I don't accept suffering because...

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

I don't accept suffering because...

Post by Pstotto » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:44 pm

I don't accept even one slightest bit of suffering because of... the Periodic Table.

Water doesn't have to suffer, as far as we know and nor does gold or carbon fibre. What we know of reality so far, is that it is made up of these things and to be physical on Earth one has to be solid, fluid and a gas.

Water evaporates, boils, freezes etc.

I refuse to build any ideology, belief, philosophy, outlook on life or anything else on this subject, 100% nor do I think I should have to alter anything about my life accordingly.

Nevertheless, I want to make this point.

COBBLE
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 466 times

Re: I don't accept suffering because...

Post by COBBLE » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:55 am

Do you not see value and benefit for you as a collection of elements in accepting certain social norms, compromises and relationships. (Exactly what and how much is a never ending debate).

Buxtonclaret
Been Liked: 3747 times
Has Liked: 7519 times

Post by Buxtonclaret » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:04 am

https://youtu.be/sA2fW2IS6gk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
These 2 users liked this post: COBBLE Pstotto

LeadBelly
Been Liked: 998 times
Has Liked: 2044 times

Post by LeadBelly » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:09 pm

Most of the elements in the periodic table got made via very violent activity in the middle of a collapsing star - don't expect any sympathy from them.

Suffering is a part of being sentient though, unavoidable. Having "beliefs" also seems to be part of the deal (though the actual beliefs vary hugely).

As per the wonderful Joni...
We are stardust
Billion year old carbon
We are golden
Caught in the devil's bargain

JTClaret
Been Liked: 181 times
Has Liked: 119 times

Post by JTClaret » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:09 pm

So what are you then? You can be frozen, boiled, burnt and broken... does that make you a solid or a liquid.

Or should you accept that life isn't on the periodic table? :P

deanothedino
Been Liked: 695 times
Has Liked: 293 times

Post by deanothedino » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:01 pm

Pstotto wrote:I don't accept even one slightest bit of suffering because of... the Periodic Table.

Water doesn't have to suffer, as far as we know and nor does gold or carbon fibre. What we know of reality so far, is that it is made up of these things and to be physical on Earth one has to be solid, fluid and a gas.

I refuse to build any ideology, belief, philosophy, outlook on life or anything else on this subject, 100% nor do I think I should have to alter anything about my life accordingly.

Nevertheless, I want to make this point.
Carbon fibre isn't in the periodic table, as it is a composite material.

Get off the drugs.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5000 times
Has Liked: 6715 times

Post by bfcjg » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:04 pm

Trying telling women the periodic is nothing to moan about.
This user liked this post: houseboy

Spike
Been Liked: 594 times
Has Liked: 1225 times

Post by Spike » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:28 pm

[quote="Pstotto"]I don't accept even one slightest bit of suffering because of... the Periodic Table.

Nevertheless, I want to make this point.[/quote
you should go on Pointless!

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:59 pm

Maybe life is not on the Periodic Table, who knows... We are composites but I don't think carbon fibre suffers. Anyway 'they' don't know what gravity is or dark matter and we are pulled by gravitational forces as essential bags of water. In fact I think only about 45% of life in the human body is actually human, the rest is a collection of microbes.

I'm having a bit of a battle with these microbes as to who is what it's about, but I think I'm winning, just. One does negotiate whatever the human condition is, but I wanted to say I'm not the suffering entity, I SUFFER the witnessing of it and I'm sure that's the case for everyone else. It's a rejection of any attendant psychology.

BleedingClaret
Been Liked: 985 times
Has Liked: 1656 times

Post by BleedingClaret » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:12 pm

Thought it was just me

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:30 pm

https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... 8XvLq57m4M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;:

The Jews rebuke the Hindus and the Buddhists for their sanctimonious prig ideology of purity and their 'up their own ass' renunciation of air, water, **** and food etc. Meanwhile the rest aren't bothered...

Vino blanco
Been Liked: 1898 times
Has Liked: 1965 times

Post by Vino blanco » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:39 pm

Does anybody....fancy a pint?
This user liked this post: Pstotto

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:24 pm

My thoughts exactly, Vino... Except I'm ill otherwise I'd go down the pub and have a few drinks with you at the bar.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:56 pm

Pstotto wrote:My thoughts exactly, Vino... Except I'm ill otherwise I'd go down the pub and have a few drinks with you at the bar.

ill with what if it’s not to personal a question.

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:01 pm

24/7 psychic attack, mania bipolarity, also I've been physically ill for months + plus massive life stress on every front. Apart from that, alright... :D

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:23 pm

Pstotto wrote:Maybe life is not on the Periodic Table, who knows... We are composites but I don't think carbon fibre suffers. Anyway 'they' don't know what gravity is or dark matter and we are pulled by gravitational forces as essential bags of water. In fact I think only about 45% of life in the human body is actually human, the rest is a collection of microbes.

I'm having a bit of a battle with these microbes as to who is what it's about, but I think I'm winning, just. One does negotiate whatever the human condition is, but I wanted to say I'm not the suffering entity, I SUFFER the witnessing of it and I'm sure that's the case for everyone else. It's a rejection of any attendant psychology.
The simple fact is 99.9%+ of you isn't there anyway. Matter is actually overwhelmingly 'empty' space and the only thing that makes anything feel 'solid' is the kinetic energy that fills the space between particals. Apparently if you took away all the empty space in human beings the entire human race would fit into a space the size of a sugar cube.

I have loved quantum physics for years but it is weirder than any science fiction and makes your head hurt.

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:01 pm

I'm feeling a bit more expansive now... I presume the sugar cube you're talking about is the one full of empty space too.

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:41 pm

Pstotto wrote:24/7 psychic attack, mania bipolarity, also I've been physically ill for months + plus massive life stress on every front. Apart from that, alright... :D
Glad it’s nothing serious then ;)

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 700 times

Post by mdd2 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:19 am

Personally not got beyond earth air fire and water and we would be stuffed without 3 of those 4 and all 4 if we accept sun as the fire.

Joe14
Been Liked: 249 times
Has Liked: 49 times

Post by Joe14 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:44 am

....and this thread children shows why it’s bad to take drugs!

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:33 pm

Pstotto wrote:I'm feeling a bit more expansive now... I presume the sugar cube you're talking about is the one full of empty space too.
Mmm.....don't know about that but I think it would mean the cube would be an actual solid mass, given you have taken all the empty space out of said human race to fit in it. Having said that I don't think you could remove the space from anyones mass because the kinetic energy that makes it 'solid' also holds it together. ;)
This user liked this post: Pstotto

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:34 pm

Joe14 wrote:....and this thread children shows why it’s bad to take drugs!
Hi kids.....drugs are good for you.....just look at me. :shock:

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:20 pm

This is not a drugs thread. No drugs have been consumed by the OP in the making of this thread.

Houseboy, have any of these quantum physics ideas that you speak of ever been observed or proven? I've heard it said that when the Graphene Age gets going they'll be able to put a lorry in the space of a rucksack.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:56 pm

Pstotto wrote:This is not a drugs thread. No drugs have been consumed by the OP in the making of this thread.

Houseboy, have any of these quantum physics ideas that you speak of ever been observed or proven? I've heard it said that when the Graphene Age gets going they'll be able to put a lorry in the space of a rucksack.
I doubt the sugar cube bit has but men (and women) much cleverer than I apparently have witnessed the 'empty space' bit. It has long been a known fact that atoms are made up of 99.99999% nothing with just a few sub atomic particles surrounding it. To use a football analogy if the nucleus of an atom was the size of a football stadium (I don't know which stadium but probably not Accrington Stanley) the quarks and leptons and gluons surrounding it would be about the size of a peanut.

All very interesting but now I must go and have a lie down.

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1077 times
Has Liked: 4239 times

Post by Greenmile » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:06 pm

Pstotto wrote:Maybe life is not on the Periodic Table, who knows... We are composites but I don't think carbon fibre suffers. Anyway 'they' don't know what gravity is or dark matter and we are pulled by gravitational forces as essential bags of water. In fact I think only about 45% of life in the human body is actually human, the rest is a collection of microbes.

Don’t fight the microbes - most of them will be hugely beneficial to your health.

https://www.omicsonline.org/open-access ... ?aid=88460" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:47 pm

Ooooh Danone...

BillyIngham'sShorts
Been Liked: 38 times

Post by BillyIngham'sShorts » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:05 am

We have had to suffer supporting the clarets through the elements....I just kick my cat, schrodinger, when they lose, if I can find it.