ARTICLE: Away fans price cap to remain for next three years

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32543 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

ARTICLE: Away fans price cap to remain for next three years

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:00 am

Added an article on site re: yesterday's news on the £30 cap remaining for away tickets in Premier League

See link
http://www.uptheclarets.com/away-fans-p ... hree-years" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This user liked this post: Paul Waine

moaninclaret
Been Liked: 170 times
Has Liked: 277 times

Re: ARTICLE: Away fans price cap to remain for next three years

Post by moaninclaret » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:36 pm

Great news, I enjoy travelling to away games, this keeps the cost of a ticket and coach travel to around £55,depending on how far we travel, can easy spend that on a meal and a few beers on a night out, well done to all concerned, if we survive in the PL that is.

MorningWood
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by MorningWood » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:40 pm

It's good news, but you do get the feeling that there is certainly scope to bring it down to £20-25 instead.

Still shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth and all that.

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2351 times
Has Liked: 3181 times

Post by Paul Waine » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:07 pm

MorningWood wrote:It's good news, but you do get the feeling that there is certainly scope to bring it down to £20-25 instead.

You just need to keep going when you get to 65 and over - unless they adjust the senior concession to when you get the state pension.

UTC

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32543 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:12 am

MorningWood wrote:It's good news, but you do get the feeling that there is certainly scope to bring it down to £20-25 instead.

Couldn’t agree more but the Premier League were never going to accept the £20 max that the FSF wanted. But the pressure of the Twenty’s Plenty campaign at least got this deal. It’s brought down ticket prices massively at the bigger clubs and even we were charging more than £30 for away fans in 2014/15 prior to this being brought in.

We really do need to push though for cheaper tickets at some of the clubs for kids and young adults.

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2379 times
Has Liked: 3807 times

Post by JohnMac » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:55 am

Paul Waine wrote:You just need to keep going when you get to 65 and over - unless they adjust the senior concession to when you get the state pension.

UTC

Shhhhhhhhh I'm the first tranche to have to wait an extra year for my State pension. I have been expecting our club to cotton on and raise the age.

So far we have lost out on such niceties as bus passes (I believe it's still 60 in London) and winter fuel allowance :(

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2351 times
Has Liked: 3181 times

Post by Paul Waine » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:12 am

JohnMac wrote:Shhhhhhhhh I'm the first tranche to have to wait an extra year for my State pension. I have been expecting our club to cotton on and raise the age.

So far we have lost out on such niceties as bus passes (I believe it's still 60 in London) and winter fuel allowance :(
Hi John, I'll keep it quiet. My wife and my sister have seen their pensions move from 60 to somewhere past 65. I'm just about on the other side of that line. And, yes, a "boris card" at 60 gets you free bus/tube and London overground travel plus after 9:30 am weekdays free national rail services travel within London.

On the other hand we are all living longer - statistically - so, more time to watch the Clarets in the Premier League can't be all that bad.

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2379 times
Has Liked: 3807 times

Post by JohnMac » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:25 am

We certainly are living and working longer. I decided enough was enough at 61 and retired early. It was always our long term goal to retire together until everything changed.

My wife is 60 on 1st March and once she get her pension in 2026 we can go off backpacking around Asia to celebrate, I'll only be 71 :lol:

MorningWood
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by MorningWood » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:29 am

ClaretTony wrote:Couldn’t agree more but the Premier League were never going to accept the £20 max that the FSF wanted. But the pressure of the Twenty’s Plenty campaign at least got this deal. It’s brought down ticket prices massively at the bigger clubs and even we were charging more than £30 for away fans in 2014/15 prior to this being brought in.

We really do need to push though for cheaper tickets at some of the clubs for kids and young adults.
Absolutely, it is a worry of where the next generation of fans will come from, especially with so many clubs as competition in our area.

Then again I don't think it's on a local level that the initiative should be developed, it needs to be driven from the PL.

I guess the fans will have to keep fighting the good fight and applying more pressure on the authorities to further review ticket price strategy.
This user liked this post: ClaretTony

gc14
Been Liked: 86 times
Has Liked: 67 times

Post by gc14 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:36 am

A 'barsteward' friend of mine tells me Sheffield Wednesday are charging £ 42 for away fans at their fixture next month !!!!

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6390 times
Has Liked: 8740 times

Post by IanMcL » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:31 pm

Paul Waine wrote:You just need to keep going when you get to 65 and over - unless they adjust the senior concession to when you get the state pension.

UTC
Paul and also JohnMac
I was 65 in June last year. My bus pass had been delayed, owing to Osborneb'tard so my 'OK to be 60' took an immediate downturn! I have since got that and every now and then, it comes in very handy.

I got my pension on time and it was the new version, so I get more than my sister and brother in law, who are both older.

The big bonus was the reduced price for my season ticket and every now and then, other things, where pensioners get a cheap deal.

I don't like being into the next market research age category, however, it does have its advantages!