Bye bye Dyche or buy buy Dyche

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Re: Bye bye Dyche or buy buy Dyche

Post by taio » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:38 am

I was disappointed with his tactics yesterday especially in the first half. But personally I'd want him to stay if we go down.

brexit
Been Liked: 234 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by brexit » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:16 am

His Kitty at WBA will allegedly be £60 million.

bobinho
Been Liked: 4070 times
Has Liked: 6538 times

Post by bobinho » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:18 am

Giftonsnoidea wrote:He has £26m of talent on bench most weeks then brings on a 38 year old to rescue/win the match.
That’s because crouch is the ONLY player in the bench capable of changing a game.

Murger
Been Liked: 1235 times
Has Liked: 844 times

Post by Murger » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:41 am

bobinho wrote:That’s because crouch is the ONLY player in the bench capable of changing a game.
Nope. Not having that. Yesterday was crying out for Vydra.

Giftonsnoidea
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 248 times

Post by Giftonsnoidea » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:34 pm

bobinho wrote:That’s because crouch is the ONLY player in the bench capable of changing a game.
Vydra comes on and gets an assist last match in ten minutes, imagine if he was actually playing in the team week in week out and the manager knew how to utilise him properly.

Absolute madness to freeze him out this season and it looks like we’ll pay a hefty price....
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Greeny
Been Liked: 55 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Post by Greeny » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:50 pm

This is a real tricky one. There are players and managers who perform great at certain levels but the step up can be too much and they struggle. Sean is great for the Championship but his Plan A only tactics and his blind loyalty to certain players means he gets quickly found out by other managers on the tactics front compounded by his lack of desire to change players who are badly out of form. It’s only when a player gets injured that Sean is forced to make a change. The one exception being Heaton for Hart. It has slowly but surely turned into a mind numbing experience watching Sean’s team. The kick off is rolled back to Tarks, who hoofs it upfield. Setting the tone for the rest of the game. When we occasionally play on the ground, we are a good team. Unfortunately for many games that is a temporary blip. Sean’s substitutions are consistently like for like. Plan A is not working so let’s try kick it longer + higher? Desperate times if you are Vydra and the front line is crying out for a bit of pace + guile. If we do go down, which is a distinct possibility, then Sean is the man, so no need to bin him off. If we stay up or come back up, he needs to move on.
This user liked this post: Royboyclaret

claretspice
Been Liked: 2801 times
Has Liked: 138 times

Post by claretspice » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:05 pm

Ultimately this boils down to a conversation none of us will be party to, between Dyche and Garlick.

If Garlick looks in the whites of Dyche's eyes and sees the hunger for another crack next season - at whatever level we are at - then he deserves that opportunity. But if that hunger has gone, and Dyche looks like a man whose run out of ideas and drive to move Burnley forwards, then it's in everyone's interests for him to move on.

What I will say is that in games like that, I sometimes feel that Dyche's tactical approach has gone backwards. If you rewind to the early days of Dyche's Burnley, Ings in particular added a bit of freedom and flexibility to our play. We saw that in the first half of last season with JBG and Brady having the freedom and confidence to play as inside forwards when we had the ball. I look at us this season and at times we've gone backwards - noticeably the fact that after January, it's been apparent in both our last two home games that our first response to a stubborn rearguard isn't to try a less direct approach by replacing one of our rough, tough front two with Vydra, or even pushing McNeil through the middle. It's to go even more direct and throw Crouch on. It's been successful once - against Southampton - but it's been unsuccessful in the last two games and it smacks of tired thinking.

But either way, I think we all know that there's a big summer ahead of us, there really is.
These 2 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets Vegas Claret

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 700 times

Post by mdd2 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:38 pm

I think it will be a very hard decision to sack Sean Dyche. He will have been here for 6 full seasons, 4 in the Premier League and two in the Championship plus about 2/3rds of his first season (October 2012 to May 2013) He is already our longest serving manager since Harry Potts and has as good as if not a better record than Jimmy Adamson. He will also have managed at a time when the playing field was never as steep. If he is up for it we should stick with him

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:00 pm

claretspice wrote:Ultimately this boils down to a conversation none of us will be party to, between Dyche and Garlick.

If Garlick looks in the whites of Dyche's eyes and sees the hunger for another crack next season - at whatever level we are at - then he deserves that opportunity. But if that hunger has gone, and Dyche looks like a man whose run out of ideas and drive to move Burnley forwards, then it's in everyone's interests for him to move on.

What I will say is that in games like that, I sometimes feel that Dyche's tactical approach has gone backwards. If you rewind to the early days of Dyche's Burnley, Ings in particular added a bit of freedom and flexibility to our play. We saw that in the first half of last season with JBG and Brady having the freedom and confidence to play as inside forwards when we had the ball. I look at us this season and at times we've gone backwards - noticeably the fact that after January, it's been apparent in both our last two home games that our first response to a stubborn rearguard isn't to try a less direct approach by replacing one of our rough, tough front two with Vydra, or even pushing McNeil through the middle. It's to go even more direct and throw Crouch on. It's been successful once - against Southampton - but it's been unsuccessful in the last two games and it smacks of tired thinking.

But either way, I think we all know that there's a big summer ahead of us, there really is.
Spot on spice.

Giftonsnoidea
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 248 times

Post by Giftonsnoidea » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:17 pm

Leicester were playing 4-2-3-1 which is what we should have been playing with Wood out of the side after 60 mins at least! Vydra could then play ten and I’m sure his pace through the middle would have caused no end of problems for their ten men.

Your supposed to play high tempo direct to feet on the floor against ten men to tire them out not punt it into the stratosphere ffs
These 3 users liked this post: boatshed bill Narwhalchomper snapcrackleandpop

Turftalkers mentor
Been Liked: 72 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by Turftalkers mentor » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:25 am

Right_winger wrote:Bye bye Dyche and quickly.

The man makes Tony Pulis look like Carlos Alberto Parreira in comparison
Another keyboard expert , get real S3an Dyche is Burnley Football Club

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:31 pm

claretspice wrote:Ultimately this boils down to a conversation none of us will be party to, between Dyche and Garlick.

Would Garlick have the minerals to sack Dyche though? Or be willing to pay up his mega contract? For me the answer to both is a resounding NO. I just can't see it.

ewanrob
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by ewanrob » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:21 pm

Not enough players taking ownership for me, coupled with that and Sean's reluctance to acknowledge issues with certain players. I'm not a big lover of his tactics, and have been sceptical of him in the past...but reading Twitter and this board I cannot ever remember so much disalutioment with him.

We really should not be anywhere near where we are, it's a collective thing...board, manager..players...but we will just make it.

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:49 pm

Siddo wrote:Almost every championship club has more money than us. Get real eh?
I'm not sure that's true bud. Weren't we touted not long ago as one of the richest clubs in Europe? Not all Championship clubs have rich owners so how could they possibly have more money than a club who have spent the time we have in the PL and don't actually spend that much? Okay half the teams currently in the Championship get bigger gates than us (exactly half as it happens) but gate money is a bit of an irrelevance these days. We have money mate and plenty of it, what we also have is a board and/or manager who just don't know how to operate in the modern transfer market.

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:23 pm

News coming out of Leicester than Brendan Rodgers has binned the recruitment team. The recruitment team that brought Maddison, Ndidi, Ricardo, Tielemans amongst others to the KP.

Wonder if there’s a club out there that could do with that sort of smart, quality investing in key areas...

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:02 pm

SGr wrote:News coming out of Leicester than Brendan Rodgers has binned the recruitment team. The recruitment team that brought Maddison, Ndidi, Ricardo, Tielemans amongst others to the KP.

Wonder if there’s a club out there that could do with that sort of smart, quality investing in key areas...
Local club for local people sorry.

lrac
Been Liked: 106 times
Has Liked: 283 times

Post by lrac » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:22 pm

Why are we so poor.little burnley .boring now