Relegations !!!No Way !!!

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
davemanu2000
Been Liked: 1145 times
Has Liked: 99 times

Relegations !!!No Way !!!

Post by davemanu2000 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:23 am

It was an immense pleasure to watch the match Liverpool-Burnley live in Mauritius .We know the result but I dare say that it did not reflect the match .Burnley were never submerged by waves of Red attacks . Although they had more possession of balls ,we bravely defended and our attacks were dangerous . Of course we scored two goals which many clubs had not dared to do against Liverpool .
It could have ended 2-2 . Our goal keeper did a horrendous mistake which Gk of his calibre should not have committed .

When we scored our second goal ,our players were highly motivated and wanted to equalise . The defence left a lot of space and it resulted the 4th goal .

I may say Burnley played splendidly .But they were unlucky .Any how we have to pluck up courage and play for the remaining matches with determination .

Relegation !!! No way
These 5 users liked this post: Suratclaret Claret Guich tim_noone Masham Ale

jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4834 times
Has Liked: 947 times

Re: Relegations !!!No Way !!!

Post by jdrobbo » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:46 am

Good morning Dave. I agree with your comments and of how we played quite well in spells against Liverpool yesterday. I think we can all see that our use of the football needs to be better and of course, yesterday we had a terrible day, in terms of giving away goals to the opposition… One of those days where literally every mistake was punished by a class forward line. We need to take advantage in the next three games and the fans need to do their bit. Hope you’re well.

Longsidebogs
Been Liked: 60 times
Has Liked: 99 times

Post by Longsidebogs » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:47 am

Well said Dave. We should avoid relegation.......but I won’t rest until we are mathematically safe! UTC
This user liked this post: Woodleyclaret

Claret
Been Liked: 400 times
Has Liked: 655 times

Post by Claret » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:06 am

davemanu2000 wrote:It was an immense pleasure to watch the match Liverpool-Burnley live in Mauritius .We know the result but I dare say that it did not reflect the match .Burnley were never submerged by waves of Red attacks . Although they had more possession of balls ,we bravely defended and our attacks were dangerous . Of course we scored two goals which many clubs had not dared to do against Liverpool .
It could have ended 2-2 . Our goal keeper did a horrendous mistake which Gk of his calibre should not have committed .

When we scored our second goal ,our players were highly motivated and wanted to equalise . The defence left a lot of space and it resulted the 4th goal .

I may say Burnley played splendidly .But they were unlucky .Any how we have to pluck up courage and play for the remaining matches with determination .

Relegation !!! No way
Absolutely spot on in every respect.

RalphCoatesComb
Been Liked: 2416 times
Has Liked: 2115 times

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:30 am

Relegation?

Nah!

But stranger things have happened :(

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:34 am

It's just a pity the results went against us at weekend because losing at Liverpool is no disgrace and scoring two at Anfield is not something many do. I have no fears of relegation (yet) because I think 35 points will be enough but to ease anxiety we need to be there before our last 4 fixtures then we can play those big four games with some ease and confidence. Nothing to panic about (yet).

Guich
Been Liked: 472 times
Has Liked: 598 times

Post by Guich » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:00 am

Well said Dave.

We still have work to do, but I always thought, looking at Cardiff's fixtures, that if we were still ahead of them after we played Liverpool we'd be absolutely fine.

Like Huddersfield last season they have bagged a win every time they look doomed but Hudds weren't in the drop zone, and with Man U, Man C, Liverpool and Chelsea to play and then Fulham, Brighton and Us away and Palace at home they'd need a monumental increase in performance levels to get more than three points.

You're right Dave, just as when we lost to Pool in December the signs were good, and Tom won't play like that again.

jurek
Been Liked: 309 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by jurek » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:40 pm

Hopefully so as the nerves might not be able to take it if it became
a reality. But then with 8 games to go you never really know
and if we lose to Leicester then a few more will start twitching.
And even more if the same happens against Wolves.

I'd like to think we'll pick up 3 or 4 points from our next 3 games
before we face Cardiff and they lose their next two to Chelsea and Man City.

That'll put us 6/7 points ahead of them with a much better goal difference
and a win against them will almost certainly leave us well clear and them too much to do
in their last 4/5 games.

That's what I'm hoping and praying for.

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 930 times

Post by CombatClaret » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:59 pm

We will be relegated eventually. It's nearly a certainty unless some oil oligarch snaps us up.

Sooner people accept this they can start enjoying the ride and stop fixating on transfer windows.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:06 pm

We are too quick to write off the last four matches.

Huddersfield had the same fixtures last season and drew away to Chelsea & Man City.

jurek
Been Liked: 309 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by jurek » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:37 pm

I think the icing on the 'we are staying up' cake
would be to beat Arsenal at the Turf in our last game.

Last minute 30 yard winner scored by... well it doesn't really matter who scores it
but let's say Barnes and if not him then maybe McNeil.