Relegation is imminent

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ArmchairDetective
Been Liked: 397 times
Has Liked: 367 times

Re: Relegation is imminent

Post by ArmchairDetective » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:41 am

burnley007 wrote:Are you one of those people who say 'It's only a game'?
Would you have preferred it if one result would have completely ruined my weekend? Get a grip man.
This user liked this post: Lancasterclaret

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:55 am

Maths still remain the same

We have to not lose to Cardiff and make sure we get the points in the other games.

Its still in our hands.
This user liked this post: Woodleyclaret

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1596 times
Has Liked: 888 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:59 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Maths still remain the same

We have to not lose to Cardiff and make sure we get the points in the other games.

Its still in our hands.
The problem is that Cardiff can now say the same thing seeing as we’ve let them back in it.

ArmchairDetective
Been Liked: 397 times
Has Liked: 367 times

Post by ArmchairDetective » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:00 am

Right_winger wrote:Wow to come up with this I have decided that you are;

a) very drunk
b) on drugs
c) Sean Dyche
d) a professional happy clapper
e) all of the above
I was not drunk, that came a little later. I do not take drugs. I object to being called a happy clapper - I call it as I see it. I may be Sean Dyche.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:04 am

Yes, they can

But if we have to do our job.

The last four games though are bloody worrying, especially yesterday but we are normally v good at parking the last performance away and dealing with the next challenge. That is what we have to do now.

But I've gone from being fairly confident to very pessimistic, mainly because we've not turned up for three games that we had a real chance in, and the defending and team organisation has fallen apart again.

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2272 times
Has Liked: 2153 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:07 am

SalisburyClaret wrote:We’ve just made things very difficult for ourselves and it looks like we’re relying on Cardiff to do worse than us for the remainder of the season
And if we are honest can you really be arsed with this next season as I don’t see us strengthening

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1676 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by warksclaret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:16 am

I love the optimism from some. Leicester are a mid table side, missing one of the country's best defenders for 86 minutes. WE will not have an easier game in the run in-we managed two shots on goal, one a free kick

Plus the previous super organization of the team is going-10 goals against in extra time, mistakes and you can sense from yesterday a lot of bitching creeping in when we concede which we have seen little of before

The points position after 38 games wont lie-if I was a Cardiff fan right now I would be more confident of staying up than a few weeks ago

I think time for a few tweaks-maybe a 5 man midfield with McNeil and JBG given more freedom to push up (the midfield space we gave them yesterday was immense-even with 10 men). Hate to say it but time to rest Bardsley (who has played well), but his crossing is not as good as Lowton, and yesterday our main threat came from McNeil and Taylor on the left. If we were going to score it would come via these two -just like the first goal

I think to face Wolves with the same starting 11 is asking for it. Wood and Barnes are not effective v a back three (as we saw with Newcastle both games)

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1179 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:34 am

Tall Paul wrote:It isn't out of our hands.
No it isn’t because we have to play them, but if we didn’t game for game it would be despite they tough run in.

yosserhughes
Been Liked: 36 times
Has Liked: 363 times

Post by yosserhughes » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:57 am

Hate to say it but time to rest Bardsley (who has played well), but his crossing is not as good

Sorry warks I know it's all about opinions but I thought Bardsley was one of the better players yesterday.

buzzclarets79
Been Liked: 227 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by buzzclarets79 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:44 pm

Burnleyareback2 wrote:If we do go down, why on earth would we ask him to leave?

We would need to ask him to stay.
Why would we ask him to stay? Maybe to spend another 30m on players that sit on the bench? Maybe to play more exciting attacking football?
Get him out and get someone that can actually play football and recruit better than a 38yr old has been.
Can’t even beat 10 men.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10916 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:13 pm

ArmchairDetective wrote:Absolutely. I’m not questioning your rights. I just don’t necessarily agree with the completely over the top reaction of some people on here after a performance that was maybe underwhelming but not that bad against a pretty decent side.
people show passion in different ways, I agree some probably do go a little OTT but I find the abuse they get and the accusation that they aren't a supporter and "should go and support someone else" the worst thing on here. I would sing myself hoarse every game supporting the team but would then debate a poor performance in the pub after the game (god knows we had lots) - that's all this place is

Greeny
Been Liked: 55 times
Has Liked: 19 times

Post by Greeny » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:36 pm

Bardsley has been great lately but was found out yesterday. JBG needed help yesterday. Bardsley is a far better defender than Lowton. However we needed Lowton bringing on with his overlapping + crossing ability. Bardsley struggles on that front. When we are also relying on Ben Mee to find a Burnley player with any pass you know you are in serious trouble. He’s a fabulous defender but he has the ball playing skills + distribution of Stevie Wonder.
This user liked this post: Woodleyclaret

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:05 pm

Just as a little bit of context, Leicester had two full backs Chilwell and Ricardo, and two midfielders Tielemans and Ndidi, who are all worth over £20m and arguably £30m.

I thought that our two left sided players in particular did well in that context. I thought Cork and Westwood suffered but then you have to see the context of which two they were up against. So I don’t see it as certain we will go down, far from it.

The trouble is, the central midfield two of Wolves are even better :shock:

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1468 times
Has Liked: 1839 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:17 pm

For Hudds and Fulham

paulus the woodgnome
Been Liked: 258 times
Has Liked: 260 times

Post by paulus the woodgnome » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:50 pm

buzzclarets79 wrote:Why would we ask him to stay? Maybe to spend another 30m on players that sit on the bench? Maybe to play more exciting attacking football?
Get him out and get someone that can actually play football and recruit better than a 38yr old has been.
Can’t even beat 10 men.
Perhaps we can do a Charlton, they were so much better after Curbishley left. Or more pertinent. Stoke and/or WBA post Pullis.

paulus the woodgnome
Been Liked: 258 times
Has Liked: 260 times

Post by paulus the woodgnome » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:35 pm

We're staying up. I've just bet £50 quid on us getting relegated at 11/4.

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:40 pm

Over reaction thread alert!
This user liked this post: BertiesBeehole

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 997 times
Has Liked: 2007 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:58 am

Unfortunately I feel as though we look like the really Ill person who briefly rallies but unfortunately doesn't make it
This user liked this post: houseboy

South West Claret.

Post by South West Claret. » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:32 am

Don't judge a book by it's cover TWN70. :mrgreen:
This user liked this post: THEWELLERNUT70

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:43 am

Pstotto wrote:Burnley is not a bank it is a football club. If it is, then it's over to Blackpool and Oyston.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I've been saying this for months but we still have people who I'm convinced would rather be the richest club in League Two than actually try to compete. I don't give a flying fck how much money we have in the bank if we are not competing. Do we pay our money to make the club wealthy or be entertained.

I don't mind defensive football, I don't mind if we play the 'long ball' (incidentally recently Liverpool scored from a long ball but to the media it was an 'incisive pass', strange that ain't it?), I don't mind if we don't have much possesion, I don't care if it's like watching paint dry, AS LONG AS IT WORKS, but it simply isn't just now. The problem is the club have invested so little in the last few windows that now we are in a situation, because of age and possible departures, that we are going to have to spend a bloody fortune just to stand still. The board and/or Dyche have been unbelievably short sighted with regard to transfers and it is going to cost them in the end of this I am sure.

Recently I said I thought we were going to be okay, I could see 4 winnable games coming up and we probably only need another 5/6 points, I was reasonably happy and confident, after the 8 game unbeaten run (in which to be fair we should have had 4 more points but for sheer bad refereeing) I thought we were on a bit of a blip with Newcastle etc., but now.....? If you are playing at home to a team not exactly on form and they are reduced to 10 men for virtually the whole game (players were still warming up when Maguire got sent off) and then manage to lose (to yet another late goal - why can't we actually kill a game off) then you have to say you have got problems. My confidence of last week just disappeared like smoke in the wind after Saturdays game, I felt deflated, let down and just downright angry. We can still do it, I believe it will still be in our hands, but my belief in the players (and to a degree in Dyche decision making) has never been at a lower ebb. I was p!ssed off on Saturday at the thought of only getting a draw against ten men, when the winner went in it just went from bad to farcical.
This user liked this post: Vegas Claret

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:47 am

South West Claret. wrote:Over reaction thread alert!
If Cardiff win the game in hand we are in the relegation zone with 7 games to go and unless you haven't noticed take a look at our last 4 games, and we have to play Cardiff who are currently showing more fight than us. The Cardiff game is now fixing up to be one of our most important for years.

Over-reaction? I don't think so bud unless you believe in fairies and father Christmas.
This user liked this post: Vegas Claret

South West Claret.

Post by South West Claret. » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:27 am

Ifs buts, maybes and assumptions, remember that we do pretty well against the top teams in general considering our position and resources.

And far as fairies and father Christmas are concerned it rather depends on how old one is don't you think?

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:16 pm

South West Claret. wrote:Ifs buts, maybes and assumptions, remember that we do pretty well against the top teams in general considering our position and resources.

And far as fairies and father Christmas are concerned it rather depends on how old one is don't you think?
We have in the past done well against top sides but not really this season. Okay we were robbed of 2 points at United and pulled it off against Spurs but other than that nothing. Our record this season against the top sides is extremely poor. In the PL era:
Chelsea: Other than the shock win at the Bridge nothing.
City: Some half decent results but not against the current crop. They've scored 10 against us in 2 games so far this season.
Everton: mixed but they smacked us for 5 last time out.
Arsenal: Unless I'm mistaken we've taken one (that's 1) point in the PL era.

Barring a miracle our season, points wise, ends against Cardiff. That is why people are worried and why it ISN'T over-reaction.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:37 pm

houseboy wrote:We have in the past done well against top sides but not really this season. Okay we were robbed of 2 points at United and pulled it off against Spurs but other than that nothing. Our record this season against the top sides is extremely poor. In the PL era:
Chelsea: Other than the shock win at the Bridge nothing.
City: Some half decent results but not against the current crop. They've scored 10 against us in 2 games so far this season.
Everton: mixed but they smacked us for 5 last time out.
Arsenal: Unless I'm mistaken we've taken one (that's 1) point in the PL era.

Barring a miracle our season, points wise, ends against Cardiff. That is why people are worried and why it ISN'T over-reaction.
Spurs put six past Everton as well. I bet they couldn't do that now.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:12 pm

We drew against the current Man City crop around a year ago - one of few teams to take any points from them.
We have got a couple of positive results against Liverpool and were very unlucky to not get a draw against them last season at home.
We should have beaten United away 2 seasons in a row.
We drew against Spurs last season, got beat with an injury time winner away this season and beat them at home.
We beat Chelsea last year.
We did the double over Everton last year.
The only team we have not got results against are Arsenal which is a pretty weird one as we have played very well against them a few times and lost to injury time controvertial goals.

I don’t think that’s a bad record against the top teams st all - didn’t Everton get the first win against a top 6 side in 25 or so games yesterday ?
There will be plenty of teams with a far worse record than us against the top teams.

All that said it’s going to be extremely tough to stay up - I just hope we regroup now and come back showing more heart than ever to stay up. The team also need the fans to be behind them and not resigned to going down.

South West Claret.

Post by South West Claret. » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:31 pm

TVC15 wrote:We drew against the current Man City crop around a year ago - one of few teams to take any points from them.
We have got a couple of positive results against Liverpool and were very unlucky to not get a draw against them last season at home.
We drew against Spurs last season, got beat with an injury time winner away this season and beat them at home.
The only team we have not got results against are Arsenal which is a pretty weird one as we have played very well against them a few times and lost to injury time controvertial goals.

I don’t think that’s a bad record against the top teams st all - didn’t Everton get the first win against a top 6 side in 25 or so games yesterday ?
There will be plenty of teams with a far worse record than us against the top teams.

All that said it’s going to be extremely tough to stay up - I just hope we regroup now and come back showing more heart than ever to stay up. The team also need the fans to be behind them and not resigned to going down.
Thanks TVC15 very well illustrated for some who have short memories, I think we will survive and have done all season.

Ric_C
Been Liked: 742 times
Has Liked: 122 times

Post by Ric_C » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:18 am

Looking at Cardiff’s fixtures, they now play only one game (Chelsea at home) in a month, before playing us. Let’s hope they are undercooked by the time we play them.

Then after that they have a fixture pile up.

We really ballsed up not even getting a point from the Leicester game, as Cardiff would have still been behind us with a win

Braindead
Been Liked: 987 times
Has Liked: 1056 times

Post by Braindead » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:27 am

There seems to be almost a resignation amongst Clarets I've spoken to since the Leicester game that we are as good as down.
It's strange because it is still in our hands.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10916 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:44 am

Braindead wrote:There seems to be almost a resignation amongst Clarets I've spoken to since the Leicester game that we are as good as down.
our performances have dropped off a cliff since Spurs. If we can turn in 3 performances like that in the last run of games we will stay up, if we play like we have in the last 3 games we wont

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:09 am

Ric_C wrote:Looking at Cardiff’s fixtures, they now play only one game (Chelsea at home) in a month, before playing us. Let’s hope they are undercooked by the time we play them.

Then after that they have a fixture pile up.

We really ballsed up not even getting a point from the Leicester game, as Cardiff would have still been behind us with a win
I think their game with Man City is likely to be rearranged before they play us.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:11 am

There seems to be almost a resignation amongst Clarets I've spoken to since the Leicester game that we are as good as down.
Agreed. But Saturday was a golden chance to put all the pressure on Cardiff. And we spectacularly blew it. Even a point meant Cardiff would have to get two results to overtake us, and we couldn't even manage that.

jojomk1
Been Liked: 836 times
Has Liked: 574 times

Post by jojomk1 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:34 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Agreed. But Saturday was a golden chance to put all the pressure on Cardiff. And we spectacularly blew it. Even a point meant Cardiff would have to get two results to overtake us, and we couldn't even manage that.
Leaving out the Cardiff game, last Sat was seen as the easier match of the rest of our fixtures

Cardiff still have Fulham away, Brighton away and Palace at home - wish we had those

South West Claret.

Post by South West Claret. » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:36 am

I understand the gloomy thoughts after Leicester but not good to dwell to long on bad results, so involve yourselves in some other of your hobbies/passions for a while.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4159 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:51 am

houseboy wrote:Thank you, thank you, thank you. I've been saying this for months but we still have people who I'm convinced would rather be the richest club in League Two than actually try to compete. I don't give a flying fck how much money we have in the bank if we are not competing. Do we pay our money to make the club wealthy or be entertained.

I don't mind defensive football, I don't mind if we play the 'long ball' (incidentally recently Liverpool scored from a long ball but to the media it was an 'incisive pass', strange that ain't it?), I don't mind if we don't have much possesion, I don't care if it's like watching paint dry, AS LONG AS IT WORKS, but it simply isn't just now. The problem is the club have invested so little in the last few windows that now we are in a situation, because of age and possible departures, that we are going to have to spend a bloody fortune just to stand still. The board and/or Dyche have been unbelievably short sighted with regard to transfers and it is going to cost them in the end of this I am sure.

Recently I said I thought we were going to be okay, I could see 4 winnable games coming up and we probably only need another 5/6 points, I was reasonably happy and confident, after the 8 game unbeaten run (in which to be fair we should have had 4 more points but for sheer bad refereeing) I thought we were on a bit of a blip with Newcastle etc., but now.....? If you are playing at home to a team not exactly on form and they are reduced to 10 men for virtually the whole game (players were still warming up when Maguire got sent off) and then manage to lose (to yet another late goal - why can't we actually kill a game off) then you have to say you have got problems. My confidence of last week just disappeared like smoke in the wind after Saturdays game, I felt deflated, let down and just downright angry. We can still do it, I believe it will still be in our hands, but my belief in the players (and to a degree in Dyche decision making) has never been at a lower ebb. I was p!ssed off on Saturday at the thought of only getting a draw against ten men, when the winner went in it just went from bad to farcical.
You could always turn your tv off if watching us hurts you that much.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:11 am

houseboy wrote:I was p!ssed off on Saturday at the thought of only getting a draw against ten men.
That's where fans are not thinking clearly.

Getting a draw v 10 or 11 is completely irrelevant at this stage of the season and whilst not a good result it would have been better than nothing.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:23 am

TVC15 wrote:We drew against the current Man City crop around a year ago - one of few teams to take any points from them.

Sorry bud I think you slightly missed my point a bit. Perhaps that was my fault. I did say we'd had some decent results against City but the current crop (ie this season) have smashed 10 past us in two games. Against Chelsea we have only managed to stay unbeaten in one game in the PL era. Everton yes we have had some decent results against but they did get 5 last time and look now like a better team than they have done in years. Arsenal? Say no more - call it luck or bad refereeing or a combination of both but barring that one draw at home years ago nothing at all in the PL era. All people are saying is to avoid a massive amount of pressure we really need to be safe before those last four games. After the disaster on Saturday when we had a golden opportunity and blew it big time we are now really needing to win at least two of the next three games to give us a chance unless Cardiff suddenly implode on themselves, but just now they are showing the fight that we didn't have on Saturday.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:29 am

houseboy wrote:but just now they are showing the fight that we didn't have on Saturday.
Aside from a good result against West Ham (who looked equally poor against us) what fight are they showing?

Watford, Everton & Wolves were all games where they were completely outplayed.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:30 am

houseboy wrote:Sorry bud I think you slightly missed my point a bit. Perhaps that was my fault. I did say we'd had some decent results against City but the current crop (ie this season) have smashed 10 past us in two games. Against Chelsea we have only managed to stay unbeaten in one game in the PL era. Everton yes we have had some decent results against but they did get 5 last time and look now like a better team than they have done in years. Arsenal? Say no more - call it luck or bad refereeing or a combination of both but barring that one draw at home years ago nothing at all in the PL era. All people are saying is to avoid a massive amount of pressure we really need to be safe before those last four games. After the disaster on Saturday when we had a golden opportunity and blew it big time we are now really needing to win at least two of the next three games to give us a chance unless Cardiff suddenly implode on themselves, but just now they are showing the fight that we didn't have on Saturday.
What's the difference between this season's Man City and last? Very little, I'd say.

You're also forgetting the draw at home to Chelsea a couple of seasons ago when Brady scored that free kick.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:36 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:You could always turn your tv off if watching us hurts you that much.
What a pointless comment. Read my middle paragraph and ask yourself if I complained about what I was watching. I think you will find I was saying exactly the opposite. For the life in me I don't know what the TV has to do with anything unless you are implying that I am an armchair fan but then again that would be wide of the mark because the ONLY football I watch on TV is really South American stuff, the last time I watched Burnley on TV was I think a Rovers game because I was at a wedding and it was on the TV at the reception venue. I only watch MOTD if I want to see a re-run of a game I've enjoyed.

I do find it odd on here that there are so many people who make assumptions about others whilst having never met them and knowing nothing about them - I suppose it's just the anonimity thing of being on an internet forum, you know, like threatening people knowing you'll never actually meet them. Still I suppose if it makes people happy.

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:40 am

Considering where we are and what we needed against 10 men it was the worst result of the season so far. We’ve made it difficult for ourselves. There is no doubt that Warnock will have Cardiff fired up for the run in.

Woonderbah
Been Liked: 323 times
Has Liked: 363 times

Post by Woonderbah » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:41 am

From 3:04pm on Saturday afternoon there were 3 points for the taking. 3 points which would've taken a huge weight off our shoulders.
Leicester had two 30 something centre halves with the turning circle and pace of a canal boat and we just carried on chipping it up nice and comfy for them.
The game was crying out for Vydra.
Was there any need for our back four to mark Vardy who was on his own albeit well supported from midfield.
Personally, I would've sacrificed Bardsley and bolstered the midfield and attack.
Our game plan seems to be hit it long or give it to McNeil.
We made it far too easy for Leicester in what was a crucial game
Yes we should have had a clear penalty but we had pretty much 87 mins to put space between Cardiff and ourselves and wasted the opportunity.
I'm afraid it totally highlighted SD's tactical shortcomings.
We're giving ourselves a nervy last few games when it could've been so much more comfortable.
Better start growing some finger nails in readiness to chew them down again in the run in.
This user liked this post: randomclaret2

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:41 am

houseboy wrote:Sorry bud I think you slightly missed my point a bit. Perhaps that was my fault. I did say we'd had some decent results against City but the current crop (ie this season) have smashed 10 past us in two games. Against Chelsea we have only managed to stay unbeaten in one game in the PL era. Everton yes we have had some decent results against but they did get 5 last time and look now like a better team than they have done in years. Arsenal? Say no more - call it luck or bad refereeing or a combination of both but barring that one draw at home years ago nothing at all in the PL era. All people are saying is to avoid a massive amount of pressure we really need to be safe before those last four games. After the disaster on Saturday when we had a golden opportunity and blew it big time we are now really needing to win at least two of the next three games to give us a chance unless Cardiff suddenly implode on themselves, but just now they are showing the fight that we didn't have on Saturday.
I’m confused then at the point you are making.
You said current crop for City - well they have virtually an identical team than they did a year ago when we drew with them.
As for Chelsea we have drawn away against them twice (home and away) aswell as beating them
You say Everton are a much better team than when we did the double over them last year - yet there points total and position are similar to last year ? Think you are probably just going off the fact they thrashed us.
All I am saying is that our results against the top 6 teams are not as bad as you were saying.

I am not saying we are not bang in trouble - of course we are. And those fixtures at the end of the season should be a nightmare but this league and this season has been weird. For example Palace played us off the park twice this season in doing an easy double. We pretty comfortably did the double against Brighton. Yet Brighton did the double over Palace ! Wolves have been brilliant against the top 6 yet have been beaten by Huddersfield, Cardiff and drew at Fulham.

If you can’t look for glimmers of hope then you end up resigning yourself to going down....which personally i’d rather not do yet !

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:55 am

Tall Paul wrote:What's the difference between this season's Man City and last? Very little, I'd say.

You're also forgetting the draw at home to Chelsea a couple of seasons ago when Brady scored that free kick.
Sorry bud yes you are right - looking back in the PL era we have another draw against them as well - the record in the PL is W1 D2 L5. As for City I have never in all my years watching football seen a team scoring like City are this season (and last) - how many times have they got 5/6 or even 7 (Schalke)? Going forward I think City are currently the best club side I have seen in years - if not ever. I'm certainly not looking forward to playing them (other than in an asthetic way because they are a joy to watch). Will they beat last seasons 106 total? Not sure as they need 27 to match that but who would bet against it. They scored 22 goals more than Liverpool last season who were the second highest scorers. 2.68 goals average per game for (nearly) 2 seasons. Awesome. Their only weakness seems to be the odd game when for some reason they just don't seem to turn up - let's hope that's at the Turf soon eh? :D

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:32 pm

Is the fat lady still on standby? ;)

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:23 pm

Spijed wrote:Is the fat lady still on standby? ;)
For Cardiff yes. :D

RalphCoatesComb
Been Liked: 2415 times
Has Liked: 2115 times

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:49 pm

tiger76 wrote:For Cardiff yes. :D
As they say at Deadwood... Don't count your chickens ;)