feminism

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Re: feminism

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:12 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:He is a male, some mates know him, he is though by all accounts different in person as he is to online.
So a typical troll then?
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:37 pm

houseboy wrote:I've actually replied to this once but for whatever reason it's disappeared (or wasn't there in the first place :roll: ).
My orignal reply was roughly this:
Show me, IT, where I somehow demanded the right not to be criticised. What a bizarre statement considering I spent most of the time saying the complete opposite. I do wonder if your skim reading is up to scratch or if you read things and completely disregard what has actually been written. To repeat (not verbatim as I can't be bothered to copy and paste): I don't give a sh!t what people say about me on here.....it's just words.....I will not be in any way offended or upset about anything anyone says about me.....etc etc etc . You've even contradicted yourself by accusing me, in the same post, of demanding the right not to be criticised AND spending 4 paragraphs telling you that my initial stupid opinion wasn't important'. Which is it IT? Make your mind up bud, do I demand that people don't criticise me or do I think that even my own opinion is unimportant? There is reading between the lines then there is not reading the bloody lines at all then making it up as you go along.

I can accept that for whatever reason things confuse you but how can you get it so spectacularly wrong? By the way people who call other people stupid usually do so because they have completely run out of logical argument.

Please feel free to reply but try to do so with less anger, more logic and a modicum of common sense as I can't be bothered replying to drivel.

I'm actually going to have to spell this out to you, aren't I?

You said that you want to have the right to say something without someone else saying that you can't say that and that it's inappropriate. When someone says that to you then that it criticism. You want to have the right to be free of that.

Do. You. Understand. Now?

Cryssys
Been Liked: 141 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Cryssys » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:40 pm

What is it with you and women PPP? In the last week you’ve started three threads all of which are basically having a go at women:

• One about Katie Price
• One about International Women’s Day
• One about feminism

What’s your problem? Did your mother not love you?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:41 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:He is a male, some mates know him, he is though by all accounts different in person as he is to online.
You're right in one sense. I typically don't engage with absolute morons so if your mates think i'm different in person then it's because I've not allowed them to get to know me, because I either don't like them, or have no interest in them.

So when you say "some mates know him", no they don't.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:43 pm

KateR wrote:some interesting opinions for what they are worth, but a lot of you seem to believe 100% that IT is a male, I for one am not sure having read many of his posts. So if anyone actually wants to admit to knowing IT or having met, pray do tell as I would like to know for sure, but I do have a theory, or if you like a guess as to his gender.

am also not sure most of you actually understand feminism in reality and like many other posts on a host of subject pick the snippets you don't like, many of which I totally agree with to, PC has like many other things that happen in society, allowed the pendulum to swing to far in the other direction.

Some statements are very much the same as I think, with the main one being we need to be able to laugh at ourselves as well as others, when someone laughs at us for doing something silly we need to recognize this and laugh with them.

Yet at the end of the day there are still to many of you in the "get my dinner on the table when I am home from work love", it's part of your job description, plus I hope the ironing is done as I want this or the other tonight/tomorrow. There has to be a large middle ground the majority of us can agree on and leave the morons at the far end of the spectrum to criticize what male chauvinists & what rabid feminists want/demand.

Surely everyone regardless can admit that regardless of gender if you do the same job you should get the same pay, I don't believe women, or race for that matter should be given jobs as quotas need to be met, we all know it happens, but I do believe regardless people should be given a chance to prove themselves and be acknowledge accordingly.
Instead of you or anyone else speculating as to my gender how about you all just realise that my gender has **** all to do with anything I say.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8537 times
Has Liked: 18277 times

Post by Bosscat » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:49 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Instead of you or anyone else speculating as to my gender how about you all just realise that my gender has **** all to do with anything I say.
Calm down dear :lol: :lol: :lol:

Think about your blood pressure... on 2nd thoughts go for it :lol: :lol: :lol:

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:05 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:You're right in one sense. I typically don't engage with absolute morons so if your mates think i'm different in person then it's because I've not allowed them to get to know me, because I either don't like them, or have no interest in them.

So when you say "some mates know him", no they don't.

The comment was closer to "not a gobby **** when in person" but you are right despite you not knowing which 3 people it is you already know that you either don't like them or have no interest. Keep up the good word owen

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:05 pm

Bosscat wrote:Calm down dear :lol: :lol: :lol:

Think about your blood pressure... on 2nd thoughts go for it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't get him going he is on his 74th keyboard this year already

houseboy
Been Liked: 2240 times
Has Liked: 1618 times

Post by houseboy » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:28 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I'm actually going to have to spell this out to you, aren't I?

You said that you want to have the right to say something without someone else saying that you can't say that and that it's inappropriate. When someone says that to you then that it criticism. You want to have the right to be free of that.

Do. You. Understand. Now?
Do you know bud you aren't even very good at twisting words are you. I did say that people (not just me) should be free to speak there mind without being told they can't say it, I did not say it is criticism and I did not say that other people should be in some way gagged for an alternative view. Freedom of speech and expression is absolutely central to the core of my beliefs and if someone takes a sensible (or even nonsensical) opposing view that is fine. If you disagree with anything I say you have a right to do so and if you then attempt to in some way argue your point then again you have a right to do so, What you DON'T have a right to do is tell me I can't say something because it is opposed to your view or even the veiw of the general populace. There is a subtle difference (and subtlety doesn't appear to be your strong point) between arguing with people and just saying they can't speak or shouldn't speak. Are you beginning to understand?

Summing up:
1. I can handle any amount of criticism and do not ever get offended by anything anyone says.
2. If someone wishes to argue with me or criticise my standpoint on any issue they are entitled to do so.
3. With regard to point 1 and as an extension of that thinking I reserve the right to say something even if it is considered offensive by some. Offence is nearly always taken and very rarely given.
4. If someone takes an opposing view I do not consider that a criticism I consider it simply an opposing view.
5. If you or anyone else has a problem with anything I say then put accross an opposing view but DO NOT TELL ME I CAN'T SAY IT. The is not a logical or constructive argument it is simply an order to which I will never comply.

There you have it Mr Turquoise, I have put it to you in the simplest possible terms, now you will have to excuse me but I have more important things to deal with just now, none of which involves arguing with you all day.

Please note: due to time considerations and the need to get other things done I will not be drawn into any further discussion on this, besides arguing with you is like trying to negotiate a black hole and I do not intend to cross that particular event horizon. Some people just don't know when they have lost.

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:44 pm

houseboy wrote:Do you know bud you aren't even very good at twisting words are you. I did say that people (not just me) should be free to speak there mind without being told they can't say it, I did not say it is criticism and I did not say that other people should be in some way gagged for an alternative view. Freedom of speech and expression is absolutely central to the core of my beliefs and if someone takes a sensible (or even nonsensical) opposing view that is fine. If you disagree with anything I say you have a right to do so and if you then attempt to in some way argue your point then again you have a right to do so, What you DON'T have a right to do is tell me I can't say something because it is opposed to your view or even the veiw of the general populace. There is a subtle difference (and subtlety doesn't appear to be your strong point) between arguing with people and just saying they can't speak or shouldn't speak. Are you beginning to understand?

Summing up:
1. I can handle any amount of criticism and do not ever get offended by anything anyone says.
2. If someone wishes to argue with me or criticise my standpoint on any issue they are entitled to do so.
3. With regard to point 1 and as an extension of that thinking I reserve the right to say something even if it is considered offensive by some. Offence is nearly always taken and very rarely given.
4. If someone takes an opposing view I do not consider that a criticism I consider it simply an opposing view.
5. If you or anyone else has a problem with anything I say then put accross an opposing view but DO NOT TELL ME I CAN'T SAY IT. The is not a logical or constructive argument it is simply an order to which I will never comply.

There you have it Mr Turquoise, I have put it to you in the simplest possible terms, now you will have to excuse me but I have more important things to deal with just now, none of which involves arguing with you all day.

Please note: due to time considerations and the need to get other things done I will not be drawn into any further discussion on this, besides arguing with you is like trying to negotiate a black hole and I do not intend to cross that particular event horizon. Some people just don't know when they have lost.
IT reminds me very much of KeanO in IT's twisting of words.... do you think IT was KeanO in a former incarnation ;)

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:59 pm

Can you ask your friends if turtle ever does anything pro-active about anything he preaches about on here, or if hes just a virtue signaller

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:05 pm

Damo wrote:Can you ask your friends if turtle ever does anything pro-active about anything he preaches about on here, or if hes just a virtue signaller
Is virtue signaller a euphemism for wrist merchant ;)
This user liked this post: Damo

Cryssys

Post by Cryssys » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:43 pm

pushpinpussy wrote: Feminism is weak women using their gender as a reason for being weak.
What's your reason for being dumb?
These 2 users liked this post: dougcollins KateR

houseboy
Been Liked: 2240 times
Has Liked: 1618 times

Post by houseboy » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:52 pm

Bosscat wrote:IT reminds me very much of KeanO in IT's twisting of words.... do you think IT was KeanO in a former incarnation ;)
Do you know mate I was thinking exactly the same thing. I remember when you and I and various others used to tie that idiot in knots and he would still come back arguing. It reminds me of the knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail shouting 'come back and fight you coward' when he had lost all his limbs. The other Monty Python analogy is:

Excuse me, is this the right room for an argument?
I've told you once.
No you haven't.
Yes I have.

Ha ha.....life's too short bud.
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat KateR

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:57 pm

houseboy wrote:Do you know mate I was thinking exactly the same thing. I remember when you and I and various others used to tie that idiot in knots and he would still come back arguing. It reminds me of the knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail shouting 'come back and fight you coward' when he had lost all his limbs. The other Monty Python analogy is:

Excuse me, is this the right room for an argument?
I've told you once.
No you haven't.
Yes I have.

Ha ha.....life's too short bud.
Its a funny old game house.... ;)

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:09 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:The comment was closer to "not a gobby **** when in person" but you are right despite you not knowing which 3 people it is you already know that you either don't like them or have no interest. Keep up the good word owen
I don't need to know who you're on about, because if they actually knew me they'd know that nothing I say on here is out of character with my beliefs or opinions. The fact that they don't know that tells me that i've no interested in talking to them about anything.

Just because they know who I am doesn't mean they know me. And if they did know me then they wouldn't say i wasn't a gobby ****.

But hey, keep being obsessed with me. Whatever gets you off, i suppose.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:14 pm

houseboy wrote:Do you know bud you aren't even very good at twisting words are you. I did say that people (not just me) should be free to speak there mind without being told they can't say it, I did not say it is criticism and I did not say that other people should be in some way gagged for an alternative view. Freedom of speech and expression is absolutely central to the core of my beliefs and if someone takes a sensible (or even nonsensical) opposing view that is fine. If you disagree with anything I say you have a right to do so and if you then attempt to in some way argue your point then again you have a right to do so, What you DON'T have a right to do is tell me I can't say something because it is opposed to your view or even the veiw of the general populace. There is a subtle difference (and subtlety doesn't appear to be your strong point) between arguing with people and just saying they can't speak or shouldn't speak. Are you beginning to understand?

Summing up:

Jesus Christ, are you being deliberately stupid?

If someone tells you you can't say something, tell them to go **** themselves. Just because they told you you can't say it doesn't mean you can't say it. Why is that hard for you to figure out on your own? Stop being such a ******* snowflake about other people objecting to what you say, and stop with this fake oppression bullshit. If you say say something sexist or racist or whatever, and someone says "you can't say that", tell them to **** off. That's be the politically incorrect thing to do. They have every right to say "you can't say that" just the same as they have the right to say "two plus two equals five". They're wrong. That doesn't make you oppressed.

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by Pstotto » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:22 pm

Cum on Feel The Noiz, girls grab the boys...
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat houseboy

pushpinpussy
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 134 times

Post by pushpinpussy » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:49 pm

Cryssys wrote:What's your reason for being dumb?

should you not be at home making the tea at this time love ?

Cryssys

Post by Cryssys » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:15 pm

pushpinpussy wrote:should you not be at home making the tea at this time love ?
Did you think of that all on your own or did you get your mum to help you?