Anti semetism

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Re: Anti semetism

Post by South West Claret. » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:20 pm

Rowls wrote:Or perhaps take it from the Labour MP who wrote as follows, from the article:

Mr Amesbury then released a statement “apologising unreservedly for this terrible error".

“I apologise unreservedly for this terrible error. I genuinely don’t recall sharing this image and I’m mortified that I did so. This appalling image image contains an antisemitic caricature and a reference to the ‘illuminati’ conspiracy theory. I would never have intentionally shared antisemitic tropes and I am sincerely sorry that I did.”

Or perhaps you'd believe it if the Guardian printed it?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... byn-labour" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The OP made a seemingly genuine request to be pointed towards instances of antsemitism in the Labour party.

I am pointing him in their direction as and when they come up.
It matters not where the slurs comes from it's the "content" I'm referring too.

You want proof do you well here it is go to AlJazeera and access "The Lobby Episodes 1, 2 and 3. watch them and then tell me the whole thing hasn't been set up.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 921 times
Has Liked: 2756 times

Post by Stayingup » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:05 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:It's the same kind of issue as the Tories and their Islamophobia but the media don't talk about that very much, strangely enough.
Rubbish. What rubbish. Not the same at all. Where is your proof for this diabolical comment?

Stayingup

Post by Stayingup » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:11 pm

fidelcastro wrote:Indeed, no one is called Islamophobic for criticising Saudi Arabia though (and rightly so BTW! ), but any criticism of Israel is immediately pounced on as anti semitism :(
You mean like for killing and dismembering someone in Istanbul? Or fighting a Proxy war in rhe Yemen killing many innocent arabs? Time you looked in both directios Mr.

Stayingup

Post by Stayingup » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:13 pm

corporal jones wrote:Can someone help me out. The news is full of the Labour party's apparent problem with anti semetism, but as yet I haven't heard any reports of what specific anti Semitic acts have taken place. I have no particular political axe to grind by the way. Is it just that the Westminster elite think it's important and don't realise that the rest of the country is more concerned with getting through life at the moment. The Labour Party is a lot of things, but racist?
Just do a check on Luciana Berger labour MP.
This user liked this post: Darnhill Claret

keith1879
Been Liked: 262 times
Has Liked: 366 times

Post by keith1879 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:22 pm

Rowls wrote:Here's the latest incident being investigated corporal jones:

https://order-order.com/2019/03/08/labo ... semistism/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Happy to keep you updated with all things anti-semitic in the Labour party.

You're welcome.
What a very condescending post. It links to an item by"Guido Fawkes" ...a well known right wing blogger who isn't exactly a neutral voice.

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:31 pm

keith1879 wrote:What a very condescending post. It links to an item by"Guido Fawkes" ...a well known right wing blogger who isn't exactly a neutral voice.
Apart from the predictable and hominem attack, anything you can find to disagree with in the facts? The Labour Party suspended him so must feel there is a case to answer at least.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:35 pm

The whataboutery on both sides for this vile racism is bloody annoying.

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:23 pm

Stayingup wrote:Rubbish. What rubbish. Not the same at all. Where is your proof for this diabolical comment?
The first link is Baroness Warsi talking about the issue last year, and the second is from last week - the Tory party taking swift action against fourteen members after ignoring the issue for as long as they could.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 94271.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... lamophobia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

South West Claret.

Post by South West Claret. » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:18 pm

Stayingup wrote:Just do a check on Luciana Berger labour MP.
I have she's the former director of Labour Friends of Israel and along with a lot more MP's in Parliment is probably a Zionist supporter as well.

If you want evidence that this is an orchestrated attack on JC and Labour Party and is a set up job than take the advice on post 51 and then come back and comment.

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:24 pm

Stayingup wrote:You mean like for killing and dismembering someone in Istanbul? Or fighting a Proxy war in rhe Yemen killing many innocent arabs? Time you looked in both directios Mr.

Erm. Yes. Things like that.

The Israeli government oppress Israeli arabs and they slaughter Palestinians in the name of "self-defence". But when I criticise them of that there are idiots who can't tell that i'm criticising the Israeli government and not the Israeli people. Yet funnily enough that have no problem making that distinction when i'm criticising a government of a Muslim country.
These 2 users liked this post: longsidepies Darnhill Claret

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2220 times
Has Liked: 2211 times

Post by fidelcastro » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:45 am

Stayingup wrote:You mean like for killing and dismembering someone in Istanbul? Or fighting a Proxy war in rhe Yemen killing many innocent arabs? Time you looked in both directios Mr.
That was kind of my point, if you bother to read it properly.

:roll:

bluelabrador16
Been Liked: 79 times
Has Liked: 125 times

Post by bluelabrador16 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:53 pm

Oh My God!

Anti-Semitism Pandemic!

C.J. Hopkins
"....At the moment, Britain is taking the brunt of it. Despite the best efforts of the ruling classes and the media to contain its spread, several new cases of anti-Semitism have been reported throughout the Kingdom, or at least among the Labour Party, which, at this point, has been so thoroughly infected that it resembles a neo-Nazi death cult.....

Emergency measures are now in effect. A full-scale Labour Party lockdown is imminent. Anyone not already infected is being advised to flee the party, denounce anyone who hasn’t done so as “a Hitler-loving Corbyn-sympathizer,” and prophylactically apologize for any critical statements they might have made about Israel, or “elites,” or “global capitalism,” or “bankers,” or anything else that anyone can construe as anti-Semitism (preferably in the pages of The Guardian)...

Nor has the Continent been spared! What at first appeared to be a series of spontaneous protests against Emmanuel Macron, economic austerity, and global capitalism by the so-called “Yellow Vests” in France has now been officially diagnosed as a nationwide anti-Semitism outbreak....

Meanwhile, in the United States... the anti-Semitism virus has now spread to Congress, where Representative Ilhan Omar (reputed to be a hardcore member of the infamous “Axis of Anti-Semitism“).....

This sudden anti-Semitism outbreak has nothing to do with the War on Populism that the global capitalist ruling classes have been waging for the last two years. It’s not like the establishment would stoop so low as to use anti-Semitism (and even the Holocaust!) as a cynical propaganda ploy to delegitimize their myriad opponents and critics....

... lock your critical thinking up in your anti-anti-Semitism safe room, and pull up Schindler’s List on Netflix … oh, and don’t forget to scour the Internet for any criticism of the capitalist ruling classes, or the corporate media, or neoliberalism, or any other anti-Semitic tropes!

http://www.unz.com/chopkins/anti-semitism-pandemic/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rowls
Been Liked: 5102 times
Has Liked: 5172 times

Post by Rowls » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:54 pm

keith1879 wrote:What a very condescending post. It links to an item by"Guido Fawkes" ...a well known right wing blogger who isn't exactly a neutral voice.
Lancasterclaret wrote:The whataboutery on both sides for this vile racism is bloody annoying.
The OP put out a request to discover instances of antisemitism in the Labour party and I am providing them in response.

There's no condescension and no 'whataboutery' from me - I am providing links with evidence of antisemitism in Jeremy Corbyn's Labour party. In response to a request for them.

Feel free to declare these instances as some kind of "Jewish conspiracy" or part of an "orchestrated attack" on Jeremy Corbyn if you will.

I am providing them with as little comment as possible.

bluelabrador16
Been Liked: 79 times
Has Liked: 125 times

Post by bluelabrador16 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:54 pm

Israel’s Stranglehold on American Politics.......Chris Hedges
The Israel lobby’s buying off of nearly every senior politician in the United States, facilitated by our system of legalized bribery, is not an anti-Semitic trope. It is a fact.

The lobby’s campaign of vicious character assassination, smearing and blacklisting against those who defend Palestinian rights—including the Jewish historian Norman Finkelstein and university students, many of them Jewish, in organizations such as Students for Justice in Palestine—is not an anti-Semitic trope. It is a fact.

Twenty-four state governments’ passage of Israel lobby-backed legislation requiring their workers and contractors, under threat of dismissal, to sign a pro-Israel oath and promise not to support the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement is not an anti-Semitic trope. It is a fact.

The shameless decision in 2014 by all 100 U.S. senators, including Bernie Sanders, to pass a Soviet-style plebiscite proposed by the Israel lobby to affirm Israel’s “right to defend itself” during the 51 days it bombed and shelled homes, water treatment plants, power stations, hospitals and U.N. schools in Gaza, killing 2,251 Palestinians, including 551 children, is not an anti-Semitic trope. It is a fact.

The U.S. refusal, including in the United Nations and other international bodies, to criticize Israel’s apartheid state and routine violation of international law is not an anti-Semitic trope. It is a fact.

The well-funded campaigns by the Israel lobby, which works closely with Israel’s Ministry of Strategic Affairs, to discredit any American politician or academic who even slightly deviates from Israeli policy is not an anti-Semitic trope. It is a fact.......

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/israe ... -politics/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

South West Claret.

Post by South West Claret. » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:49 pm

Rowls wrote:The OP put out a request to discover instances of antisemitism in the Labour party and I am providing them in response.

There's no condescension and no 'whataboutery' from me - I am providing links with evidence of antisemitism in Jeremy Corbyn's Labour party. In response to a request for them.

Feel free to declare these instances as some kind of "Jewish conspiracy" or part of an "orchestrated attack" on Jeremy Corbyn if you will.

I am providing them with as little comment as possible.
So Rowls have you read my post 51? If not I dare you too and then tell us it’s not a set up.

corporal jones
Been Liked: 96 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by corporal jones » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:29 pm

Stayingup wrote:Just do a check on Luciana Berger labour MP.
Ok done that-but the examples on that page were not of labour Party members of officials. Furthermore, it makes claims that AS abuse took place but never says what actually happened.

corporal jones
Been Liked: 96 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by corporal jones » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:52 pm

Rowls wrote:Whereabouts do you live corporal jones? Wherever you're stuck I hope you don't live under a hard place, that would be awful.

Anyway, here's a piece which chronicles some (but certainly not all, and certainly not the instances committed by minor Labour party members)

Warning - before clicking on the link be aware that this is a piece of journalism written by the "MSM" and I think we all know what that means *nudge nudge* *wink wink*

Your Helpful Guide To Antisemitism in the Labour Party:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45030552" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Im not sure i follow your meaning my friend. I was simply asking a question for clarification purposes only and not wishing to take sides. I honestly have no idea what your comment about "hard Place" means. Unless like most posters on here you are just an ignorant sarcastic buffoon who cant give a simple response or offer a counter opinion to an OP without resorting to ridicule. I do hope my crticism of you is not misconstrued in any way.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:40 am

corporal jones wrote:Im not sure i follow your meaning my friend. I was simply asking a question for clarification purposes only and not wishing to take sides. I honestly have no idea what your comment about "hard Place" means. Unless like most posters on here you are just an ignorant sarcastic buffoon who cant give a simple response or offer a counter opinion to an OP without resorting to ridicule. I do hope my crticism of you is not misconstrued in any way.
Hello corporal jones

I'm sorry that my responses have upset you.

When you posted asking for examples of antisemitism in the OP, I imagined that you were asking for people to provide you with examples of antisemitism.

It would appear that I have 'misconstrued' the request somehow because acting on it has caused you get all shouty and nasty.

I've no idea why you would ask for examples of antisemitism but then get angry when people spend time posting examples of antisemitism for you.

As for the 'hard place' unfortunately you have to actually *think* a little bit to understand what I meant by that. It's a reference to where you may have been living over the past few years to have seemingly missed any examples of antisemitism in the Labour party.

I'm happy to continue posting examples of antisemitism as and when they happen though.

You're welcome.

Rowls

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:48 pm

corporal jones wrote:Can someone help me out. The news is full of the Labour party's apparent problem with anti semetism, but as yet I haven't heard any reports of what specific anti Semitic acts have taken place.
Hi again corporal jones

Here's the latest incident to make the headlines

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/memb ... d-1.482318" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You're welcome

Rowls

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:51 pm

Rowls wrote:Hi again corporal jones

Here's the latest incident to make the headlines

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/memb ... d-1.482318" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You're welcome

Rowls
That's criticism of Israel, not antisemitism.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:16 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:That's criticism of Israel, not antisemitism.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:50 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:That's criticism of Israel, not antisemitism.
One and the same for many, just like it is with Islam/racism...

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5081 times
Has Liked: 6890 times

Post by bfcjg » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:55 pm

Israel can only ever lose one war. Is it any wonder they are aggresive towards threats ? Id sooner live in Israel then any other country in the middle east.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:01 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:One and the same for many, just like it is with Islam/racism...
Except in this case turtle hasn't even said what is or isn't antisemitism - he's stated that *it* is criticism of Israel without even mentioning what *it* is.

The police are currently conducting an investigation into whether they believe the comment are "criticism of Israel" so there is a strong possibility they may decide that the comments are anti-semitic. The lady in question was even arrested as part of this ongoing investigation.

Of course, the police aren't infallible but they *tend* not to go around arresting people who simply question Israeli policies. Lord knows, there's plenty of people criticising Israel out there.

But this lady got arrested. No matter - no decision has been made whether to charge her so we shouldn't make hasty judgements. Due process and all that.

Whether the police decide to pass on their findings to the CPS and whether the CPS decide to prosecute her or not is not the point being made here.

The point is that somebody from Jeremy Corbyn's office made the decision to block her suspension her from the Labour party even though she is currently subject to an ongoing police investigation into possible anti-semitism. This is despite Jeremy Corbyn claiming people from his office do not interfere in the process of suspending Labour party members accused of anti-semitism.

Not that you could have guessed any of this from turtles "not antisemitism, just criticism of Israel" response.

If he even knew any of this before he made that post. Which is questionable.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:03 pm

Here's the Times take on the story:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/corb ... -6qmg9z87v" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's probably behind a paywall.

Here's a Twitter feed explaining the story:

https://twitter.com/Gabriel_Pogrund/sta ... 3530095616" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1820 times
Has Liked: 1800 times

Post by dougcollins » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:22 pm

bfcjg wrote:Israel can only ever lose one war. Is it any wonder they are aggresive towards threats ? Id sooner live in Israel then any other country in the middle east.

See you then.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:52 pm

corporal jones wrote:Can someone help me out. The news is full of the Labour party's apparent problem with anti semetism, but as yet I haven't heard any reports of what specific anti Semitic acts have taken place.
Hi corporal jones

Here's the latest incident:

Apparently it transpires that waaaaay back in 2011 Jeremy Corbyn (MP for Islington North) wrote to the then Home Secretary decrying the decision to ban an Islamist cleric/scholar from the UK. The Islamist in question is on record explaining how Jews use the blood of babies to bake bread (hence why he was banned from the UK).

Jeremy Corbyn thought the ban was unacceptable and that it was part of a "Zionist plot" which, in his own words, "seems to conflate criticism of Israel with anti-semitism".

https://twitter.com/magnitsky/status/11 ... 4784778240" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll keep posting these incidents as and when they happen or, as in this case, when they come to public attention.

You're welcome

Rowls
This user liked this post: dermotdermot

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2634 times
Has Liked: 6459 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:00 pm

Rowls wrote:Hi corporal jones

Here's the latest incident:

Apparently it transpires that waaaaay back in 2011 Jeremy Corbyn (MP for Islington North) wrote to the then Home Secretary decrying the decision to ban an Islamist cleric/scholar from the UK. The Islamist in question is on record explaining how Jews use the blood of babies to bake bread (hence why he was banned from the UK).

Jeremy Corbyn thought the ban was unacceptable and that it was part of a "Zionist plot" which, in his own words, "seems to conflate criticism of Israel with anti-semitism".

https://twitter.com/magnitsky/status/11 ... 4784778240" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll keep posting these incidents as and when they happen or, as in this case, when they come to public attention.

You're welcome

Rowls
Do you only ever read the bits you want to read?

Corbyn's was supported by Diana Nelson in that article, a representative for Jews for Justice for Palestine. It is beginning to be apparent that if it has a slight at Corbyn you're willing to call in Antisemitism.

South West Claret.

Post by South West Claret. » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:01 pm

Oh not that old “lets keep slurring and if we keep saying it enough times then people will think it’s true” line.

Getting a bit sick and tired of this pack of trumped up propaganda.

How’s the illegal occupation of Palestine by the Zionists from Israel going these days Rowls ?

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:39 am

South West Claret. wrote:Oh not that old “lets keep slurring and if we keep saying it enough times then people will think it’s true” line.

Getting a bit sick and tired of this pack of trumped up propaganda.

How’s the illegal occupation of Palestine by the Zionists from Israel going these days Rowls ?
corporal jones asked for instances of anti-semitism and I am providing them in line with his request.

Please start other threads for whataboutery.

South West Claret.

Post by South West Claret. » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:40 am

Rowls wrote:corporal jones asked for instances of anti-semitism and I am providing them in line with his request.

Please start other threads for whataboutery.
Never mind the waffle just answer the question.

If it be your will
Been Liked: 500 times
Has Liked: 509 times

Post by If it be your will » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:50 am

Last edited by If it be your will on Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

South West Claret.

Post by South West Claret. » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:37 pm

Well Rowls?

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:18 pm

South West Claret. wrote:Well Rowls?
I've already said - it's off topic.

This is corporal jones thread on anti-semitism, specifically asking for examples of anti-semitism in the Labour party.

I am replying with relevant examples.

If you want to start a thread about Israel (which I'm sure you agree is different thing) then start a thread about Israel and engage with the people who respond.

All the best

Rowls

South West Claret.

Post by South West Claret. » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:28 pm

Rowls wrote:I've already said - it's off topic.

This is corporal jones thread on anti-semitism, specifically asking for examples of anti-semitism in the Labour party.

I am replying with relevant examples.

If you want to start a thread about Israel (which I'm sure you agree is different thing) then start a thread about Israel and engage with the people who respond.

All the best

Rowls
Stop wriggling Rowls of course so called anti-semitism in the Labour Party is connected with Israels illegal occupation of Palestine and all the thousands of people that Israel have provoked and murdered over the years. As I say answer the question please.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:53 am

South West Claret. wrote:Stop wriggling Rowls of course so called anti-semitism in the Labour Party is connected with Israels illegal occupation of Palestine and all the thousands of people that Israel have provoked and murdered over the years. As I say answer the question please.
I say it's off topic and start a proper thread for it.

You do you think you are, Jeremy Paxman?

Get over yourself.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

South West Claret.

Post by South West Claret. » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:09 am

Rowls wrote:I say it's off topic and start a proper thread for it.

You do you think you are, Jeremy Paxman?

Get over yourself.
I say it’s not off topic so we don’t need yet another thread.

Who do you think you are, Michael Howard?

Get over yourself.

Anyway do stop making excuses and answer the original question, there’s a good chap.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1160 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:31 am

I see SWC can add anti semitism to his “ well informed” pompous left wing drivel

South West Claret.

Post by South West Claret. » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:05 am

AlargeClaret wrote:I see SWC can add anti semitism to his “ well informed” pompous left wing drivel
An abusive and worthless post from AC alert!

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:15 am

corporal jones wrote:Can someone help me out. The news is full of the Labour party's apparent problem with anti semetism, but as yet I haven't heard any reports of what specific anti Semitic acts have taken place. I have no particular political axe to grind by the way. The Labour Party is a lot of things, but racist?
Hi again corporal jones

Here is the latest accusation to be levelled at Jeremy Corbyn directly:

The "Guido Fawkes" website has accused him of taking money directly from an organisation called the "Council for European Palestinian Relations" to fund his trip to lay a wreath at the memorial to an anti-semitic terrorist who murdered Jewish athletes.

What's wrong with taking money from an organisation called the Council for European Palestinian Relations, you may ask? Well, it serves as the political front for Hamas in Europe. If you don't know why that makes it an inherently anti-semitic entity then you I can enlighten you - just ask and I'll explain but I'm going to assume most people reading this thread will have a basic understanding of groups and terms such as Hamas/Hezbollah/Mossad/Labour Party etc

So that's the latest allegation. I don't know if Jeremy Corbyn has rebutted or refuted the accusation but you can read about it here:

https://order-order.com/2019/04/05/corb ... ying-trip/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They also accuse Jeremy Corbyn of fudging his figures so as to not have to make a full declaration of the trip. This in itself is piffle and a mere trifle but the question of why he went to such lengths to ensure the trip was -ostensibly- below the declaration threshold is certainly a matter of grave political importance.

As ever I'll continue to post these incidents as and when I am aware of them.

You're welcome,

Rowls

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:49 am

I have never known a movement like momentum in my lifetime.
Normal people accept that the political party they favour have flaws. These Corbynites though, follow him blindly and are completely unable to accept any criticism of him, no matter how glaringly obviously horrible it is.
It's sad that you almost respect the people who pretend not to be Corbynites more.
I'm just glad the occultist weirdos are a minority

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:03 am

Momentum are very hard work.

Using Guido Fawkes as a news source though is just like Breibart or that Alex Jones rubbish.

Frankie Boyle did rather nail Labour though

"Labour have finally thrown their weight behind a 2nd referendum on "leave or remain" ...but for the Jews"

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:58 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Using Guido Fawkes as a news source though is just like Breibart or that Alex Jones rubbish.

Frankie Boyle did rather nail Labour though
"Labour have finally thrown their weight behind a 2nd referendum on "leave or remain" ...but for the Jews"
The Guido Fawkes website is nothing, absolutely nothing, like Alex Jones.

In this instance they have published the evidence which backs up their story too so saying "it's only X website" isn't particularly informed.

The one thing they've done that a formally edited traditional media outlet may have shied away from is directly accusing Corbyn of being funded for the trip by the 'Council for European Palestinian Relations'. The evidence they have for that is only ambiguous - although the ambiguity is down to Corbyn's wording in official documents he submitted to Parliament (published in the article).

So in this instance, saying "it's only X website" is the same as saying "well it only came directly from Jeremy Corbyn's office..."

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:11 pm

Damo wrote:I have never known a movement like momentum in my lifetime.
Normal people accept that the political party they favour have flaws. These Corbynites though, follow him blindly and are completely unable to accept any criticism of him, no matter how glaringly obviously horrible it is.
It's sad that you almost respect the people who pretend not to be Corbynites more.
I'm just glad the occultist weirdos are a minority
People defend Corbyn because he's unfairly vilified by the media. If we look at the other side of the coin, do you honestly believe everything negative that has been said about him? If you were a person who broadly agreed with Corbyn politically, then you'd likely see the attacks on him as being part of an agenda against him (as opposed to it being an extraordinary coincidence). Some of my eldest daughter's friends dismiss out of hand any negative story about Corbyn as a 'Tory smear' without even looking into it. I don't think that necessarily means they follow him blindly (and none of them belong to Momentum), but many people have become so tired of the attacks on Corbyn that ignoring them becomes a default position. In this respect the media have cried wolf too often. It's politics, so if Corbyn's political ideas are bad - go ahead and attack them, but the media tend to concentrate on attacking him personally (as you say; in a "glaringly obviously horrible" way). If you support Corbyn, it's not hard to conclude that the media attack him because they're afraid of what his policies might mean for them.

As for Momentum, it's just one of many groupings within the Labour Party. The main advantage for any political party representing ordinary people will always be feet on the ground, just as the advantage for a political party representing moneyed interests will always be money. When the Labour Party under Tony Blair distanced itself from members, and instead sought donations from rich people, the membership inevitably collapsed and it left itself open to accusations that it no longer represented the interests of ordinary people. What Momentum have done is bring back to the fore issues such as austerity - which the Labour Party previously went along with - and knock on doors campaigning for Labour (in this they've been so effective the Tories have tried to copy them). Here is their website:

https://peoplesmomentum.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Rather than insulting people, why don't you give everyone the benefit of your intelligence and tell us what is wrong with the positions Momentum hold?
This user liked this post: longsidepies

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:18 pm

https://morningstaronline.co.uk/article ... es-exposed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Everyone knows about anti-Semitism in the political right, so I'm posting this just for the last line of the article.

AlargeClaret

Post by AlargeClaret » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:30 pm

:lol: God almighty posting a link from the morning star while trying to defend anti semitism in the Labour Party, can’t beat a bit of balance

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:58 pm

AlargeClaret wrote::lol: God almighty posting a link from the morning star while trying to defend anti semitism in the Labour Party, can’t beat a bit of balance
I had a look for the same story on the Mailonline, but they weren’t carrying it for some reason.
This user liked this post: longsidepies

AlargeClaret

Post by AlargeClaret » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:20 pm

AndrewJB wrote:I had a look for the same story on the Mailonline, but they weren’t carrying it for some reason.
:lol:

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:00 am

Are we allowed to criticise this? Just want to check with the anti-PC brigade who think that anything bad said about Israel is anti-semitism which they absolutely, definitely care deeply about.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-isra ... SKCN1RI0JY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:05 am

I think we can definitely say that's a dick move and shouldn't really be allowed to go ahead.

No one will stop it though.