Therapy for reality tv ‘stars’

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Therapy for reality tv ‘stars’

Post by Blackrod » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:29 pm

Fame at any cost as they have no talent. Using social media for adulation but then can’t take the criticism when it comes. Therapy ffs

mdd2
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Re: Therapy for reality tv ‘stars’

Post by mdd2 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:52 pm

They are not stars and it isn't reality-not sure why then therapy is needed. Maybe the therapy should be before the event not after.
That is not to say the poor man and family of the "stat" who has died isn't sad but maybe it is time for a dose of true reality, not TV 'reality"
This user liked this post: djt2006

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:53 pm

Reality TV has been around long enough that they should be aware of the pitfalls long before they go fame seeking.
The issue appears to be what happens when the work naturally dries up, or they're on the receiving end of some severe trolling.

Couldn't pay me enough to go on any of the shows.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5560 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:20 am

If they want therapy, let them go get it. They’ve earned money from doing jack ****, they should be able to afford it. Then they can probably sell their “my therapy hell” story to some **** magazine.

Probably a good time to ask: how the **** have we ended up with two members of the Dyer family polluting our screens?
These 2 users liked this post: Alanstevensonsgloves FactualFrank

theroyaldyche
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Post by theroyaldyche » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:56 am

Souther cants

Dyched
Been Liked: 1923 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:59 am

No fan of reality tv or these so called stars. But they same comments above can easiky be said about Drugs, gambling and alcohol.

houseboy
Been Liked: 2240 times
Has Liked: 1618 times

Post by houseboy » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:21 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Reality TV has been around long enough that they should be aware of the pitfalls long before they go fame seeking.
The issue appears to be what happens when the work naturally dries up, or they're on the receiving end of some severe trolling.

Couldn't pay me enough to go on any of the shows.
Well put bud. Although I would just say that although I hate the alleged 'reality' shows they COULD pay me enough to be on one - easy money and better than working for a living. :lol:

ClaretDiver
Been Liked: 553 times
Has Liked: 131 times

Post by ClaretDiver » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:10 am

I think there are deeper issues here. Whilst I agree with some of the sentiments on here I do think that the TV Production Company do have a duty of care after the show has finished.

For example, are they offered guidance and counselling on controlling social media, normal media, financial counselling.

I know that they should be aware of some of these things prior to applying but for some people it is an escape from 'normal' life. As HB put it, for some they could see it as a quick buck...

I don't think anyone is saying the taxpayer should pay for the counselling but that it should be part of the contract...
This user liked this post: Lancasterclaret

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2105 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Post by bfccrazy » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:53 pm

It’s a murky industry for sure.

Some of the biggest shows pay about £50 a day plus expenses to the people on them. After being on the shows though is when these people can earn some serious money ... it’s also when the shows think their duty of care has finished.

A lot of the images portrayed in reality tv are like soaps etc .. I remember reading reading about the actor who played Richard Hillman in Corrie getting abuse on the streets because of what he did on the show. He could walk off the show though and say “it’s not real” whereas with reality tv, the whole point of it is that it’s supposed to be real and a true reflection of the people on the show.

Reality TV is heavily scripted and angles/agendas are pushed onto the stars to make them look like lotharios and promiscuous .... without actually drawing a line beneath it all being an act for a show. You’ll then get a lad who could be quite shy, suddenly having to live 24/7 as something he’s not, or a girl who has to portray some promiscuous life that she didn’t really want to .... because that’s what now pays the bills.

I know a lad who has been on reality tv shows who is one of the nicest lads you will ever meet and down to earth .... he admits to having to live up to this persona created by the shows though as it earns him a decent wage and opens up more doors for him. It’s kind of like “paying the piper if you want to dance” - I guess they’ll go into that industry without actually knowing what is coming for them which is partially down to the shows themselves not providing help/information of how to deal with things and also the fact that a lot of these stars can go on to earn A LOTTTT or money very quickly whilst still being quite young, which will affect different people in different ways also.