Classless Chelsea.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Royboyclaret
Been Liked: 1280 times
Has Liked: 681 times

Classless Chelsea.

Post by Royboyclaret » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:29 pm

Leaks from their Boardroom today suggest that Zidane and Lampard have been discussed at senior level as a replacement for their current manager.

Bang out of order when Sarri has not even been called into the office, let alone sacked.

Our directors at the Turf are not immune to criticism but no way would it happen in that manner at Burnley.

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2167 times
Has Liked: 3100 times

Re: Classless Chelsea.

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:31 pm

Royboyclaret wrote:Leaks from their Boardroom today suggest that Zidane and Lampard have been discussed at senior level as a replacement for their current manager.

Bang out of order when Sarri has not even been called into the office, let alone sacked.

Our directors at the Turf are not immune to criticism but no way would it happen in that manner at Burnley.
I suspect it didn't and then we had to find a replacement for Coyle from scratch, and we all know how that ended up. Succession planning happens in any sensible business. Why it is seen as controversial in Football is beyond me. Sarri probably can't bloody wait to be sacked at this point.

Dyched
Been Liked: 1922 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:34 pm

He’s done well to last this long tbh.

If I was the owner and I heard he’s playing Kante out of position he’d be a sacked instantly.

Royboyclaret
Been Liked: 1280 times
Has Liked: 681 times

Post by Royboyclaret » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:36 pm

ZizkovClaret wrote:I suspect it didn't and then we had to find a replacement for Coyle from scratch, and we all know how that ended up. Succession planning happens in any sensible business. Why it is seen as controversial in Football is beyond me. Sarri probably can't bloody wait to be sacked at this point.
Zizkov.....It's more the way the 'leak' is allowed to happen at Chelsea that is concerning.

At Burnley we wouldn't be aware of a name until the new manager was in place.
Last edited by Royboyclaret on Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:38 pm

The words Classless and Chelsea in the same sentence sounds about right I would guess.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:38 pm

I'm sure tapping up goes on far more than the public think,Zidane makes sense,Lampard would be a gamble he's still raw in managerial terms and has no top flight experience in the hot seat,maybe Chelsea have seen the impact Ole has made at Old Trafford and want to replicate that.

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2167 times
Has Liked: 3100 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:57 pm

Royboyclaret wrote:Zizkov.....It's more the way the 'leak' is allowed to happen at Chelsea that is concerning.

At Burnley we wouldn't be aware of a name until the new manager was in place.
TBH i'd imagine there is as much chance the leak is from Zidane's side than Chelsea's, with Lampard thrown in for packing. Feels very similar to the rumours at United long before they eventually potted Jose

dsr
Been Liked: 4576 times
Has Liked: 2264 times

Post by dsr » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:46 pm

It's absurd to think it hasn't been discussed. One of the things to consider before sacking a manager is whether you can get a replacement you like better. Leaking it is amateurish, though.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:01 am

Football at that level is a joke in many cases. They shouldnt have hounded Conte out. But as **** as it is the approach / model chelsea take with the managerial merrygoround has served them well. As it does many teams on the continent. When you compare arsenals patience with wenger it looks sensible.

Sarri will have known that coming in. Its only a few years ago he was a PE teacher so I am sure he is cool with it.

But the whole player power thing gwnerally pisses me off. Pogba the biggest of the lot. He is on 200k a week. And makes no effort at all under mourinho simply because he doesnt like him. He should be ashamed. And united fans should despise him not worship him. Solskjaer comes in and he tries again.

If thats what was happening with our players when Hart was in I would be fuming. As it happens dont think it was. But there were more than a few rumours.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Dyched
Been Liked: 1922 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:46 am

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Football at that level is a joke in many cases. They shouldnt have hounded Conte out. But as **** as it is the approach / model chelsea take with the managerial merrygoround has served them well. As it does many teams on the continent. When you compare arsenals patience with wenger it looks sensible.

Sarri will have known that coming in. Its only a few years ago he was a PE teacher so I am sure he is cool with it.

But the whole player power thing gwnerally pisses me off. Pogba the biggest of the lot. He is on 200k a week. And makes no effort at all under mourinho simply because he doesnt like him. He should be ashamed. And united fans should despise him not worship him. Solskjaer comes in and he tries again.

If thats what was happening with our players when Hart was in I would be fuming. As it happens dont think it was. But there were more than a few rumours.
I agree!

I would add that as much as Pogbas antics **** me off. I can also see why players like him act in such ways. He’s a professional footballer, has been a while now. He knows as much as anyone else that if you’re gonna play defensively then it’s a bit silly with Jones and Smalling at the back. So too now with Chelsea and playing Kante in a more advanced playmaker role. If I was a Chelsea player I wouldn’t take Sarri seriously.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11035 times
Has Liked: 5647 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:47 am

in the last two seasons Sarri's Napoli where branded the best footballing team in Europe by both Guardiola and Klopp - Chelsea fans want rid, impatient wankers

exilecanada
Been Liked: 235 times
Has Liked: 21 times

Post by exilecanada » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:14 am

I don’t understand what all the fuss is about, Sarri’s dismissal is more or less inevitable. Abramovich doesn’t tolerate failure, it’s not the first time he’s fired a manager mid season, won’t be the last. I hate to think how much he’s paid out in severance over the years.

RammyClaret61
Been Liked: 1124 times
Has Liked: 301 times

Post by RammyClaret61 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:32 am

Why would any football manager fear the sack? Look at Mourinho, sacked twice at Chelsea, once at Man Utd. Pocketing best part of 50 million quid!!

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:54 am

Chelsea have had a decade and a half of almost non-stop success from this sort of ruthlessness. If anything they’ve gone soft last few seasons.

Sarri has been freely allowed to implement a system that prioritises style over achievement, and will not succeed in either. Chelsea should sack him ASAP.

There is no comparison between us and Chelsea. Nor is there any argument to be made for morality. I respect Abramovic’s Chelsea beaucause in those years under him winning has been the aim, and it has been achieved through ruthlessness. We’re different, we can’t be mentioned in the same breath like that.

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2596 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:31 am

If you’re managing Chelsea you’d pretty naive not to think the board are discussing your replacement from the moment you get the job.

ashtonlongsider
Been Liked: 494 times
Has Liked: 162 times

Post by ashtonlongsider » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:56 am

On the surface, there's been better or more high profile managers than Sarri given their marching orders at Chelsea. However, I don't think this guy's been given a proper chance to implement his style on the team. If I was betting man, I'd say that Lampard/Terry will be the next names through the revolving doors of Stamford Bridge. They might know the club inside out, but I personally question whether they've served enough time to warrant such a job so soon after finishing their playing careers. That said nothing seems permanent there.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3862 times
Has Liked: 2071 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:06 am

If I was to make a rumour up to get money claiming sky sources, this would be the easiest.
A top out of work manager and a club legend who has recently started managing.
It's a seller straight away.

Clubs don't deny rumours and half the country expect Sarre to be under pressure.

All in all the perfect rumour. I'm not so sure on a leak to be honest.

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2461 times
Has Liked: 1992 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:54 am

They look old and stale to me. If they get ZZ he will attract and keep the best anybody else and I happily feel the Chelsea era is over. All their success was built down the spine of Cech, Terry, Lampard & Drogba them 4 take some replacing. Courtois for Cech was great business but I don’t think they’ve got near to covering for the other 3. Now even Courtois has gone, for the worlds most expensive keeper and he’s not even in the PLs top 4.

Hipper
Been Liked: 1177 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Hipper » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:03 am

I thought Chelsea looked pretty good earlier in the season, and Kante playing forward worked well with Jorginho in front of the back three.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8488 times
Has Liked: 18214 times

Post by Bosscat » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:16 am

ZZ will be Top for Chelski

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:57 am

Chelsea fans: We want exciting football

*they hire the coach of a team known for playing the most exciting football in Europe*

Chelsea fans after a few bad results: Sack the manager

Bare in mind they didn’t hire him until a few days before the season started, they’ve played without a goal scoring striker all season and been trudging round Europa on Thursdays.

Sums up modern football and football fans in general tbh.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32409 times
Has Liked: 5273 times

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:59 am

Royboyclaret wrote:Leaks from their Boardroom today suggest that Zidane and Lampard have been discussed at senior level as a replacement for their current manager.

It does and it did - Coyle was spoken to, not even suggested, here before Cotterill left.

Totally agree that Chelsea are classless but this happens at a lot of clubs. Do you honestly think OGS hadn't been lined up before the plug was pulled on Mourinho at Man U?

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:06 pm

exilecanada wrote:I don’t understand what all the fuss is about, Sarri’s dismissal is more or less inevitable. Abramovich doesn’t tolerate failure, it’s not the first time he’s fired a manager mid season, won’t be the last. I hate to think how much he’s paid out in severance over the years.
The severance pay doesn't hurt him... It's money "earned" on the back of others anyway.Massive Ego IMO.

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:15 pm

ClaretTony wrote:It does and it did - Coyle was spoken to, not even suggested, here before Cotterill left.

Totally agree that Chelsea are classless but this happens at a lot of clubs. Do you honestly think OGS hadn't been lined up before the plug was pulled on Mourinho at Man U?
I thought Coyle came late in the process after cotterill had been sacked, and suggested to the board by Mr nixon, just before we were about to appoint Peter Reid

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32409 times
Has Liked: 5273 times

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:29 pm

Grumps wrote:I thought Coyle came late in the process after cotterill had been sacked, and suggested to the board by Mr nixon, just before we were about to appoint Peter Reid
I knew about Coyle on the day Cotterill left and the info had come, not directly admittedly, from Cotterill. He knew about it, I think he'd seen him down here.