Drugs dont hurt

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
# 1
mealdeal
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:06 pm
Been Liked: 33 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby mealdeal » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:37 am

You can go out and have a couple of pints or a great wine to actually enjoy the taste, as much as you can drink to get wasted. I can’t think of another drug that falls into that category.

Alcohol works on a different level to other ‘drugs’ in that there are two benefits, taste and effect. They can be enjoyed together or entirely independently.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

# 2
Jakubclaret
Posts: 1451
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:47 pm
Been Liked: 183 times
Has Liked: 147 times

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby Jakubclaret » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:47 am

mealdeal wrote:You can go out and have a couple of pints or a great wine to actually enjoy the taste, as much as you can drink to get wasted. I can’t think of another drug that falls into that category.

Alcohol works on a different level to other ‘drugs’ in that there are two benefits, taste and effect. They can be enjoyed together or entirely independently.

True, nearly all drugs have the potential to cause fatalities if mismanaged, which more often than not will also cause some sort of pain to the nearest & dearest.

# 3
cricketfieldclarets
Posts: 15211
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Been Liked: 5894 times
Has Liked: 8508 times

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby cricketfieldclarets » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:52 am

Jakubclaret wrote:It can certainly have the potential to, people exist who have unfortunately pricked themselves with a needle, binmen not wearing PPE or young children picking 1 up not knowing any better.

I almost stood on one by the car in a public car park in manchester opposite the areana last week. After I spotted it noticed at least another 5 or so more. Some absoultely filthy. Also seen lots on burnley canal as well. :(

# 4
cricketfieldclarets
Posts: 15211
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Been Liked: 5894 times
Has Liked: 8508 times

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby cricketfieldclarets » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:53 am

Jakubclaret wrote:True, nearly all drugs have the potential to cause fatalities if mismanaged, which more often than not will also cause some sort of pain to the nearest & dearest.

No you are wrong. Taking them apparently hurts nobody else. There is no emotional pain with watching someone you know take drugs. Even if they do or dont die

# 5
Jakubclaret
Posts: 1451
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:47 pm
Been Liked: 183 times
Has Liked: 147 times

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby Jakubclaret » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:57 am

cricketfieldclarets wrote:I almost stood on one by the car in a public car park in manchester opposite the areana last week. After I spotted it noticed at least another 5 or so more. Some absoultely filthy. Also seen lots on burnley canal as well. :(

I can easily believe it, hence posting earlier about the needles & how people can be jabbed going about their daily business doesn't really apply to binmen or young children exclusively anybody can potentially be jabbed, junkies aren't renowned for sensibly discarding, needle exchanges as helped reducing.

# 6
cricketfieldclarets
Posts: 15211
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Been Liked: 5894 times
Has Liked: 8508 times

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby cricketfieldclarets » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:00 am

Jakubclaret wrote:I can easily believe it, hence posting earlier about the needles & how people can be jabbed going about their daily business doesn't really apply to binmen or young children exclusively anybody can potentially be jabbed, junkies aren't renowned for sensibly discarding, needle exchanges as helped reducing.

It was weird. It was a bit of a crappy car park and we were parked in the corner which was s mess. I thought i bet theres allsorts of **** here when i get out. Yep. I was right. Fortunately i looked down.

As for the canal. I didnt necessarily expect to see it there. Again luckily I did. A good few of them.

# 7
Chuckypad
Posts: 257
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:29 am
Been Liked: 90 times
Has Liked: 142 times

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby Chuckypad » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:06 am

They also provide the inspiration to some great songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bCdrDhUjPo

# 8
TheFamilyCat
Posts: 4182
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:56 pm
Been Liked: 2306 times
Has Liked: 66 times

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby TheFamilyCat » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:07 am

I worked at a college in Bradford, we had a disposal box on site because there were so many needles found outside the building. Our maintenance bloke went round every morning picking them up. Shocking state of affairs.

# 9
mdd2
Posts: 3190
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:47 pm
Been Liked: 972 times
Has Liked: 423 times

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby mdd2 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:22 am

If alcohol and tobacco appeared now for the first time they too would be banned.
Personally I think legalising drugs should occur but the problem would be that if we taxed them like booze and cigs there would still be the uncontrolled muck coming onto our streets much like we have with illicit booze and cigs although only a small proportion of the total.
Deaths like the lass quoted would still occur much as we have deaths from tobacco and alcohol.
There are however innocent victims from tobacco via passive smoke, alcohol and drugs via accidents and criminal behaviour.
All need some form of control and IMO legalising drugs offers the best chance of getting some control and reducing their harm

# 10
evensteadiereddie
Posts: 4407
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:45 pm
Been Liked: 1313 times
Has Liked: 4058 times
Location: Staffordshire

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby evensteadiereddie » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:23 am

Can't wait for the footy to start again.

# 11
taio
Posts: 4659
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:17 am
Been Liked: 1376 times
Has Liked: 127 times

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby taio » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:27 am

Plenty of examples where a third party has been harmed by someone performing the actual act of drug taking.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

# 12
Bosscat
Posts: 3254
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 am
Been Liked: 1007 times
Has Liked: 2561 times

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby Bosscat » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:11 am

Watched an interesting "How do they do that" last night.

One of the items was "Drug testing kits" they mentioned one of a number of things that drugs such as cocaine was being mixed with ... and that was "Washing Powder" ....

Ffs save your hard earned and buy a box of Persil to stick up your nose 5kg at Morrisons for a fiver :D insted of a tenner for a gramme behind the Brownhill Urrms Pub in the Curr Purrk.... at least you would be keeping your nose clean ;)

# 13
Imploding Turtle
Posts: 18355
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:12 am
Been Liked: 4995 times
Has Liked: 2368 times
Location: Burnley, Lancs

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby Imploding Turtle » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:27 am

Jakubclaret wrote:It can certainly have the potential to, people exist who have unfortunately pricked themselves with a needle, binmen not wearing PPE or young children picking 1 up not knowing any better.


So. Can. Alcohol.

I feel like i'm going in circles with you people trying to explain a really basic thing.

# 14
Bosscat
Posts: 3254
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 am
Been Liked: 1007 times
Has Liked: 2561 times

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby Bosscat » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:33 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:So. Can. Alcohol.

I feel like i'm going in circles with you people trying to explain a really basic thing.

Proof then as "The Verve" sang that "The drugs don't work" ;)

# 15
cricketfieldclarets
Posts: 15211
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Been Liked: 5894 times
Has Liked: 8508 times

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby cricketfieldclarets » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:53 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:So. Can. Alcohol.

I feel like i'm going in circles with you people trying to explain a really basic thing.

Nobody. Disputes. That.

# 16
cricketfieldclarets
Posts: 15211
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Been Liked: 5894 times
Has Liked: 8508 times

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby cricketfieldclarets » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:55 am

Bosscat wrote:Watched an interesting "How do they do that" last night.

One of the items was "Drug testing kits" they mentioned one of a number of things that drugs such as cocaine was being mixed with ... and that was "Washing Powder" ....

Ffs save your hard earned and buy a box of Persil to stick up your nose 5kg at Morrisons for a fiver :D insted of a tenner for a gramme behind the Brownhill Urrms Pub in the Curr Purrk.... at least you would be keeping your nose clean ;)

Its almost hilarious. People spending 100s a weekend sniffing washing powder and benzocaine.

# 17
bartonscigar
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:00 pm
Been Liked: 12 times
Has Liked: 9 times

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby bartonscigar » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:06 pm

Spijed wrote:One things certain though, drugs have nowhere near the same damaging affect that alcohol does!



Utter nonsense as someone who has taken cocaine i can assure it has left a long lasting affect and left me with debilitating anxiety. Alcohol has no affect on me but the drugs did its different for everyone ive never taken it since and i never will but some days im fine others are a struggle i was absolutely fine before i took it

# 18
Imploding Turtle
Posts: 18355
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:12 am
Been Liked: 4995 times
Has Liked: 2368 times
Location: Burnley, Lancs

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby Imploding Turtle » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:11 pm

bartonscigar wrote:Utter nonsense as someone who has taken cocaine i can assure it has left a long lasting affect and left me with debilitating anxiety. Alcohol has no affect on me but the drugs did its different for everyone ive never taken it since and i never will but some days im fine others are a struggle i was absolutely fine before i took it


I'm pretty sure he was talking about society at large, and not literally every single person.

# 19
Imploding Turtle
Posts: 18355
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:12 am
Been Liked: 4995 times
Has Liked: 2368 times
Location: Burnley, Lancs

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby Imploding Turtle » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:12 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Nobody. Disputes. That.


And yet alcohol is legal, but drugs shouldn't be because drugs are bad for you and for others around you, just like alcohol.

# 20
Jakubclaret
Posts: 1451
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:47 pm
Been Liked: 183 times
Has Liked: 147 times

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby Jakubclaret » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:03 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:So. Can. Alcohol.

I feel like i'm going in circles with you people trying to explain a really basic thing.

Well if you stopped talking gibberish & becoming the riddle Meister, I understand perfectly what you are saying about drugs.

# 21
mdd2
Posts: 3190
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:47 pm
Been Liked: 972 times
Has Liked: 423 times

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby mdd2 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:19 pm

I must say from my personal experience in one area of UK the damaging effects of alcohol and drugs on the individual seem about equal in numbers with perhaps drugs just ahead

# 22
cricketfieldclarets
Posts: 15211
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Been Liked: 5894 times
Has Liked: 8508 times

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby cricketfieldclarets » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:36 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:And yet alcohol is legal, but drugs shouldn't be because drugs are bad for you and for others around you, just like alcohol.

Its not the point though is it. Arguing drugs should be legal because alcohol is, is the most stupid logic ever.

Criminalising something which has been legal and a social norm for as long as it has would only cause bigger problems. See prohibition... but alcohol is a totally seperate debate. Yet pro drug users always use it as the argument.

Alcohol can be and almost always is fine in moderation. There are very few scenarios where that can be said of almost all drugs.

# 23
pushpinpussy
Posts: 1118
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:57 am
Been Liked: 406 times
Has Liked: 66 times

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby pushpinpussy » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:03 pm

this thread as not to be sniffed at

# 24
Spijed
Posts: 8722
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:33 pm
Been Liked: 1570 times
Has Liked: 695 times

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby Spijed » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:09 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Alcohol can be and almost always is fine in moderation. There are very few scenarios where that can be said of almost all drugs.


Is that really true?

Would the equivalent amount of heroin to a pint of beer or glass of wine be that dangerous?

# 25
AndrewJB
Posts: 1504
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:20 pm
Been Liked: 648 times
Has Liked: 443 times

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby AndrewJB » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:15 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Its not the point though is it. Arguing drugs should be legal because alcohol is, is the most stupid logic ever.

Criminalising something which has been legal and a social norm for as long as it has would only cause bigger problems. See prohibition... but alcohol is a totally seperate debate. Yet pro drug users always use it as the argument.

Alcohol can be and almost always is fine in moderation. There are very few scenarios where that can be said of almost all drugs.

I’ve met quite a few people who take cocaine in moderation (and as a drug to enhance the enjoyment of a sunset after dinner, rather than how I see the it taken in the West - though I also know people in the West who take it in moderation). I know a lot of people who use marijuana in moderation, and the vast number of people I’ve known (probably 99%) who’ve Raven LSD and mushrooms take it in moderation (it’s said that tech execs in California take micro hits of LSD (less than one tenth of a hit) in order to stimulate creativity). I’d say Ecstasy is taken with greater moderation than alcohol in the U.K.

# 26
Imploding Turtle
Posts: 18355
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:12 am
Been Liked: 4995 times
Has Liked: 2368 times
Location: Burnley, Lancs

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby Imploding Turtle » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:56 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Its not the point though is it. Arguing drugs should be legal because alcohol is, is the most stupid logic ever.

Criminalising something which has been legal and a social norm for as long as it has would only cause bigger problems. See prohibition... but alcohol is a totally seperate debate. Yet pro drug users always use it as the argument.

Alcohol can be and almost always is fine in moderation. There are very few scenarios where that can be said of almost all drugs.


What kind of argument is that? You're using your own ignorant standards of what "in moderation" means and claiming that as why drugs should be illegal. That's dumb as ****.

There are plenty of drugs that when used in moderation are absolutely just as "fine" as alcohol. And there are some that it's really ******* difficult to overdose from.

There is absolutely no reason, other than tradition, to keep drugs criminalised. And yes, i can absolutely point to alcohol as a comparison for the point of demonstrating hypocrisy and i'll continue to do so until you or someone else actually makes a good argument demonstrating why that argument is a bad one. Because as yet you've offered **** all. Literally all you've said is that it's "the most stupid logic ever" without explaining why.

You should not be allowed to tell me what i can and can't do to my own body. When the government says that it's illegal for me to own and take drugs that's exactly what is happening - society dictating to me what i'm allowed to do with my own body.

# 27
cricketfieldclarets
Posts: 15211
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Been Liked: 5894 times
Has Liked: 8508 times

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby cricketfieldclarets » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:38 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:What kind of argument is that? You're using your own ignorant standards of what "in moderation" means and claiming that as why drugs should be illegal. That's dumb as ****.

There are plenty of drugs that when used in moderation are absolutely just as "fine" as alcohol. And there are some that it's really ******* difficult to overdose from.

There is absolutely no reason, other than tradition, to keep drugs criminalised. And yes, i can absolutely point to alcohol as a comparison for the point of demonstrating hypocrisy and i'll continue to do so until you or someone else actually makes a good argument demonstrating why that argument is a bad one. Because as yet you've offered **** all. Literally all you've said is that it's "the most stupid logic ever" without explaining why.

You should not be allowed to tell me what i can and can't do to my own body. When the government says that it's illegal for me to own and take drugs that's exactly what is happening - society dictating to me what i'm allowed to do with my own body.

:lol:

# 28
tim_noone
Posts: 10265
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 2547 times
Has Liked: 9217 times

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby tim_noone » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:47 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote::lol:

That's a Dissapointing response. :roll:

# 29
cricketfieldclarets
Posts: 15211
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Been Liked: 5894 times
Has Liked: 8508 times

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby cricketfieldclarets » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:49 pm

tim_noone wrote:That's a Dissapointing response. :roll:

The drugs have worn off and im not feeling very creative.

# 30
Imploding Turtle
Posts: 18355
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:12 am
Been Liked: 4995 times
Has Liked: 2368 times
Location: Burnley, Lancs

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby Imploding Turtle » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:52 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote::lol:



If you ever wonder why people disrespect your opinions, or don't put in the effort to explain theirs, remember that this is how you responded when I took the time to explain mine to you.

# 31
cricketfieldclarets
Posts: 15211
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Been Liked: 5894 times
Has Liked: 8508 times

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby cricketfieldclarets » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:59 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:If you ever wonder why people disrespect your opinions, or don't put in the effort to explain theirs, remember that this is how you responded when I took the time to explain mine to you.

:lol: :lol:

# 32
Imploding Turtle
Posts: 18355
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:12 am
Been Liked: 4995 times
Has Liked: 2368 times
Location: Burnley, Lancs

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby Imploding Turtle » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:02 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote::lol: :lol:


I tried to help you, but whatever.

# 33
Bosscat
Posts: 3254
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 am
Been Liked: 1007 times
Has Liked: 2561 times

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby Bosscat » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:06 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I tried to help you, but whatever.

I have some spanners in my tool box that were named after you Turtle....

http://primetools.co.uk/brands/king-dic ... QYQAvD_BwE

# 34
Imploding Turtle
Posts: 18355
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:12 am
Been Liked: 4995 times
Has Liked: 2368 times
Location: Burnley, Lancs

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby Imploding Turtle » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:08 pm

Bosscat wrote:I have some spanners in my tool box that were named after you Turtle....

http://primetools.co.uk/brands/king-dic ... QYQAvD_BwE


I haven't named anything after you.

# 35
grapidianclaret
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:03 pm
Been Liked: 189 times
Has Liked: 168 times
Location: at work,for a change!

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby grapidianclaret » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:18 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Nobody disputes that.

But what people overlook when they do this comparison is that alcohol is regulated, manufactured in a controlled and managed environment etc.

Its moderation.

You cant talk about drugs in the same way. Because they are produced, and cut and sold in a way that gives no **** about what goes into it. Selling some **** illlegaly based on weight? Just fill it full of ****.

Nobody will pretend alcohol is good for you. But it is lile anything - fine in moderation.

You cant have drugs in moderation as youve zero idea whats in it in the first place.


That looks like a well thought out argument for legalizing drugs.
Well done that man!!!

# 36
grapidianclaret
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:03 pm
Been Liked: 189 times
Has Liked: 168 times
Location: at work,for a change!

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby grapidianclaret » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:22 pm

The food and drug administration over here in the states have just okayed large scale testing of LSD for helping with several mental illnesses. The earlier tests showed some of the most effective results of any clinical trials ever held in the USA.
This user liked this post: AndrewJB

# 37
tim_noone
Posts: 10265
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 2547 times
Has Liked: 9217 times

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby tim_noone » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:49 pm

Just off the top of my head i know three people 40 26 and 19 years of age their heads .....ed by skunk and the fashionable drug. You cant hold a conversation with any of them.Amen

# 38
DCWat
Posts: 4090
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:04 am
Been Liked: 1610 times
Has Liked: 1370 times

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby DCWat » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:24 pm

If I thought that legalisation would put a stop to misuse, overdoses and associated crime, I couldn’t think of many reasons to be against it being legalised.

# 39
AndrewJB
Posts: 1504
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:20 pm
Been Liked: 648 times
Has Liked: 443 times

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby AndrewJB » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:36 pm

grapidianclaret wrote:The food and drug administration over here in the states have just okayed large scale testing of LSD for helping with several mental illnesses. The earlier tests showed some of the most effective results of any clinical trials ever held in the USA.


Prohibition has obstructed medical research in many ways. Elements in marijuana have been shown to be efficacious in treating various symptoms for many diseases, and if it hadn't been illegal it's more likely we'd understand how it works better by now. LSD was used by some palliative care hospitals in the US in the '60s and found to be effective in helping people come to terms with their impending deaths.

Scandalous that so many relatively innocent drugs (it's easier to overdose and die on coffee - about seventy cups - than it would be to overdose on THC - about two thousand joints), are denied to people due to right-wing-nanny-staters, who since they can no longer interfere in your sex life and prohibit you from getting together with someone from the same sex, now focus their attentions on other areas people like to have fun. And it's scandalous that a drug we absolutely know kills tens if not hundreds of millions around the world every year (nicotine), is freely available for purchase in most countries, and the profits of which are still allowed to accrue in private hands.
This user liked this post: grapidianclaret

# 40
grapidianclaret
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:03 pm
Been Liked: 189 times
Has Liked: 168 times
Location: at work,for a change!

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby grapidianclaret » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:40 pm

People have used drugs for millennia. Humanity will use them for as long as the human race exists. There will always be people who will die as a result of such use. More likely fewer with legalization than prohibition. Each to his own. But prohibition has not and does not work. People die from the act of putting slippers on in the morning, they are crushed to death by stoves or refrigerators. A common thread in early demise , when it isn't caused by disease, is age and stupidity. Stupidity does not grow smaller as the human race develops, it seems to grow bigger. Alcohol kills more people in first world countries than other drugs. When it was prohibited in the USA, those deaths did not decline, they increased ,for many reasons.
This user liked this post: AndrewJB

# 41
ontario claret
Posts: 5477
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:13 am
Been Liked: 696 times
Has Liked: 1725 times
Location: Brooklin

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby ontario claret » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:48 pm

The more IT posts, the more he proves what an idiot he is. I grew up with an alcoholic mother. Being Danish, she drank in such a way that she thought nobody noticed. Well, I did, and so did my other four siblings. We all adjusted by going our own separate 5 ways. We are so far apart these days that only a pure miracle would bring us together. Recently, she told me that her drinking had never had an effect on anybody. She could never had been more wrong.

# 42
Pstotto
Posts: 3972
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:11 pm
Been Liked: 675 times
Has Liked: 569 times

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby Pstotto » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:52 pm

I had free cosmology until I was persuaded to read books on esoteric cults which are designed to chime and usurp drug experience for political franchises of oppression and can be very dangerous in a particular social milieu, the vampirism of yoga, Buddhism, Zen and Hinduism which seek to imply obligations around drug experience sowing seeds of psychosis for psychosis creationism, such as the Lama Foundation in California and Sammye Ling in Scotland, viral parasitic evil masquerading as something else, no peace and relaxation in those cults, so far they've succeeded genocide by proxy via damning the considerate minds who have stopped breeding in a trauma and guilt not of their making, dying clubs for California and all that from the Mossad or CIA agents perhaps, Ram Dass etc. Chinese and Indian gov. anti-Western alliance of some sort, feminism and the LGBGT movement the next catastrophic advance of the social cancer against the norm, be politically correct and dumb down and all hail the choo choo coming of the bridge building of over the river kwai for the mass babel of the demented.

Maybe those types are anti-drug government agents, using psychologies of self-destruction to rid society of a social stratum via mass suicide and no breeding,

It's sit down shut up and open your mind and say AAAAAAAAAA.

# 43
ontario claret
Posts: 5477
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:13 am
Been Liked: 696 times
Has Liked: 1725 times
Location: Brooklin

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby ontario claret » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:38 pm

Why does Denmark, which is considered by some to be some kind of Utopia on earth, also lead the world in suicides? Oh, melancholy Dane!!!

# 44
grapidianclaret
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:03 pm
Been Liked: 189 times
Has Liked: 168 times
Location: at work,for a change!

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby grapidianclaret » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:42 pm

ontario claret wrote:Why does Denmark, which is considered by some to be some kind of Utopia on earth, also lead the world in suicides? Oh, melancholy Dane!!!


I blame hans christian andersen

# 45
Bosscat
Posts: 3254
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 am
Been Liked: 1007 times
Has Liked: 2561 times

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby Bosscat » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:26 pm

grapidianclaret wrote:I blame hans christian andersen

I blame Brexit :roll:

# 46
AndrewJB
Posts: 1504
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:20 pm
Been Liked: 648 times
Has Liked: 443 times

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby AndrewJB » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:45 pm

ontario claret wrote:The more IT posts, the more he proves what an idiot he is. I grew up with an alcoholic mother. Being Danish, she drank in such a way that she thought nobody noticed. Well, I did, and so did my other four siblings. We all adjusted by going our own separate 5 ways. We are so far apart these days that only a pure miracle would bring us together. Recently, she told me that her drinking had never had an effect on anybody. She could never had been more wrong.

You’re personalising what IT has said, and taking it out of context. Nobody will argue that drugs (including alcohol), or even extreme sports, or working too much doesn’t have what you might call.collaterl damage - however his point was more limited than that.

# 47
ontario claret
Posts: 5477
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:13 am
Been Liked: 696 times
Has Liked: 1725 times
Location: Brooklin

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby ontario claret » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:29 pm

Did I read what he posted in the wrong way? I assumed that he meant smoking was bad because it affects those in nearby attendance, while injectable drugs and alcohol aren't "shared" with the imbiber. But the effects of all mind-altering choices are shared with all who share their close acquaintenance.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

# 48
ontario claret
Posts: 5477
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:13 am
Been Liked: 696 times
Has Liked: 1725 times
Location: Brooklin

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby ontario claret » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:35 pm

H. C. Andersen (that's what he's called in Denmark), was more of a moral fableist that many people realize. But the real creator of the modern Denmark was a chap named Brandes. He took on the arch-conservative Denmark of his time, and had a tremendous influence on writers such as Isak Dinesen, who was considered a literal witch by some, and the greater literate Danish society.

# 49
ontario claret
Posts: 5477
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:13 am
Been Liked: 696 times
Has Liked: 1725 times
Location: Brooklin

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby ontario claret » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:56 pm

Here's a good one. When parliament was first created in Denmark (in 1848), all land-owners were allowed the vote, but only elected members of the Conservative party were allowed to be prime minister or sit in cabinet. This arrangement lurched along until there were only 7 elected Conservatives vs. approx. 148 members of the opposition. Then, things were changed.

# 50
Hipper
Posts: 2249
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:33 pm
Been Liked: 439 times
Has Liked: 322 times

Re: Drugs dont hurt

Postby Hipper » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:23 am

This documentary was shown a few weeks ago:

https://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week ... ee-spencer

Clearly drugs do a lot of harm. They also do harm socially. Whether it's on the scale of alcohol I doubt. Alcohol is surely the most damaging drug socially, destroying marraiges etc..

Smoking, whilst damaging to health, has very limited social effects.


Return to “The Bee Hole End”