the end of time how bad things will get if we leave without a deal, there is no denying that things will be worse than they are now. As for your assertion that the EU is nasty and unpleasant - what facts do you have to back this up? When we consider the seventy-three EU laws that the UK voted against, and which were passed anyway, I only see us as being nasty and unpleasant. Or cheap and mean.

As a remainer, I find it odd that you'd also characterize me as a 'capitalist' - when I've pointed out many times on here that the EU is a buttress against unbridled capitalism, in a world of big multinationals playing country off against country to lower taxes, regulations, and workers rights. More and more we're seeing that "taking back control" actually means begging other countries to do free trade deals with us.

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:26 pm

I can’t see Brexit lasting in truth.

For varying reasons, good or bad, I can see us rejoining the EU not very long after we leave.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:34 pm

martin_p wrote:Wrongo really doesn't understand evidence based reasoning, so I wouldn't waste your time. Many people have tried to explain in to him but he just doesn't get it.
You once claimed you had evidence that ending free movement of people, would NOT help to combat people trafficking , exploitation and modern day slavery.

I said in my opinion it would.

You're yet to provide that mythical evidence.......

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4254 times

Post by Greenmile » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:35 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:I know but like you do with a dog that keeps shitting in the corner you hope that patience and perseverance might teach them that it’s wrong!!
I used to think the same and spent a while trying to explain the concept of "evidence" to Ringo a while back.

http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... start=1050" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Take my advice - give it up as a lost cause.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:42 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:It’s lke a remedial English lesson!!!

Evidence is the available body of facts or information indicating whether a proposition is true or valid

Opinion is a view formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Conjecture is an opinion formed on the basis of incomplete information.

As you are often asked - what evidence do you have that Brexit is a positive move for the U.K.?
I only have an opinion that it will be positive.

What evidence do you have that Brexit is a negative move for the U.K?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:46 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:You didn't and as a result I had no opinion either way for your answer as it was just a grey bland comment.

Anyhow to try and clarify what you are saying is you have no problem with Remainers proclaiming their opinion is right and telling other people their opinions are wrong but essentially noones opinion is worth more than anyone else's as only time will tell either way.

Is that a fair summary of your stance on this?
I have no opinion on your grey bland reply nor do I feel obliged to answer your grey bland question.

biggles

Post by biggles » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:50 pm

careful Ringo, they'll have you wishing you'd voted to remain soon, their argument is so strong. i'm honestly wavering now. maybe i'll vote remain if we get another chance. i bet they've persuaded millions of leavers to change their minds with their integrity, reasoned debate and facts.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:03 pm

Lets not get carried away!

We are never going to get through to the likes of Ringo or yourself, but most people in this country still deal in reality. Thats why Brexit support is dropping.

Next week, when its found out that we voted for something that isn't possible in the H of C, then we'll see where the politicians turn next.

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1030 times
Has Liked: 3187 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:12 pm

randomclaret2 wrote:That class of people certainly seem to love stripping off and parading around naked . Its usually something to do with cycling or some form of bizarre living art installation that requires hundreds of them to lie in a heap on the ground. All points to very odd individuals ultimately.
Odd?.. Take a look in the mirror!.....Intimidated by nudity?
That class of people?........is it the fact that she's highly educated? That you assume she's from a certain class?
The people pushing Brexit are the ones from the upper classes.......they have everything to gain and nothing to lose. Think Reece-Mogg etc.
They want to go back to the 'good old days' when the Plebs knew their place & were grateful for a few scraps from their abundant table!
Brexit will be a disaster for the average Joe!

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:12 pm

biggles wrote:careful Ringo, they'll have you wishing you'd voted to remain soon, their argument is so strong. i'm honestly wavering now. maybe i'll vote remain if we get another chance. i bet they've persuaded millions of leavers to change their minds with their integrity, reasoned debate and facts.
I'm torn with remorse, thanks to their convincing and persuasive "evidence based" argument!

aggi
Been Liked: 2117 times

Post by aggi » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:14 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:https://twitter.com/steve_hawkes/status ... 9482261504

Taking back control

Ah, so that's what all the Brexit voters were banging on about when they kept saying how important it was to take control of our borders, the ability to let anything through.

Obviously the next step will be that other countries complain that we are giving the EU most favoured nation status and we'll have the control to wave everything through our borders without checks.

Result.