Measles Outbreaks

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Measles Outbreaks

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:58 am

What percentage of blame shall we assign to the anti-vaxxers of the world who think that vaccines cause autism? Every few days i'm reading about a new outbreak killing people, today i'm reading about how an outbreak in the Philippines has killed 136 people so far.

And in this country what punishment should there be for parents who refuse to vaccinate their kids?

DustyBawls
Been Liked: 156 times
Has Liked: 131 times

Re: Measles Outbreaks

Post by DustyBawls » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:04 am

Click here to lose 12 pounds in a week.
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:06 pm

Why punish them?
There's bound to be some sort of reason why it can't be made compulsory, so there isn't much that can be done tbh.
They'll just need to deal with it when their kid gets the measles.

If anyone needs punishing it's that doctor who published the original paper that stated kids can get Autism from the MMR jab, I believe hes got off relatively Scott free.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:09 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Why punish them?
There's bound to be some sort of reason why it can't be made compulsory, so there isn't much that can be done tbh.
They'll just need to deal with it when their kid gets the measles.

If anyone needs punishing it's that doctor who published the original paper that stated kids can get Autism from the MMR jab, I believe hes got off relatively Scott free.
Andrew Wakefield. Yes. That **** is responsible for a lot of deaths and basically got away with it.
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

DustyBawls

Post by DustyBawls » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:11 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Andrew Wakefield. Yes. That **** is responsible for a lot of deaths and basically got away with it.
He claimed there was a link between autism and vaccines, created fraudulent data for his study and lost his medical license in 2010.

Lord Beamish
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:13 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:What percentage of blame shall we assign to the anti-vaxxers of the world who think that vaccines cause autism? Every few days i'm reading about a new outbreak killing people, today i'm reading about how an outbreak in the Philippines has killed 136 people so far.

And in this country what punishment should there be for parents who refuse to vaccinate their kids?
You really think there should be punishments for Parents who don’t Vaccinate their Kids?
Wow!
Or am I missing a Meta Joke, here?

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:13 pm

Yup, but idiots around the world still believe his report :roll:
This user liked this post: Spike

DustyBawls

Post by DustyBawls » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:19 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:You really think there should be punishments for Parents who don’t Vaccinate their Kids?
Wow!
He doesn't quite understand that it's best for some people not to be vaccinated. It can actually cause immune problems with some people and that can end up being worse. It's not one rule fits all. This is why you should see your GP beforehand.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:24 pm

DustyBawls wrote:He claimed there was a link between autism and vaccines, created fraudulent data for his study and lost his medical license in 2010.
He also had a financial interest in a competing vaccine to the one he "studied" that he failed to disclose.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:27 pm

DustyBawls wrote:He doesn't quite understand that it's best for some people not to be vaccinated. It can actually cause immune problems with some people and that can end up being worse. It's not one rule fits all. This is why you should see your GP beforehand.
I'm well aware that some people can't be vaccinated. I'm specifically talking about parents who choose not to vaccinate. The way you know i'm talking about parents who choose not to vaccinate and not parents who don't vaccinate is by reading what i posted and interpreting it accurately.

"And in this country what punishment should there be for parents who refuse to vaccinate their kids?"

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:28 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:You really think there should be punishments for Parents who don’t Vaccinate their Kids?
Wow!

Yes. I'm serious. Parents who refuse to vaccinate their kids are putting the health of kids who can't be vaccinated at risk.
This user liked this post: ZizkovClaret

Lord Beamish

Post by Lord Beamish » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:29 pm

DustyBawls wrote:He doesn't quite understand that it's best for some people not to be vaccinated. It can actually cause immune problems with some people and that can end up being worse. It's not one rule fits all. This is why you should see your GP beforehand.
Don’t get me wrong; I think that anti-vaxxers are somewhat crazy and ill-informed, but I don’t think that forcing them, by Law, is really the right thing to do; no matter how good the intentions are. The Road to Perdition is paved with ‘em.

Lord Beamish

Post by Lord Beamish » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:30 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Yes. I'm serious. Parents who refuse to vaccinate their kids are putting the health of kids who can't be vaccinated at risk.
Well you and I part ways in this matter, certainly.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18095 times

Post by Bosscat » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:31 pm

Had Measles as a kid...
Had German Measles as a kid...
Had Mumps as a kid...

Chickem Pox etc etc etc

All thanks to our mums who when it was in the school we were sent round to play with the kids who had them...

No vaccinations in the early 60's etc it went round our village school like wild fire all of us made to catch them so we had it as kids not later in life (especially Mumps as that can prove rather nasty in adult men .... say no more).....

DustyBawls

Post by DustyBawls » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:34 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I'm well aware that some people can't be vaccinated. I'm specifically talking about parents who choose not to vaccinate. The way you know i'm talking about parents who choose not to vaccinate and not parents who don't vaccinate is by reading what i posted and interpreting it accurately.

"And in this country what punishment should there be for parents who refuse to vaccinate their kids?"
Here we go again. You're wrong so you come out with me not reading what you posted correctly. I did read it correctly - you don't understand it properly, and you've just realised you don't understand it, so this the only way you can 'get out of it'.

And stop resorting to punishment. There is no punishment. A parent does what they feel is best for their kids.

I'd love to hear your view on antibiotics.
This user liked this post: Damo

Lord Beamish

Post by Lord Beamish » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:35 pm

DustyBawls wrote:

And stop resorting to punishment. There is no punishment. A parent does what they feel is best for their kids.
This.

grapidianclaret
Been Liked: 317 times
Has Liked: 225 times

Post by grapidianclaret » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:39 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:Don’t get me wrong; I think that anti-vaxxers are somewhat crazy and ill-informed, but I don’t think that forcing them, by Law, is really the right thing to do; no matter how good the intentions are. The Road to Perdition is paved with ‘em.
Schools , churches etc should not accept kids who's parents have opted out of vaccinations. It puts all the other children at risk.
The parents should be forced to home school or pay for private vax free schools and /or churches. Living in a democracy is tough, and expensive!
These 2 users liked this post: Damo Falcon

DustyBawls

Post by DustyBawls » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:40 pm

grapidianclaret wrote:Schools , churches etc should not accept kids who's parents have opted out of vaccinations. It puts all the other children at risk.
The parents should be forced to home school or pay for private vax free schools and /or churches. Living in a democracy is tough, and expensive!
You won't get any bites on that cherry.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:42 pm

DustyBawls wrote:Here we go again. You're wrong so you come out with me not reading what you posted correctly. I did read it correctly - you don't understand it properly, and you've just realised you don't understand it, so this the only way you can 'get out of it'.

I'd love to hear your view on antibiotics.

Are you aware i'm not talking about prison time? I'm just talking about things such as banning optionally unvaccinated children from attending state schools?

If children are mandated to be at school by law then it's unfair to the vaccinated children, and their parents, and also unfair to immunocompromised kids who can't be vaccinated, to allow unvaccinated kids to also attend. We're talking about kids who are already forced to be in school by law being forced by law to be put at risk by ignorant parents of other children.

Why is THAT ok?

If the parents of an immunocompromised kid stopped their kids going to school for fear of their safety then they'd be punished. And yet we consider that to be OK. So why not just ban optionally-unvaccinated kids from state schools?

grapidianclaret

Post by grapidianclaret » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:44 pm

Last year, some parents visited Disney with their un-vaccinated kids, who just happened to have measles.The result was several measles outbreaks around the USA .
Smoking is a conscious choice, but it is now not allowed inside public buildings,or areas for the sake of the non smokers. Herd immunity is threatened by anti vaxers and their kids, they should not be allowed in schools, or disney for that matter. All the money they save on not being allowed in disney, they can spend on vax free schools. Win win

grapidianclaret

Post by grapidianclaret » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:45 pm

DustyBawls wrote:You won't get any bites on that cherry.
Not a cherry, common sense.
Its already starting to happen over here.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:49 pm

I wonder if turtle just browes the internet for random stories to rage about on here?

Outbreaks happen regularly around the world and this is the first time I've seen it really discussed on here.

I think there's a certain area in Holland that gets outbreaks annually because of parents not vaccinating their kids.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:50 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:I wonder if turtle just browes the internet for random stories to rage about on here?

Outbreaks happen regularly around the world and this is the first time I've seen it really discussed on here.

I think there's a certain area in Holland that gets outbreaks annually because of parents not vaccinating their kids.
I think the reason i posted about it this time is adequately explained in the OP. Maybe you should re-read it.

Also, have you heard of news aggregaters?

DustyBawls

Post by DustyBawls » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:53 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Are you aware i'm not talking about prison time? I'm just talking about things such as banning optionally unvaccinated children from attending state schools?

If children are mandated to be at school by law then it's unfair to the vaccinated children, and their parents, and also unfair to immunocompromised kids who can't be vaccinated, to allow unvaccinated kids to also attend. We're talking about kids who are already forced to be in school by law being forced by law to be put at risk by ignorant parents of other children.

Why is THAT ok?

If the parents of an immunocompromised kid stopped their kids going to school for fear of their safety then they'd be punished. And yet we consider that to be OK. So why not just ban optionally-unvaccinated kids from state schools?
Ok, so I can tell you're now learning a bit. You now acknowledge some people are on immunosuppressant drugs (they take medication to lower their white blood cells as there's too many, causing inflammation), so we're getting somewhere. What doesn't add up, is you bang on about people (especially women) being treated equally. Yet you're now suggesting people who have unfortunate illnesses now need to go elsewhere and not be able to attend school and mix with their friends.

I'm glad you're not prime minister. We'd be knackered.
Last edited by DustyBawls on Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grapidianclaret

Post by grapidianclaret » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:55 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:I wonder if turtle just browes the internet for random stories to rage about on here?

Any parent should be concerned about this. The world health organization labelled North America measles free. It was. It isn't any more because of that Tw*t of a doctor and parents who make bad choices.
If somebodies kids had ebola, would you be OK with those kids being in the same classroom as yours?

Spike
Been Liked: 594 times
Has Liked: 1225 times

Post by Spike » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:04 pm

I always make sure my jabs are up to date when I visit Evilwood!

DustyBawls

Post by DustyBawls » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:07 pm

grapidianclaret wrote:Any parent should be concerned about this. The world health organization labelled North America measles free. It was. It isn't any more because of that Tw*t of a doctor and parents who make bad choices.
If somebodies kids had ebola, would you be OK with those kids being in the same classroom as yours?
Where do you live... Liberia?
This user liked this post: Lord Beamish

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:54 pm

DustyBawls wrote:Ok, so I can tell you're now learning a bit.
I've learned nothing from you that I didn't already know.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:57 pm

DustyBawls wrote:Ok, so I can tell you're now learning a bit. You now acknowledge some people are on immunosuppressant drugs (they take medication to lower their white blood cells as there's too many, causing inflammation), so we're getting somewhere. What doesn't add up, is you bang on about people (especially women) being treated equally. Yet you're now suggesting people who have unfortunate illnesses now need to go elsewhere and not be able to attend school and mix with their friends.

I'm glad you're not prime minister. We'd be knackered.

Have you been paying attention or are you just, you know...

I'm not talking about punishing anyone who can't get vaccinated. I'm talking about punishing parents who choose not to vaccinate their kids.

Do i need to explain the meaning of the word "choose" to you?

Let's try an exercise to see if you are even capable or understanding. Answer me this question:
Are parents of children who are unable to be vaccinated, CHOOSING or REFUSING to vaccinate their child?

I'll give you a clue. The answer is either "yes" or "no".

Good luck.

DustyBawls

Post by DustyBawls » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:57 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I've learned nothing from you that I didn't already know.
After 342 pages of Googling, that's all you come back with.

I expected better. You've learned a bit more about medicine that you had no clue about before. Keep following my posts and you can skip school tomorrow. You know it makes sense.

DustyBawls

Post by DustyBawls » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:00 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Have you been paying attention or are you just, you know...

I'm not talking about punishing anyone who can't get vaccinated. I'm talking about punishing parents who choose not to vaccinate their kids.

Do i need to explain the meaning of the word "choose" to you?

Let's try an exercise to see if you are even capable or understanding. Answer me this question:
Are parents of children who are unable to be vaccinated, CHOOSING or REFUSING to vaccinate their child?

I'll give you a clue. The answer is either "yes" or "no".

Good luck.
You people grind my gears. Get back to school. I'll educate you, but I charge £50 an hour.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:07 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I think the reason i posted about it this time is adequately explained in the OP. Maybe you should re-read it.

Also, have you heard of news aggregaters?
Read stories about it every few days, but only now are you jumping on it.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:14 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Read stories about it every few days, but only now are you jumping on it.

Yes, because in the past i WASN'T reading about a new outbreak every few days. Which means either they're getting reported more, or there are more outbreaks.

I feel like you could have figured this out yourself from what I posted, if you'd wanted to.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:52 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Yes, because in the past i WASN'T reading about a new outbreak every few days. Which means either they're getting reported more, or there are more outbreaks.

I feel like you could have figured this out yourself from what I posted, if you'd wanted to.
Ok drama queen, whatever you want to say, but it's been common enough for a while.

Carry on stamping your feet about it, clearly it makes you happy.

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 700 times

Post by mdd2 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:04 pm

Better still IT what punishment should we be giving to the adults who are now going down with measles because their parents refused to have them vaccinated as children.
Personally- no punishment to parents or anyone who refuses vaccinations. People have the right to take or not take medication more particularly preventive measures where the benefits of taking the preventive intervention for the individual are relatively small.
I think in the past smallpox vaccination was compulsory but with the age of informed consent parents and individuals have the right to decline.
We have laws to enforce treatments on minors if parents refuse and opinion is that the risks of not intervening could be serious for the child.
I think my beef about vaccines is the denial to offer papilloma vaccines to boys in the UK
Last edited by mdd2 on Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2439 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:25 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I'm well aware that some people can't be vaccinated. I'm specifically talking about parents who choose not to vaccinate. The way you know i'm talking about parents who choose not to vaccinate and not parents who don't vaccinate is by reading what i posted and interpreting it accurately.

As government step into everything health related they would make it compulsory if it was all black and white. Too much grey so they are keeping out.
No right thinking parent is going to harm their child. Misinformed or under informed but not a punishable offence.

DustyBawls

Post by DustyBawls » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:29 pm

IT is incorrectly saying how parents should behave - and he has no kids.

keith1879
Been Liked: 262 times
Has Liked: 363 times

Post by keith1879 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:30 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:What percentage of blame shall we assign to the anti-vaxxers of the world who think that vaccines cause autism? Every few days i'm reading about a new outbreak killing people, today i'm reading about how an outbreak in the Philippines has killed 136 people so far.

It's difficult to see how you can punish them ....but then again this is a case where individual actions may be undermining the good of us all by destroying the herd immunity. I have a different beef with Andrew Wakefield - I have a son who is deeply autistic and it upsets me to think of the millions of pounds wasted on disproving his pathetic theory which could have been better spent on investigating ways of alleviating the effects of autism.

The people who should be punished are those who trumpeted his theory in the press and helped to reduce the MMR take-up. Melanie Philips is one for whom I have the deepest contempt after her contributions.
These 3 users liked this post: Anonymous ColonelCool Rick_Muller

keith1879
Been Liked: 262 times
Has Liked: 363 times

Post by keith1879 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:34 pm

DustyBawls wrote:IT is incorrectly saying how parents should behave - and he has no kids.
He doesn't need children to recognise that parents are failing to act in the best interests of their children - and of everyone else's. I.T. has a different political and social view from a sizeable number of people on this board - that doesn't make him wrong.
These 4 users liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81 Rick_Muller thatdberight ZizkovClaret

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2367 times
Has Liked: 3781 times

Post by JohnMac » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:49 pm

Bosscat wrote:especially Mumps as that can prove rather nasty in adult men .... say no more).....
Allow me to verify that statement as true. Had mumps in 1982/3 over Christmas and New Year. One of the most painful experiences in my life :(

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:50 pm

keith1879 wrote:It's difficult to see how you can punish them ....but then again this is a case where individual actions may be undermining the good of us all by destroying the herd immunity. I have a different beef with Andrew Wakefield - I have a son who is deeply autistic and it upsets me to think of the millions of pounds wasted on disproving his pathetic theory which could have been better spent on investigating ways of alleviating the effects of autism.

The people who should be punished are those who trumpeted his theory in the press and helped to reduce the MMR take-up. Melanie Philips is one for whom I have the deepest contempt after her contributions.

I see nothing wrong with banning children from state school where other kids are mandated to be there by law, if the parents have chosen not to vaccinate.

If those kids aren't banned then what that means is the state is mandating by law that children who cannot be vaccinated be put at greater risk.

Parents of children who cannot be vaccinated get punished if they refuse to send their children to school. Is that just?
Parents of children who can ve vaccinated but aren't are forcing the parents of children who cannot be vaccinated to choose between either putting the health of their child at risk, of keeping them out of school. How is that fair?
This user liked this post: ZizkovClaret

mdd2

Post by mdd2 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:03 pm

Of the roughly 3.5 million children aged up to 5 how many cannot be vaccinated? Less than 0.1%? and what is the uptake of vaccinations these days? Once it is over 90% then cases will be sporadic and I thought that we were getting most of the children vaccinated these days, although dropping off again in recent times.
There would be no need to exclude the odd child from a class if he she were not protected from measles would there?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:21 pm

mdd2 wrote:Of the roughly 3.5 million children aged up to 5 how many cannot be vaccinated? Less than 0.1%? and what is the uptake of vaccinations these days? Once it is over 90% then cases will be sporadic and I thought that we were getting most of the children vaccinated these days, although dropping off again in recent times.
There would be no need to exclude the odd child from a class if he she were not protected from measles would there?
We need 95% coverage to ensure herd immunity to work, per the Centre for Clinical Vaccinology and Tropical Medicine

According to government statistics, in Lancashire from July to September last year coverage of the MMR1 vaccine at aged 24 months was 89.6% and MMR2 at age 5 was just 84.6%

Here's the .xlsx file:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ables.xlsx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mdd2

Post by mdd2 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:51 pm

So the rise in measles is mainly in those young adults and teenagers who missed vaccines as children but we are nearly at or in some cases above 90% in children where unsurprisingly with such a high vaccination rate and about 97% efficacy cases are sporadic but you want to ban education of UK school children in State schools on the off chance that they get measles and infect a child who has immune deficiency as such a child may go to their school.
Sounds a good policy’s :roll:
Not doubt you would be up in arms if we banned non-immune fuolk from coming to the UK as not being part of a civilised society despite the fact the two reasons for the measles cases has been firstly importation from Europe and then transmission amongst those I believe to have been feckless in not getting protection.
But it is our civilised nation that has allowed it and few of us would complain about that
Thank the lord we have moved from the informed consent where it was I AM INFORMED.YOU WILL CONSENT

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:51 pm

To be honest just had to deal with this for the first time. And it was a horrendous decision.

Generally you would take the medical professional advice. But there is so many stories out there. Along with the dangerous amount of research we can do ourselves these days. Good and bad.

While my mrs was pregnant they wanted her to have two jabs. One for flu. One for whooping cough. The latter protects the baby for 6 to 8 weeks before having the jab themselves. Its a new job. With no research into the affects it has as its not been around long enough to know. I also asked the midwife what she knew about the vaccine and she openly admitted she knew no more than my research. She was simply following medical recommendations. In the end we opted against both. Mrs didnt get flu and all has been well with the baby in the main. (We also know lots of people who have had flu vaccines and ended up ill anyway!)

Last week was time for the 8 week injections. Again a hugely difficult decision. But in this case there is more evidence about the after effects and risks. And we also assessed how likely baby is to be exposed to said illnesses etc. And for these we came to the conclusion that the risks and complications if she did catch measles or meningitis or whooping cough were far more significant than possible effects of the jabs. So we did go ahead with these.

But it wasnt a clear cut decision. We agonised over both sets of jabs for some time. And did extensive research.

We did what we felt was best in both situations. And i wouldnt judge or criticise anyone for doing one or the other.
These 2 users liked this post: Rick_Muller Lord Beamish

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:18 pm

mdd2 wrote:So the rise in measles is mainly in those young adults and teenagers who missed vaccines as children but we are nearly at or in some cases above 90% in children where unsurprisingly with such a high vaccination rate and about 97% efficacy cases are sporadic but you want to ban education of UK school children in State schools on the off chance that they get measles and infect a child who has immune deficiency as such a child may go to their school.
Sounds a good policy’s :roll:
Not doubt you would be up in arms if we banned non-immune fuolk from coming to the UK as not being part of a civilised society despite the fact the two reasons for the measles cases has been firstly importation from Europe and then transmission amongst those I believe to have been feckless in not getting protection.
But it is our civilised nation that has allowed it and few of us would complain about that
Thank the lord we have moved from the informed consent where it was I AM INFORMED.YOU WILL CONSENT

I have no problem with mandating vaccines for people coming to live here who haven't had them, and don't have medical reasons for not having them. It should be at our expense, of course, but i don't have an objection to it.

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:28 pm

DustyBawls wrote:IT is incorrectly saying how parents should behave - and he has no kids.

Not sure anyone has to have kids to be able to comment on people who do have them.
These 3 users liked this post: ZizkovClaret GodIsADeeJay81 evensteadiereddie

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:55 pm

South West Claret. wrote:Not sure anyone has to have kids to be able to comment on people who do have them.

It's an anti-intellectual way of arguing. They don't have to think about what you say if they can find a reason to disqualify you from the discussion.

WadingInDeeper
Been Liked: 155 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by WadingInDeeper » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:15 pm

I think I'm ill, I'm finding myself agreeing with IT.

I had two children who were due for, and had, vaccinations just after the article was published. Yes we talked about it, but we reached the conclusion that the risk of not being vaccinated was greater than the potential risk of the vaccination.

But I see similar scenarios at work all the time where people make illogical decisions not based on actual risks, but on what they think the risk is.
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:20 pm

Are there not some religions that are against vaccinations?