Cant win em all

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11034 times
Has Liked: 5647 times

Re: Cant win em all

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:38 am

Dyched wrote:Fight fight fight fight fight fight fight
no fighting allowed :lol:
This user liked this post: Dyched

ClaretShaun
Been Liked: 26 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by ClaretShaun » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:41 am

Vegas Claret wrote:maybe if we'd have signed one we could have had another on the bench !

however he could have gone

Heaton
Mee Tarks Taylor
JBG Hendrick Cork Brady Barnes (he's played there for us plenty of times)
Crouch Wood

or
Heaton
Bardsley Mee Taylor
JBG Hendrick Cork Tarks Brady
Crouch Wood or Barnes

sticking with the 4-4-2 clearly wasn't working so to stick with it all game was pretty pointless. Not saying for one minute 3-5-2 would have deffo worked, but 4-4-2 deffo didn't work tonight
You’d embarrassed yourself enough on this thread, then post THAT, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

This game really isn’t for you, son

Indecisive
Been Liked: 400 times
Has Liked: 68 times

Post by Indecisive » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:56 am

Nonayforever wrote:Tonight was probably the perfect example of way SD will never get a top job.
He is good for Burnley etc etc, but when it comes to the crunch, tactic wise , he is lacking.
Instead of strengthening midfield he resorts to hoofball plus.
I'm not calling for a change or anything remotely like that, just merely an observation of the difference between him and Rafa.
Isn’t hindsight amazing.

If Crouch had won a knockdown header from a long ball and we’d got back in the game on 80 mins, and then say Vydra had tapped in that late chance... we’d have been referencing the great substitutions.

When it comes to the crunch, tactic wise, he’s lacking.

When it came to the crunch, and we’d had a real bad spell and looking like one of the favourites for relegation.... Dyche delivered a run of 8 games unbeaten. He brought Heaton back... he introduced McNeil, he switched Hendrick to the wing.

The majority of the team looked off the pace last night m. A team of similar ability to us were on form and looked bright. We inevitably fell short, and I don’t believe there was a change that could have been made that would have changed the outcome.
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

Corky
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Corky » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:25 am

I stopped watching at around 65/70 minutes went and played records. Didn't really look like either side was going to score. Wasn't wrong. I know it is all ifs, buts and maybes but they got the first goal to settle them down. It went in. On another occasion it could have hit row Z. Tarks should have scored. We should have had a pen. These things happen. We were clearly second best but I think the Spurs game took a lot out of them.

Also if we had drawn against Spurs and then drawn again last night I guess most would have been happy. But with only two points to show for it. Funny old game.
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

SussexDon1inIreland
Been Liked: 1277 times
Has Liked: 8528 times

Post by SussexDon1inIreland » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:35 am

I thought it was a penalty when JBG was flattened but he didn’t appeal for it not sure why?

Tarks misses when it was easier to score

Maybe we could have got a draw?

UTC

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11034 times
Has Liked: 5647 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:52 pm

ClaretShaun wrote:You’d embarrassed yourself enough on this thread, then post THAT, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

This game really isn’t for you, son
great response, no doubt you'll pick this up when you are back from school