Steven Defour

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
KippaxFifaHD
Been Liked: 24 times
Has Liked: 118 times

Re: Steven Defour

Post by KippaxFifaHD » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:33 pm

ClaretShaun wrote:Stop talking sense, Jakub! :D

This is just it, we activated the clause when we could have just let him go and, no doubt, he would have happily gone. Also, wasn’t the extension activated back end of 2018 (I may be wrong) and he did nothing after the end of 2017. It was a very strange move for a Club that gets nearly everything right.

BTW, he wasn’t our best player last season, nor the main reason we finished where we did, was was an integral part of the 11 that took us to 4th in December 2017, part of the 11 and one third of that central trio of that were a joy to watch (Cork, Defour, Hendrick).

Season 1 - nothing
Season 2 - half a season as part of a machine
Season 3 - nothing
Season 4 - who knows but if I had to bet..... nothing

Awful, awful output from what will be an approx £15m investment. People knock Hendrick but to date, and I bet by summer 2020, he looks / will have looked a bargain in comparison.

£15m for half a season. Having said that, Europe was the best thing to have happened in my 33 years attending, so I am still glad the signing happened as without that Aug-Dec stint he had a part in, we might not have finished 7th.

But £15m for 5 months is grim.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought we'd payed £7m for Defour. As for his injuries, yes he's injury prone and yes he's also getting on, but when fit he dictates the tempo of our play and is easily the most composed player on the ball I've seen in a Burnley shirt, and for that alone is worth keeping

ClaretShaun
Been Liked: 26 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by ClaretShaun » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:58 pm

KippaxFifaHD wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought we'd payed £7m for Defour. As for his injuries, yes he's injury prone and yes he's also getting on, but when fit he dictates the tempo of our play and is easily the most composed player on the ball I've seen in a Burnley shirt, and for that alone is worth keeping
What we paid him in for 4 years? Pebbles, beads and tiny mirrors?

Stayingup
Been Liked: 921 times
Has Liked: 2753 times

Post by Stayingup » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:06 pm

Spike wrote:Much prefer Lawton to Bardsley who has to play out of his skin to be average. Getting caught ambling back too often

jBG and Brady will come good given game time
Tommy Lawton? he was a heel of player I am told.