Tommy Robinson - again

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
aggi
Been Liked: 2117 times

Re: Tommy Robinson - again

Post by aggi » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:22 pm

Damo wrote:We will have to put that down to naivety on your part I suppose.
I'm fairly sure "Tommy" has done this plenty of times before
I'd expect Robinson to do it, he has previous, just not a normal person.

I think maybe your first post was a bit confusing, by saying "far from innocent" I was assuming that you were implying that he'd done "bad" things that would warrant someone banging on your door at 5am whereas what, I think, you meant was that this was the inevitable result of calling out someone Robinson (not that he deserved it, edit: to clarify Stuchbury didn't deserve it).

As for not knowing who he is, he's not exactly high profile, particularly for someone like myself who isn't on twitter. Just because he crops up in your echo chamber doesn't mean he appears in somebody else's.
Last edited by aggi on Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2819 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:26 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:This could be the daftest thing I've ever seen on this site.

Did anyone ever get nicked for stealing your car?
No, but it was still dealt with.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3338 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:42 pm

I see a few of his followers have been visiting his home and following him around.

How pathetic would you have to be to do that.

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:46 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:Most on here would say that's normal.

You're quite extreme in your views at times, but think it's alright because you go extreme left rather than right.
Name a single one of my "extreme" views.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:53 pm

Damo wrote:These conversations are always difficult on here.
If you say anything slightly against the grain then you are suddenly a Tommy Robinson supporter and justifying his actions. People who usually come across as being rational become quite emotive and start jumping the gun.
Amazing how many people "didnt know who stutchbury was" too before opening this thread.
I dont tune in to him or "Tommy" but I'm quite aware of both of them, just by things other people share on twitter

I've been called a terrorist sympathiser and a traitor on here simply for defending out system of justice. It's weird that defending that is "going against the grain".

But you keep crying about how unfair it is that the mean snowflakes are criticising you for going against the grain by rationalising thugs showing up at a journalists house because their journalism upset them.

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4254 times

Post by Greenmile » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:25 pm

Damo wrote:These conversations are always difficult on here.
If you say anything slightly against the grain then you are suddenly a Tommy Robinson supporter and justifying his actions. People who usually come across as being rational become quite emotive and start jumping the gun.
I don't see that happening here - at least not directed at you.
Damo wrote:Amazing how many people "didnt know who stutchbury was" too before opening this thread.
I dont tune in to him or "Tommy" but I'm quite aware of both of them, just by things other people share on twitter
You know everyone's Twitter feed is different, right? If you're telling me he's a famous as "Tommy Robinson" and I just have a strange blind spot for this guy then fair enough, but I suspect it's not that unreasonable for folk to never have heard of him before today.

Maybe that's why I was struggling to follow your point. Perhaps there are other things you assume everyone knows about Stuchbery which makes him "far from innocent" in this scenario. However, the link on the OP and your post 75 are genuinely the only things I've ever read about the guy.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:31 pm

Greenmile wrote:I don't see that happening here - at least not directed at you.

You know everyone's Twitter feed is different, right? If you're telling me he's a famous as "Tommy Robinson" and I just have a strange blind spot for this guy then fair enough, but I suspect it's not that unreasonable for folk to never have heard of him before today.

Maybe that's why I was struggling to follow your point. Perhaps there are other things you assume everyone knows about Stuchbery which makes him "far from innocent" in this scenario. However, the link on the OP and your post 75 are genuinely the only things I've ever read about the guy.
I'm not implying anything negative about not knowing who Mike Stutchbury is. I was genuinely quite surprised that's all. I thought he was quite well known

ten bellies
Been Liked: 237 times
Has Liked: 1283 times

Post by ten bellies » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:04 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I've been called a terrorist sympathiser and a traitor on here simply for defending out system of justice. It's weird that defending that is "going against the grain".

But you keep crying about how unfair it is that the mean snowflakes are criticising you for going against the grain by rationalising thugs showing up at a journalists house because their journalism upset them.
One man's journalist is another's thug, oh pious one.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:27 pm

ten bellies wrote:One man's journalist is another's thug, oh pious one.

I think we have contender for Dumbest Post of the Year.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:29 pm

Damo wrote:I'm not implying anything negative about not knowing who Mike Stutchbury is. I was genuinely quite surprised that's all. I thought he was quite well known

Maybe he's just well-known among Tommy Robinson supporters and the alt right.

Damo

Post by Damo » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:46 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Maybe he's just well-known among Tommy Robinson supporters and the alt right.
Yeah maybe that's it Charlie. His 79500 Twitter followers are the alt right

Damo

Post by Damo » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:48 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I've been called a terrorist sympathiser and a traitor on here simply for defending out system of justice. It's weird that defending that is "going against the grain".

Why are you lying again?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:49 pm

Damo wrote:Yeah maybe that's it Charlie. His 79500 Twitter followers are the alt right

79.5k followers doesn't make someone well-known to the public at large.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:50 pm

Damo wrote:Why are you lying again?
Where's the lie?
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:57 pm

he pops up on my feed occasionally (I don't follow him btw) but people I do, do. Damo follows me so thats why he might have heard of him.

He's not someone that I thought it would be worth Tommy Robinson bothering about, but he's now got a lot of absolute bellends turning up at his door, which is completely unacceptable.

This another of those threads in which I'm genuinely concerned about where we are going as a country if you can't recognise this as a bad thing,and plenty appear to think its ok.

Damo

Post by Damo » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:17 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:he pops up on my feed occasionally (I don't follow him btw) but people I do, do. Damo follows me so thats why he might have heard of him.

He's not someone that I thought it would be worth Tommy Robinson bothering about, but he's now got a lot of absolute bellends turning up at his door, which is completely unacceptable.

This another of those threads in which I'm genuinely concerned about where we are going as a country if you can't recognise this as a bad thing,and plenty appear to think its ok.
Do they think it's ok or are they just not surprised?

Damo

Post by Damo » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:18 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:79.5k followers doesn't make someone well-known to the public at large.
I'm not talking about the public at large.
I was referring to some posters on here who usually have their finger on the pulse when it comes to political commentators and such like

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:22 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:he pops up on my feed occasionally (I don't follow him btw) but people I do, do. Damo follows me so thats why he might have heard of him.

I think the only thing that will stop this country becoming Germany of the 30s and 40s is if another western country gets there first. This is one of those things that is so obviously unacceptable in a civilised, rational society but that people who don't value freedom of speech, social justice, decency, and reality find it perfectly OK.

They kinda like the Brownshirts when they're enforcing their beliefs.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:23 pm

Damo wrote:I'm not talking about the public at large.
I was referring to some posters on here who usually have their finger on the pulse when it comes to political commentators and such like
I'm still waiting on you (for once) backing up an accusation.

Damo

Post by Damo » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:09 pm

1, I wasnt crying about anything being unfair.
2, I didnt rationalise Tommy Robinsons actions. I said they didnt surprise me. I dont need to explain the difference do I?
As for you being called names, well I'll just have to take your word for that

SmudgetheClaret
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:09 pm

So in other words TR turned up and this SJW s**t his pants..
This user liked this post: AndyClaret

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:19 pm

If TR turns up on his own, you talk to him.

But he turns up with his buddies, who are all as bad as he is, thats the problem.

The stuff you post backs up exactly what I'm concerned about. Assuming you are serious, you'd be right at home in 1930s Germany.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:20 pm

Damo wrote:1, I wasnt crying about anything being unfair.
2, I didnt rationalise Tommy Robinsons actions. I said they didnt surprise me. I dont need to explain the difference do I?
As for you being called names, well I'll just have to take your word for that
Damo, there's no way to spin this. This is you rationalising his actions.
Damo wrote:Suchbury is far from innocent though is he?
Surely if you spend your entire life calling people names on the internet, you would expect that someday someone might confront you in the real world.
I'm not expecting some posters on here to understand that obviously
Yes, you were whining. You are always whining.

I didn't say i was being called names. I said i was called a terrorist sympathiser and a traitor. Those aren't names.

Damo

Post by Damo » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:23 pm

Classic Charlie, strawmanning again.
You are not worth talking to most of the time

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:23 pm

Damo wrote:Classic Charlie, strawmanning again.
You are not worth talking to most of the time

I don't think you know what strawmanning is if you think that's what I've done.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6951 times
Has Liked: 1479 times

Post by Rileybobs » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:49 pm

Brilliant thread. Those of you calling Tommy Robinson by his first name, in a non-humorous way, look like utter mugs.

It’s hilarious that donations that these saps, Moffit being one of them, have made to Robinson, are going to end up in the pocket of a Syrian refugee. The irony is delicious.

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2218 times
Has Liked: 2207 times

Post by fidelcastro » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:20 pm

Have people on here seriously given money to that waste of space?! I actually thought that was certain posters on the wind-up!

If you have, please explain, at what stage you thought that was a good idea!

ten bellies
Been Liked: 237 times
Has Liked: 1283 times

Post by ten bellies » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:39 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:I think we have contender for Dumbest Post of the Year.
You are the font sweet cheeks.

ClaretMoffitt
Been Liked: 1216 times
Has Liked: 807 times

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:20 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:No, we don't.

What mock rage? What makes you think my utter disgust at this piece of **** is fake?
If only you discribed grooming gangs and terrorists with such contempt in your tone. You, and the left in general hate people like Tommy 10x more than you hate them, and even though you deny it when it's put to you, simply watching your behaviour in the face of public spectacles involving each side tells another story.

That is why I've stopped discussing issues, that's why I've become 'an alt-right troll' because I've realised that the people I'm debating actually hate people like me more than they hate murderers and paedophiles.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10238 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:31 am

Don't flatter yourself, kid. Nobody's even equating you with, or comparing you to, murderers or paedophiles. No hate, just derision.
Your appreciation of "Tommy", even the alleged donating of money to his cause, is what has exposed you to utter contempt and ridicule on here.
I suspect you stopped posting because of the after-effects of your ban - what was it for again - and because you come across as a hopeless fool.
"Tommy" - ffs, grow up.

ClaretMoffitt

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:33 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:Don't flatter yourself, kid. Nobody's even equating you with, or comparing you to, murderers or paedophiles.
Your appreciation of "Tommy", even the alleged donating of money to his cause, is what has exposed you to utter contempt and ridicule on here.
I suspect you stopped posting because of the after-effects of your ban - what was it for again - and because you come across as a hopeless fool.
"Tommy" - ffs, grow up.
Saying taxi drivers don't pay tax.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10238 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:41 am

Mmmmm, OK. :?

Catch you later - off out to work.

ClaretMoffitt

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:48 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:Mmmmm, OK. :?

Toodles

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:50 am

Damo wrote:Do they think it's ok or are they just not surprised?
At least one person thinks it’s hilarious, and another calls it “a storm in a teacup” so yes, they think it’s ok.

You’re just “not surprised” I think, but that led you to claim that Stuchbery is “far from innocent” - a comment which you have not really justified yet, imo.

ClaretMoffitt

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:51 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:Mmmmm, OK. :?

Also, just an FYI, not that it matters to you lot as I'm sure you'll carry on saying it regardless. I don't, and have never donated money to Tommy ******* Robinson. I barely have enough money to get through the winter, the idea I'd give what little spare I have to someone infinitely richer than me is laughable.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:02 am

ClaretMoffitt wrote:If only you discribed grooming gangs and terrorists with such contempt in your tone. You, and the left in general hate people like Tommy 10x more than you hate them, and even though you deny it when it's put to you, simply watching your behaviour in the face of public spectacles involving each side tells another story.

That is why I've stopped discussing issues, that's why I've become 'an alt-right troll' because I've realised that the people I'm debating actually hate people like me more than they hate murderers and paedophiles.
Find me a post by anyone where they say they are laughing their heads off at folk getting triggered by a murderer or a paedophile and I might start to believe you.

The point you’re missing is that hatred of murderers and paedophiles is so obvious that most of us don’t feel the need to point it out because everyone hates them. For some inexplicable reason, though, that’s not the case with folk like “Tommy”, who some people - yourself included - still think is a stand-up guy or a poor persecuted snowflake, worthy of respect, sympathy and even charity, despite his litany of crimes.

This means there’s a discussion to be had as to whether “Tommy” is a prick or not - a discussion that’s just not worth having about murderers or paedophiles, because everyone would be on the same side.
This user liked this post: Lancasterclaret

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5553 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:10 am

ClaretMoffitt wrote:If only you discribed grooming gangs and terrorists with such contempt in your tone. You, and the left in general hate people like Tommy 10x more than you hate them, and even though you deny it when it's put to you, simply watching your behaviour in the face of public spectacles involving each side tells another story.

It isn’t people’s feelings towards paedophiles and murderers that’s the problem; Greenmile has just summed that up pretty well.

It’s people’s feelings towards anyone that shares the same religion as (some)* paedophiles and murderers that differ significantly.

ClaretMoffitt

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:20 am

I want to believe that is true but when I see scores of people actively defending people like begum and her husband, saying we should bring her back and offer her "support". Then see the same people saying Tommy Robinson should be locked up for what are at worst, minor public order offences. I get highly skeptical of their motives.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:46 am

Whilst we are on the subject, it’s well worthwhile remembering Tommy’s contribution highlighting & assisting with the exposure of the grooming gangs thus minimising that particular seedy activity, recognising people’s faults it can also be quite sobering also recognising equally the positive impact people have had, it’s not all negative when you weight it up.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:06 am

100% a parody.

Bloody good one mind

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:07 am

I want to believe that is true but when I see scores of people actively defending people like begum and her husband, saying we should bring her back and offer her "support". Then see the same people saying Tommy Robinson should be locked up for what are at worst, minor public order offences. I get highly skeptical of their motives.
She's British, she's our problem.

I can't help you if you don't understand that.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:15 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:100% a parody.

Bloody good one mind
No parody, I was actually looking for a sensible counter to the points raised, I guess it’s just easier criticising without having the depth of thought to also recognise a persons good points for the purpose of balance.

Damo

Post by Damo » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:17 am

Greenmile wrote:At least one person thinks it’s hilarious, and another calls it “a storm in a teacup” so yes, they think it’s ok.
Lancaster said plenty. Personally I dont think 2 people represent a demographic of plenty, but ok
Greenmile wrote:You’re just “not surprised” I think, but that led you to claim that Stuchbery is “far from innocent” - a comment which you have not really justified yet, imo.
I thought I had a couple of times. He turns up at demos. Gets into arguments and spends most of his life on Twitter arguing with people. I'd guess (I might be wrong. I'm sure someone will show me that I am if so) that he is financially rewarded for it. (Imo) he is a modern day Roger Cook type character. He gets himself into situations like this one for a living. I'm not saying he does it solely for the money. But I'm sure he sees things like this as part of his job. He will have a lot more limelight following this story and he will get plenty more views on YouTube because of it.
I'll just add again for clarity, that I dont think knocking on his door at 5am or whatever is acceptable behaviour. But I was in no way surprised that it has happened (having spent 38 years in the real world)

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3338 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:19 am

Bloody good one mind
“Say what you like about Mussolini, he made the trains run on time”
This user liked this post: Lancasterclaret

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5553 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:50 am

Bloody good one mind
I’ve not taken him seriously since he accused Eastern Europeans of rustling ducks off the canal.

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by Pstotto » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:54 am

The agri-peasant nihilists from Asia doing the worst damage are the yoga cults of Hindu and Buddhism, spreading superstition, psychosis creationism and spirit parasitism, utter evil demented demonic cults from the stone age taking this country to a hell of their magus imaginings, probably as agents of the Chinese and Indian military to create a holocaust by proxy, this aiding cuckoo human Europe and Britain.

Robinson doesn't know it, he's not part of the lost generation of idealist liberalists taken in on their drug-fuelled bounty highs.

The Muslim community is polarizing between those that sensibility embrace this country and its values and the backward muppet radical fools.

At least they follow a monotheist religion that allies with ours and the bible, in contrast to the alien evil of the Hindus and Buddhists.

Then there are the Afro-Carribean animists who think murder is close to godliness as alpha animal status, fuelled by our own media psychology, total madness having that as a cultural force here.

ClaretAndJew

Post by ClaretAndJew » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:05 am

Close the thread.

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:11 am

You're a baby, C & J. and an ostrich and a coward into the bargain.
Last edited by Pstotto on Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

ClaretAndJew

Post by ClaretAndJew » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:12 am

Pstotto wrote:You're a baby, C & J.
Yes. I need my nappy changing just now.

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:13 am