Brexit: Uniting the Country Since 31/01/2020

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2344 times
Has Liked: 3164 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by Paul Waine » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:35 am

aggi wrote:In the least surprising news ever UK not ready for a no-deal Brexit on October 31st, confidential cabinet note warns

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/u ... -1.3923139" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I like this quote: "The foreign office, according to the note, would need “at least a two-month period” to communicate with more than 1m UK citizens living in other EU countries and to allow them to prepare for the uncertainty around their future status."

What has been going on since June-2016? When I've visited Spain - on holiday - in 2017 and 2018, I saw lots of notices about Brit-expat meetings re what they might need to do around brexit. (I could read those because they were all in English).

And, weren't we originally due to leave 29-March - and the date put back only a short time before that date. Surely, the FCO would have already had their "2 months period" in Jan/Feb this year, if not before that. Or, does the FCO think that everyone will have forgotten previous preparations for brexit and need to do the same all over again?

Any of our "clarets in exile" got any views?

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:38 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:I think I worded that wrong. I think it would better have been worded as many of the chunk just about in the higher rate (not those earning £100k who I don’t particularly worry about) have an income of which 70% goes on taxes and absolute essentials - I think that I implied food and mortgage sits outside the 70% but actually it would have been in it (I was trying to recall a graph I saw some time back but the general point remains the same).

Taxes include things like custom duties so is always a lot higher than we think but it’s important to note that I fully agree with lefties who would say that indirect taxes in particular are regressive taxes and should be applied differently. I also think that Boris should have spelt out a wider range of tax policy that also addresses the lower end and the regressive stuff, and I am hoping he will get onto that. But for me that second and third quintile of the wage earners is pivotal to job creation, enterprise and growth (e.g. a plumber whose self employed tax burden is eased may take on an apprentice and try to grow his business).
That makes more sense but again it doesn't make me think that help is particularly needed. That would give someone on £65k a year (the midpoint between the current £50k and proposed £80k) £20k per annum for non-essential spending which seems a decent amount.

I wouldn't be against tax policies that support job creation. There are already breaks for apprentices for instance and I'd like to see local breaks for investments in disadvantaged areas, job creation, business expansion, etc but I don't really see how lowing income tax achieves that.

In your plumber example for instance I'd expect that if he was earning enough that this was an issue he'd be set up as a limited company and taking a basic rate income and dividends. Most who will be impacted by this are employees under PAYE.

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:42 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:I've read it.

And I don't do long posts in reply but the conclusion I've drawn from your post is that you think the EU is discriminating against the UK in its trade deals and that we can get better ones because we don't have to worry about other countries?

I take your point of view and just say that we'll have the same issues with the UK (assuming it still exists) within the UK.
Hi Lancs, where do you reach the conclusion that I think the EU is discriminating against the UK in its trade deals? That's not what I said, is it.

It's all about the differences in the economies and reaching a deal that works for all of them.

Yes, same in the UK, but there aren't so many differences in the 4 countries, maybe because we've had a single state many more years. Maybe because, to a great extent, we share the same weather. Ditto, mostly, the same language. And, we've only for 2 (I think...) legal systems. And, until recently, a single tax collection system and a single UK government spending system.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:44 am

Paul Waine wrote:I like this quote: "The foreign office, according to the note, would need “at least a two-month period” to communicate with more than 1m UK citizens living in other EU countries and to allow them to prepare for the uncertainty around their future status."

What has been going on since June-2016? When I've visited Spain - on holiday - in 2017 and 2018, I saw lots of notices about Brit-expat meetings re what they might need to do around brexit. (I could read those because they were all in English).

And, weren't we originally due to leave 29-March - and the date put back only a short time before that date. Surely, the FCO would have already had their "2 months period" in Jan/Feb this year, if not before that. Or, does the FCO think that everyone will have forgotten previous preparations for brexit and need to do the same all over again?

Any of our "clarets in exile" got any views?
What makes you think we were ready in March? We weren’t.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:46 am

Paul Waine wrote:Hi Lancs, where do you reach the conclusion that I think the EU is discriminating against the UK in its trade deals? That's not what I said, is it.

It's all about the differences in the economies and reaching a deal that works for all of them.

Yes, same in the UK, but there aren't so many differences in the 4 countries, maybe because we've had a single state many more years. Maybe because, to a great extent, we share the same weather. Ditto, mostly, the same language. And, we've only for 2 (I think...) legal systems. And, until recently, a single tax collection system and a single UK government spending system.
Hard to tell what you are saying to be honest.

You think the UK with about 1/6th of the population will get better trade deals than negotiated whilst inside the EU?

Size is everything in trade.

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:47 am

aggi wrote:That makes more sense but again it doesn't make me think that help is particularly needed. That would give someone on £65k a year (the midpoint between the current £50k and proposed £80k) £20k per annum for non-essential spending which seems a decent amount.

I wouldn't be against tax policies that support job creation. There are already breaks for apprentices for instance and I'd like to see local breaks for investments in disadvantaged areas, job creation, business expansion, etc but I don't really see how lowing income tax achieves that.

In your plumber example for instance I'd expect that if he was earning enough that this was an issue he'd be set up as a limited company and taking a basic rate income and dividends. Most who will be impacted by this are employees under PAYE.
My plumber, London, makes enough money to enjoy skiing holidays every year - and good luck to him.

But, if you do it properly, there's not much difference between receiving income as an employee and setting yourself up with a limited company and taking some of the income as dividends - just a little more flexibility around the timings if you are both employee and employer.

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:51 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Hard to tell what you are saying to be honest.

You think the UK with about 1/6th of the population will get better trade deals than negotiated whilst inside the EU?

Size is everything in trade.
I think that a UK trade deal can be a better fit for the UK with any other country than an EU trade deal with that country.

Similarly, substitute Germany, France, Italy etc for "UK" in the above and it will be the same.

Trade is all about what you do and where you have "comparative advantages" - it's not simply about "how big."

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:52 am

Right, I'm off to the gym - and hoping the showers will be back on when I finish.

Looks like I'll be "working from home" for the rest of the day.

Thanks, water supplier"

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:23 pm

Enjoy the workout Paul.

If what you are saying is true, then why are so many countries not rolling over the EU trade deals they already have with the EU with the UK?

Surely if we are going to get better deals then they wouldn't take that risk and roll them over asap?

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:31 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Enjoy the workout Paul.

If what you are saying is true, then why are so many countries not rolling over the EU trade deals they already have with the EU with the UK?

Surely if we are going to get better deals then they wouldn't take that risk and roll them over asap?
Hi Lancs, I'm back - the gym is closed, because the lack of water means their "fire suppressant system" is also not working, so nobody being allowed in. :(

And, the water is not back on at midday - no new expected time at present, just that "they are working hard...." :( :( :(

On the positive side, I made the effort to go to the gym... My bag may remain packed until the next time. ;)

I think I heard at the w/end that Korea had agreed a roll over trade deal. But, I've not been watching closely and don't have any idea of where we are with replacing the EU deals - except that the EU deal itself awaits leaving the EU (I think I've got that one right).

My guess, is that it takes two to make the deal, and maybe rolling over the existing deal is not the best outcome for either the trading party or the UK. Maybe both parties would like to re-open something from what now exists - and EU rules say we can't do this until we leave.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:34 pm

Paul Waine wrote:Hi Lancs, I'm back - the gym is closed, because the lack of water means their "fire suppressant system" is also not working, so nobody being allowed in. :(

On the positive side, I made the effort to go to the gym...

I think I heard at the w/end that Korea had agreed a roll over trade deal. But, I've not been watching closely and don't have any idea of where we are with replacing the EU deals - except that the EU deal itself awaits leaving the EU (I think I've got that one right).

You heard incorrectly. They have agreed to look at the possibility of rolling it over.

My guess, is that it takes two to make the deal, and maybe rolling over the existing deal is not the best outcome for either the trading party or the UK. Maybe both parties would like to re-open something from what now exists.

So they can both have a much more beneficial deal? Certainly possible, certainly an very optimistic way of looking at it.
Get a Wii fit and a bike Paul, thats what I've got and they do the job, and its saves on gym membership!

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:59 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Get a Wii fit and a bike Paul, thats what I've got and they do the job, and its saves on gym membership!
I've got the bike - and may do a short ride later - though I still have a call to do with work colleagues this afternoon.

Samsung Health - came "free" with my phone. Yes, it doesn't do all the things Wii fit and others do, but it keeps me "honest" with myself.

AndyClaret
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 543 times

Post by AndyClaret » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:47 pm

Labour coup to stop no deal fails !

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:00 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Finally you are veering into something you should know more about!

There is a lot more to the UK-Japan relationship than cars.
Yeah, but thanks to the EU-Japan trade deal it's more viable for Honda to build in Japan and ship to Europe.
Brexit isn't the sole reason for Honda to leave, they're just using it for part of the reason.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:41 pm

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/06/b ... ssion=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Even moderate remainers think the hardcore lot are ridiculous now

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1942 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:42 pm

Damo did you ever find evidence of those drug charges?

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:48 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Yeah, but thanks to the EU-Japan trade deal it's more viable for Honda to build in Japan and ship to Europe.
Brexit isn't the sole reason for Honda to leave, they're just using it for part of the reason.
And how many factories have Honda shut down in their history?

And again, lot more to Japan-UK trade than cars.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:57 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:Damo did you ever find evidence of those drug charges?
The price of paracetamol?
Well, no. I was quite wrong about the actual figures on that one.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:05 pm

Damo wrote:The price of paracetamol?
The price charged by companies to the NHS for stuff like paracetamol should be a national scandal btw.
This user liked this post: Damo

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:31 pm

Damo wrote:The price of paracetamol?
We know. It's why we ask for a source. It's not to be argumentative, it's just because we don't automatically believe everything people say.

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:52 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:And how many factories have Honda shut down in their history?

And again, lot more to Japan-UK trade than cars.
Hi Lancs, wiki lists 3 former Honda plants, Argentina, closed 2016, South Africa, 2001 and New Zealand 1998. Swindon is listed as to be closed in 2021. Reports earlier this year that factory in Turkey will also close - though this isn't recorded on wiki.

Honda's history extends to a little short of 75 years. Honda commenced manufacturing motorised bicycles in 1946. The company grew through motorbikes and then the extensive range of cars.

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:05 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:The price charged by companies to the NHS for stuff like paracetamol should be a national scandal btw.
What's the scandal on paracetamol? Prices are set by Health Minister - check out the Drug Tariff list. Is the Health minister setting these prices too high? Paracetamol is also available over-the-counter at a typical retail price, i.e. cost of drug plus cost of retailing...

Or, are you comparing the prescription charge cost with the cost of the drug?

Is it the cost to the patient that concerns you?

Mala591
Been Liked: 681 times
Has Liked: 428 times

Post by Mala591 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:31 pm

Prediction:

Fast forward to the middle of October with Boris Johnson as PM. There will be two options for MPs to choose between - leave without a deal or leave with May's withdrawal agreement.

A significant number of Labour MPs in leave majority constituencies will then 'extremely reluctantly' vote for the withdrawal agreement and we will leave the EU on 31st October.

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:11 pm

Mala591 wrote:Prediction:

Fast forward to the middle of October with Boris Johnson as PM. There will be two options for MPs to choose between - leave without a deal or leave with May's withdrawal agreement.

A significant number of Labour MPs in leave majority constituencies will then 'extremely reluctantly' vote for the withdrawal agreement and we will leave the EU on 31st October.
I suspect that's not far off.

Other than amongst those who shout loudest there's no real appetite to leave with No Deal and remaining or eternal delays will just start this all off again.

On the other hand, however much the candidates may claim, it's unlikely that a hugely different deal will be arrived at unless we make concessions in some of our red line areas which will be difficult for the ones standing with a hard brexit stance (which is most of them).

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:16 pm

Mala591 wrote:Prediction:

You forgot to add the EU will have the tech in place to avoid a hard border in Ireland.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:17 pm

Paul Waine wrote:What's the scandal on paracetamol? Prices are set by Health Minister - check out the Drug Tariff list. Is the Health minister setting these prices too high? Paracetamol is also available over-the-counter at a typical retail price, i.e. cost of drug plus cost of retailing...

Or, are you comparing the prescription charge cost with the cost of the drug?

Is it the cost to the patient that concerns you?
If you get aspirin or paracetamol from A & E, it costs about £10 because of the associated costs. Thats the kind of thing that I'm on about.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:18 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:You forgot to add the EU will have the tech in place to avoid a hard border in Ireland.
No need, if we leave with Mays deal.

Anyone who thinks that Boris plan is going to be substantially different from Mays deal is perhaps in for a rude surprise.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:23 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:No need, if we leave with Mays deal.

Anyone who thinks that Boris plan is going to be substantially different from Mays deal is perhaps in for a rude surprise.
It is what it is as far as I'm concerned, but Boris did say a no deal is on the table if required if he's PM.
It's interesting reading about the EU looking at tech to avoid a hard border.

claret2018
Been Liked: 801 times
Has Liked: 26 times

Post by claret2018 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:29 pm

I’m just grateful we’ve got so many experts on world trade and international treaties on this forum
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:52 pm

claret2018 wrote:I’m just grateful we’ve got so many experts on world trade and international treaties on this forum
Well some of us know a bit more than others.

Reading stuff is so underrated!

claret2018
Been Liked: 801 times
Has Liked: 26 times

Post by claret2018 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:04 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Well some of us know a bit more than others.

Reading stuff is so underrated!

A little knowledge on a topic is a dangerous thing.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:10 pm

claret2018 wrote:A little knowledge on a topic is a dangerous thing.
You do know that the internet is full of opinions and stuff from people who work in this field and that its readily accessible to everyone?

Everything I put on here is from a source whose experience level is way above average.

Course, I can't do anything about it if it completely blows out the water stuff people have believed based on what politicians say can I?

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:20 am

Chuka Umunna joins the Lib Dems after quitting Change UK

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48631116" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Umunna - "We should remain in the EU. You should be prepared to work from inside an organisation if you want to change it"

Ummuna - "I'm leaving the Labour Party"

Ummuna "I'm Leaving Change UK"

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:27 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:Chuka Umunna joins the Lib Dems after quitting Change UK

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48631116" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Umunna - "We should remain in the EU. You should be prepared to work from inside an organisation if you want to change it"

Ummuna - "I'm leaving the Labour Party"

Ummuna "I'm Leaving Change UK"
He'll be holding a by-election then of course,he's obviously seen which way the winds blowing in Streatham,and it's blowing in the Lib Dems direction,i think he'll hold onto his seat,but not easily,Labour will throw the kitchen sink at this.
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:47 am

tiger76 wrote:He'll be holding a by-election then of course,he's obviously seen which way the winds blowing in Streatham,and it's blowing in the Lib Dems direction,i think he'll hold onto his seat,but not easily,Labour will throw the kitchen sink at this.
Chukka Ummuna - "We know so much more since the referendum, we need to go back to the people and check if they feel different about the decision they made then. We need a People's Vote"

The Constituents of Streatham - "We know so much more since the General Election. We elected a labour MP, but since then we've had a TIG MP, a CUK MP, and know we've got a Lib Dem MP. We want a Peoples By election "

"Vince Cable talks about increasing the minimum wage but you can't trust a word the Lib Dems say. "

Chukka Ummuna September 2013......

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:49 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:If you get aspirin or paracetamol from A & E, it costs about £10 because of the associated costs. Thats the kind of thing that I'm on about.
Hi Lancs, when I've been hospital (NHS) patient I've not been charged for any drugs. Are you saying £10 is charged to the patient? Or are you saying that the hospital (however the NHS stuctures are organised) is charged £X for paractemol and then there is an add-on by way of "associated costs?"

If the latter, I doubt it's true to call this a "paracetomol (pricing) scandal. It sounds more like an NHS charging structure issue...

I've seen this before in other sectors: £250 for example for a £10 hammer, because the supply agreement also includes a whole series of "cost recovery, direct costs, time and materials costs, admin costs, and other costs plus profit" structure...

Cryssys
Been Liked: 141 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Cryssys » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:38 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Chukka Ummuna - "We know so much more since the referendum, we need to go back to the people and check if they feel different about the decision they made then. We need a People's Vote"

The Constituents of Streatham - "We know so much more since the General Election. We elected a labour MP, but since then we've had a TIG MP, a CUK MP, and know we've got a Lib Dem MP. We want a Peoples By election "

"Vince Cable talks about increasing the minimum wage but you can't trust a word the Lib Dems say. "

Chukka Ummuna September 2013......
People can change their mind you know. Or have you forgotten that Boris was a remainer in 2013?

https://eu-rope.ideasoneurope.eu/2018/0 ... t-he-said/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 929 times

Post by CombatClaret » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:52 am

YouGov poll of Concervative party members who will pick the next PM
D9VTE3FXUAArfq2.jpg
D9VTE3FXUAArfq2.jpg (84.09 KiB) Viewed 5513 times
This user liked this post: If it be your will

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:55 am

CombatClaret wrote:YouGov poll of Concervative party members who will pick the next PM
D9VTE3FXUAArfq2.jpg
I reckon a fair bit of that respone is based on the likelihood of it happening. Brexit supporters don't believe it will cause significant damage to the economy or the Conservative party being destroyed; they do believe it might lead to Corbyn being PM.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:25 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:If you get aspirin or paracetamol from A & E, it costs about £10 because of the associated costs. Thats the kind of thing that I'm on about.
The cost would vary patient by patient for a variety of reasons, not least the dose, but the cost would be built up to include the drug, the dispensing infrastructure (stocking the A&E drug cupboard etc), overheads and a few other things.

In your example there would be no extra cost of a pharmacist, the A&E doctor would prescribe the drugs as part of their assessment of the patient, so there is no extra cost of the doctor either.

I would thus expect that on average the cost of dispensing aspirin would be less than £1 per day even if the dose is quite high (e.g. as an anti inflammatory). In most cases the cost would be less than 10p per day.

There’s been some interesting things written in newspapers on this topic in recent years - much of it wrong, and in many cases economic analysis wrongly deflated the cost of expensive drugs and inflates the cost of the cheap ones. It is a cause of much professional frustration to me.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Some very strange patriots in the Conservative Party

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:53 pm

CombatClaret wrote:YouGov poll of Concervative party members who will pick the next PM
D9VTE3FXUAArfq2.jpg
Thank god for Jeremy Corbyn!

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:14 pm

Certainly going to have to change their name and their reputation for fiscal prudence.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:16 pm

Getting some leaks about Boris Johnsons Brexit Plan.

Nothing new, and completely reliant on the EU changing its red lines.

I hope he's got more up his sleeve than that.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:28 pm

The EU are already changing aren't they?

Irish border had to be hard apparently but reports are they're looking at tech to avoid it....

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1344 times
Has Liked: 438 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:33 pm

dsr wrote:I reckon a fair bit of that respone is based on the likelihood of it happening. Brexit supporters don't believe it will cause significant damage to the economy or the Conservative party being destroyed; they do believe it might lead to Corbyn being PM.
I reckon a fair bit of that response is based on the likelihood of a good number of conservative members being so committed to the Brexit cult that they will sacrifice almost anything to make it happen. In short, they are completely off their tits.

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1823 times
Has Liked: 3948 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:38 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:The EU are already changing aren't they?

Irish border had to be hard apparently but reports are they're looking at tech to avoid it....
That's not a change. They've said all long that they won't accept a hard border. If we go for a "no deal" brexit (no customs union) then there will have to be a border of sorts for checking goods etc.
So far, no technology exits to deal with this, but obviously all sides are looking at potential technological solutions in order to avoid the inevitable.

If it be your will
Been Liked: 500 times
Has Liked: 509 times

Post by If it be your will » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:38 pm

Last edited by If it be your will on Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
These 2 users liked this post: nil_desperandum CombatClaret

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:41 pm

If it be your will wrote:This has to be one of the most explosive YouGov polls ever conducted. I would never have imagined the membership were quite this anti-EU. I laughed when I saw it, the thought of Tory members keep repeating Still want to leave, still want to leave, yes - still want to leave, even then - still want to leave. I got the impression there'd only be about a 50/50 split if they were asked "Even if it meant nuclear annihilation?"

It was only the prospect of a Corbyn PM that made some of them pause for thought.
I don't think the overall Conservative membership care how it makes them look (but lets be honest here, its not just a problem with the Conservative membership)

If it be your will
Been Liked: 500 times
Has Liked: 509 times

Post by If it be your will » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:41 pm

Last edited by If it be your will on Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:30 am, edited 2 times in total.