Bury : No Wages

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Re: Bury FC - sorry for a new thread

Post by houseboy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:50 pm

TVC15 wrote:What do you mean ?
All their results are nullified for the season which seems fair and consistent to every team they have played. Division one is a complete mess at the moment - there is no way Bolton’s results should be allowed to stand given the team they have been able to put out. Tranmere beat a bunch of kids - that and all other scores should be nullified and they need to be relegated now. They should not have been allowed to start the season in reality - it’s a shambles.
If it was done NOW, with immediate affect yes, that wouldn't be a problem but if it happens half way through the season or even later? One team could lose 6 points and another none at all, meaning that if both were going for promotion (or even fighting relegation) it could give a massive advantage to the team who actually lost there games. This is what I mean, and if you were talking about the Championship and this situation meant a club on course for promotion suddenly lost 6 points whilst a rival lost none it could cost that club 10s of millions of pounds in revenue from not playing in the PL. That would be madness (not to mention unfair in the extreme).

Longside4evr
Been Liked: 519 times
Has Liked: 266 times

Post by Longside4evr » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:38 pm

houseboy wrote:If it was done NOW, with immediate affect yes, that wouldn't be a problem but if it happens half way through the season or even later? One team could lose 6 points and another none at all, meaning that if both were going for promotion (or even fighting relegation) it could give a massive advantage to the team who actually lost there games. This is what I mean, and if you were talking about the Championship and this situation meant a club on course for promotion suddenly lost 6 points whilst a rival lost none it could cost that club 10s of millions of pounds in revenue from not playing in the PL. That would be madness (not to mention unfair in the extreme).
That happened to us when Aldershot folded we lost six points

No Ney Never
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 328 times

Re: Bury : No Wages

Post by No Ney Never » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:44 pm

The further down the leagues you go, the more important becomes match day revenue to a club's income stream. While nullifying points and goals gained/lost from fixtures against expelled teams is fair to all, clubs who have already staged a home fixture against an expelled team, will have gained the revenue that others may miss out on.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:46 pm

TVC15 wrote:£10m or so is the debt but that’s not what will be paid out to creditors - it will be in x in the pound as per the CVA.
The debt that is remaining should be (in my view) paid by the leagues to save the club and the club made to start again - in the national league.

For Bolton i’d say let them go to the wall - this maybe an irrational logic and dislike I accept - but it’s hardly my fault John McGinley decided not to throw the ball back to us in the cup game !!!
I wouldn't punish the club for McGinley but I understand the sentiment. ;) Just one thing though, I have always been bitter about that cheating git but I have always been convinced it was a league match. Didn't we get relegated that season? I've always blamed that twonk.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:58 pm

houseboy wrote:If it was done NOW, with immediate affect yes, that wouldn't be a problem but if it happens half way through the season or even later? One team could lose 6 points and another none at all, meaning that if both were going for promotion (or even fighting relegation) it could give a massive advantage to the team who actually lost there games. This is what I mean, and if you were talking about the Championship and this situation meant a club on course for promotion suddenly lost 6 points whilst a rival lost none it could cost that club 10s of millions of pounds in revenue from not playing in the PL. That would be madness (not to mention unfair in the extreme).
Each individual case is different i guess - but in the case of Bolton they should not have been allowed to start the season. But now they have their results should be nullified for the season as the teams who have played them have had an unfair advantage and they should not get the points they have. It would be a farce if Bolton have to play their kids for the rest of the season and they have already cancelled a game so that should be it for the season for them - no more games, results wiped out and relegated next year.

There have been many cases where teams have gone into administration and managed to retain their players during the season - in those cases it maybe that they decide that the best thing to do is allow the team to fulfil its fixtures...but that they still get penalised with relegation at the end of the season.

As said each case is individual and the FA and football league employ enough people to work this out and develop a process which works far better than it does now. Personally I would prefer for clubs to not go to the wall but I also think the penalties need to be a lot harsher and there are massive deficiencies in the financial governance of clubs as they are allowed to get way to far deep into trouble before anything happens. Sometimes it can work the other way that clubs are allowed to enjoy far too much success whilst overspending way beyond their means and again something needs doing to stop this.

I would not lose any sleep if Bolton or Bury go out of existence - if that works as a deterrent to other clubs there maybe an upside but the problem is it won't work as a deterrent. Its down to the governing bodies to develop much better deterrents and processes which mean these are very rarely ever needed because clubs are not allowed to spend beyond their means in the first place and they are not taken over by unscrupulous owners who don't have the financial back up etc etc

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3153 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:14 pm

This is good - a podcast interview with @BuryinExile - just over 30 mins

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/r ... 1396129724" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

claretburns
Been Liked: 857 times
Has Liked: 334 times

Post by claretburns » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:01 pm

Bury could be granted a 48 hour extension as 4 parties have come forward with an interest in the club with one party being favoured by Steve Dale - BBC.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32405 times
Has Liked: 5273 times

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:15 pm

TVC15 wrote:For Bolton i’d say let them go to the wall - this maybe an irrational logic and dislike I accept - but it’s hardly my fault John McGinley decided not to throw the ball back to us in the cup game !!!
But you were happy with John Gayle ending a player’s career earlier in the game?

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:38 pm

ClaretTony wrote:But you were happy with John Gayle ending a player’s career earlier in the game?
Is that a serious question ?
My post was a joke and I don’t want Bolton to fold - or any club.

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 174 times

Post by Nonayforever » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:38 pm

:lol:
claretburns wrote:Bury could be granted a 48 hour extension as 4 parties have come forward with an interest in the club with one party being favoured by Steve Dale - BBC.
And then, probably another extension whilst the problem just carries on growing.
Dale taking the pi*s knowing the league will bottle making their decision.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:11 pm

Nonayforever wrote::lol:

And then, probably another extension whilst the problem just carries on growing.
Dale taking the pi*s knowing the league will bottle making their decision.
Don’t think so. They’ve said they are prepared to extend the deadline only if there is a very good reason to and then only by 24 or 48 hours at most. If there is nothing happening in terms of a sale or proof of finance then that will be it for them.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11034 times
Has Liked: 5645 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:47 am

I'm off to bed, hopefully by the time I get up Bury have been saved, good luck Shakers !

Nonayforever

Post by Nonayforever » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:15 am

All Dale has to do is introduce the prospective new buyers, that will grant him an extension.
The 'sale' could be very protracted, say 3 months or so, what are the league going to do then ?
Allow 'old' Bury to play their next few fixtures and get the league into an even bigger mess ? Or wait for the sale to go through.
My bet is they will pontificate and dig a deeper hole.

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2461 times
Has Liked: 1991 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:17 am

Woodleyclaret wrote:The match at Aldershot had a cracking match winner from Steve Harper
The goal never appeared on that seasons video as Aldershot owed the filming company and didnt pay
Jump to 1m 26s
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UeA5OPChX_M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:38 am

Nonayforever wrote:All Dale has to do is introduce the prospective new buyers, that will grant him an extension.
The 'sale' could be very protracted, say 3 months or so, what are the league going to do then ?
Allow 'old' Bury to play their next few fixtures and get the league into an even bigger mess ? Or wait for the sale to go through.
My bet is they will pontificate and dig a deeper hole.
They've said they can't allow the suspending of any more fixtures so if Bury are to continue then they will have to play next week. The hole the league have dug couldn't possibly get any deeper now could it?

Nonayforever

Post by Nonayforever » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:37 am

The likely scenario will be that the League will allow Bury an extension as they have found a prospective new buyer. A condition of that extension will be that they fulfull fixtures, the next match being at home to Doncaster.

They don't now have the money or the infrastructure to play that game, so who pays for that game to go ahead, probably the League in the form of a loan.
This is where the hole gets deeper as the League is leaving itself open to litigation from both parties as the deal sours and Dale heaping costs onto the league for mismanagement.

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6485 times
Has Liked: 2910 times

Post by Steve1956 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:39 am

Good Luck today Bury Football Club.....hope everything works out.
These 4 users liked this post: ClaretTony The Enclosure bfcjg claretfern

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:05 am

Steve1956 wrote:Good Luck today Bury Football Club.....hope everything works out.
And I'll echo that for the sake of their fans who should never have had to put up with this. But there have to be far better rules in place to prevent the likes of Stewart Day and Steve Dale ever getting near to owning a football club.
These 2 users liked this post: claretfern nil_desperandum

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2594 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:31 am

Tricky Trevor wrote:Jump to 1m 26s
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UeA5OPChX_M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
John Granville in nets there.
This user liked this post: Zom Zom

Andingle
Been Liked: 274 times
Has Liked: 351 times

Post by Andingle » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:56 am

Dale is now asking Bury fans to pledge money (2.7M) to him to save the club :?

The Enclosure
Been Liked: 990 times
Has Liked: 3266 times

Post by The Enclosure » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:16 am

Amazing how many excellent footballers have come through Bury FC

Andingle

Post by Andingle » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:17 am

https://talksport.com/football/efl/5913 ... expulsion/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2594 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:18 am

The Enclosure wrote:Amazing how many excellent footballers have come through Bury FC
Very true, I played for Bury FC juniors.
This user liked this post: ClaretTony

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 1032 times
Has Liked: 2039 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:58 am

Dale has played a blinder so far,he has no interest in football. Itll be a nice brownfield site once they've gone bust, close to the motorway and within driving distance of a couple of cities.

It's funny how he claims everyone else who hes supposedly spoke to is lying and he's the only one telling the truth

That tells you all you need to know

dsr
Been Liked: 4573 times
Has Liked: 2263 times

Post by dsr » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:19 pm

It's reached the point where it becomes a choice of which is better for football. Saving Bury and giving chancers like Dale a fat profit, or letting it die and costing Dale money. And I reckon it's better to let Bury die and start again, rather than encouraging Dale and his kind. If Dale gets away with it, it just encourages more people like him to have a go.
This user liked this post: Falcon

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 1032 times
Has Liked: 2039 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:29 pm

dsr wrote:It's reached the point where it becomes a choice of which is better for football. Saving Bury and giving chancers like Dale a fat profit, or letting it die and costing Dale money. And I reckon it's better to let Bury die and start again, rather than encouraging Dale and his kind. If Dale gets away with it, it just encourages more people like him to have a go.
To an extent I agree, but this situation regarding Dale was initially a clusterf##k from the EFL and their right and proper persons test. Tighten or even completely redo that and hopefully itll stop w@nkers like Burys last two owners in their tracks

Zom Zom
Been Liked: 688 times
Has Liked: 917 times

Post by Zom Zom » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:29 pm

quoonbeatz wrote:John Granville in nets there.
That's his name! I was trying to remember. Big fella wasn't he? Quite highly rated too I recall. He looked a beast at the Turf that season.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:47 pm

TVC15 wrote:Each individual case is different i guess - but in the case of Bolton they should not have been allowed to start the season. But now they have their results should be nullified for the season as the teams who have played them have had an unfair advantage and they should not get the points they have. It would be a farce if Bolton have to play their kids for the rest of the season and they have already cancelled a game so that should be it for the season for them - no more games, results wiped out and relegated next year.

There have been many cases where teams have gone into administration and managed to retain their players during the season - in those cases it maybe that they decide that the best thing to do is allow the team to fulfil its fixtures...but that they still get penalised with relegation at the end of the season.

As said each case is individual and the FA and football league employ enough people to work this out and develop a process which works far better than it does now. Personally I would prefer for clubs to not go to the wall but I also think the penalties need to be a lot harsher and there are massive deficiencies in the financial governance of clubs as they are allowed to get way to far deep into trouble before anything happens. Sometimes it can work the other way that clubs are allowed to enjoy far too much success whilst overspending way beyond their means and again something needs doing to stop this.

I would not lose any sleep if Bolton or Bury go out of existence - if that works as a deterrent to other clubs there maybe an upside but the problem is it won't work as a deterrent. Its down to the governing bodies to develop much better deterrents and processes which mean these are very rarely ever needed because clubs are not allowed to spend beyond their means in the first place and they are not taken over by unscrupulous owners who don't have the financial back up etc etc
Some good points there mate. I agree it's a difficult situation. You are right about nullifying Bolton's results now before it becomes too farcical. After 4 games it's not going to make any significant difference to the final table. But then we would be back to the Bury situation in that if a club has serious financial problems then depriving them of income (gate revenue) isn't helping matters at all. I don't know the exact ins and outs of the individual clubs but it seems odd that Bury are being treated so very differently to Bolton. Obviously there are things I don't know about each situation but it just feels odd.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:51 pm

Longside4evr wrote:That happened to us when Aldershot folded we lost six points
I genuinely can't remember the detail of that but did it affect any promotion/relegation issue?

No Ney Never

Post by No Ney Never » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:04 pm

If Bury FC goes belly up, I'd like to see the council go for a compulsory purchase of the stadium on the grounds of the covenant, then give it over to the fans to start again.

Longside4evr
Been Liked: 519 times
Has Liked: 266 times

Post by Longside4evr » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:39 pm

houseboy wrote:I genuinely can't remember the detail of that but did it affect any promotion/relegation issue?
Burnley played two matches against Aldershot during the 1991–92 campaign, winning both games. However, these results were expunged from official records after Aldershot resigned from the Football League mid-season.

All though we had points deducted for them folding we still won the League.

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:42 pm

I've been wondering for the past few days as to what would have happened had someone like Dale got his hands on our club for £1 and then behaved as he is doing?
I don't think we would just be sitting back as Bury fans - in the main- appear to be doing. It's perhaps not a PC thing to say, but he'd be in fear of his life. Supporters would probably have him barricaded in his own home . There'd be thousands taking part in protest marches, we'd be blocking roads to his other businesses and all manner of other activities to try to get it resolved.
I'm not one to advocate violence or civil disobedience, but I'm pretty sure we'd be doing everything as fans to sort it out.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 921 times
Has Liked: 2751 times

Post by Stayingup » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:59 pm

TVC15 wrote:Is that a serious question ?
My post was a joke and I don’t want Bolton to fold - or any club.
Thats not compatible to your previous comment that you wouldnt lose sny sleep.if Bolton or Bury went out of existence. I would be sad. Most football watchers in the Bury area probably support Manchester United. Sadly that's the way if it. More money should filter down to.the lower divisions from.the mega rich.

Nonayforever

Post by Nonayforever » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:00 pm

Whatever happens to Bury & Bolton will unfold in the wash. Whichever way it pans out, the League has egg on it's face. The methods it uses clearly don't work.

If the EFL wants to carry on running the league's it has to up its own game and devise a system that works in the future.
The EFL cannot decide who or who isn't a fit and proper person to own a football club, what they can do however, is to invite teams to enter their league, starting from afresh every end of season.
When a team finishes the season in a non promotion or relegation position they apply to reappear in that league the following season, any promoted or relegated team applies to enter the new relevant league.
Any team that doesn't meet a rigourous financial health check is not allowed back in. They will have to ply their trade non - League.
This method ensures the viability of the league for the coming season and let's owners know exactly where they are as the season finishes as tell tale signs will have become apparent as the season progresses.
It is hard on stalwart fans of long established clubs but they have no more rights than the fans of new up and coming teams that are well managed.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:53 pm

Stayingup wrote:Thats not compatible to your previous comment that you wouldnt lose sny sleep.if Bolton or Bury went out of existence. I would be sad. Most football watchers in the Bury area probably support Manchester United. Sadly that's the way if it. More money should filter down to.the lower divisions from.the mega rich.
So you’d lose sleep over it would you ?

To be serious - the context of what I said was that if it was for the greater good of the game losing a club would not be something I would be overly bothered about. I don’t want it to happen and definitely have massive sympathy for the fans / community. I’ve said I think the premier and football league and FA should help save the clubs but only as part of a wider piece of work where the whole financial governance of the game is fundamentally changed and improved.
There is no point in saving clubs if all that does is make other clubs think they can act like Bolton and Bury have and if they do crash and burn they’ll be bailed out. The game is going to implode (if it hasn’t already) if clubs and owners carry on like the last few years.
How can a club with the resources of Bury hand out the players contracts they did to the likes of Beckford and Maguire ? You can’t get a mortgage for a million pounds if you are on benefits - what’s the difference ?!!

Andingle

Post by Andingle » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:33 pm

https://twitter.com/GranadaReports/stat ... 4198843394" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2350 times
Has Liked: 3178 times

Re: Bury : No Football Club

Post by Paul Waine » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:56 pm

is that the result we expect at the end of the day.... or will the "lingering death" be drawn out a little bit longer.

Will a new football club emerge as "Bury (1968) AFC?"

There's got to be development and growth in any organisation, whether sporting or otherwise. There's got to be "bankruptcy and liquidation" for those who fail to make the grade. It doesn't matter if, as Phil Neville is quoted Bury's "hundreds of years" of history can be lost (I think Phil meant about 140 years, or so). If the club can't "pay it's way" then it should close.

Of course, football has got itself into an almighty problem: lots and lots of tv money at the top, and clubs lower down thinking that they too must commit to pay players wages way beyond their means - and then there are all the "agents" taking whatever they can and putting nothing back.

On the other hand, Accrington Stanley failed in 1962. The maximum wage still existed for all clubs at that time - and I doubt any footballer or football club had ever paid out any money to an "agent."

Lancashire was had large, local populations who could only get away from work at Saturday midday and time only to get to their local football ground. Transport to the next town was not easy or speedy. Some would have made the trip from Accrington to Burnley or Bury to Manchester, but many wouldn't. These days, travel is easy, picking out the "bigger club" to support is common - and that's if you are attracted to watching the game in a stadium - the tv (and www) gives us all the choice to pick and choose what sports we watch and what time suits us best (or what time the tv broadcasters choose).

So, somehow, professional football needs to address these fundamentals - and that's before the "top 6" or whatever they are, decide that a European Super League suits them better.

Let's all appreciate what we have at Burnley. It might not be there for our grandchildren or their grandchildren.

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1766 times
Has Liked: 354 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:16 pm

That video on the twitter link his hilarious. He's a complete bullshitter.

Theres a bit where suggests showing the viewers his messages of support, the interviewer encourages him to read them, so he scrolls for ages on his phone and the edit just fades to black. Amazing.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:03 pm

Falcon
Been Liked: 892 times
Has Liked: 1169 times

Post by Falcon » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:05 pm

EFL can't just remove the owner of a club

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:15 pm

EFL statement - limited progress made today, further statement tomorrow

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:18 pm

Statement from the EFL just now:

The EFL Board has this afternoon been appraised of the very latest position in respect of ongoing matters at Bury Football Club.

As of 5pm there has been limited progress made either by the current ownership providing the required evidence in regard to outstanding financial information, or through a change of control being achieved with new owners.

The EFL will continue to provide all support available and will keep working to find a resolution to the ongoing issues ahead of the Notice of Withdrawal deadline, which remains at 11.59 PM on Friday 23 August.

If a successful solution is not found ahead of tonight’s deadline, the Club’s share in the EFL will be withdrawn and its membership in the League will come to an end.

The EFL will move to confirm the position as soon as possible, with an update to be provided on Saturday 24 August.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5553 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:23 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Statement from the EFL just now:

The EFL Board has this afternoon been appraised of the very latest position in respect of ongoing matters at Bury Football Club.

As of 5pm there has been limited progress made either by the current ownership providing the required evidence in regard to outstanding financial information, or through a change of control being achieved with new owners.

The EFL will continue to provide all support available and will keep working to find a resolution to the ongoing issues ahead of the Notice of Withdrawal deadline, which remains at 11.59 PM on Friday 23 August.

If a successful solution is not found ahead of tonight’s deadline, the Club’s share in the EFL will be withdrawn and its membership in the League will come to an end.

The EFL will move to confirm the position as soon as possible, with an update to be provided on Saturday 24 August.
This has probably been discussed but haven’t read every post but should a sale be agreed before midnight, how long does that take to go through? Will they be able to start playing games? Have they even got the players to do so? I presume there would still be a period of time when they are unable to function.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:24 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:This has probably been discussed but haven’t read every post but should a sale be agreed before midnight, how long does that take to go through? Will they be able to start playing games? Have they even got the players to do so? I presume there would still be a period of time when they are unable to function.
Their game tomorrow is off but the league have made it a condition that no further games can be called off so they would have to be in a position to play next week

No Ney Never

Post by No Ney Never » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:07 pm

I may be able to help them out for a couple of games until they sign some pro's, anyone with me? Fill your name in, 442.
GK ?
RB : no ney never CB? CB? LB?
We'll need 4 for midfield and a couple up front.

Goobs
Been Liked: 1463 times
Has Liked: 995 times

Post by Goobs » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:16 pm

Happy to go in goals if someone has some gloves

Nonayforever

Post by Nonayforever » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:05 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Statement from the EFL just now:

Dale will be watching the clock & rubbing his hands as the minutes tick by.
He will liquidate the company & blame the EFL.
The ground will be sold to the highest bidder whereupon he will receive his payday.

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:13 pm

No Ney Never wrote:I may be able to help them out for a couple of games until they sign some pro's, anyone with me? Fill your name in, 442.
GK ?
RB : no ney never CB? CB? LB?
We'll need 4 for midfield and a couple up front.
I played CB in a televised game at Stamford Bridge in 2010. We won 3-1.

Is that enough to get me a game?

Does it matter that I'm 65, and haven't played since a heart attack 3 1/2 years ago?

If you've got it, you've still got it! :lol:

Maybe, just maybe, we could give Bolton's 16 year olds a game..... ;)

No Ney Never

Post by No Ney Never » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:15 pm

I put compulsory purchase order into Google and this came up in the results from Wikipedia.

A compulsory purchase order (CPO) is a legal function in the United Kingdom and Irelandthat allows certain bodies to obtain land or property without the consent of the owner. It may be enforced if a proposed development is considered one for public betterment; for example, when building motorways where a landowner does not want to sell. Similarly, if town councils wish to develop a town centre, they may issue compulsory purchase orders. CPOs can also be used to acquire historic buildings in order to preserve them from neglect.

In Ireland, CPOs became quite common in the early 21st century due to the massive road upgrade programme under the National Development Plan. CPOs are also used for railway projects. If one objects to the issuing of a CPO, one may appeal to the High Court.[1]Compensation is available to ensure that the person is restored, as far as possible, to the financial position they were in before the land and property were compulsorily purchased.[2]

In the United Kingdom, most orders are made as subordinate legislation under powers given to local authorities in existing legislation (e.g. an order for road works is made under the Highways Act 1980). Whilst the powers are strong, the authority must demonstrate that the taking of the land is necessary and there is a "compelling case in the public interest". Owners or occupiers can challenge this, and their objection will be heard by an independent inspector.

Compensation rights usually include the value of the property, costs of acquiring and moving to a new property, and sometimes additional payments. Costs of professional advice regarding compensation are usually reimbursed by the authority, so that people affected by a compulsory purchase order can seek advice from a solicitor and a surveyorand expect to be reimbursed.

Looking at (1) the local council could get the ground off Dale for a quid?
I'd also say that this extract could be proved: 'the authority must demonstrate that the taking of the land is necessary and there is a "compelling case in the public interest".

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:21 pm

Nonayforever wrote:Dale will be watching the clock & rubbing his hands as the minutes tick by.
He will liquidate the company & blame the EFL.
The ground will be sold to the highest bidder whereupon he will receive his payday.
I'm not sure what the set up is with ownership of all the "Bury FC" assets. Does Dale own the ground? How much did he pay for it? There may be something about transfering assets below value that can challenge a transfer that results in a deficit for all (unconnected) creditors.

If there's any justice the creditors of Bury FC will get paid out before anything goes to shareholders...

But, as I say, I do not know anything about Bury FC financial set up, or what will happen to the status of Gigg Lane if the club is out of the league.

I remember Peel Park turning, slowly into a "meadow" with a decaying wooden stand down one side, opposite Peel Park pub, and the concrete terrace at the "foot of the coppice" slowly crumbling to dust...