Sport.cz - Vydra frustrated at strange excuses from Dyche

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2145 times
Has Liked: 3063 times

Sport.cz - Vydra frustrated at strange excuses from Dyche

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:05 pm

Crazy reason! Why don't I play at Burnley? The coach told me that I laugh a little, shakes the Otter's head
Today 18:50 - Prague
Original link: https://www.sport.cz/fotbal/reprezentac ... vydra.html

In the summer, after two years, he returned to the Premier League, from Derby County for eight million euros (over 200 million crowns) bought by Burnley. The striker Matěj Vydra was looking forward to great matches against world stars, full stadiums. But reality is different. After a promising introduction, the Czech national team striker is sitting on a bench, not hiding great frustration.

"It hasn't been easy, the situation is not ideal at all," said Vydra during a national team meeting, which is preparing for a Friday qualifying duel in England and subsequent home training with Brazil.

Are you trying to solve your situation in Burnley?

In January, we were looking for a loan move with the agent, six offers appeared. Two of the second English league, something from Italy and Turkey. But coach Sean Dyche told me that I was a different type of attacker than the rest. And that he wants to have me in the squad. So nothing came of the loan offers.

Did he explain why he overlooks you? And once in a while he puts you in play, and only during closing minutes?

I don't know why he's like that. I talked to him, I'm doing everything right. I like the training, but it seems to have been tactically different. And then he said one interesting thing.

Talk.

That I smile a little at training. The only negative thing he's got at me. When I arrived at Burnley, I started twice in a row, we won both games. Then he took me out from nowhere. I didn't know and I don't know what happened, what I'm doing wrong. Then he told me that I laughed a little.

Are you making yourself smile now?

There's a smile sometimes. But I'm not like Brazilians who have been laughing from ear to ear for months. Perhaps it is up to me to know the frustration of reality. Waiting is long. It is strange, however, that once the trainer took me out, we didn't win twelve games. But the lineup is the same, practically nothing changes in the attack.

Do you experience great disillusionment?

I was trying to find a loan move In vain. I must be patient and smile more ... And wait for something to come. The most frustrating thing about it, maybe it will sound bad, but in ninety minutes we won't get to anything at Liverpool, I'll come in for a minute and take the goal. Or with Leicester. We're losing, going to the court for two minutes, and I have more shots than three of our attackers combined.

Did you come to mood to meet?

The truth is, I'm fed up at Burnley in a minute. But I am happy to be on such an occasion when two attractive matches await us.

Do you take a match with England at Wembley and as a chance to show coach Dych that he is making a mistake when he doesn't play you?

If the game came out, I'd send him a clear message. But first of all, I would have to get in, give in and I could just say something.
Last edited by ŽižkovClaret on Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bop
Been Liked: 243 times
Has Liked: 343 times

Re: Vydra frustrated at strange escuses from Dyche

Post by Bop » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:08 pm

I’m even more confused now.
This user liked this post: Foulthrow

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Re: Vydra frustrated at strange excuses from Dyche

Post by thatdberight » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:10 pm

I'm surprisingly the Sean with understanding can home from the hand make if her. The words with up and around through its will not run of the way. He must now be laughing like the Koreans with hairstyles - but not in a crazy kind.
These 7 users liked this post: randomclaret2 bobinho groove IndigoLake Stalbansclaret Sonic Fretters

CleggHall
Been Liked: 838 times
Has Liked: 1044 times

Re: Vydra frustrated at strange excuses from Dyche

Post by CleggHall » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:10 pm

No surprise there then, the lad is clearly frustrated/disappointed and has never really been given a chance - perplexing to say the least.
These 3 users liked this post: bobinho burnleymik cricketfieldclarets

Goobs
Been Liked: 1459 times
Has Liked: 992 times

Post by Goobs » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:10 pm

Thanks for that ZC. Think I got the point of it and can't say I blame him.
These 2 users liked this post: bobinho cricketfieldclarets

Dyched
Been Liked: 1921 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Re: Sport.cz - Vydra frustrated at strange excuses from Dyche

Post by Dyched » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:11 pm

It’s strange when probably the Vokes/Ings partnership was so successful. Vydra is the closest player we could get to Ings.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:12 pm

Goobs wrote:Thanks for that ZC. Think I got the point of it and can't say I blame him.
No worries, ill try and tidy the translation up a bit shortly

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:14 pm

It makes about as much sense as SD's post match interviews
This user liked this post: lesxdp

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1747 times
Has Liked: 345 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:18 pm

He just has to learn to be patient, look at Vokes, Barnes, Tarkowski and Wood, they signed and then almost became fringe players, then their time comes and they are better for it.

bobinho
Been Liked: 4070 times
Has Liked: 6538 times

Post by bobinho » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:18 pm

I understand his frustration.

Does everything he can in a positive way, has an affect on proceedings then gets dropped and ignored when a game really could do with his particular strengths.
This user liked this post: burnley007

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2490 times
Has Liked: 761 times

Post by ksrclaret » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:19 pm

Good old Brexit Sean, the only surprise is that he was ever bought in the first place.

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3116 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:19 pm

I suggest the translation of smile is more likely to mean light hearted - and we all know it is full intensity with the manager - hearts minds and all that

at least that is the only way I can make sense of it - oh and £8m is better than the circa £12m most have suggested

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:20 pm

claptrappers_union wrote:He just has to learn to be patient, look at Vokes, Barnes, Tarkowski and Wood, they signed and then almost became fringe players, then their time comes and they are better for it.
Honestly i can't agree. The comparison is with Gray or Wood, both of whom came as the previous season Championship top scorers, and both got far more of a chance.

It is frankly bizarre how he isnt at least coming on on the 60 minute mark if the Wood / Barnes combo hasn't fired.
These 4 users liked this post: burnleymik cricketfieldclarets Taffy on the wing tiger76

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2490 times
Has Liked: 761 times

Post by ksrclaret » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:23 pm

claptrappers_union wrote:He just has to learn to be patient, look at Vokes, Barnes, Tarkowski and Wood, they signed and then almost became fringe players, then their time comes and they are better for it.
If those players had to bide their time, it's because those in front of them were doing so well.

That is absolutely not the case with Vydra, because for the most part the players in front of him have been rancid.
These 2 users liked this post: burnleymik cricketfieldclarets

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1780 times
Has Liked: 1777 times

Post by dougcollins » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:23 pm

The Otter has more chance of getting on.
This user liked this post: randomclaret2

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2103 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Post by bfccrazy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:25 pm

Chester Perry wrote:I suggest the translation of smile is more likely to mean light hearted - and we all know it is full intensity with the manager - hearts minds and all that

at least that is the only way I can make sense of it - oh and £8m is better than the circa £12m most have suggested
I thought he meant that Dyche thinks he needs to laugh and smile more. Which is probably just not his style, some players will be jokers whereas Vydra from his debut seems the type to put a lot of pressure on himself when he plays.

It’s worked for him over his career - maybe doesn’t gel a reason well with Dyche wanting him to laugh and joke around more but all players are different. If he plays with a frown and keeps scoring and doesn’t disrupt the dressing room off the pitch then surely his approach to playing/training should be respected.
This user liked this post: spadesclaret

Marney&Mee
Been Liked: 655 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by Marney&Mee » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:26 pm

pstotto couldn’t have written it any better...
This user liked this post: Claretmatt4

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:27 pm

bfccrazy wrote:I thought he meant that Dyche thinks he needs to laugh and smile more. Which is probably just not his style, some players will be jokers whereas Vydra from his debut seems the type to put a lot of pressure on himself when he plays.

It’s worked for him over his career - maybe doesn’t gel a reason well with Dyche wanting him to laugh and joke around more but all players are different. If he plays with a frown and keeps scoring and doesn’t disrupt the dressing room off the pitch then surely his approach to playing/training should be respected.
Quite frankly if a player isnt playing and looks happy, i'd be more unhappy with him. I want players to be p*****d off when not playing, but with Vydra now it's getting beyond a joke

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:27 pm

They had to bide their time as they had players in front of them offering the same skills.

Vydra was brought in for something different, then we’re on a bad run of games and we’re not trying our different options.
Last edited by bfccrazy on Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:29 pm

ZizkovClaret wrote:Quite frankly if a player isnt playing and looks happy, i'd be more unhappy with him. I want players to be p*****d off when not playing, but with Vydra now it's getting beyond a joke
I agree, each player will have their own attitude to football - Vydra night not laugh and joke as much as others but it won’t help at all being left out when you can see everything isn’t going right on the pitch and you can’t do anything.

It’s actually refreshing to see a player wanting to play rather than be happy to pick up a wage and just laugh and smile.

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:30 pm

Surely Tarks is The Otter ?
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat burnleymik

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:30 pm

Czechs can be dour f***ers at times, but honestly, the lad has every right to have t'cob on

Dyched

Post by Dyched » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:32 pm

ZizkovClaret wrote:Quite frankly if a player isnt playing and looks happy, i'd be more unhappy with him. I want players to be p*****d off when not playing, but with Vydra now it's getting beyond a joke
He’s like me is Vydra. Face like a slapped arse but it’s all just a party on the inside. Give him a beer before training and all be reyt

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:34 pm

Dyched wrote:It’s strange when probably the Vokes/Ings partnership was so successful. Vydra is the closest player we could get to Ings.
He's very close to Vokes. Alphabetically.

claretspice
Been Liked: 2801 times
Has Liked: 138 times

Post by claretspice » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:34 pm

bfccrazy wrote:I thought he meant that Dyche thinks he needs to laugh and smile more. Which is probably just not his style, some players will be jokers whereas Vydra from his debut seems the type to put a lot of pressure on himself when he plays.

All smacks of mistranslation this. My reading is that its most likely Dyche has told Vydra he's a bit intense and trieds a bit too hard to do a bit too much on the field at times, and needs to relax and do the simple things for the team. That's certainly in line with how I'd suggest he's appeared when he has appeared for us.

Every character is different and I don't suppose Dyche requires everyone to be a practical joker. But he does emphasise the importance of players pulling together for the team.

For what it's worth, I think it's a bit surprising Vydra hasn't had more game time- especially as a sub in games like Saturday when we've been crying out for more trickiness in our attacking play. But Bournemouth at home apart he's not shown enough in his limited opportunities to suggest he's making an undeniable case for inclusion.

Dyched

Post by Dyched » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:35 pm

thatdberight wrote:He's very close to Vokes. Alphabetically.
I’ve just realised Vokes is no longer here hahahah :lol:

boyyanno
Been Liked: 499 times
Has Liked: 115 times

Post by boyyanno » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:41 pm

A very strange situation. Dyche wants to keep him because he's "different" to other strikers in our squad. The problem is regardless of the tactics or opposition or even decisions in game, he's not getting a sniff.

This weekend was the perfect example of how tactically wrong you can get a game. Playing against ten men you want to move the ball around the pitch, not lump it forwards into a congested area to be easily defended. Vydra is the sort of man that can move the ball around and make things happen. It was the perfect game for him and yet he comes on when the game is dead and we're 2-1 down. The biggest issue for me is that I understand the need to have players with different strengths, but when you point blank refuse to use them in situations they're suited too, it sort of makes you wonder why he's here or what the point is.

I don't blame him in the slightest for that interview, and in the last 12 month's this is another to add to the list that has not been a happy camper and has been vocal about it, something that rarely happened prior to the last twelve months under Dyche.

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:45 pm

Whole situation with Vydra has made no sense from the start. Dropped for no reason, now gets 2 minutes if he’s lucky, then when he finally starts a cup game and we win he is rewarded with being stuck as lone striker (not his position) at the Ehihad against City.

Would really love to get inside Dyche’s head and find out what on Earth he expects playing Vydra as a lone striker in a game when our only outlet will be the long ball. Genuinely bizarre.
These 2 users liked this post: burnleymik claretgimmer

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:45 pm

Can't blame the lad for being hacked off. Must be pretty demoralising turning up for training day in day out knowing you're never gonna be given a chance no matter what happens.
This user liked this post: burnleymik

Giftonsnoidea
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 248 times

Post by Giftonsnoidea » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:46 pm

Sounds like a lack of understanding that Europeans have a different culture to ours. It’s a good thing the guy is ****** off not playing, sounds like he hasn’t got a scooby why his manager won’t play him cos when he does play he always makes an impact.

I don’t play you because you don’t smile enough, lol

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:49 pm

Very happy to read this. Because its far better than reading hes happy here. And the interview suggests he doesnt believe he could be trying or working any harder.

Dyche refuses to loan him. Because he is different. But refuses to play him probably for the same reason.

Bizarre. But not the first foreign striker this has happened to under Dyche. In fact you can claim at Burnley as a whole with papadopoulos and berisha other examples of rare occasions looking overseas and then not playing them.

Very odd. And small time in my opinion.

snapcrackleandpop
Been Liked: 122 times
Has Liked: 151 times

Post by snapcrackleandpop » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:50 pm

“Bournemouth at home apart he's not shown enough in his limited opportunities to suggest he's making an undeniable case for inclusion.”
I bet he’s not had 45mins since the Bournemouth game 5mins here and there is a waste of time, pretty shameful by Dyche.
I hope he plays against England and is MOM (still loses though).

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:51 pm

Giftonsnoidea wrote:Sounds like a lack of understanding that Europeans have a different culture to ours. It’s a good thing the guy is ****** off not playing, sounds like he hasn’t got a scooby why his manager won’t play him cos when he does play he always makes an impact.

I don’t play you because you don’t smile enough, lol
Dyche clearly wants a squad of British players who wet themselves laughing at his worm eating "bantz". That's why we brought Crouchy in.
This user liked this post: Giftonsnoidea

Giftonsnoidea
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 248 times

Post by Giftonsnoidea » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:51 pm

It’s like what happened with Defour took him a year to get in the side proper and having to jump through hoops to get absolutely super fit before playing in Dyche’s team on a regular basis. Just needs to become Mighty Mouse and he’ll be in the team every week no problem.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:57 pm

Giftonsnoidea wrote:It’s like what happened with Defour took him a year to get in the side proper and having to jump through hoops to get absolutely super fit before playing in Dyche’s team on a regular basis. Just needs to become Mighty Mouse and he’ll be in the team every week no problem.
Defour played 24 games in his first season. 25 in the second.
Dyche simply doesnt rate, didnt sign or doesnt like (or all 3) vydra.

beddie
Been Liked: 1384 times
Has Liked: 511 times

Post by beddie » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:58 pm

I'd be asking for a move at the end of the season, it's ridiculous to keep him on the bench when he has something different to offer, last Saturday was an ideal time but we bring on Crouch. It really is puzzling.
This user liked this post: summitclaret

Right_winger
Been Liked: 492 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by Right_winger » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:01 pm

It’s looking like Vydra wasn’t a Dyche signing after all which makes his recruitment ( or lack of ) even more hapless.

From the little Iv seen of Vydra he’a looked decent and certainly has attributes to cause problems. Maybe he doesn’t get back and defend enough for Dyche? Or maybe he’s too skilled and Dyche doesn’t know what to do with him.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:01 pm

snapcrackleandpop wrote:“Bournemouth at home apart he's not shown enough in his limited opportunities to suggest he's making an undeniable case for inclusion.”
I bet he’s not had 45mins since the Bournemouth game 5mins here and there is a waste of time, pretty shameful by Dyche.
I hope he plays against England and is MOM (still loses though).
If tarkowski can get in the England side......vydra a a cert for his country .

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3170 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:01 pm

In the times that we have seen him he has provided something different and in the limited minutes that we have seen him and Crouch over the last few games they’ve looked a hell of a lot more effective than Barnes & Wood

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:07 pm

tim_noone wrote:If tarkowski can get in the England side......vydra a a cert for his country .
Czech's aren't really blessed with strikers tbh. Schick stands out, but then its much of a muchness between Vydra and the veteran Skoda at Slavia. I'd expect Schick to start v England with Vydra wide or as no10 with Sural/Skoda coming on later

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:09 pm

He'll get his chance v Wolves.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Post by IanMcL » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:18 pm

Good luck to him, at Wembley.

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by Pstotto » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:19 pm

They've bought two lousy past-it players in Hart and Crouch, total anomalies to the ambition of the fans, one played for political reasons beyond all sense to destroy the first half of the season and then Crouch coming on again for political reasons instead of Vydra.

Something is happening behind the scenes to lean on Burnley in this manner, what else? Vokes to Stoke?????? Vydra not played. I think he's being made a muppet of.

box_of_frogs
Been Liked: 1087 times
Has Liked: 996 times

Post by box_of_frogs » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:26 pm

beddie wrote:I'd be asking for a move at the end of the season, it's ridiculous to keep him on the bench when he has something different to offer, last Saturday was an ideal time but we bring on Crouch. It really is puzzling.
Not puzzling when we insist on playing hoof ball.

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:27 pm

On a lighter note, Poborsky looks different!

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2367 times
Has Liked: 3781 times

Post by JohnMac » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:31 pm

I doubt he would be treated the same at any of the other struggling clubs.

It must be down to our staff why we can't integrate him into the side, they don't have a healthy record with non British/Irish players.

Yes I know Wood is from NZ and Defour is from Belgium but so were Howieson and Vossen.

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2568 times
Has Liked: 300 times

Post by dandeclaret » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:35 pm

Zizkov....... I thought you were cured. It’s been at least 40 days since you mentioned Vydra...... now you’re back in deep and :lol: :lol:

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2568 times
Has Liked: 300 times

Post by dandeclaret » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:38 pm

JohnMac wrote:I doubt he would be treated the same at any of the other struggling clubs.

It must be down to our staff why we can't integrate him into the side, they don't have a healthy record with non British/Irish players.

Yes I know Wood is from NZ and Defour is from Belgium but so were Howieson and Vossen.
And Gudmundsson...... but apart from those who have been good enough to get in the first xi, why hasn’t he picked more foreigners who aren’t as good as what we have..... beats me
Last edited by dandeclaret on Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cubanclaret
Been Liked: 286 times
Has Liked: 139 times

Post by Cubanclaret » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:39 pm

Vydra was a Dyche signing, albeit not his first choice in the summer. He chose to sign him.
I think the problem has been that he wasn’t too fit at the start, didn’t have a Dyche style pre-season and ever since the manager hasn’t fancied him. Unfortunately his cameos have not always gone well, I totally agree that it’s not fair to judge him on that but on a couple of occasions (arsenal away as example) he’s not looked physically up to it and he’s looked a bit out of his depth. Wood had a really poor start to the season but Dyche stuck with him and played him into form eventually.
As for the interview, I think you can tell enough that he’s very frustrated and wishes the club had loaned him out. The kid just wants to play football. Reminds me of the Bamford situation more than anything.
Last edited by Cubanclaret on Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scouseclaret
Been Liked: 857 times
Has Liked: 264 times

Post by scouseclaret » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:46 pm

Sure there must be another side to this story, but from the evidence on the pitch you’ve got to sympathise with him. He’s certainly done enough in the limited opportunities he’s had to deserve more than a few minutes at the end of games. Not being fair to him at the moment, particular when Wood/Barnes have been so poor.