Burnley v Tottenham - Player Ratings

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
taio
Been Liked: 3240 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Re: Burnley v Tottenham - Player Ratings

Post by taio » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:36 am

Heaton 8
Bardsley 9
Tarkowski 10
Mee 9
Taylor 9
Hendrick 8
Westwood 9
Cork 8
McNeil 8
Barnes 8
Wood 9

Tremendous team effort. A threat going forward but unbelievably good defensively.

One of my favourite times watching us.

ashtonlongsider
Been Liked: 494 times
Has Liked: 162 times

Post by ashtonlongsider » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:59 am

Heaton 8
Bardsley 8
Tarkowski 9
Mee 9
Taylor 8
Hendrick 8
Westwood 8
Cork 8
McNeil 8
Barnes 9
Wood 9* MOM

They all deserve high marks and I can't find the superlatives to describe that performance. I could have picked 3 MOM's Tarks and Mee were outstanding. However Wood has upped his game and is in the process of forming a formidable partnership with Barnes. A special word for SD who takes some stick at times for his subs and the timing of them. He got it absolutely spot on today. JBG gave Spurs something else to think about at a time when I felt they were mentally tiring.
This user liked this post: Downhamclaret

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 2001 times
Has Liked: 3331 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:27 am

Heaton 8
Bardsley 8
Tarks 8
Mee 8
Taylor 8
Westwood 9*
Cork 7 (It will sound churlish, but in an excellent overall team performance I didn't think he did that well)
Hendrick 7
McNeil 8
Barnes 7
Wood 8

Brady 5
JBG 8 (The right substitution at just the right time by SD and it made a real difference and that's something we can't always say)

Like everyone else I'm absolutely elated by us getting 3 very unexpected points and actually more than matching a top side. TBF to my username I have to say I thought Cork was weak in midfield and although I'm a huge Barnes fan I didn't think he had his best game, although I'm told Sky definitely don't agree with me, so what do I know??? I also thought, whether Spurs were pinching yards or not at the throw in, it was still extremely poor defending by us and I was livid we let Kane equalise so easily. However even that didn't phase us and we didn't sit back and defend deep, but got on the front foot when we could, kept pressing and got our rewards. I had several? celebratory pints on the back of it and will just about have recovered before I drag myself to Newcastle Tuesday/Wednesday hoping for more of the same! UTC

Goalposts
Been Liked: 562 times
Has Liked: 142 times

Post by Goalposts » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:05 pm

Heaton 8
Bardsley 8
Tarkowski 9
Mee 9
Taylor 8
Hendrick 7
Westwood 8
Cork 7
McNeil 8
Barnes 9
Wood 8

jbg 7 - little time to influence game..but did big style
brady 5 - little time to influence game..and didnt

HiroshimaClaret
Been Liked: 746 times
Has Liked: 927 times

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:26 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Sorry for the delay with the ratings thread but it can only be posted from earth so had to wait for me to get back down.
Love it!

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6361 times
Has Liked: 8704 times

Post by IanMcL » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:35 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Sorry for the delay with the ratings thread but it can only be posted from earth so had to wait for me to get back down.
Would have thought you were technically gifted enough to use Cloud 9.

Claret Toni
Been Liked: 156 times
Has Liked: 106 times

Post by Claret Toni » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:35 pm

This was a good performance against a very good side who, for whatever reason, weren't at their best.

Heaton - 8.Splendid flying save; excellent organisation and very alert for the through balls, but could he have done better for the goal.
Bardsley - 7. Passion and recognised the ongoing threat of Rose, hence the reducer, but could have walked for that.
Tarkowski - 7. Dominant but asleep for their goal.
Mee - 8. Blocks and positioning were impressive.
Taylor - 8 Always showed their full back the inside route. Very disciplined.
Hendrick - 7. Had a difficult game against Rose, left his foot in early and stuck manfully to the task. Got to disagree with those who think Rose was in his pocket, far from it. Rose was their best player, after Kane, and much better than the other wing-back.
Cork - 7. Kept discipline well against a talented midfield of Erickson and Winks. And against Sissoko who isn't very talented but is a big lad.
Westwood - 8. As Cork but better, in my mind, on the day. Ran and ran.
McNeil - 8. If not a constant threat, then a real thorn in their side. Retains possession so well; has time. Extra mark for the ridiculously good turn and shimmy.
Barnes - 8. Passion, strength and good partnership forming with Wood, also a goal, but wish he would cut out the theatricals. Liked the way both forwards left Alderweireld in possession, a player I imagine who has difficulty passing water, never mind a football.
Wood - 9. Ran the channels well, held the ball up and played it simply. Did his job extremely well. Scored although being fouled (shirt pull). Made his
marker Foyth look poor, who is, perhaps, poor.

Gudmundsson - 7. Not easy to make an impression when coming on, but set up the 2nd goal with a sublime piece of skill and then a poor shot. Clearly deceived the keeper, who was not at his best.
Brady - 6. Coming back so a way to go before he gets back to his best. Corners were of variable quality. But extra mark given for not getting injured or sent off.

Cubanclaret
Been Liked: 286 times
Has Liked: 139 times

Post by Cubanclaret » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:31 am

Heaton 9
Bardsley 8
Tarkowski 9
Mee 9
Taylor 8
Hendrick 8
Cork 8
Westwood 8
O'Neill 9
Barnes 8
Wood 9*
--
JBG 8
Brady 7
--

the_magic_rat
Been Liked: 76 times
Has Liked: 273 times

Post by the_magic_rat » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:47 am

Heaton 8

Bardsley 8
Tarkowski 9
Mee 9
Taylor 8

Hendrick 8
Westwood 8
Cork 8
McNeil 8

Wood 9
Barnes 9

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1354 times
Has Liked: 440 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:13 am

Heaton 9
Bardsley 9
Tarkowski 9
Mee 9
Taylor 9
Westwood 9
Cork 9
McNeil 9
Hendrick 9
Barnes 9
Wood 9

Absolutely superb performance all round. What a huge result. Impossible to pick a MOTM or to score any individual higher than another. They were all excellent. One of the best days on the Turf in our PL history.

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 673 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:55 am

Heaton 8

Bardsley 8
Tarkowski 9
Mee 9
Taylor 9

Hendrick 8
Cork 8