What was the best non Burnley game you ever attended ?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Hantsclaret
Been Liked: 13 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Re: What was the best non Burnley game you ever attended ?

Post by Hantsclaret » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:09 am

Definitely Everton v Bayern Munich - 24 April 85. Semi final of the Cup Winners Cup and widely considered the best Everton game at Goodison... Bayern went one up early on and Everton scored 3 in the second half - including one by our own Trevor Steven. Don't think I have ever experienced an atmosphere like it!

tarkys_ears
Been Liked: 1016 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by tarkys_ears » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:42 am

certainly not an England one!

CaptJohn
Been Liked: 460 times
Has Liked: 329 times

Post by CaptJohn » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:50 am

Hantsclaret wrote:Definitely Everton v Bayern Munich - 24 April 85. Semi final of the Cup Winners Cup and widely considered the best Everton game at Goodison... Bayern went one up early on and Everton scored 3 in the second half - including one by our own Trevor Steven. Don't think I have ever experienced an atmosphere like it!
So you were there as well? It was an amazing night. I was in the Gwladys St and it really was one of those nights when you could pick your feet up and not fall over, such was the crowd. I've been in the Kop on a great European Night but Goodison that night was better.
This user liked this post: Hantsclaret

Tribesmen
Been Liked: 1176 times
Has Liked: 635 times

Post by Tribesmen » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:06 am

Ireland v Romania Italia 90 , never was at anything quite like that when it came to the penalty shoot out .

Nothing on a football pitch /ground has ever come close to that moment when DO'L put the last penalty away .

Hantsclaret
Been Liked: 13 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by Hantsclaret » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:28 am

CaptJohn wrote: So you were there as well? It was an amazing night. I was in the Gwladys St and it really was one of those nights when you could pick your feet up and not fall over, such was the crowd. I've been in the Kop on a great European Night but Goodison that night was better.
Just an amazing night ... didnt want the match to end !
tarkys_ears wrote:certainly not an England one!
Running Everton vs Bayern Munich a close second was England vs Holland at Euro 96 ... great football..an amazing atmosphere and a feeling that we really could do something special!

theroyaldyche
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Post by theroyaldyche » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:09 pm

Been to a few defeats at ewood. For blackburn

All great days