Womans Football

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
bartonscigar
Been Liked: 13 times
Has Liked: 9 times

Womans Football

Post by bartonscigar » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:00 pm

Controversial post maybe. However i watched the woman's world cup i few years ago when we reached the semi final and by and large the games were not too bad. Now i like a flutter now and again and the other week i bet on the Australia woman team to beat Korea the game was streamable on youtube, i have to say it was a truly dreadful game. I won my bet but i felt like gauging my eyes out. I could have comfortable played and starred in that game. This goes back to a few years ago when a mate of mine played for manchester city ladies. I had an argument with her because i said Padiham men could beat them. Well last night Harry's heroes beat Crystal Palace woman's team,a bunch of overweight ex professional, granted very good players in their prime. I also recall USA woman playing an under 15 academy team and getting thumped 5-2. This begs the question whats the point.

Falcon
Been Liked: 892 times
Has Liked: 1168 times

Re: Womans Football

Post by Falcon » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:09 pm

You're not really comparing apples with apples though.

There's a reason why women sprinters don't race against men sprinters, women rugby sides don't play male ones, women pole vaulters don't compete against male ones etc etc etc

We're built differently.
These 2 users liked this post: Imploding Turtle Putneyclaret

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5551 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:10 pm

Yes, stop women from playing because they will (probably) never be as good as men.

Using the same reasoning, can I be banned from ironing?
These 4 users liked this post: houseboy GodIsADeeJay81 MG70 JohnMac

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:13 pm

Womens football is a contradiction in terms. My biggest fear for the game is that someday in the near future some politically correct loon will decide that we must integrate women into the mens game.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:15 pm

houseboy wrote:Womens football is a contradiction in terms. My biggest fear for the game is that someday in the near future some politically correct loon will decide that we must integrate women into the mens game.
We've already started, or haven't you noticed the assistant refs, commentators, backroom staff and of course Karen Brady at West Ham?

Your biggest fear is about women being in what you're deciding should be a male environment.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:20 pm

On a more serious note why do some people (not only women) feel that women should be 'included' in everything? Why, if they wish, can't men do things that don't include women, such as clubs for men only or similar? It's not an insult to women if a group of guys want to have a drink (for instance) without women around. Women could do the same if they want, that's fine. Equality is a great thing and I support it and always have but people should still have the freedom to do what they wish if it doesn't harm anyone.

It all goes back to the same problem I suppose; whenever you increase someones 'rights' you automatically decrease someone elses. Before anyone asks I don't have the answer to that particular problem.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:27 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:We've already started, or haven't you noticed the assistant refs, commentators, backroom staff and of course Karen Brady at West Ham?

Your biggest fear is about women being in what you're deciding should be a male environment.
I was talking mainly about playing but yes you are right. But tell me, what is wrong with a 'male environment'? There are female environments and no-one is talking about forcing them to give them up. As long as everyone has the right to the same thing why can't people be allowed to choose. If a bunch of guys want to do something without women there why is that bad - and vice versa of course. Forcing people into a procrustean bed of sameness cannot ever be right.

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2595 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:37 pm

You really need to get over that rejection, houseboy.

Goobs
Been Liked: 1462 times
Has Liked: 995 times

Post by Goobs » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:47 pm

Unless a rule was introduced whereby every team had to field x number of female players at any one time then there is no way that anybody would ever be forced to have a female player on their books, however IF there was a Woman or Women good enough to play at the top level and IF they were better than the players we already had then I would have no issue whatsoever with them playing for Burnley.

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2460 times
Has Liked: 1989 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:28 pm

A womens football match can be every bit as good or as bad as a mens match. You just have to accept it is a different game. Less pace, less power but the skill level is no different and the excitement of a great goal or save or tackle is exactly the same and I’ve been to a few.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:38 pm

houseboy wrote:I was talking mainly about playing but yes you are right. But tell me, what is wrong with a 'male environment'? There are female environments and no-one is talking about forcing them to give them up. As long as everyone has the right to the same thing why can't people be allowed to choose. If a bunch of guys want to do something without women there why is that bad - and vice versa of course. Forcing people into a procrustean bed of sameness cannot ever be right.
Ok cool, so let's have Phil Neville out of the job he's doing alright in.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:09 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Ok cool, so let's have Phil Neville out of the job he's doing alright in.
Pointless argument. If the women want him there that's fine, if they didn't he shouldn't be there. My point is CHOICE. Men AND women should be able to have organisations, clubs, etc. that are exclusive to them if they wish to do so and no amount of political correctness should in any way interfere with that freedom of choice. I am and always have been a great believer in equality, it's been one of the cornerstones of my adult life, but I also believe in individual freedoms and freedom of choice and that includes the freedom to lead your life without interference from others. Both sexes should have the freedom to exclude the other if they wish to do so and it does actually happen for women more than men; women only gyms, women only taxis, womens 'groups', womens shelters (have you ever seen a male shelter?), there is even (or at least was) a minister for women. If I ran a club or organisation I would personally welcome all without discrimination but if I wanted men only I would like to have that right to do so without a bunch of womens activists banging my door down saying they have a right to be let in.
Last edited by houseboy on Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:12 am

So you want men's football to be exclusive to men?

Ok, so let's have a clear out of the women from all the backroom staff..

Or isn't that what you mean?

From what I can gather you're happy for women to be on the backroom staff, or in the boardroom, just not in the managerial job in men's football because you believe that's the man's job.
Feel free to correct me if that's wrong.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:17 am

NottsClaret wrote:You really need to get over that rejection, houseboy.
What rejection would that be Notts? Exactly? Give me the benefit of your expert psychoanalysis. What exactly have I been 'rejected' from? Who has rejected me? You obviously know me so well from a comment on here so please tell the world precisely how you come to that conclusion without ever having met me or knowing anything about me.

I await your answer with baited breath.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:25 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:So you want men's football to be exclusive to men?

From what I can gather you're happy for women to be on the backroom staff, or in the boardroom, just not in the managerial job in men's football because you believe that's the man's job.
Who clubs employ in whatever capacity is their decision, that includes players. I don't know if you have noticed but many (even most) clubs have female teams who play to a reasonably high level and that is fine, I applaud them, so what exactly is your argument? My point is I don't want to watch womens football, it holds no appeal to me at all, and the two should be kept seperate, nothing more.

Note: in your desperation to criticise my post you conveniently completely ignored the following quote: 'If I ran a club or organisation I would personally welcome all without discrimination'.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:11 am

houseboy wrote:Who clubs employ in whatever capacity is their decision, that includes players. I don't know if you have noticed but many (even most) clubs have female teams who play to a reasonably high level and that is fine, I applaud them, so what exactly is your argument? My point is I don't want to watch womens football, it holds no appeal to me at all, and the two should be kept seperate, nothing more.

Note: in your desperation to criticise my post you conveniently completely ignored the following quote: 'If I ran a club or organisation I would personally welcome all without discrimination'.
Not desperate to criticise anything, merely asking questions.

You want a line drawn between mens and womens football.
Great, but it would appear you only want the line drawn for the managers job, unless I'm mistaken...

We aren't asking you to watch womens football, the conversation is about women in men's football either playing OR managing.

There's a massive resistance to having women managing men's team on here, something about being able to handle testosterone levels in the changing room, or respecting a woman etc.
It's all just smoke and mirrors because they don't want to admit the reason they don't want women in charge of a man's team is simply because they're qomen.

The female players they had doing analysis last summer on TV were actually very good, concise and more appealing to listen too than many of their male counterparts who seem to get all the jobs, because they put their point across better.

But they're women, so we can't let them in...

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:21 am

Starting to see some real investment given it's rise in tv prominence

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47605807" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2166 times
Has Liked: 3097 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:25 am

Reckon i'll nip along to the Women's champions league game this evening. Slavia Prague v Bayern Munich. Its on my bus route home so why not eh? :)

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:59 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Not desperate to criticise anything, merely asking questions.

You want a line drawn between mens and womens football.
Great, but it would appear you only want the line drawn for the managers job, unless I'm mistaken...

We aren't asking you to watch womens football, the conversation is about women in men's football either playing OR managing.

There's a massive resistance to having women managing men's team on here, something about being able to handle testosterone levels in the changing room, or respecting a woman etc.
It's all just smoke and mirrors because they don't want to admit the reason they don't want women in charge of a man's team is simply because they're qomen.

The female players they had doing analysis last summer on TV were actually very good, concise and more appealing to listen too than many of their male counterparts who seem to get all the jobs, because they put their point across better.

But they're women, so we can't let them in...
I'm sorry bud but where did I even mention management? Neville only came up in conversation when brought up by someone else, I have never mentioned any issue about management except in passing because of someone elses comment and even then it was about choice. Personally I don't care who manages the England ladies team, if they want a male manager then that's okay by me, if they don't then that's okay as well. If they said 'we want a female manager' I wouldn't have a problem with that. It's their choice. If Neville has been 'imposed' on them and they don't like it then I would fully support their desire for a female manager. Are you getting the drift?

As for your tangent about female pundits I personally don't have a problem with that because regardless of gender they all talk b0ll0cks. Football programmes now are dragged out almost to infinity to allow the likes of Shearer/Lineker et al to have a very lucrative career after their well paid football life. 10 minutes of a game followed by what seems like an eternity 'analysing' an incident from 100 different angles when that analysis isn't going to change a bloody thing.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:07 pm

Other people are resistant to women managing men's teams and throwing out toss excuses for it.

I made a generalisation, apologies for including you in that.

bartonscigar
Been Liked: 13 times
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by bartonscigar » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:59 pm

caused quite a stir was only a bit of sexist banter

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2103 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Post by bfccrazy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:03 pm

Watching junior football - there are quite a few girls who are miles better than boys up until the tougher side gets into football about u12/u13 level.

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2378 times
Has Liked: 3801 times

Post by JohnMac » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:49 pm

That Dutch winger I saw on telly, van der Sanden was quicker and more skillful than Brady and I don't mean Karen!

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:05 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:So you want men's football to be exclusive to men?

Managing a mens team is a mans job. No matter how politically correct you try to be. Its the mens game. And it should remain that way.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:07 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Managing a mens team is a mans job. No matter how politically correct you try to be. Its the mens game. And it should remain that way.
So let's sack Phil Neville then, simples.

Good to know you'll be restricting your kids choice of career though if it ever arises.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:11 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:So let's sack Phil Neville then, simples.

Good to know you'll be restricting your kids choice of career though if it ever arises.
Well personally find it a bit odd that he would want to manage in the womens game. But there you go.

But as it happens he played at a higher standard than any woman ever has or ever will so i clearly more qualified.

That said still a bit odd that he chooses to manage in the womens game.

As for my 3 month old - unsure of the relevance of your odd comment.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:14 pm

Which part did you struggle with?

You're saying you want to block women from a certain job, that includes all women and you've got a daughter haven't you?

I've got a daughter and she can do whatever job she wants, so long as she enjoys it.

Using your logic, if a female manager won the world cup, they'd be infinitely more qualified than all managed in the PL?

Or doesn't it work that way in your head?

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:15 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Which part did you struggle with?

You're saying you want to block women from a certain job, that includes all women and you've got a daughter haven't you?

I've got a daughter and she can do whatever job she wants, so long as she enjoys it.

Using your logic, if a female manager won the world cup, they'd be infinitely more qualified than all managed in the PL?

Or doesn't it work that way in your head?
You sound as creepy as neville.
Which world cup? The womens one? Id be more qualified from getting to the third round of the keighley cup.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:24 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:You sound as creepy as neville.
Which world cup? The womens one? Id be more qualified from getting to the third round of the keighley cup.
I'm sure I don't.

That's the issue there, you look down upon it regardless of how much it's growing etc.

It's becoming more popular and the standard will improve over time, regardless of what people like you think of it.

On the plus side my daughter is free to do whatever job she pleases to do.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:25 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:I'm sure I don't.

That's the issue there, you look down upon it regardless of how much it's growing etc.

It's becoming more popular and the standard will improve over time, regardless of what people like you think of it.

On the plus side my daughter is free to do whatever job she pleases to do.
No matter how you spin it. There will never be a pro woman as good as a pro man at football.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:26 pm

And the extreme unlikely scenario there is. It should still be seperate.

Goobs
Been Liked: 1462 times
Has Liked: 995 times

Post by Goobs » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:42 pm

So a woman can't manage a man's football team as she won't be able to handle her male staff / could be physically intimidated?

Some on here seem to believe that is right and OK. Wow.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:43 pm

So what about managers?

Oh wait, you aren't interested in finding out because you don't want the mixing of genders.

Apart from backroom staff, you're happy to have women there but don't let them get too uppity, they need to know their place in life :roll:

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1766 times
Has Liked: 353 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:39 am

With the game becoming less contact it wouldnt surprise me if we see a female footballer on the men’s game. She’ll have to be something special though.

That said, footballers are developed from the age of 4 these days and brought up into their adult years in academy’s. If girls were given the same opportunity, it could happen.

In theory, if there was a female player good enough to play for Burnley, I’d have no issues, why would I?

I’ve often wondered why men’s and women’s cricket don’t merge.

Sproggy
Been Liked: 667 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Post by Sproggy » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:07 am

Is this a good time to introduce transgender sports-people?
These 2 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets FactualFrank

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6947 times
Has Liked: 1477 times

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:23 am

A significant proportion of this forum are regressing. It’s crazy how backwards some of the views are on here.

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:36 am

Is there a more perfect illustration of how weak some people's masculinity is that they are **** scared of men having to actually compete with women on equal footing where men don't have a biological advantage. It seems they're in favour of affirmative action, as long as it protects them from having to compete against women for managerial and coaching roles.

It reminds me of the story of Stephen Miller who ran onto a track in the middle of a girls athletics event to show how he was faster than the girls. Masculinity proven, i guess. :lol:

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:59 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:So what about managers?

Oh wait, you aren't interested in finding out because you don't want the mixing of genders.

Apart from backroom staff, you're happy to have women there but don't let them get too uppity, they need to know their place in life :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4180 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:08 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:No matter how you spin it. There will never be a pro woman as good as a pro man at football.

There must be a woman out there better than Brian Easton
These 2 users liked this post: Dark Cloud FactualFrank

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 2001 times
Has Liked: 3331 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:10 pm

On a serious note, how would Sam Smith fit in?

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:54 pm

Dark Cloud wrote:On a serious note, how would Sam Smith fit in?
It wouldn't matter in Sidneys world!

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:19 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47664544" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

50 PSG fans prevented from entering the ground for their Women's Champions League match at Chelsea last night, with 1 arrested.

Their hooligans are catching up with the boys if nothing else.

JTClaret
Been Liked: 181 times
Has Liked: 119 times

Post by JTClaret » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:36 pm

If a woman was good enough to play for a non-woman's team (and I say that because why should I start calling it men's football) and wanted to play for one - then if a club want to give them the opportunity, they should.
The chances of this all being the case is very unlikely, or at least not likely for a long time.

This is the case at any point for me. It is happening within the referring, within the board and no doubt plenty of other places. It's not a 'man's environment', some of the most influential people in me becoming a Burnley fan are women.

I can see it at management level before playing level FWIW

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:45 pm

The rules currently don't allow a woman to play in the men's game, even if she were good enough.

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2166 times
Has Liked: 3097 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:08 pm

ZizkovClaret wrote:Reckon i'll nip along to the Women's champions league game this evening. Slavia Prague v Bayern Munich. Its on my bus route home so why not eh? :)
Glad i went!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoJfbVa ... u.be&t=114

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:41 pm

Dark Cloud wrote:On a serious note, how would Sam Smith fit in?
Physically he's a bloke, regardless of his statement recently.

I watched a thing about this the other day, in regards to transgender women playing football alongside natural women and it was interesting.

As for CCC, he's all about restricting what his kid can do for a living.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1152 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:58 pm

Women’s football might be decent pub level at full international level where they’re professional athletes ,but their infrastructure is a 100 yrs behind . While they can look ok playing against other women if you put say a prem ladies side against a reasonable team from say the 9th/10th level of the football league they’d be destroyed by the men .

It’s not like tennis or track athletics where the technical skills are very similar and it’s simply a case of losing to stronger species . In football they just can’t play it technically at anything like the level of men ( again possibility due to their overall physiological logical make up ) as for the keepers ...
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:27 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Physically he's a bloke, regardless of his statement recently.

I watched a thing about this the other day, in regards to transgender women playing football alongside natural women and it was interesting.

As for CCC, he's all about restricting what his kid can do for a living.

"regardless of his statement recently"

I'm unfamiliar with "his" statement recently, did he say he wasn't physically male?

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2595 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:32 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:While they can look ok playing against other women if you put say a prem ladies side against a reasonable team from say the 9th/10th level of the football league they’d be destroyed by the men.
There we go again. It's only ever men making this comparison. Women don't care, they enjoy playing and being the best women footballers they can be and competing at the highest level they can.

It's only men - and quite often men that don't play at any sort of level - seeking some sort of consolation from putting down women, as though that's a badge of honour for them.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:35 pm

NottsClaret wrote:There we go again. It's only ever men making this comparison. Women don't care, they enjoy playing and being the best women footballers they can be and competing at the highest level they can.

It's only men - and quite often men that don't play at any sort of level - seeking some sort of consolation from putting down women, as though that's a badge of honour for them.
I think it's called fear, of being shown up by women.

They won't admit it, but that's exactly what it is.