Player ratings

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Player ratings

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:57 pm

How would you rate the players (and manager) so far this season using the same measurement used each week for matches?

Be interested to see how that tally's up with the average ratings overall.

claretcarrot93
Been Liked: 403 times
Has Liked: 77 times

Re: Player ratings

Post by claretcarrot93 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:28 am

Hart - 7
Heaton - 8
Lowton - 5
Bardsley - 6 (8 for defense 4 for going forward, we lose attacking threat down the right)
Tarks - 7 (Was an 8 up till last few games)
Mee - 5
Long - 6
Taylor - 8
JBG - 6
Westwood - 7
Cork - 5
Hendrick - 6
Brady - 3
Mcneil - 8
Wood - 7
Lennon- 5
Barnes - 7
Vydra -NA

Dyche - 5
This user liked this post: Burnley1989

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2472 times
Has Liked: 2009 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:56 am

Agree with all of them but Wood- 6.

Crouch- 7. Got us the pen v Saints, got us a pen v Leicester(not given), had a head in Vydras late chance. Also made a difference in our late push at Newcastle.

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2309 times
Has Liked: 2173 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:58 am

I wouldn't disagree with that too much to be honest ClaretCarrot93

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 2005 times
Has Liked: 3346 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:28 am

It's hard because most players have had spells this season when they've been a good 7 or even 8, but most players have also had other spells where they are 4 or 5 at best. And that really sums up why we are where we are tbh.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3322 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:18 pm

Hart - 5 : did not command the defence enough ; let too many goals in from distance and stayed on his line too much.
Heaton - 8 : been brilliant since he came back ; no co-incidence that the rest of the team upped their game.
Lowton - 4 : disappointing as thought he was brilliant last year. We have had very little positive from him this season and this is a big reason we are struggling as we really miss his quality going forward as he is much better at doing this than Bardsley
Bardsley - 6 : played really well since Christmas but had some really poor games before that when he was in and out of the team. Think with the way we play we need someone a lot better going forward and I would be tempted to let him go at the end of his contract in June.
Tarks - 6 : was probably our best player when we were struggling at the start of the season but he's been poor the last few games. 6 might be harsh but he was an 8 or 9 last year and his decision making has been poor this year.
Mee - 5 : really struggled for the first few months - as bad as I have seen him play since moving to centre half. Again he was an 8 or 9 last year.
Long - 5 : did not deserve to get dropped in my opinion as I think he was playing well but the system did not suit us. His lack of games since then means its hard to give him much more than a 5 as he has had little impact on our season now.
Taylor - 7 : he struggled before Christmas but has come on leaps and bounds after then. He was that bad at the start of the season I doubted he would ever be good enough but it just goes to show that with the young players you need to give them time and allow them to develop from their mistakes / get used to the league etc
JBG - 5 : a real stop start season for him. Nowhere near as good as last season but suffered from injuries and I think lost a bit of confidence.
Westwood - 7 : a big bonus of Defour being injured is Westwood got a chance and he has been very good.
Cork - 4 : really struggled this season. A big worry as it looks a lot more than a blip now. Think Jeff should have got more chances to play this role this season.
Hendrick - 6 : bit of a scapegoat for the fans and the manager it seems. Always seems like the first one to get subbed or dropped. To me he deserved a sustained spell in the midfield instead of Cork.
Brady - 3 : zero positive impact on the team this season. Big part in costing us a goal on Saturday and nearly lost us 2 points by getting stupidly sent off at Huddersfield.
Mcneil - 9 : absolutely brilliant. By a long way the highlight of our season.
Wood - 5 : nearly scored it a 4 as I think he has been really poor more than he has played well. His goals have been vital though. He is a really inconsistent player that either looks a real handful or absolutely dreadful, slow, lazy and weak....which is a real problem for us as you never seem to know what you are going to get from one week to another.
Lennon- 3 : almost zero impact on our season partly because of injury but when he was fit only played well a couple of times.
Barnes - 6 : nearly a 7 but he started the season off poorly - partly because of injury.
Vydra -3 : little or no impact on our season but he does not get picked so hard to score.

For me many of the players who were massive for us last year have either struggled with form or have been injured. A big part of our downturn has got to be how many of the struggling or injured players were in last seasons brilliant defence. Tom has been a bonus of course but we have missed Nick Pope massively over the whole season and the rest of last years defence have either been injured or played much worse.
I have no doubt that Mee and Tarks can get back to their best but big concerns that we have seen the best of Brady, Lowton, Cork, Lennon, Wood and obviously Defour and Ward. If you add to that big doubts over the likes of Vydra then we seem to have a big rebuild job on our hands.