Anti semetism

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Re: Anti semetism

Post by Spijed » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:34 pm

Rowls wrote:Hi Spijed,

Are you really asking me why I should be concerned with apparently widespread racism infecting a mainstream UK political party?

Should that need spelling out to you?

Really?
Racism is rife in the Tory party but you don't seem to post much about that do you?

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:51 pm

Damo wrote:Is there any of the boards "Liberals" that this thread doesn't appear to have angered a little?

I highlighted the word "Liberals" because I dont mean actual liberals really. Those who will find anti-semitism just as unpalatable as every other kind of racism
Why are you trolling?

If you're not trolling then do you agree that a lot of times some accusations of antisemitism are false because what has been said isn't antisemitism but instead something that is commonly called antisemitism as a means to shut down the criticism of a particular Jewish person or country?

Do you accept that that happens, just like it similarly happens when someone calls someone else an "Islamophobe" based on that person saying something that is often falsely described as Islamophobic as a means to shut down criticism of a particular Muslim person or country?

If i were to look through threads where people have been accused of Islamophobia or racism, and in which you've expressed an opinion on that accusation, do you think i will find roughly an equal rate of "the word 'racist' so over used" type comments from you as there are "the word 'antisemite' is so overused" type comments from you in this thread? Or do you think there will be a higher/lower rate? I think it'd be higher.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:52 pm

Spijed wrote:Racism is rife in the Tory party but you don't seem to post much about that do you?
No body else does really. Most of the people who oppose racism, and would therefore criticise racists, tend to have the ability to avoid unfairly smearing large groups of people based on a minority of those in that group.

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:06 pm

In this an insight into the views that Mr. Corbyn holds?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news ... -x6nd73jrq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll summarise as it's behind a pay wall.

Jeremy wrote the 2011 foreword to a reprint of a book which argued that banks and the press were controlled by Jews, endorsing JA Hobson’s 1902 "Imperialism: A Study". Jeremy called it a “great tome”, praising Hobson’s “brilliant, and very controversial at the time” analysis of the “pressures” behind imperialism.

In that book, Hobson argued those pressures were brought to bear by finance controlled in Europe “by men of a single and peculiar race, who have behind them many centuries of financial experience” and “are in a unique position to control the policy of nations” adding “Does anyone seriously suppose that a great war could be undertaken by any European State, or a great State loan subscribed, if the house of Rothschild and its connections set their face against it?”

Hobson’s writings have been criticised as anti-Semitic. In another book, "The War in South Africa: Its Causes and Effects", Hobson blamed “a small group of international financiers, chiefly German in origin and Jewish in race” for the Boer War. He added that “the rich and powerful liquor trade . . . is entirely in the hands of Jews . . . the stock exchange is needless to say, mostly Jewish . . . the press of Johannesburg is chiefly their property”.

Rowls
Been Liked: 5065 times
Has Liked: 5124 times

Post by Rowls » Wed May 01, 2019 2:05 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:He made that Facebook post in 2012. Where was your outrage then? If what Corbyn said was so anti-Semitic then why have you not expressed disgust at the fact that Labour did nothing about it in 2012?

We both know why.
The real answer is because nobody cared what the crank known as Jeremy Corbyn said back in 2012. He was a joke all his political life until he was elected by momentum members in 2016.

Then it became important.
This user liked this post: Vino blanco

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Wed May 01, 2019 2:07 am

Greenmile wrote:No. He isn’t. Try reading the question again - you can move your lips if it helps - and then try answering it.
Or you could just accuse me of being dull again. That usually works.
Hello Greenmile

Let me know when you're appointed spijed's personal spokesman or have power of attorney.

Then I'll address you on matters directly concerning spijed's opinions.

Until then, keep on posting - it's always so informative and fun when you post.

Rowls
This user liked this post: Damo

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Wed May 01, 2019 2:09 am

Spijed wrote:Racism is rife in the Tory party but you don't seem to post much about that do you?
Racism is not rife in the Conservative Party.

And if I were to post about the racism that does occur in the Conservative Party it would not be on a thread about anti-semitism in Jeremy Corbyn's Labour Party.

As I keep telling people who keep veering off topic on this thread - if you want to start another thread (for example, "Islamophobia in the Conservative Party" then go ahead!

You can even do the equivalent of what I do and post regular examples that make the press.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Wed May 01, 2019 2:40 am

Apparently new revelation of yet more historic actions from Jeremy Corbyn.

Story broke in The Times yesterday, 30th April so it's yet another link to another story (although thatdright posted it above too):

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/corb ... -6jfcmh5fp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4241 times

Post by Greenmile » Wed May 01, 2019 3:59 am

Rowls wrote:Hello Greenmile

Let me know when you're appointed spijed's personal spokesman or have power of attorney.

Then I'll address you on matters directly concerning spijed's opinions.

Until then, keep on posting - it's always so informative and fun when you post.

Rowls
Yep. Thought so. Anything to avoid addressing the point being made. Pompous hypocritical prick.

You couldn’t give a stuff about anti-semitism or any other kind of racism for that matter, except to dismiss it when it does occur. That much is clear from your posting history. This is all about you taking any opportunity to have a pop at Labour.

Pretending to care about racism in order to do so makes you the worst kind of opportunistic ****.

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2590 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Wed May 01, 2019 7:15 am

It’s a fairly typical thread this. Except the ‘whataboutery’ isn’t coming from the usual suspects. Just shows how partisan politics is I guess. That cartoon in the NY newspaper used the classic anti Semitic trope of Jews controlling politicians and government and yet it’s the wokest of us who refuse to see it.

The left has a problem. Denying it doesn’t seem to be helping, just backing them further into a corner and doubling down on the denials. Much like a Brexit voter.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed May 01, 2019 7:29 am

NottsClaret wrote:It’s a fairly typical thread this. Except the ‘whataboutery’ isn’t coming from the usual suspects. Just shows how partisan politics is I guess. That cartoon in the NY newspaper used the classic anti Semitic trope of Jews controlling politicians and government and yet it’s the wokest of us who refuse to see it.

The left has a problem. Denying it doesn’t seem to be helping, just backing them further into a corner and doubling down on the denials. Much like a Brexit voter.
Who has refused to see it? Show me their posts.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed May 01, 2019 7:45 am

NottsClaret wrote:It’s a fairly typical thread this. Except the ‘whataboutery’ isn’t coming from the usual suspects. Just shows how partisan politics is I guess. That cartoon in the NY newspaper used the classic anti Semitic trope of Jews controlling politicians and government and yet it’s the wokest of us who refuse to see it.

This whole thread is littered with posts from those who are the first to be offended on someone else's behalf when it comes to racism towards 1 group, but when racism is done by a party they vote for or it is aimed at a group of people they dislike seems it is fine to either defend, ignore or accept it.

Weakens there own stance towards racism when so many others can see this.
This user liked this post: Damo

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed May 01, 2019 7:54 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:This whole thread is littered with posts from those who are the first to be offended on someone else's behalf when it comes to racism towards 1 group, but when racism is done by a party they vote for or it is aimed at a group of people they dislike seems it is fine to either defend, ignore or accept it.

Weakens there own stance towards racism when so many others can see this.

Do you have any examples of those posts?

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed May 01, 2019 8:00 am

Have a day off being a balloon, you are one of the worst for it.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed May 01, 2019 8:06 am

It's amazing how easy it is to trip some people up by simply asking for them to support their own claims. They get so angry.
claretonthecoast1882 wrote:Have a day off being a balloon, you are one of the worst for it.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed May 01, 2019 8:10 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:It's amazing how easy it is to trip some people up by simply asking for them to support their own claims. They get so angry.

You are mistaken (again) I am not angry in the slightest, just my life isn't dull enough to entertain you for periods longer than a couple of minutes.

Just amusing how when a hypocrite and a liar tells everyone on this board how they should act towards others yet you find it hard yourself to do so, you are still banging on the Trump thread (despite you not being bothered about Trump you claim) now you are offended due him snubbing a teacher due to his colour in your view. Like I said you can tolerate racism if done by your side or towards people you don't like.

"Do as I say not as I do" - should be your lifestyle tattoo

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed May 01, 2019 8:19 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:You are mistaken (again) I am not angry in the slightest, just my life isn't dull enough to entertain you for periods longer than a couple of minutes.

Just amusing how when a hypocrite and a liar tells everyone on this board how they should act towards others yet you find it hard yourself to do so, you are still banging on the Trump thread (despite you not being bothered about Trump you claim) now you are offended due him snubbing a teacher due to his colour in your view. Like I said you can tolerate racism if done by your side or towards people you don't like.

"Do as I say not as I do" - should be your lifestyle tattoo
Wouldn't it have just been quicker to quote one of the posts to support your point instead of making up all this nonsense to explain your refusal to "entertain [me] for period longer than a couple of minutes"?

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Wed May 01, 2019 8:20 am

Well we have certainly seen peoples real views about racism on this thread.
So much anger directed at Rowls, simply for defending Jewish people against anti-semitism.
Well done Rowls. Dont let the racists silence you

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed May 01, 2019 8:22 am

Damo wrote:Well we have certainly seen peoples real views about racism on this thread.
So much anger directed at Rowls, simply for defending Jewish people against anti-semitism.
Well done Rowls. Dont let the racists silence you
Which posts?

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Wed May 01, 2019 8:44 am

I’m afraid I don’t agree with you here. Anti-Semitism isn’t a “problem of the left” but a problem of society. It is getting more attention on the left, because most of the press focus is there, and because Labour has a zero tolerance approach to it. It’s not whataboutery to look at anti-Semitism in a wider view than just on the political left. What was the NYT thinking in running a cartoon like that? However it’s also true that the two men who attacked synagogues in the US were right wing extremists. In the same way as we see the Tories and their media desperate to connect Corbyn with anti-Semitism (this latest attempt being his comments on a book about imperialism which has some ant-Semitic passages), while celebrating as “Britain’s greatest prime minister” - Churchill - who himself had a documented racist past.

Damo

Post by Damo » Wed May 01, 2019 11:12 am

IMG_20190501_111027.jpg
IMG_20190501_111027.jpg (80.54 KiB) Viewed 2032 times

AndyClaret
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 543 times

Post by AndyClaret » Wed May 01, 2019 2:25 pm

AndrewJB wrote:I’m afraid I don’t agree with you here. Anti-Semitism isn’t a “problem of the left” but a problem of society. It is getting more attention on the left, because most of the press focus is there, and because Labour has a zero tolerance approach to it. It’s not whataboutery to look at anti-Semitism in a wider view than just on the political left. What was the NYT thinking in running a cartoon like that? However it’s also true that the two men who attacked synagogues in the US were right wing extremists. In the same way as we see the Tories and their media desperate to connect Corbyn with anti-Semitism (this latest attempt being his comments on a book about imperialism which has some ant-Semitic passages), while celebrating as “Britain’s greatest prime minister” - Churchill - who himself had a documented racist past.
So he was present, but not involved in the laying of a wreath,
He liked an Anti-semetic poster that he hadn't seen,
and he wrote the foreword to a book that he hadn't read.

Keep drinking that Kool Aid.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Wed May 01, 2019 2:50 pm

Greenmile wrote:Yep. Thought so. Anything to avoid addressing the point being made. Pompous hypocritical prick.

You couldn’t give a stuff about anti-semitism or any other kind of racism for that matter, except to dismiss it when it does occur.

Pretending to care about racism in order to do so makes you the worst kind of opportunistic ****.
Very happy to have opinions out in the open and for everybody to understand what the other side thinks.

I've accused you of being boorish and boring in the past but this is the most enlightening thing you've ever said.

Thank you Greenmile, thank you.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Wed May 01, 2019 2:52 pm

corporal jones wrote:Can someone help me out. The news is full of the Labour party's apparent problem with anti semetism, but as yet I haven't heard any reports of what specific anti Semitic acts have taken place. I have no particular political axe to grind by the way. Is it just that the Westminster elite think it's important and don't realise that the rest of the country is more concerned with getting through life at the moment. The Labour Party is a lot of things, but racist?
Hi corporal jones

Here's a twitter account you might wish to follow which seeks to highlight examples of anti-semitism amongst the left wing. It's exactly the sort of thing you were looking for.

https://twitter.com/GnasherJew" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I couldn't vouch for how reliable or unbiased the account is but it claims to be run by an ex-Labour member who left the party as a result of anti-semitism.

As ever, you're welcome

Rowls

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Wed May 01, 2019 3:22 pm

Greenmile wrote:You couldn’t give a stuff about anti-semitism or any other kind of racism for that matter, except to dismiss it when it does occur. That much is clear from your posting history. This is all about you taking any opportunity to have a pop at Labour.
Imploding Turtle wrote:... i dont' think you actually give a **** about the anti-Semitism. You didn't give a **** about it when the Labour party had more right-wing leadership that it currently has ... And if you cared about the anti-Semitism you'd be applauding the fact that it's being brought out into the open under Corbyn, and wonder why it remained an unaddressed problem under previous leaders.
Hello boys!

Here's a tweet from that lovely Count Dankula for you both.

https://twitter.com/CountDankulaTV/stat ... 6242936832" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(NB: It's not an example of anti-semitism)

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Wed May 01, 2019 4:29 pm

AndyClaret wrote:So he was present, but not involved in the laying of a wreath,
He liked an Anti-semetic poster that he hadn't seen,
and he wrote the foreword to a book that he hadn't read.

Keep drinking that Kool Aid.
You're hanging on to three very flimsy pieces of evidence to connect Corbyn to anti-Semitism (in the face of a lifetime of opposing racism), and yet I'm the one on Koolaid?

Considering the hatred the Sun, Mail, Telegraph, etc have for Corbyn, did it occur to you that they might sometimes obscure the facts or twist things in order to fit their narrative that he's the devil incarnate? I've never read it, but it wouldn't surprise me to learn that the Mail's "expose" on the wreath laying didn't mention that Corbyn was accompanied by a Tory peer and a LibDem MP, and the wreath commemorated innocent victims of a bombing. This is the same Mail happy to indulge in gratuitous anti-Semitism attacking the long dead father of the previous Labour leader (not to mention their role in pushing public opinion against accepting Jewish refugees during the 30's - remind you of anything more recent?).

As for the book, are you suggesting that Corbyn liked the book because of its anti-Semitic passages, or would you accept that he liked the book as a work on Imperialism, but that doesn't mean he necessarily agreed with everything in it? If it's the former, then by your reasoning, everyone who celebrates Churchill as a great prime minister must also be condoning his racism (and pig-headed and poor military judgement).

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Wed May 01, 2019 4:37 pm

AndrewJB wrote:... the wreath laying didn't mention that Corbyn was accompanied by a Tory peer and a LibDem MP...
Well, that's made up for a start...

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Wed May 01, 2019 4:50 pm

Rowls wrote:Hello boys!

https://twitter.com/CountDankulaTV/stat ... 6242936832" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe you'd like to provide some evidence of the many other times you've previously called out racism on here, which don't also involve having a pop at Corbyn or Labour. That would settle the matter and I'd gladly apologise.

I've asked you to do this before, but you ducked the question, as I'm confident you'll do again.

Do you need me to find all the examples of you defending racists again? Because I can and I will. We both know you're a hypocrite when it comes to this topic.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed May 01, 2019 5:00 pm

Rowls wrote:Hello boys!

Isn't he just making your case for you hating Corbyn?

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Thu May 02, 2019 11:47 am

Rowls wrote:Why do I write Jeremy Corbyn's Labour Party?

Well, here are the instances of anti-semisitism I can recall in Tony Blair's Labour Party:

And here are the instances of anti-semitism I can recall in Gordon Brown's Labour Party:

And here are the instances of anti-semitism I can recall in Ed Miliband's Labour Party:

1. A comment about that bacon sandwich, intended as a joke

Perhaps (just perhaps) a man who goes to lay wreaths at the graves of anti-semitic murderers, who bemoans the painting over of openly anti-semitic murals, who calls murderous proscribed terrorist organisations his 'friends' has created a party that is, shall we say, more susceptible to accusations of anti-semitism?

Or perhaps (just perhaps) it's only the line of what has already been posted on this thread:
I've no particular dog in this fight but surely you're being inconsistent at best here. For instance the stories you've linked/mentioned suggest:

And here are the instances of anti-semitism I can recall in Ed Miliband's Labour Party:

2. Jeremy Corbyn commenting on Facebook re: freedom of speech and anti-semitic graffiti
3. Jeremy Corbyn writing the foreword to an anti-semitic book
4. Richard Burgon saying "Zionism is the enemy of peace"
5. Naz Shah reposted an anti-semitic map on twitter
etc

Just because historic issues are coming to light now doesn't mean they're in relation to "Jeremy Corbyn's Labour Party". You can't have it both ways, if you're going to link all these stories then at least be accurate about the implications.

As an aside, I was amused by you describing a website that has received hundreds of thousands in donations from the Koch brothers as left wing.
This user liked this post: Imploding Turtle

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1942 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Thu May 02, 2019 12:16 pm

Rowls tying himself in knots. Who would have thought.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu May 02, 2019 12:18 pm

You don't have to comment anymore on these. He eventually blows his own head off.

You just have to watch and enjoy.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Thu May 02, 2019 2:12 pm

Here I am posting examples of possible anti-semitism and it somehow constitutes "tying myself in knots".

All I'm doing is posting examples of things.

Here's the latest thing to come to the surface - it would appear that Jeremy Corbyn believes the Israeli government exerts control over the BBC:

https://order-order.com/2019/05/02/corb ... uence-bbc/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu May 02, 2019 2:20 pm

Rowls wrote:Here I am posting examples of possible anti-semitism and it somehow constitutes "tying myself in knots".

All I'm doing is posting examples of things.

Here's the latest thing to come to the surface - it would appear that Jeremy Corbyn believes the Israeli government exerts control over the BBC:

https://order-order.com/2019/05/02/corb ... uence-bbc/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now we're getting confused, because i thought people who equated "Israeli government" with "Jews" were bring antisemitic. Is that not actually true?

Is "Israeli government" synonymous with "Jews" or not? If i criticise the Israeli government for something am I being antisemitic now? Because i was under the impression that what was antisemitic was blaming and criticising Jews for the actions of the Israeli government.

Please clarify.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Thu May 02, 2019 2:24 pm

aggi wrote:I've no particular dog in this fight but surely you're being inconsistent at best here. For instance the stories you've linked/mentioned suggest:

2. Jeremy Corbyn commenting on Facebook re: freedom of speech and anti-semitic graffiti
3. Jeremy Corbyn writing the foreword to an anti-semitic book
4. Richard Burgon saying "Zionism is the enemy of peace"
5. Naz Shah reposted an anti-semitic map on twitter
etc

Just because historic issues are coming to light now doesn't mean they're in relation to "Jeremy Corbyn's Labour Party". You can't have it both ways, if you're going to link all these stories then at least be accurate about the implications.
I'm glad you mentioned Naz Shah - she was working as shadow chancellor John McDonnell's parliamentary under secretary when her comments came to light, and stepped down.

Funnily enough she kept her seat on a committee that was ... investigating anti-semitism.

Fortunately for her she announced that her views on Israel (denounced as "offensive and unacceptable" by Jeremy Corbyn) had moderated in the 20 months since they were made but before they became publicly common knowledge.

Shah has acknowledged that she has posted anti-semitic posts but says that she is not anti-semitic. So although she has been racist, she isn't actually a racist.

How did Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell treat her defence of "ignorance" for her "offensive and unacceptable" anti-semitism?

She was immediately reinstated following a brief suspension. In July 2018 she was appointed Shadow Minister of State for Women and Equalities for Jeremy Corbyn's Labour Party.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Thu May 02, 2019 2:25 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Now we're getting confused, because i thought people who equated "Israeli government" with "Jews" were bring antisemitic. Is that not actually true?

Is "Israeli government" synonymous with "Jews" or not? If i criticise the Israeli government for something am I being antisemitic now? Because i was under the impression that what was antisemitic was blaming and criticising Jews for the actions of the Israeli government.

Please clarify.
Happy to clarify: I'm not confused at all.

I'm just posting examples of what may be anti-semitism in Jeremy Corbyn's Labour Party.

Sorry if this has confused you.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu May 02, 2019 2:34 pm

Rowls wrote:Happy to clarify: I'm not confused at all.

I'm just posting examples of what may be anti-semitism in Jeremy Corbyn's Labour Party.

Sorry if this has confused you.
You've clarified nothing.

Is equating the "Israeli government" with "Jews" antisemitic, or not?

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Thu May 02, 2019 2:39 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:You've clarified nothing.
Is equating the "Israeli government" with "Jews" antisemitic, or not?
I can see you're getting yourself tied up in knots - I'm not here to arbitrate on what may or may not be anti-semitic. I have already explained this to you very clearly on this thread.

I'm simply posting examples of potential anti-semitism as and when they occur or when they come into the public sphere.

People can decide for themselves whether it constitutes as anti-semitism in Jeremy Corbyn's Labour Party.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Thu May 02, 2019 2:43 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:You don't have to comment anymore on these. He eventually blows his own head off.
You just have to watch and enjoy.
Nobody has to comment.

I'm not passing comment on the examples either - I'm just posting them for people to examine and consider for the themselves.

It's strange and a bit disturbing that you find potentially anti-semitic comments to be enjoyable. But what the hey - it was generally acceptable to laugh at racist comics in the 1970s. Hopefully others take anti-semitism more seriously.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu May 02, 2019 2:49 pm

I think Rowls' comments in this thread are potentially antisemitic. Of course we can't know for sure because he refuses to answer questions, but i'll let everyone else decide for themselves.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Thu May 02, 2019 2:54 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I think Rowls' comments in this thread are potentially antisemitic. Of course we can't know for sure because he refuses to answer questions, but i'll let everyone else decide for themselves.
I'm sorry you find this thread on racism to be such an opportunity to be flippant.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu May 02, 2019 2:58 pm

Rowls wrote:I'm sorry you find this thread on racism to be such an opportunity to be flippant.
And i'm sorry that you see racism as an opportunity to be nakedly partisan.
This user liked this post: Greenmile

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Thu May 02, 2019 3:11 pm

I am unashamed about my anti-racism.

I am proud to be nakedly partisan in the fight against racism.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu May 02, 2019 3:18 pm

Rowls wrote:I am unashamed about my anti-racism.

I am proud to be nakedly partisan in the fight against racism.

OK. I was fully prepared to make the case that you only care about antisemitism when you think you can criticise Labour for it, but if you're just going to come out and admit it then it saves me some time.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Thu May 02, 2019 8:29 pm

Rowls wrote:I can see you're getting yourself tied up in knots - I'm not here to arbitrate on what may or may not be anti-semitic. I have already explained this to you very clearly on this thread.

I'm simply posting examples of potential anti-semitism as and when they occur or when they come into the public sphere.

People can decide for themselves whether it constitutes as anti-semitism in Jeremy Corbyn's Labour Party.
The words “potential” and “possible” seem to be doing a lot of heavy lifting in some Rowls’ posts. Pretty much anything is “potential” or “possible” anti-semitism, so there’s no arguing that all of his links etc are indeed potentially examples of anti-semitism.

It’s a bit of a ****’s trick though. I’m sure if someone were to say that Rowls is a potential terrorist that he’d be most upset, and rightly so.

It’s still true though.

Of course, I’m not here to arbitrate on whether Rowls actually is a terrorist. Why would I be? People can decide that for themselves.

(Here’s a fun game. Who can guess what word I substituted “terrorist” for before hitting submit?)

Damo

Post by Damo » Thu May 02, 2019 9:20 pm

Character assassination now.
The way people defend anti-semitism on here, is like something straight out of the alt-right play book

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Thu May 02, 2019 9:25 pm

Damo wrote:Character assassination now.
The way people defend anti-semitism on here, is like something straight out of the alt-right play book
Who’s defending anti-semitism on here?

For that matter, who’s committing character assassination? (I presume you’re not referring to Rowls here)

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu May 02, 2019 9:28 pm

Damo wrote:Character assassination now.

Please cite a post in which someone is defending antisemitism. Just so that the rest of us know what and who you're talking about.
Last edited by Imploding Turtle on Thu May 02, 2019 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu May 02, 2019 9:28 pm

Greenmile wrote:Who’s defending anti-semitism on here?

For that matter, who’s committing character assassination? (I presume you’re not referring to Rowls here)
No one is, which is why my request won't get fulfilled. He likes to do this to cause trouble. Accuse people of something without actually stating who he's accusing, or defining what it is he's accusing them of.

android
Been Liked: 119 times
Has Liked: 43 times

Post by android » Fri May 03, 2019 12:16 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:No one is, which is why my request won't get fulfilled. He likes to do this to cause trouble. Accuse people of something without actually stating who he's accusing, or defining what it is he's accusing them of.
You may not be defending anti-Semitism but it is obvious that you, Greenmile, AndrewJB and others are choosing to ignore the evidence of anti-Semitism because it rightly paints Corbyn in a very bad light.