O/T I want to come home

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
# 851
Burnley Ace
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:03 pm
Been Liked: 249 times
Has Liked: 1236 times

Re: O/T I want to come home

Postby Burnley Ace » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:30 pm

The Pew Research Centre is a quasi religious think tank based in America!

# 852
Imploding Turtle
Posts: 20327
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:12 am
Been Liked: 5479 times
Has Liked: 2540 times
Location: Burnley, Lancs

Re: O/T I want to come home

Postby Imploding Turtle » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:36 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:The Pew Research Centre is a quasi religious think tank based in America!



What's your beef with them?

# 853
dsr
Posts: 8829
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:47 pm
Been Liked: 2647 times
Has Liked: 1137 times

Re: O/T I want to come home

Postby dsr » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:46 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I'd have thought the idea that someone would see numbers as biased would be enough to identify something as less than serious.

You have a lot of ideas that would seem to be less than serious. They can't all be jokes?

# 854
Rileybobs
Posts: 6193
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:37 pm
Been Liked: 2677 times
Has Liked: 610 times
Location: Leeds

Re: O/T I want to come home

Postby Rileybobs » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:00 pm

Blackrod wrote:Numbers in Britain ? The Pew Research Cente ‘ The Muslim population of Britain is set to triple in 30 years’ using Median migration levels this will be 4.1 million in 2016 and grow to 30 million in 2050. So nearly half the UK population as we know it now will be Muslim by 2050.

Positions of power(Govt): The Home Secretary is one if the highest political positions you can hold and thus is currently a Muslim by origin.

Positions of power(Police): assistant Met Police Comissioner 1974 to 2007 Tarique Ghaffur Born I n Uganda and Muslim.

Positions of power (local govt ): I invite you to look at the list of Pendle Councillors.


Absolutely hilarious. How can you expect to be taken seriously when you think that 4.1m x 3 = 30m?

Even more hilarious is that you've not accounted for the UK's non-muslim population growing in the same timescale. It really shows how out of touch and naive you people are.

# 855
Imploding Turtle
Posts: 20327
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:12 am
Been Liked: 5479 times
Has Liked: 2540 times
Location: Burnley, Lancs

Re: O/T I want to come home

Postby Imploding Turtle » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:01 pm

Rileybobs wrote:Absolutely hilarious. How can you expect to be taken seriously when you think that 4.1m x 3 = 30m?

Even more hilarious is that you've not accounted for the UK's non-muslim population growing in the same timescale. It really shows how out of touch and naive you people are.



Pew Research accounted for it and they said the Muslim population will reach about 16.x% from the 6.x% it is now. Or as Blackrod calls it "nearly half".
This user liked this post: Rileybobs

# 856
Burnley Ace
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:03 pm
Been Liked: 249 times
Has Liked: 1236 times

Re: O/T I want to come home

Postby Burnley Ace » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:06 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:What's your beef with them?

I would have concerns about any report about Muslims published by an American Religious Charity.

# 857
Imploding Turtle
Posts: 20327
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:12 am
Been Liked: 5479 times
Has Liked: 2540 times
Location: Burnley, Lancs

Re: O/T I want to come home

Postby Imploding Turtle » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:21 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:I would have concerns about any report about Muslims published by an American Religious Charity.



They're not a religious charity though. Is it possible you're just making an assumption that they are because they did some research on Muslim populations in Europe? https://www.pewforum.org/2017/11/29/eur ... opulation/

Whatever the reason, you're wrong. Pew Research Center is one of the most respected think tanks there are, and for good reason.
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/pew-research/

# 858
Burnley Ace
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:03 pm
Been Liked: 249 times
Has Liked: 1236 times

Re: O/T I want to come home

Postby Burnley Ace » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:38 pm

I’m presuming they are a religious charity because the Pew family are traditional conservative Christians who made their money in oil, have donated a considerable amount to climate change deniers and wonder who paid for a report looking at the explosive growth of Muslims in Britain. I’m sure they do some other work as well.

John Templeton also has some unique ideas.

# 859
Greenmile
Posts: 2245
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:50 pm
Been Liked: 685 times
Has Liked: 2282 times

Re: O/T I want to come home

Postby Greenmile » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:56 pm

Funkydrummer wrote:Come on TP, I know what you're inviting with that comment, but you and I are
not that naive.


Funkydrummer wrote:You're not that naive either.


Why don't you say what you mean, instead of dancing around it like this?

Unless and until you clarify, you seem to be saying either that all terrorists are Muslim, or all Muslims are terrorists - both of which are awful opinions (in terms of them being clearly untrue, and what they say about you if you hold them).

As such, it's probably in your best interests to explain your point a bit more clearly.

# 860
Imploding Turtle
Posts: 20327
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:12 am
Been Liked: 5479 times
Has Liked: 2540 times
Location: Burnley, Lancs

Re: O/T I want to come home

Postby Imploding Turtle » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:34 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:I’m presuming they are a religious charity because the Pew family are traditional conservative Christians who made their money in oil, have donated a considerable amount to climate change deniers and wonder who paid for a report looking at the explosive growth of Muslims in Britain. I’m sure they do some other work as well.

John Templeton also has some unique ideas.



You're not thinking very critically. It doesn't really matter who paid the Pew Research Center for the study because Pew Research has a history of excellent work.

The study you seem to be objecting to (based on your tone and decision to focus on things other than the study) is part of the Global Religious Futures project which has the states aim being to "explore the rapidly changing religious profile of the world through 2050". It wasn't just about finding out how many Muslims there would be in Britain, it was part of trying to forecast it for Europe, which itself was a part of a project that trying to forecast the near future for all the worlds major religions. There isn't anything malicious about the study, what is malicious is how the study results has been used so if you want to object to anything then i suggest you direct your ire at the right targets because Pew Research Center is one of the good guys doing good, accurate research despite being funded by people you don't like, and who i probably wouldn't like so much either.

# 861
GodIsADeeJay81
Posts: 3539
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:55 am
Been Liked: 668 times
Has Liked: 1479 times

Re: O/T I want to come home

Postby GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:50 pm

Hopefully the forecast is about the demise of the world's major religions, they're just trouble makers.

# 862
Burnley Ace
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:03 pm
Been Liked: 249 times
Has Liked: 1236 times

Re: O/T I want to come home

Postby Burnley Ace » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:52 pm

It’s not that I don’t like them more, on the face of it, I’m slightly suspicious of their motives. I always like to know who pays for the research!

# 863
bfcjg
Posts: 5041
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:17 pm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 1872 times

Re: O/T I want to come home

Postby bfcjg » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:58 am

So the infidel west isn't that bad, nice prison, rule of law, NHS freedom to wander around to visit family and friends.
It's almost worth strapping on a suicide vest or picking up a Kalashnikov to defend.
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/shamima-begum ... 25278.html

# 864
Imploding Turtle
Posts: 20327
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:12 am
Been Liked: 5479 times
Has Liked: 2540 times
Location: Burnley, Lancs

Re: O/T I want to come home

Postby Imploding Turtle » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:14 am

Oh good. It's this shameful thread again.

# 865
Blackrod
Posts: 4407
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:41 pm
Been Liked: 1072 times
Has Liked: 309 times

Re: O/T I want to come home

Postby Blackrod » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:41 am

Playing the mental health card is a new tactic and low when people suffer through no fault of their own. She made her choice. I am sure human rights lawyers will be kicking their lips with this one though. Death didn’t bother her but it does know. Maybe she wanted to play at beheading to see if she liked it or not. In all reality she couldn’t live a normal life in this country and would need a new identity paid for by us.
This user liked this post: frankinwales


Return to “The Bee Hole End”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AndrewJB, beddie, Lancasterclaret, Lord Beamish, Loyalclaret, martin_p, Rileybobs, superdimitri, Tall Paul, timshorts, TVC15 and 114 guests