Bury : No Wages

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
claret_in_exile
Been Liked: 77 times
Has Liked: 326 times

Re: Bury : No Wages

Post by claret_in_exile » Wed May 22, 2019 9:32 pm

Actually, I did miss that. You got me :)
These 2 users liked this post: Duffer_ Carnsmerry12

Richardsbfc
Been Liked: 66 times
Has Liked: 84 times

Post by Richardsbfc » Thu May 23, 2019 5:41 am

Also a customer of mine who hasn’t paid their bill. Buggers!

Feel for the players and staff. Chairman not willing to sell for some bizarre reasons despite lucrative (considering what he bought if for and put in) offers going in.

No Ney Never
Been Liked: 894 times
Has Liked: 328 times

Post by No Ney Never » Thu May 23, 2019 7:15 am

In most cases its not the cost of operating the infrastructure of a club or the expense of a match day, it's the player wages that cause issues.
Too many clubs pay far in excess of the value of the football for the league they're in.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32243 times
Has Liked: 5255 times

Post by ClaretTony » Thu May 23, 2019 11:18 am

Richardsbfc wrote:Also a customer of mine who hasn’t paid their bill. Buggers!

Feel for the players and staff. Chairman not willing to sell for some bizarre reasons despite lucrative (considering what he bought if for and put in) offers going in.
Only bought the club a few months ago from some dodgy bloke and then said things were worse than he thought. He's making things a hell of a lot worse now. Incredible situation for players and fans. They should be doing nothing more than celebrating a promotion right now.

Andingle
Been Liked: 273 times
Has Liked: 349 times

Post by Andingle » Thu May 23, 2019 7:08 pm

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

It is with sadness I find myself having to be wasting my time addressing rumours, internet trolls and gossip spread by people with agenda instead of doing all I can saving our Club as promised.

My initial reaction was to give all this media rubbish the credibility it deserves and not reply however I have been talked into a statement. Sorry for the without prejudice but necessary given pending legal actions.

Original Statement: I said clearly I would support as I could our football side and our being promoted with both our Ladies and Gents side validates that, I said I would do all I could to save the Club which would have closed in November last year, we're now in May so that’s working and is ongoing.

Fact: The Club was bust due to the previous owner’s tenure in fact turning out as it unfolded to be far worse than anyone could have known. NOBODY would have taken it on, I did and am being vilified by the same few trolls/persons with agenda for sorting a mess that I did not create.

Non Attendance at the Club: I thought it common knowledge I have an incurable form of Leukaemia as well as acute osteoarthritis, this renders me unable to leave my bed let alone home some days, I do however work tirelessly till all hours on my computer and phone to save our Club.

Regret: I didn’t clear out day one all the surplus staff from the Stewart Day era who are causing all this unpleasantness with their internet troll accomplices at our Club garnering there last chance of 5 minutes of perceived fame before they are removed and long forgotten.

Wages: I think I must make this abundantly clear, this is a horrible situation to be in, of course everybody needs to be paid but the Club cannot afford the level of employees it has, there is no magic wand here, certain people if they genuinely care about the Club would have left long ago knowing they were not adding value just draining a dead corpse. I was talked into using a local HR firm to deal with laying people off, they dragged the matter on some considerable weeks in doing so further hurting the Club incurring further wages for non-productive people it cannot pay, before saying “our business has been threatened if we do this job” they then sent the money back we paid to do the job, tells a story don’t you think. I can state I have now got a firm that will get on with the job in hand.

Staff: I hear all this rubbish about not being paid for months, that’s what it is RUBBISH wages have been paid every month in increments as we could (given our Bank is frozen) its all lies/propaganda being spread to cause unrest by certain people and I’m told who peddle it now on the radio, if the work I have been doing finalises by Fri/Tue all staff will be paid in full with NOTHING outstanding or owed, then our HR company can carry out what’s been needed months ago. So to those who the cap fits, enjoy your fame for the small window you have but be careful what you say as our Lawyers are ready and indeed other employers are watching your un-professional un-truthful actions. Finally I think it disgraceful that people who have been paid monthly have set up food banks, these were created for people in desperate need not to further propaganda you should be ashamed.

To the genuine Staff I thank you sincerely for your help and support.

Players: Firstly may I thank the Manager and the Players for their performance on the field you have made our fans proud. Once I realised the extent of the troubles and it was clear that making wages would not be possible I had talks with the League and the PFA where I explained the problems we were encountering, initially it was felt the Club could take out a loan but subsequently the PFA’s Lawyers vetoed that due to the perilous nature of the Club, they then offered to pay the players direct until we sorted the Clubs problems, this is where we are. Ideal, far from it but the tragic consequence of the actions of others. We are applying to the Court to release our bank again and that with the league’s help and season ticket sales should allow us to initially pay the balance owed to the players then repay the PFA for their very kind help.

Player Statement: I think the above addresses the truth of this matter without spin.

As for Contracts our very able Company Secretary dealt with this matter with Ryan Lowe so unsure why that was brought up?

As for not caring why do you think I am working 5am to 8pm and later every day, TO SORT THIS MESS I DID NOT MAKE. Not the actions of someone who doesn’t care.

I find it amazing when I’m told the players don’t need to speak to you yet I get called for doing exactly that, however I’m confused if he felt he needed clarity why did he not drop me an email asking the questions he needed answering, I’d have thought that more professional (but less in the media) and easier than going on the radio or doing statements with people who can’t help him?

It is my priority along with the winding up order to settle the playing staff as fast as we can and I can only apologise for the delay it’s not what I thought would happen, but if it can go wrong it will at Bury.

We want this resolving as fast as we can and I can assure the players it’s the last thing I want to break up our winning team I hope you can allow us to get the past cleared so next season there are no reoccurrences of the last few months, only our cut backs and prudent financial controls will achieve that.

Our Manager: Firstly thank you Ryan for your work with others to achieve promotion in these difficult times.

Leaving the Club, clearly not something we want to see but Ryan is a young man starting on his management career and who are we to stop his trajectory if he wants this, Plymouth asked to speak to him we sanctioned but as far as I know he is still with Bury.

Possible sale: We have had interest, unsure of what Mr Adams relates to but I know nothing of it, we have had one offer from a Canadian Company that is not suitable and rather onerous and I am in talks with two others one of which I feel would be a great fit, I will report if this progresses to a deal but for now it’s just talks. However I can confirm interested parties are concerned at the media/internet diatribe, well done you are jeopardising the sale of the Club.

Thanks

To Shaun Harvey at the league you will be missed you knew first-hand the running of a Club and the plight of owners, thanks to Nick and Tad for your help appreciated.

Thanks to Simon Barker at the PFA for your help and support.

May I thank the fellow Chairman’s for the support I have received they know better than anyone what a thankless task it is, a matter that surely needs addressing.

And our suppliers, thanks for your continued support.

Finally

Do not believe the few, it’s neither the truth or in the best interest of the Club, I will save the Club and pass on to the right person when they appear to be assured.

Regards

Steven D Dale

Chairman

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu May 23, 2019 7:15 pm

OMG is Long Time Lurker the Bury Chairman!!!!
These 2 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets tim_noone

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu May 23, 2019 8:26 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:OMG is Long Time Lurker the Bury Chairman!!!!
The lovechild of lurker and spice
This user liked this post: Devils_Advocate

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu May 23, 2019 8:27 pm

Let all the players walk. Then loan them all of our kids free of charge to get competetive gametime.

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3116 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Wed May 29, 2019 9:51 am

The club has just been promoted, the players have not been paid for months, the last owner screwed them to death, the current owner and chairman has admitted he is in over his head, put the club up for sale and has a terminal illness a terminal illness - what more could possibly go wrong - rumours now circulating that they may lose their league status, along with word that Notts County have been told they may yet be reinstated to the league - Is this the future for the pyramid

https://twitter.com/burymeinexile/statu ... 9565514752" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yes it is twitter but this is a guy close to the club

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed May 29, 2019 10:16 am

I'm assuming, if that happened, that Bury's place in League One would be taken by Plymouth who were the highest placed of the relegated clubs.

What an absolute mess some of these clubs are in.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Wed May 29, 2019 10:37 am

that was the way I saw it CT - absolute omnishambles at the moment and I suspect next season will be worse possibly much worse

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed May 29, 2019 10:41 am

It would have to be because you couldn't promote another club now surely after the play offs have been completed

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Wed May 29, 2019 11:58 am

Still being haunted by the practises of the former owner and his financial collapse

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ition-debt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed May 29, 2019 12:03 pm

Stewart Day - the man with big ideas but no substance. They acquired Man City’s old training ground at Carrington during his tenure. I wonder what the situation is now with that.

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Wed May 29, 2019 12:08 pm

Reading through this and the other thread about 'poorer clubs competing' I got to thinking about this from the wider view. If the big clubs carry on grasping as they do, wanting more and more from the pot whilst seemingly ignoring the plight of even relatively big-ish clubs, and if they continue pushing up transfer fees and wages (blame the players and agents as much as you want but the clubs are the ones who have to agree in the end) then we will see more and more clubs in difficulties and eventually (it will happen soon, we can all see it) many will go bust. If that trend were then to continue it would likely escalate to the point where the domination of the few that we see now would be nothing compared to what may well come. If this were the case what would the big clubs do? Have a league of 7 or 8 clubs? Destroy all competition other than amongst themselves making the larger part of even the PL meaningless (which it nearly is now anyway)?

There is nothing wrong with striving to be the best and be at the top but here is the problem: if you strive to be king and in doing so pull up the ladder behind you then it becomes meaningless because you then become King of F*ck All and that is not really being any kind of king. If the City's and Chelseas of this world want to ring fence success what is the point of having a football team at all? If you just want to buy yourself permanent success while other clubs die there comes a time when it all becomes pointless. The law of the jungle will always rule but if the jungle disappears then football is f*cked.
Last edited by houseboy on Wed May 29, 2019 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These 2 users liked this post: maidenover Greenmile

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1148 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Wed May 29, 2019 12:17 pm

Feel sorry for Bury but I know one thing ,their academies were an absolute farm ( far far far worse than the other northwest clubs big and small) They would offer very few contracts while keeping far too big rolling squads hoping for a nugget. Heard some horror stories about them from Man Utd of all places ,constantly trying to raid their development squads .

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Wed May 29, 2019 12:18 pm

Bristol Rovers threatened with being struck off by Companies House for failing to post financial results - a number of other clubs very late with theirs too, most shockingly given the suspicion they have breached FFP is Sheffield Wednesday - who haven't even submitted them to the EFL (they were due there in December last year)

https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/statu ... 4388477952" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5005 times
Has Liked: 6722 times

Post by bfcjg » Wed May 29, 2019 12:35 pm

It doesn't seem that long ago when we thought a point against Bury wasn't a bad result. How times change.
This user liked this post: elwaclaret

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Wed May 29, 2019 1:05 pm

More on that Bristol Rovers thing - they claim the accounts are now with companies house

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/foo ... at-2919150" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Thu May 30, 2019 10:49 am

following that guardian report yesterday @KieranMaguire has a look at the finances of the accounts of Stuart Day's Mederco which lent Bury the money and is now in Administration - it is grim stuff

https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/statu ... 8182089729" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ecc
Been Liked: 1394 times
Has Liked: 1272 times

Post by ecc » Thu May 30, 2019 11:23 am

Total respect to the players and football management of the club.

NL Claret
Been Liked: 516 times
Has Liked: 209 times

Post by NL Claret » Thu May 30, 2019 11:27 am

Chester Perry wrote:following that guardian report yesterday @KieranMaguire has a look at the finances of the accounts of Stuart Day's Mederco which lent Bury the money and is now in Administration - it is grim stuff

https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/statu ... 8182089729" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Apparently the current owner said he was unaware of this loan when he bought the club. It has been pointed out that it was in the last accounts. Did he not read them or is he telling fibs?

Bury FC has been a car crash waiting to happen since Day took over. Paying Championship wages on League 2 gates and appointing Lee Clark could only end in disaster for the club.

There are conspiracy theories that Dale is connected to Day and a chap called Glenn Thomas who had some dodgy dealings at Port Vale.

Fit and proper eh?

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:06 pm

Fans trying to take the club into Admin in a bid to avoid liquidation

https://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/176870 ... ref=twtrec" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

@AndyHolt posted this earlier today

https://twitter.com/AndyhHolt/status/11 ... 3372510209" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

also club director Matt McCarthy has resigned leaving only one director which may be in breach of EFL rules

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48543418" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://twitter.com/dale_wilson78/statu ... 5600056322" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2439 times
Has Liked: 1979 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:00 pm

Ryan Lowe left to take the Plymouth job.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:17 pm

In a move that should probably have come when he took over Steve Dale has sent a number of staff at the club provisional notices of redundancy - as with everything there it could have been handled much better

https://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/177020 ... next-week/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:48 pm

Back at the high court tomorrow - from the Guardian - @DavidConn with his usual good work unravelling the loan upon loan that is weighing the club down so heavily it could disappear altogerther

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... are_btn_tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5005 times
Has Liked: 6722 times

Post by bfcjg » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:36 pm

Chester Perry wrote:Back at the high court tomorrow - from the Guardian - @DavidConn with his usual good work unravelling the loan upon loan that is weighing the club down so heavily it could disappear altogerther

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... are_btn_tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Frightening reading especially if you're a Bury fan.

Royboyclaret
Been Liked: 1274 times
Has Liked: 680 times

Post by Royboyclaret » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:37 pm

Chester Perry wrote:Back at the high court tomorrow - from the Guardian - @DavidConn with his usual good work unravelling the loan upon loan that is weighing the club down so heavily it could disappear altogerther

What a sad, sorry and complex tale of deception and intrigue. Makes our saga of just a few years ago with Longside Properties and Lionbridge appear relatively straightforward. Strange though how companies registered in the BVI seem to be the common denominator in these murky tales.

Tricky Trevor

Post by Tricky Trevor » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:41 pm

bfcjg wrote:Frightening reading especially if you're a Bury fan.
Well they won’t go to Bolton or ‘Dale, so we’ll have em.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:25 pm

Tricky Trevor wrote:Well they won’t go to Bolton or ‘Dale, so we’ll have em.
I think they are more likely to end up at Accy

NL Claret

Post by NL Claret » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:53 am

Adjourned for 6 weeks.

Royboyclaret
Been Liked: 1274 times
Has Liked: 680 times

Post by Royboyclaret » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:32 am

NL Claret wrote:Adjourned for 6 weeks.
Just seen this on SSN........Not sure what they hope to achieve with a 6 week adjournment, but anyway best of luck to them......they're going to need it.

NL Claret

Post by NL Claret » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:01 pm

Not sure if it gives the fans groups, Forever Bury / BOB time to persuade Capital (I think they are called) to put the club into administration so a buyer can be found. The local MP Jimmy Frith reckons there are two potential buyers but the asset stripper is not for selling. It is a very sad state of affairs, neither Day nor Dale are / were fit and proper to run a football club. How anyone thought Day's five year plan of getting into the championship was a good idea I'll never know. Paying championship wages on league 2 crowds was always getting up as a disaster for the fans. Even when Stan got Bury into the 2nd tier the crowds didn't increase unless there was a big away following. The town is split between City and United fans and the days of casual walk ons have gone due to the price.

Andingle

Post by Andingle » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:21 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ts-penalty" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tricky Trevor

Post by Tricky Trevor » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:56 pm

Royboyclaret wrote:Just seen this on SSN........Not sure what they hope to achieve with a 6 week adjournment, but anyway best of luck to them......they're going to need it.
That could totally screw up fixtures throughout the pyramid if they did go to the wall.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:58 pm

Tricky Trevor wrote:That could totally screw up fixtures throughout the pyramid if they did go to the wall.
It won’t. The leagues are now all confirmed. If a club were to go to the wall then that club’s league would play with one team short.
This user liked this post: Tricky Trevor

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4046 times
Has Liked: 1847 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:44 pm

Looks like they'll be doing a Bolton then and starting on minus 12 points.
Because reading that, the proposed part action, as the article says, doesn't seem its going to be enough to keep them out of admin.

NL Claret

Post by NL Claret » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:25 pm

Dale, who took over the club for £1 from the previous owner, the property developer Stewart Day, in December, is stated in the company voluntary arrangement proposal to be owed £3.6m.

How does that work? Does Day owe him the money? Confusing or what.

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:43 pm

NL Claret wrote:Dale, who took over the club for £1 from the previous owner, the property developer Stewart Day, in December, is stated in the company voluntary arrangement proposal to be owed £3.6m.

How does that work? Does Day owe him the money? Confusing or what.
If the money is in the CVA, it means the club owes him the money. Bury FC owed Day close to £5m as at May 2017; it may be that the sale agreement was £1 for the company plus repayment of some of the loan, and Dale had to lend Bury FC the money to repay Dale.

And of course there were the running costs for 2017-18 and 2018-19, and the accounts for both years are still not filed. (2018-19 wouldn't be, of course; but 2017-18 is well overdue.)

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:58 pm

Meanwhile the mess around Stewart Day is even bigger

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/n ... owed-54m-/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NL Claret

Post by NL Claret » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:52 am

Listened to Kieran Maguire on GMR last night, it sounds like Dale must have leant the club £3.6m before he bought the club. This is probably the reason he got it for a quid when Day realised the game was up. Dale takes over not realising the extent of all other debts. By doing the CVA the football creditors get paid and trying to agree 25p in the £ for the others in the CVA.

By doing the CVA over administration means he still has full control of the running of the club which means he is still owed £3.6m and won't be getting £0.9m (25p in the pound) as it is not included in the CVA. Maguire also said that once a club goes into administration the accountants start the clock running.

Will probably start the season level with BWFC.

Andingle

Post by Andingle » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:26 pm

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... c-16509443" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 700 times

Post by mdd2 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:36 pm

I fear this club will be going the way of Stanley in the 60's.
Nice to read how City are helping the pyramid system of soccer-walking over the weaklings when they are down, but happy to poach any budding starlets for nothing when the doomed club disappears.
I think Colin Bell should be having a word.

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:52 pm

mdd2 wrote:I fear this club will be going the way of Stanley in the 60's.
Nice to read how City are helping the pyramid system of soccer-walking over the weaklings when they are down, but happy to poach any budding starlets for nothing when the doomed club disappears.
I think Colin Bell should be having a word.
City have allowed Bury to use the place rent free, and are getting stick because they won't pay all the running costs too? That's more than a bit harsh.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:53 pm

It was a stupid deal for Bury in the first place that they could ill afford- City well within the rights given the neglect of their asset, which will cost asignificant amount to put right I suspect

NL Claret

Post by NL Claret » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:36 pm

The Shakers have appointed Paul Wilkinson as new boss, ex Everton and Grimsby centre forward.

Was previously manager of Truro City, National League South.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:23 pm

This is bizarre - there is no doubt that Bury need a financial injection - but this is some way short - Companies House confirm that there has been a new share injection of £290.00 and no the decimal point is not in the wrong place

https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/statu ... 7576224780" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NL Claret

Post by NL Claret » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:39 pm

Came across some notes from a meeting today on Twitter.

Creditors of previous owner Day are after their £8m which sounds like the CVA won't be accepted. HMRC voting against it.

The value of the ground doesn't meet the value of the debts, EFL won't release payments until Bury can guarantee to see the season out.

£16m in debt. Not sure how this will map out. Covenant on ground says it has to be a sports ground.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:21 pm

What an utter mess this is. I can’t see any sort of positive resolution.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:15 pm

Bury have announced the following:

We can confirm that our pre-season game with West Brom has unfortunately been cancelled. The game was due to be played at Gigg Lane on Tuesday 16th July 2019. However, due to West Brom's pre-season tour abroad being extended, the fixture has had to be cancelled. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Have West Brom really extended their tour or could Bury just not stage it?