Bangla Bantums

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Post Reply
BFCmaj
Posts: 846
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:38 pm
Been Liked: 334 times
Has Liked: 1924 times
Location: Rossendale

Bangla Bantums

Post by BFCmaj » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:05 pm

Great idea at Bradford City.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-475450 ... o-the-game" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fanzone
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:00 pm
Been Liked: 104 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Re: Bangla Bantums

Post by fanzone » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:34 pm

Ridiculous

ClaretAndJew
Posts: 6776
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:08 am
Been Liked: 2280 times
Has Liked: 462 times
Location: Earth

Re: Bangla Bantums

Post by ClaretAndJew » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:45 pm

fanzone wrote:Ridiculous
Why?

BFCmaj
Posts: 846
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:38 pm
Been Liked: 334 times
Has Liked: 1924 times
Location: Rossendale

Re: Bangla Bantums

Post by BFCmaj » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:05 pm

fanzone wrote:Ridiculous
???

theroyaldyche
Posts: 2681
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:26 pm
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Re: Bangla Bantums

Post by theroyaldyche » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:07 pm

fanzone wrote:Ridiculous
Correct

ClaretAndJew
Posts: 6776
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:08 am
Been Liked: 2280 times
Has Liked: 462 times
Location: Earth

Re: Bangla Bantums

Post by ClaretAndJew » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:09 pm

theroyaldyche wrote:Correct
Horrible person.
This user liked this post: theroyaldyche

BFCmaj
Posts: 846
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:38 pm
Been Liked: 334 times
Has Liked: 1924 times
Location: Rossendale

Re: Bangla Bantums

Post by BFCmaj » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:12 pm

theroyaldyche wrote:Correct
Wrong

bobinho
Posts: 4797
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:48 pm
Been Liked: 1970 times
Has Liked: 3052 times
Location: Burnley

Re: Bangla Bantums

Post by bobinho » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:23 am

Meat samosa, and a chicken pakora washed down with Bene and hot, BRING IT ON!

On a serious note, I have noticed a few more Asians/Pakistani supporters at the ground this season. Still think there’s more to be done tho to encourage the Asian community to get down the turf.
These 3 users liked this post: BFCmaj JohnDearyMe COBBLE

bfccrazy
Posts: 4670
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:18 pm
Been Liked: 1897 times
Has Liked: 390 times
Location: Burnley

Re: Bangla Bantums

Post by bfccrazy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:16 am

bobinho wrote:Meat samosa, and a chicken pakora washed down with Bene and hot, BRING IT ON!

On a serious note, I have noticed a few more Asians/Pakistani supporters at the ground this season. Still think there’s more to be done tho to encourage the Asian community to get down the turf.
Need Dyche to go for a start ;) :lol: :lol:

KeighleyClaret
Posts: 758
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:03 pm
Been Liked: 339 times
Has Liked: 86 times

Re: Bangla Bantums

Post by KeighleyClaret » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:20 am

What a great story. Makes me proud to live in this great City.

Why anyone would anyone want to criticise a move to encourage people to support the local team?

We could learn from them, we could do better.
These 7 users liked this post: bobinho BFCmaj Bosscat bfccrazy JohnDearyMe Claret dales_claret

thatdberight
Posts: 3779
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:49 am
Been Liked: 924 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Re: Bangla Bantams

Post by thatdberight » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:05 am

All the usual sandal-wearing liberals out as usual making out like it's nice. It's not. No matter how it's portrayed, they're not nice people, they don't share our values, don't really consider themselves part of the UK but part of something else and if you can't see that you're allowing the liberal media to brainwash you.

Wake up people and smell the coffee - they're from Yorkshire.

More seriously, a group of people from a social circle going to the match and having a bite beforehand. It shouldn't be a big deal.
Last edited by thatdberight on Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
These 3 users liked this post: Lancasterclaret Falcon Guller Bull

bfccrazy
Posts: 4670
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:18 pm
Been Liked: 1897 times
Has Liked: 390 times
Location: Burnley

Re: Bangla Bantums

Post by bfccrazy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:08 am

thatdberight wrote:All the usual sandal-wearing liberals out as usual making out like it's nice. It's not. No matter how it's portrayed, they're not nice people, they don't share our values, don't really consider themselves part of the UK but part of something else and if you can't see that you're allowing the liberal media to brainwash you.

Wake up people and smell the coffee - they're from Yorkshire.
:lol: :lol:

Asians are fine ...... them Yorkshire lot though :evil: :evil:

claretlegend
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:11 am
Been Liked: 75 times
Has Liked: 8 times

Re: Bangla Bantums

Post by claretlegend » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:13 am

It's great that the Asians that do want to integrate feel they can integrate. Some horrendous comments on here. Ashamed to be associated as a fellow claret.

NottsClaret
Posts: 2200
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:05 am
Been Liked: 1804 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Re: Bangla Bantums

Post by NottsClaret » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:16 am

'They're not like us, they make no attempt to join in and embrace our culture.'

**They join in and embrace our culture**

'Ridiculous! They've no place joining in with our culture!'
This user liked this post: Lancasterclaret

thatdberight
Posts: 3779
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:49 am
Been Liked: 924 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Re: Bangla Bantums

Post by thatdberight » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:26 am

claretlegend wrote:It's great that the Asians that do want to integrate feel they can integrate. Some horrendous comments on here. Ashamed to be associated as a fellow claret.
Did you read any of the comments? Or just assume that you'd have a chance to wring your hands to feel good about yourself? We have one comment of "Ridiculous" which could mean anything from, "Ridiculous that people like this are allowed in" to "Ridiculous this is still a story in 2019" to "Ridiculous bit of camera work". What else did you see?

snapcrackleandpop
Posts: 267
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:47 am
Been Liked: 69 times
Has Liked: 77 times

Re: Bangla Bantums

Post by snapcrackleandpop » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:31 am

Buckle up people.
This user liked this post: thatdberight

basil6345789
Posts: 1552
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:22 pm
Been Liked: 283 times
Has Liked: 1243 times

Re: Bangla Bantums

Post by basil6345789 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:31 am

The name seems not to encourage integration but remain a separate group within the crowd.

Falcon
Posts: 2807
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:40 pm
Been Liked: 793 times
Has Liked: 770 times
Location: Proudsville

Re: Bangla Bantams

Post by Falcon » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:11 pm

thatdberight wrote:All the usual sandal-wearing liberals out as usual making out like it's nice. It's not. No matter how it's portrayed, they're not nice people, they don't share our values, don't really consider themselves part of the UK but part of something else and if you can't see that you're allowing the liberal media to brainwash you.

Wake up people and smell the coffee - they're from Yorkshire.

More seriously, a group of people from a social circle going to the match and having a bite beforehand. It shouldn't be a big deal.

Insert 'they had us in the first half, not gonna lie' meme

MACCA
Posts: 12115
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:10 am
Been Liked: 3126 times

Re: Bangla Bantums

Post by MACCA » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:15 pm

basil6345789 wrote:The name seems not to encourage integration but remain a separate group within the crowd.
I have to admit that was my initial thought, however possibly by that name being heard around the city, it may get the curious people, or those who have questions to read up on them or get involved.

If that name gets one person a season to read up on them, or even join them watching just 1 game its been a step in the right direction.
Some people are afraid of the unknown and have a fear of trying something new or out of their comfort zone, it could be the missing link that gets those initial fears, questions or concerns out of the way.

Well done them, I hope it is a success.
This user liked this post: BFCmaj

thatdberight
Posts: 3779
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:49 am
Been Liked: 924 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Re: Bangla Bantums

Post by thatdberight » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:25 pm

basil6345789 wrote:The name seems not to encourage integration but remain a separate group within the crowd.
I've asked for Accy Clarets to be banned on the same grounds.
These 3 users liked this post: bfccrazy BFCmaj basil6345789

BFCmaj
Posts: 846
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:38 pm
Been Liked: 334 times
Has Liked: 1924 times
Location: Rossendale

Re: Bangla Bantums

Post by BFCmaj » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:22 pm

Personally, as I said in my original post, I think this is a great idea and I would love to see this going on more often. The idea that football can bring communities together should always be celebrated. Another great example of this is Wolves who have their own Punjabi Wolves Supporters Club and as a result, they have a massive following over in India. http://www.punjabiwolvessupporters.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My wife's parents are originally from India and moved over to this country in the late 60s. My father-in-law was a massive football fan and I really wished I could have taken him on a match before he passed away but I know he wouldn't have wanted to go as at the time he didn't feel comfortable with the idea.
My mother-in-law is also a football fan but I don't think she would particularly feel comfortable going to Turf Moor. I did take her on an England v Sweden women's Euros game at Ewood in 2005 and she loved it and it is still the only game she has ever been to but seeing this story on the BBC made me think about this and what a good way to socialise and also enjoy a game of footie at the same time.

AlargeClaret
Posts: 2025
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:55 pm
Been Liked: 638 times
Has Liked: 54 times

Re: Bangla Bantums

Post by AlargeClaret » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:53 pm

I’m amazed a club in a city as heavily populated with ( and influenced by) Asians like Bradford doesn’t have many Asian fans in the first place . Can’t see any issues with a group of Pakistani women and kids laden down with half time samosas watching their local team ,? In fact I can’t even see how it’s newsworrthy at all? I was under the impression something was happening akin to the abolition of slavery or the release of Mandela .

Claret
Posts: 560
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:57 pm
Been Liked: 209 times
Has Liked: 313 times

Re: Bangla Bantums

Post by Claret » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:13 pm

BFCmaj wrote:Great idea at Bradford City.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-475450 ... o-the-game" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ha ha. Fantastic.
I absolutely love it
These 2 users liked this post: dales_claret BFCmaj

LS7
Posts: 389
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:42 pm
Been Liked: 91 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Re: Bangla Bantums

Post by LS7 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:41 pm

Really nice feature and good luck to them.
This user liked this post: BFCmaj

bfccrazy
Posts: 4670
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:18 pm
Been Liked: 1897 times
Has Liked: 390 times
Location: Burnley

Re: Bangla Bantums

Post by bfccrazy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:53 pm

BFCmaj wrote:Personally, as I said in my original post, I think this is a great idea and I would love to see this going on more often. The idea that football can bring communities together should always be celebrated. Another great example of this is Wolves who have their own Punjabi Wolves Supporters Club and as a result, they have a massive following over in India. http://www.punjabiwolvessupporters.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My wife's parents are originally from India and moved over to this country in the late 60s. My father-in-law was a massive football fan and I really wished I could have taken him on a match before he passed away but I know he wouldn't have wanted to go as at the time he didn't feel comfortable with the idea.
My mother-in-law is also a football fan but I don't think she would particularly feel comfortable going to Turf Moor. I did take her on an England v Sweden women's Euros game at Ewood in 2005 and she loved it and it is still the only game she has ever been to but seeing this story on the BBC made me think about this and what a good way to socialise and also enjoy a game of footie at the same time.
Seen the Punjabi wolves popping up for years, they’re a massive part of the wolves fans nowadays.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xEeojV23MnE

I think the drinking side of them being Sikh will help bond over a few pints though as opposed to Pakistanis/bengalis in Burnley not wanting to go into pubs or have a beer (most anyway :lol:)

Post Reply