Sport.cz - Vydra frustrated at strange excuses from Dyche

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 2004 times
Has Liked: 3333 times

Re: Sport.cz - Vydra frustrated at strange excuses from Dyche

Post by Dark Cloud » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:51 am

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Rodgers said that he had told Morgan to warm up if he saw croych warming up.

Morgan is one of if not the best defender in the league aerially. But one of the most immobile and limited on the deck.

As it happened he was already in the pitch after the red. Yet we saw lumping it to two big men wasnt working so instead of changing the style we went even bigger. To someone even slower than Morgan!!

Incredible.
Absolutely spot on. It might not be the case every day, but Saturday was crying out for someone like Vydra to be given a go early because he offers something different, something they don't like, don't think we're capable of and don't expect. Teams probably spend all week dealing with long high balls in training before they play us because we are so predictable, even with the changes we make during a game.
These 2 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets Corky

Murger
Been Liked: 1243 times
Has Liked: 845 times

Post by Murger » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:53 am

He's not getting any game time anyway, so he probably feels he has nothing to lose by speaking out. Dyches addiction to playing 2 lumps up top is going to cost us.
This user liked this post: snapcrackleandpop

snapcrackleandpop
Been Liked: 122 times
Has Liked: 151 times

Post by snapcrackleandpop » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:57 am

[quote="Funkydrummer"]There will be disciplinary issues after this I would think.

For Dyche hopefully.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4181 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:00 am

Only got to the bottom of page 1, already feels like I stumbled into an anti-dyche bitching party think page 2 could be too much with some of the whoppers already involved.
This user liked this post: Lancasterclaret

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:08 am

Making a point that SD should use Vydra earlier of the bench - fine
Dyches addiction to playing 2 huge lumps up top is going to cost us
Is ignoring reality to the levels not seen anywhere else other than the Brexit thread!

(apologies Murger, sure there are a lot worse on here but I'm trawling through the thread to look for them!)

How long ago was that 8 game unbeaten run? Two weeks? Three?

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:28 am

South West Claret. wrote:There seems a striking resemblance in those two pics, you don’t think we have gone and signed the same player twice do you. :shock:

:lol:
Exactly my point :D
This user liked this post: South West Claret.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:35 am

scouseclaret wrote:
The problem is, looking at the figures by trying to do it cheap weve ended up far from it.

burnleymik
Been Liked: 1171 times
Has Liked: 2916 times

Post by burnleymik » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:35 am

Burnleyareback2 wrote:In all fairness up until his last 2 appearances every previous one looked like he really couldn’t be arsed.
How did you come to that conclusion? I think it's exactly the opposite. In the times he has played he has been trying too hard to impress and made mistakes as a result.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1640 times
Has Liked: 400 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:36 am

The one I remember was Huddersfield at home. Akin to taking 2 points and flushing them down the loo.

We had 6 shots in the entire game compared to their 19 - and Vydra came on in injury time. If that didn’t demonstrate the lack of a plan B, I don’t know what does. Nobody is saying he should start every game, but if he had 1,000 minutes now rather than <300, I doubt he would be complaining.

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 773 times
Has Liked: 1427 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:48 am

burnleymik wrote:How did you come to that conclusion? I think it's exactly the opposite. In the times he has played he has been trying too hard to impress and made mistakes as a result.
My conclusion, made by watching him.

theroyaldyche
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Post by theroyaldyche » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:57 am

Fact is he needs to play. Crouch isnt.good enuf. Barnes and wood have no pace

You need pace in the prem. Look at the other teams around us and their forwards

willsclarets
Been Liked: 688 times
Has Liked: 133 times

Post by willsclarets » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:13 am

Must admit I do find it odd he hasn't had more of a shot. Barnes and Wood had an excellent spell together but after 2 or 3 games where it went stale you'd think he'd keep them on their toes by changing the dynamic up top. Alex Ferguson was a master at keeping 4 strikers happy by promising specific games he thought suited them or being quick to react if someone was off their game. Different of course when you have world class players, but the principle in the same. I rate Dyche massively but he's slow to react if we're clearly struggling. It took him a heck of a long time to realise Hendrick wasn't suited to playing behind the striker too.
Not an anti Dyche post I think the guy has worked miracles, but he has to be more flexible.
These 3 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets Lancasterclaret claretfern

Murger

Post by Murger » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:49 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Making a point that SD should use Vydra earlier of the bench - fine

Is ignoring reality to the levels not seen anywhere else other than the Brexit thread!

(apologies Murger, sure there are a lot worse on here but I'm trawling through the thread to look for them!)

How long ago was that 8 game unbeaten run? Two weeks? Three?
If you're the manager and lumping up top to 2 big 'uns doesn't work, what would you do?

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2166 times
Has Liked: 3097 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:53 am

dandeclaret wrote::lol: :lol: tears flowing into the Danube now Oz......
Dan, i hope your geography is better than that when planning wildlife trips! :lol:

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:53 am

Change it earlier, which is what we all agree with.

But to be fair to the bloke, he's right more often than we are.

Murger

Post by Murger » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:55 am

Be interesting to see how often Dyches subs actually affect the game.

jojomk1
Been Liked: 842 times
Has Liked: 577 times

Post by jojomk1 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:55 am

Murger wrote:If you're the manager and lumping up top to 2 big 'uns doesn't work, what would you do?
Bring on an even taller "big un" and launch it even higher - but not before 80 mins
These 2 users liked this post: Murger claretfern

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:16 am

willsclarets wrote:Must admit I do find it odd he hasn't had more of a shot. Barnes and Wood had an excellent spell together but after 2 or 3 games where it went stale you'd think he'd keep them on their toes by changing the dynamic up top. Alex Ferguson was a master at keeping 4 strikers happy by promising specific games he thought suited them or being quick to react if someone was off their game. Different of course when you have world class players, but the principle in the same. I rate Dyche massively but he's slow to react if we're clearly struggling. It took him a heck of a long time to realise Hendrick wasn't suited to playing behind the striker too.
Not an anti Dyche post I think the guy has worked miracles, but he has to be more flexible.
Exactly what I think

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:19 am

I feel sorry for the lad it is not fair to bring him on in the last minute of a game. Last Saturday Barnes made little contribution. Vydra should have been given the last 20 - 30 minutes
This user liked this post: South West Claret.

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:24 am

Top Claret wrote:I feel sorry for the lad it is not fair to bring him on in the last minute of a game. Last Saturday Barnes made little contribution. Vydra should have been given the last 20 - 30 minutes

Yes I think that’s the point most of us have been making all season.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2106 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:46 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:Only got to the bottom of page 1, already feels like I stumbled into an anti-dyche bitching party think page 2 could be too much with some of the whoppers already involved.
It's called expressing an opinion mate. I forgot that wasn't allowed by the Dyche can do no wrong Gestapo on here.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:48 am

Expressing an opinion is a bit different from constant whinging. You are allowed to whinge as much as you do, I just choose to skip past it.

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3147 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:13 am

jrgbfc wrote:It's called expressing an opinion mate. I forgot that wasn't allowed by the Dyche can do no wrong Gestapo on here.
As Bill Bullard said - Opinion is really the lowest form of all knowledge. it requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy. for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:14 am

Chester Perry wrote:As Bill Bullard said - Opinion is really the lowest form of all knowledge. it requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy. for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world
Thing is, many of us have tried to see things from Dyche's point of view on this, and we are utterly baffled.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:17 am

ZizkovClaret wrote:Thing is, many of us have tried to see things from Dyche's point of view on this, and we are utterly baffled.
all that says is that we have failed to fully empathasise with him - me included on this one

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:24 am

Chester Perry wrote:all that says is that we have failed to fully empathasise with him - me included on this one
It is hard to empathise without knowing more frankly. All we are able to do is question without further knowledge

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:30 am

your right Zizkov but my original point was about opinion, and not seeking to understand

claretfern
Been Liked: 138 times
Has Liked: 1262 times

Post by claretfern » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:37 am

Wolves game will be: same line up, same tactics, same subs...

Alanstevensonsgloves
Been Liked: 342 times
Has Liked: 399 times

Post by Alanstevensonsgloves » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:37 am

willsclarets wrote:Must admit I do find it odd he hasn't had more of a shot. Barnes and Wood had an excellent spell together but after 2 or 3 games where it went stale you'd think he'd keep them on their toes by changing the dynamic up top. Alex Ferguson was a master at keeping 4 strikers happy by promising specific games he thought suited them or being quick to react if someone was off their game. Different of course when you have world class players, but the principle in the same. I rate Dyche massively but he's slow to react if we're clearly struggling. It took him a heck of a long time to realise Hendrick wasn't suited to playing behind the striker too.
Very true - how long were we all shouting for Ben Mee to be moved to centre back before it actually happened!?

South West Claret.

Post by South West Claret. » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:40 am

Some or all of this “void of information” on the subject may be able to be cleared up by a journalist asking SD at a pre or post match conference why he didn’t bring Vydra on sooner, as have I said before in the thread.
This user liked this post: claretfern

Dark Cloud

Post by Dark Cloud » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:49 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:Only got to the bottom of page 1, already feels like I stumbled into an anti-dyche bitching party think page 2 could be too much with some of the whoppers already involved.
No way am I anti Dyche and I'm the first to come out and say he's THE reason we've had 6 brilliant years and I hope he stays another 6 and I hope our success continues. AND a great deal of that success has been built on playing to our strengths and the long ball into the box and winning those physical, aerial duels has been a big part of that. I'm not even ever remotely interested in criticising our "style" of football (as some do). As I said on another thread, I'm never bored or frustrated or fed up with our "hoofball" tactics or any of our tactics if we get a result. I simply skip off to the pub and savour my real ale and I never sit there dreaming of some Utopia where Burnley play brilliant, expansive, tippy tappy football and are amazing to watch, but lose 5-4 every week. Bobbins to all that!! BUT when things aren't working and a game is clearly heading down the pan and when an alternative has been expensively acquired and is sitting right there doing nowt, it would seem daft not to give it a try, rather than doing the same old, same old. That's all.
This user liked this post: Darnhill Claret

vinrogue
Been Liked: 319 times
Has Liked: 184 times

Post by vinrogue » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:50 am

Why did Vokes leave? Lack of game time, lack of starting. Why will Vydra leave? Lack of game time, lack of starting? If you can't keep the squad happy then something is wrong perhaps? Plus, when we go out to buy the next striker to replace Vokes and Crouch and the Agent says will my player be your number one striker as Sheffield United and Norwich are both interested him as their main striker..........and on and on and on and on.....

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:55 am

Dark Cloud wrote:No way am I anti Dyche and I'm the first to come out and say he's THE reason we've had 6 brilliant years and I hope he stays another 6 and I hope our success continues. AND a great deal of that success has been built on playing to our strengths and the long ball into the box and winning those physical, aerial duels has been a big part of that. I'm not even ever remotely interested in criticising our "style" of football (as some do). As I said on another thread, I'm never bored or frustrated or fed up with our "hoofball" tactics or any of our tactics if we get a result. I simply skip off to the pub and savour my real ale and I never sit there dreaming of some Utopia where Burnley play brilliant, expansive, tippy tappy football and are amazing to watch, but lose 5-4 every week. Bobbins to all that!! BUT when things aren't working and a game is clearly heading down the pan and when an alternative has been expensively acquired and is sitting right there doing nowt, it would seem daft not to give it a try, rather than doing the same old, same old. That's all.

Your post points more to a balanced view than whinging, which is a far more sensible approach than the negative group (some who don't even go on) on here.

burnleymik
Been Liked: 1171 times
Has Liked: 2916 times

Post by burnleymik » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:16 pm

Murger wrote:If you're the manager and lumping up top to 2 big 'uns doesn't work, what would you do?
bring a bigger 'un on? :D

claretcarrot93
Been Liked: 403 times
Has Liked: 77 times

Post by claretcarrot93 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:44 pm

jrgbfc wrote:It's called expressing an opinion mate. I forgot that wasn't allowed by the Dyche can do no wrong Gestapo on here.
I have never seen Claretonthecoast give an opinion. He just name calls people who's opinion he doesn't like

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:52 pm

claretcarrot93 wrote:I have never seen Claretonthecoast give an opinion. He just name calls people who's opinion he doesn't like

Which opinion would you like ?

Should he have more game time - yes
Should Dyche have to come out and explain his decisions - no (you trust the manager)
Would I prefer to have a better season - yes
Do I wish the squad was better - yes
Do I wish we signed a couple more players in January - yes

Can I control any of those by whinging - No

Would you like any other opinions ?

claretcarrot93
Been Liked: 403 times
Has Liked: 77 times

Post by claretcarrot93 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:05 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:Which opinion would you like ?

Should Dyche have to come out and explain his decisions - no (you trust the manager)

Thats much better and I also agree with all of that. See isn't it much better giving an opinion rather than swiping at everyone who bad mouths the club. For what its worth there are a lot of people on here who go OTT with the Burnley hate but its better to just ignore them.

bobinho
Been Liked: 4092 times
Has Liked: 6568 times

Post by bobinho » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:12 pm

Dark Cloud wrote:Absolutely spot on. It might not be the case every day, but Saturday was crying out for someone like Vydra to be given a go early because he offers something different, something they don't like, don't think we're capable of and don't expect. Teams probably spend all week dealing with long high balls in training before they play us because we are so predictable, even with the changes we make during a game.
We make changes? :?:

Dark Cloud

Post by Dark Cloud » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:19 pm

bobinho wrote:We make changes? :?:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Well yes, of sorts, but nothing REALLY changes so they're hard to spot, I totally agree!!

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:22 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:The problem is, looking at the figures by trying to do it cheap weve ended up far from it.
Buy cheap, buy 8 (and counting) eh?
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:23 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:Which opinion would you like ?

Honestly, how long does the 2nd stay as "no"? He has an asset the club paid good money for, and he is being under-used

Dark Cloud

Post by Dark Cloud » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:36 pm

claretfern wrote:Wolves game will be: same line up, same tactics, same subs...
Minus Vydra who will no doubt be on the naughty step rather than the bench!

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:39 pm

Pstotto wrote:They've bought two lousy past-it players in Hart and Crouch, total anomalies to the ambition of the fans, one played for political reasons beyond all sense to destroy the first half of the season and then Crouch coming on again for political reasons instead of Vydra.

Something is happening behind the scenes to lean on Burnley in this manner, what else? Vokes to Stoke?????? Vydra not played. I think he's being made a muppet of.
What eactly is it with the Hart knockers? Have people got no memories? He was brought in because BOTH our England goalies were out injured, he was brought in out of necessity. When he played he played well enough at times to gain us points that we wouldn't have now and there is an argument to say that if we hadn't had him we might be worse off than we are now. Maybe he was kept in the side too long after Heaton was fit but then we don't know the reason for that. For goodness sake Hart may be past his best but he's still a good goalie and not the apparent duck egg that some on here seem to think he is. Would you really, honestly have rather had Lindegard or Legzdins in goal? I wouldn't.

It is usual on here I suppose for some to take a dislike to a player and bang on about it ad nauseum (Hendrick? Long? Taylor?) so I suppose this kind of thing shouldn't be a surprise. In Harts case I think too many people didn't like him even before he signed so when he came here they had to get the knives out to be consistent.

claret_in_exile
Been Liked: 77 times
Has Liked: 326 times

Post by claret_in_exile » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:48 pm

Dyched wrote:I’ve just realised Vokes is no longer here hahahah :lol:
Wait until you hear who we got as his replacement ...
This user liked this post: Dyched

South West Claret.

Post by South West Claret. » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:28 pm

Just had a thought has anyone on here actually emailed SD at the club and asked him directly why he’s reluctant to give Vydra more game time.

Papabendi
Been Liked: 346 times
Has Liked: 48 times

Post by Papabendi » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:43 pm

Did Dyche want Vydra, ultimately?

Or was he a panic buy by Garlick once it was clear we were not going to get Rodriguez? The timing seems telling to me.

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by Pstotto » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:15 pm

You watch the goals he's conceded and his 'oh no beaten' jibe as he makes a show of saving them. There's one header, I can't remember the match and he jumps like he's in his aerobic class as ball goes straight through between his hands... Notwithstanding the acrobatic theatre at Fulham, Batman's stooge yah at Pinewood Studios wherever.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5070 times
Has Liked: 6843 times

Post by bfcjg » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:30 pm

He needs to buy some stilts.

Billyblah
Been Liked: 170 times
Has Liked: 29 times

Post by Billyblah » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:20 pm

claptrappers_union wrote:He just has to learn to be patient, look at Vokes, Barnes, Tarkowski and Wood, they signed and then almost became fringe players, then their time comes and they are better for it.
When you're fourth bottom and very close to being relegated, patience needs to give way to the need to give the guy much more than 2 minute cameo appearances. Wood and Barnes seemed to drop their heads against 10 man Leicester. And Crouch? Well he ran around like a headless chicken for his brief spell on the pitch. We're in serious trouble.

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 773 times
Has Liked: 1427 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:28 pm

Interesting that Vydra has been built up to be the next Messi until we went on the unbeaten run.

Now we have lost a few games it appears he is better than we first thought. Ignoring the FA cup game he was on the pitch for.