Betting - Confused

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
brexit
Been Liked: 234 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Betting - Confused

Post by brexit » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:57 pm

I don't know much about betting only do it when I am drunk!!!
I have a bet on for Dyche to be the next Premiership manager to leave his post if we get relegated then he leaves do I still get paid( if no-one gets sacked?)

happyclaret17
Been Liked: 446 times
Has Liked: 14 times

Re: Betting - Confused

Post by happyclaret17 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:06 pm

ask your bookie. Idealy prior to placing bet.
This user liked this post: ZizkovClaret

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:08 pm

You certainly don't know much about betting if you don't know that betting when drunk is a stupid thing to do. :roll:

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8429 times
Has Liked: 18098 times

Post by Bosscat » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:12 pm

dsr wrote:You certainly don't know much about betting if you don't know that betting when drunk is a stupid thing to do. :roll:
"You took the words right out of my mouth"
Last edited by Bosscat on Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brexit

Post by brexit » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:13 pm

dsr wrote:You certainly don't know much about betting if you don't know that betting when drunk is a stupid thing to do. :roll:
yes I know I even put out a £10 on Dyche being the next permanent manager of celtic because it was 5000/1

tybfc
Been Liked: 1304 times
Has Liked: 318 times

Post by tybfc » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:23 pm

brexit wrote:yes I know I even put out a £10 on Dyche being the next permanent manager of celtic because it was 5000/1
Did you have a few quid on us leaving the EU on the 29th March?

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:08 pm

brexit wrote:I don't know much about betting only do it when I am drunk!!!
I have a bet on for Dyche to be the next Premiership manager to leave his post if we get relegated then he leaves do I still get paid( if no-one gets sacked?)
You're unlikely to win that bet as SD would need to leave Burnley and get a job in Scotland or as a rugby union manager first.

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:34 pm

brexit wrote:I don't know much about betting only do it when I am drunk!!!
You have answered your own question. We will no longer be an EPL club if we get relegated at the end of the season. So no, you won't get a payout.

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2145 times
Has Liked: 3063 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:36 pm

Username "Brexit" and not thinking things through? Well i never.....
These 2 users liked this post: Billy Balfour Bosscat

Sausage
Been Liked: 637 times
Has Liked: 441 times

Post by Sausage » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:18 pm

Billy Balfour wrote:You have answered your own question. We will no longer be an EPL club if we get relegated at the end of the season. So no, you won't get a payout.
Not so fast, Billy. The nub of this is a legal issue relating to each club's membership of the Premier League. Rule B4 of the Premier League Handbook states:

'At the end of each Season the Board shall require each of the Clubs relegated in accordance with Rule C.14 to execute an instrument transferring its ordinary share in the League to such of the three clubs promoted to the League from The Football League as the Board directs.'

Every Premier League club has one ordinary share. This share give the club voting rights, legal rights and obligations. All 20 clubs enter into a binding contract for one 'contract year'. For this season the contract year runs from 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019.

Upon relegation, three clubs transfer their shares to the three promoted clubs. The promoted clubs have until 30 June 2019 to submit the relevant paperwork to the Premier League in order to receive their ordinary share. This means a promoted Championship club does not officially become a Premier League club until just after midnight on 1 July when the instrument is executed.

So the earliest that Burnley could seek to relinquish its ordinary share would be the day after the Championship play-off final because, until that date, BFC will not know which club it is transferring its share to. However, BFC would still legally be bound by the rules and regulations for the contract year 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019 and would still technically be a member of the Premier League until the stroke of midnight on 30 June 2019.

So, in answer to the OP's question, if Burnley get relegated and Sean Dyche gets potted on or before 30 June 2019, you should get paid out. But you might have to write a strongly worded letter to the bookmaker to get your cash.

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:41 pm

Someone should tell the Championship playoff winning teams not to celebrate their promotion until the (technical) 30 June 2019.

brexit

Post by brexit » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:57 pm

Sausage wrote:Not so fast, Billy. The nub of this is a legal issue relating to each club's membership of the Premier League. Rule B4 of the Premier League Handbook states:

'At the end of each Season the Board shall require each of the Clubs relegated in accordance with Rule C.14 to execute an instrument transferring its ordinary share in the League to such of the three clubs promoted to the League from The Football League as the Board directs.'

Every Premier League club has one ordinary share. This share give the club voting rights, legal rights and obligations. All 20 clubs enter into a binding contract for one 'contract year'. For this season the contract year runs from 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019.

Upon relegation, three clubs transfer their shares to the three promoted clubs. The promoted clubs have until 30 June 2019 to submit the relevant paperwork to the Premier League in order to receive their ordinary share. This means a promoted Championship club does not officially become a Premier League club until just after midnight on 1 July when the instrument is executed.

So the earliest that Burnley could seek to relinquish its ordinary share would be the day after the Championship play-off final because, until that date, BFC will not know which club it is transferring its share to. However, BFC would still legally be bound by the rules and regulations for the contract year 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019 and would still technically be a member of the Premier League until the stroke of midnight on 30 June 2019.

So, in answer to the OP's question, if Burnley get relegated and Sean Dyche gets potted on or before 30 June 2019, you should get paid out. But you might have to write a strongly worded letter to the bookmaker to get your cash.
Thanks for the ray of hope @-)

brexit

Post by brexit » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:58 pm

ZizkovClaret wrote:Username "Brexit" and not thinking things through? Well i never.....
That's unfair
signed

Brian Rexit
These 4 users liked this post: dsr JohnMac ZizkovClaret Falcon